Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ripley

24th Firenze Marathon 07

have signed up for this event (bib no. 955F) as my health certification by dr ben tan is still valid... and since all italian running events need doctor's certification, i will make use of it fully... :P plus those who register before

Firenze Marathon 2007

all athletes enrolled before 30th september will get the start number printed with name and surname... :smilie_daumen1: so cool hor...

and the registration cost for non european residents are euro$55 (by 30 jun), euro$65 (by 15 oct), euro$85 (by 15 nov)... fee includes euro$5 for chip which will be refunded after event... cost of registration includes official race bag with ASICS material, finisher medal, & participant certificate by mail... think its value for money... :tongue_smilie:

wow need certification one ar?

:( yeah...

i went to both "company" doc and GP... bot say can't... so i went to the professional... need to do ECG... that's the downside... the upside is that we know we are okie to do the event... although that's too simple to say we are 100% okie... <_<

i went to both "company" doc and GP... bot say can't... so i went to the professional... need to do ECG... that's the downside... the upside is that we know we are okie to do the event... although that's too simple to say we are 100% okie... <_<

So just ECG and doctor's certification will do?

So just ECG and doctor's certification will do?

bingo... :) then you have to fax the doctor's certification to event organiser... and they allocate you the bib... you will not be given a bib even you have registered and paid... :)

for me, i took a pic of my certification (cos i have no scanner) and email over to them... :smilie_daumen1:

wah! start number printed with name and surname :cheers:

just realised this event is in nov....is it gonna be very cold since its winter? :Worried:

:smilie_daumen1: wear singlet and long-sleeved tee... and compression tights... most importantly, must remember to bring gloves... :tongue_smilie:

moin leggie,

i don't think it will be very cold cos it's near the mediterrenean sea. most probably it will be only between 17° - 22° or slightly lower or higher. if it is cooler than 18° celsius, that will be perfect weather for marathon (13° - 16° celsius).

ripley, how much do you pay for the health cert? been thinking about running in italy & france (i guess) but the cert just scares me away!

OP - planning to run the 30th stockholm marathon 2008 (31. may 2008)

I recall that we needed to provide medical cert for Mt. Kinabalu Climbathon too... went to a GP, and paid $20. I guess a Singapore certification can be applied in Europe as well?

I recall that we needed to provide medical cert for Mt. Kinabalu Climbathon too... went to a GP, and paid $20. I guess a Singapore certification can be applied in Europe as well?

i didnt recall going for medical certification.....

moin leggie,

i don't think it will be very cold cos it's near the mediterrenean sea. most probably it will be only between 17° - 22° or slightly lower or higher. if it is cooler than 18° celsius, that will be perfect weather for marathon (13° - 16° celsius).

ripley, how much do you pay for the health cert? been thinking about running in italy & france (i guess) but the cert just scares me away!

halo OP... where have you been hiding!!!!!!!!!

health cert from singapore is $90 for doc consultation... plus $50 for ECG... :) but the ECG is the normal 4-lead ECG... :smilie_daumen1:

you wanna come? come join me too... :)

$20 only??? GP? my GP refused to answer the question... cos the health cert needs to doc to take responsibility that i am fit to take part in the marathon... even my office doctor also won't do that... :(

can share which GP you go too?

$20 only??? GP? my GP refused to answer the question... cos the health cert needs to doc to take responsibility that i am fit to take part in the marathon... even my office doctor also won't do that... :(

should not be a big deal leh... so many of us participate in marathons and endurance runs without even a medical check; not even a declaration like those we do before taking an official IPPT...

the doc asked me what it was for; I said just to certify that I was able to climb mountains; He said u sure u r fit? I told him I have done a few marathons and ultra-marathon liao...so what is a mountain yah? He just took my blood pressure, said good, and sign off lor... good $ what? hehe

should not be a big deal leh... so many of us participate in marathons and endurance runs without even a medical check; not even a declaration like those we do before taking an official IPPT...

the doc asked me what it was for; I said just to certify that I was able to climb mountains; He said u sure u r fit? I told him I have done a few marathons and ultra-marathon liao...so what is a mountain yah? He just took my blood pressure, said good, and sign off lor... good $ what? hehe

well, that said about the standard in singapore as compare to italy... i think i mentioned this before... in italy, children age 12 must go through a mandatory health check / screening to determine if he/she can do sports (i think something like that)...

in italy, all their events require a doctor's assurance that the participants is in good condition to do the event... otherwise, the doctor's is liable... <_<

i think it is time that singapore look into how useful if this is implemented... judging from the series of sports-related death in recent weeks / months...

I, Dr. (name, surname)

born (city, country) ____________________on (dd/mm/yyyy)____________

with office at (complete address)

Phone number

declare myself fully responsible and acknowledge the consequences for falsely

declaring that Mr/Mrs./Ms (name/surname)

born (city, country)________________________on (dd/mm/yyyy)_________

and resident at (complete address)

with the following disability (if applicable)

based on a sport physical exam done by me on (dd/mm/yyyy)_____________

is in good health and fit to compete in a 42, 195 metre marathon according to current

laws.

This certificate is valid one year from this date

the above is what the rome marathon and florence marathon health check looks like... :) my office MO said he can't certify me cos it is not sponsored by the company... my GP said he can't unless i tell him exactly what to check... so i have to go to dr ben tan lor... <_<

Does that means if anything happened to you during the run (touch wood), your doctor is also answerable even if he is not in the country of the race ?

Does that means if anything happened to you during the run (touch wood), your doctor is also answerable even if he is not in the country of the race ?

:/

moin leggie,

just read the website... the weather looked sunny... average is about 13° celsius around end nov... and if really stays this way comes 25 nov 07, then it would be perfect... :smilie_daumen1: :tongue_smilie:

the start and end of the florence marathon are:

start: Piazzale Michelangiolo

end: Piazza S. Croce

sounds like you're going? :rolleyes:

suka start a thread on oversea marathon? Of course will go lah....

suka start a thread on oversea marathon? Of course will go lah....

only tigger will start a thread on overseas marathon but won't go lor... (see the NYC 2007 thread...) :cool_grin:

sotong, i sound like i'm going aaah? okie, here's the truth: i am going... (i state here that i'm going)... :P

wah... so excited after reading the event website...

A WONDERFUL ASICS TECHNICAL LEOTARD PERSONALIZED BY THE FLORENCE MARATHON IS GIVEN AS PRESENT TO ALL REGISTERED RUNNERS.

The run package includes long sleeve t-shirt by RadioDeeJay-Firenze

Marathon, the water-flask by Enervit, with energetic products and educational leaflet, Nature Valley’s snacks and other products offered by the marathon’s sponsors.

It is a richer and richer run package the one waiting for the athletes registered to the Florence Marathon. Indeed, the organizing staff has decided to propose a wonderful Asics technical sky-blue leotard personalized by the Florence Marathon for the 2007 edition of this big international event. An ideal garment for those who love running, perfectly matching with the technical t-shirt offered on the occasion of last year run, always within the by now historical cooperation between the Florentine marathon and the prestigious Asics brand, technical sponsor and event supporter ever since. This year the novelty consists in the long sleeve t-shirt offered by Radio DeeJay, new national media partner of the marathon, and personalized with the event logo in its turn, as well as the Enervit water-flask. Those are products created for those who love running and living sport in the open air and which thanks to their personalization become pleasant memories of the participation into the XXIV edition of the Florence Marathon. The run parcel will also include the energetic products by Enervit, together with the educational leaflet featuring use suggestions, some delicious snacks by Nature Valley as well as further products offered by the event’s sponsors.

Finally, all the athletes who will break the tape will receive the prestigious commemorative medal of the XXIV edition of the Florence Marathon, portraying one of the art treasures of the city: the ‘Perseus’ by Benvenuto Cellini.

:tongue_smilie: