Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alck

where to get cheap watches

i dun quite understand how to swim with the hrm on my chest... i always get it down on my waist when i push off... wear tighter??

Hi Iceman,

I heard that you can get discounts on Polar watches? I am currently looking at the RS200SD as I plan to use that for my gym workouts as well as runs to stay in shape. Do you think you can help me out? hehe~ thanks in advance!

Hi Iceman,

I heard that you can get discounts on Polar watches? I am currently looking at the RS200SD as I plan to use that for my gym workouts as well as runs to stay in shape. Do you think you can help me out? hehe~ thanks in advance!

There is a shop in Bencolean (opposite Sim Lim Square) that sells Polar watches at 20% discount from the list price. Don't know if this considers good price.

i dun quite understand how to swim with the hrm on my chest... i always get it down on my waist when i push off... wear tighter??

yup u got to wear the strap much tighter than u do for running.

Hi,

Any lobang for forerunner 305? Is there any shop in singapore which offer discount? Thinking of getting one for my training.

Thanks,

You may wanna refer to these 2 links

http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showt...2&hl=garmin

http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showt...3&hl=garmin

Cheaper watches can be purchased from eBay, if I am not wrong. But I think they are refurbished sets.

Hi Iceman,

There is a shop in Bencolean (opposite Sim Lim Square) that sells Polar watches at 20% discount from the list price. Don't know if this considers good price.

20% is good for me. =p Btw, do you have the address of the shop?? Or a more precise description of how to get there? Thanks.

Hi,

Any lobang for forerunner 305? Is there any shop in singapore which offer discount? Thinking of getting one for my training.

Thanks,

You may wanna refer to these 2 links

http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showt...2&hl=garmin

http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showt...3&hl=garmin

Cheaper watches can be purchased from eBay, if I am not wrong. But I think they are refurbished sets.

Thanks Jordan,

Do not like to purchase over the internet. Will drop by either bras basah or sim lim square to check these 2 days. Thanks for the information.

Cheers,

Kiterunner

in cases of buying watches over the internet from overseas, make sure warranty is covered locally as well.

BTW which shop in Bencoolen has 20% for polar? Please advise.

Thanks!!

Hi,

Thanks,

Hi, Do u know what is the current price of a new garmin 305. last month i checked it was around 430. hope it drop a bit. want to buy a gps but it's too $$$. Thanks

Anybody got recommendations for a watch that can track distance at a relatively cheap price?

Watch that can track distance like Garmin and Polar (Running models) cost more than $200. For me, I use www.mapmyrun.com to track distance. It's free and it's accuracy is acceptable to me since I not willing to pay $300 to $1,000 for a watch that can track distance.

But 'relatively cheap price' is relative. If $300 is not expensive to you, can buy the watch and save the inconvenience that I go through. :)

Just speed n distance? Den e newly lauched Nike+ Sportband would suffice

Got some teething problems with the upload of runs functions thou!

if you don't need heartrate monitor, you can get Garmin 205. Check Amazon.com or ebay. You should be able to get it at S$200+.

Checked out Timex website and realise they don't have a watch that has both the HRM and distance features. Is it true or did i miss out such a watch on the website?

Checked out Timex website and realise they don't have a watch that has both the HRM and distance features. Is it true or did i miss out such a watch on the website?

Timex has the Ironman Triathlon bodylink series which has HRM and GPS. But their GPS is a separate unit that you suppose to use an arm band. I think the Garmin solution is much better.