Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alck

where to get cheap watches

Hey I went round looking at the Rs400sd, the cheapest I can get on the streets is $600SGD flat, is it a good price?

I think the upcoming NBRR coupon entitles only 10% off right? So $600 is about 15% off which I think anyone can get any other day I guess.

Need advise on whether its a good buy.

why such watches designed so weirdly? initially i was thinking of getting a garmin but chose polar instead. heng

no wonder i never see any one with garmin on the road before.

they should produce one that is like 'normal' watches

I guess each has their own opinions.

It will be a case of what the users wants?

GPS uses up a lot of battery power, but accuracy of routes and the choice of a virtual partner is something that a "normal" watch cannot offer. :)

GPS Devices uses a lot of energy.

Think of the watch as a piece of telecommunication equipment that keep on sending information to the GPS Satellite

You mean this one?

http://www.forbes.com/2002/07/26/0726tentech.html

0726tentech_270x221.jpg

I will be happy to carry Garmin ForeRunner then. =)

yeah it really is chunky. and with the device made by garmin, hardly a consideration. Probably the gps is of older generation model, used by previous models of garmin gps that has since been taken off the shelves.

Other consideration to think about between the garmin forerunner and the polar 200sd is the forerunner is an all in one device and requires a short charging time after each use and can also accumulate for several sessions of running of up to 10 hours. The Polar rs200sd has a foot pod which require a AAA battery that last for 20 hours and may run out in the middle of a session.

Polar is getting onto the GPS bandwagon!!!

http://www.polar.fi/multisport_campaign/

hehe sorry to spoil the limelight, but isn't the G3 pod annouced and discussed qoute sometime here b4? :Hypnotized:

Mmm nevethelees, seems that iceman is MIA, he had not replied about getting 25% off polar watches now.. still wonder if $600 flat for the RS400SD is worth while... dang!

hehe sorry to spoil the limelight, but isn't the G3 pod annouced and discussed qoute sometime here b4? :Hypnotized:

Mmm nevethelees, seems that iceman is MIA, he had not replied about getting 25% off polar watches now.. still wonder if $600 flat for the RS400SD is worth while... dang!

Opps, found the posting.

Got Polar Newsletter yesterday announcing G3, thought it is something new.... Chey.....

Maybe you can try shouting for NYF in Trifam, he may be able to help...

Opps, found the posting.

Got Polar Newsletter yesterday announcing G3, thought it is something new.... Chey.....

No problem at all! Is this the link you've found? started by Lonely runner himself at the link: :smilie_daumen1:

http://sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5212

Maybe you can try shouting for NYF in Trifam, he may be able to help...

How can I get about contacting him for my RS400Sd? Dun seem to find that username on the memberlist :X :Nail Biting:

Got a new rs400. Anyone using it? Any comments? Not sure if I want to let it go and get an rs200sd because the rs400 I got is without the foot pod.

The other alternative that I am considering is to get a foot pod for it. So, if anyone wants to let go his/her foot pod (be it new or used), please PM me. Thanks.

thinking of getting the rs200sd, anyone tried buying it off ebay? It looks cheaper there or anyone has good lobang

Thanks

thinking of getting the rs200sd, anyone tried buying it off ebay? It looks cheaper there or anyone has good lobang

Thanks

hello, do you like to make an introduction here?

Thanks

hello, do you like to make an introduction here?

Done Thanks for the reminder

Thanks

Check out with Iceman. You can PM him.

Sorry, offtopic here.

I am using Polar F11 now. Is it ok to use it for swimming and record heartrate?

Definitely yes.

Sorry, offtopic here.

I am using Polar F11 now. Is it ok to use it for swimming and record heartrate?

Definitely yes.

Heehee ok thanks! :)

Thanks to iceman who got me my brand new Polar RS400sd at 25% off!

wah you must be very happy already, new toy!

Thanks to iceman who got me my brand new Polar RS400sd at 25% off!

No worries bro, I am glad u got wat u wanted, without paying extra.

I need to thank iceman as well for get such a good discount for my rs200sd. Thank You!!

Yup, brought it for a calibration run yesterday, da new toy rocks! hehehe :smilie_daumen1:

wah you must be very happy already, new toy!

Does the RS200Cd got the pacer??? Something like every step, its beep once and the next.