Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bug

Beijing International Marathon 2007

Also, Zhang is just 17, and Bai 18. Ren Longyun is 20. Their young age says the vast potential of China's future marathon stars.

reminds me of ma's army of runners who dominated track events years ago...

btw, PRK is korea?

PRK is Peoples Republic of Korea (North Korea).

wah... they are so young!!! and they certainly looks to improve if they train properly... :Big Grin:

btw, i din know north korea got such good runners too... :smilie_daumen1: so far only knew south korea...

Also, Zhang is just 17, and Bai 18. Ren Longyun is 20. Their young age says the vast potential of China's future marathon stars.

reminds me of ma's army of runners who dominated track events years ago...

Was about to say the same thing, but gentle beats me to it. :)

Zhou Chunxiu 周春秀 who got gold and silver in Flora London and Osaka World Championship this year respectively did not take part in this event. Her PB is 2:19.51 in Seoul International Marathon last year.

I did some race statistics as follows.

1. 7,000 runners registered for the full marathon.

2. 4,042 men and 574 women finishers.

3. Men's average finish time : 4:00:15

4. Women's average finish time : 4:07:02

* cut-off time is 5 hours

http://www.beijing-marathon.com/en/latest/...-finishers.html

Only four Singaporean men and one woman took part in the event.

Wah. . .the sole Singapore female rep did a sub-4hr Marathon:

188 731 KOK HUI PING SGP 3:56:57 :Applause: :Applause:

I did some race statistics as follows.

1. 7,000 runners registered for the full marathon.

2. 4,042 men and 574 women finishers.

3. Men's average finish time : 4:00:15

4. Women's average finish time : 4:07:02

* cut-off time is 5 hours

http://www.beijing-marathon.com/en/latest/...-finishers.html

Only four Singaporean men and one woman took part in the event.

Wah. . .the sole Singapore female rep did a sub-4hr Marathon:

188 731 KOK HUI PING SGP 3:56:57 :Applause: :Applause:

hyperactive?

Half... U very Heng.. or else u will be running with breathing mask! :tongue_smilie:

BEIJING (AFP) - - Children and the elderly in Beijing were advised to stay indoors as thick smog choked the city on Friday, a day after a top Olympic official warned that pollution could disrupt next year's Games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Beijing's top weather official, Sun Jisong, said old and young risked contracting respiratory diseases if they went outside.

"Wear a face mask if you have to go out today," the official Xinhua news agency quoted Sun as telling all Beijingers.

Xinhua blamed a heavy fog that had enveloped Beijing for trapping the pollution, and the smog caused havoc across the city on Friday.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20071026/tts-...on-c1b2fc3.html

No wonder when I talk, smoke comes out but when I run no smoke behind leh.. :P

Ha..ha...that's a good one. :LMAO:

The 2007 race report is coming soon...

By the way, the next year Beijing Marathon is scheduled on 19 Oct 2008 but yet to be confirmed.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Upcoming Events

• Topics

• Now, what I'm going to say next may be a somewhat unpleasant topic among runners, but the reality is that among fellow athletes.... there are some who cheat. 🤔  Although this has been minimized now in modern races with timing mats/chips and vigilant marshalls on the course, in less sophisticated events, some dishonest runners take shortcuts, surreptitiously exchange bibs with a faster runner somewhere along the course (so their times come out better), and in one ultra, board their support vehicle when they think nobody is looking, then get off 10-20km later down the road! I don't know what goes on in the mind of those dishonest people who later claim their finisher shirts and medals just so they can brag on their social media accounts of something they did not rightfully accomplish. They are only fooling themselves. They may be actually very few in number, but if they are so thick skinned to be able to do that in a real race, how much more in a virtual one based on an honesty system? They may have  rode a bycycle, or used roller skates/ a skateboard for all we know! IMHO, that is why a medal/finisher shirt from an actual race will always command more respect and honor amongst us runners than that from a virtual one.    
    • I agree. Crossing the finish line at SCSM by analogy, would be like earning a diploma from NUS, while a virtual run on the other hand, would be like getting a certificate of some online course from some shady internet school. You may have truly done the coursework and gained the appropriate learning in both cases, but when you present your documents to a potential employer, the former will be solid proof of your accomplishment and hard work compared to the latter.  
    • I like this statement: We all look forward to a positive future and I believe that this is a great first step in that direction. Marathon is a sport whereby elite athletes and fun runners are actually racing in the same race. It's what makes our sport unique and I find the essence of this to be beautiful.
    • Athletic superstars like Eliud Kipchoge and Kenenisa Bekele will take part in a worldwide virtual team relay marathon next month (info - mybestruns.com)   Say yes to scsm 2020...go virtual as fun runners with the Elites...Virtual Relay of each team member runs 10.5K, alone, together....MA RA TH ON 😷
    • uncle completed a 10KM familiarization Exercise (Run) north of Bukit Timah Railway Stn... Rifle Range Road >>> [Rail Corridor closed] >>> Bukit Timah Fire Station >>> Hillview >>> Gombak Rail Corridor [15km] >>> Pang Sua Park Connector >>> Stagmont "crossing" >>> Rail Corridor [18km] >>> Rail Corridor [20km] >>> Kranji Railway Station >>> Junction of Kranji Close and Kranji Road >>> Kranji MRT   Interesting to know that north of Bukit Timah Railway Rail Corridor, the trail terrain is almost...except the one from Rifle Range Road [Rail Corridor Closed] Especally reaching Kranji Railway Stn (Defunct) the almost 1km trail (caused by bikes) becomes waterlogged on both sides, muddy... and if after heavy rainfall, this place should very wet, black and soggy...like s*** South of Bukit Timah Railway Stn...the trail terrain is completely the "North Rail Corridor" neighbourhoods hail from Hillview, Bukit Panjang, CCK... Of course, not many will venture beyond Stagmont "crossing" >>> Rail Corridor [18km] - Sungei Kadut ...saw wild dogs... Rail Corridor [beyond 18km and 20km] Kranji...beyond 20km is muddy and both sides are waterlogged... Surprisingly, shades provided by the vegetation are welcome against hot sun... Of course, North Rail Corridor is very much like good old "Green Corridor" because it is not frequent by both hikers/runners and bikers, nature is green.  Note: Distance Marker along North Rail Corridor...last time... the distance [number in yellow board] refers from the 778.25 km marker (as shown in the picture) that once stood close to the mosque...towards Tanjong Pagar Jalan Hang Jebat in Wessex Estate, at the end of which the mosque still stands today... Uncle did not notice the yellow Distance Board at the South Rail Corridor...but from "Hillview" Rail Corridor [entered just behind Hillview MRT]...the yellow Distance Board is really "nostagia"...distance measured from Tanjong Pagar at 0 km....😷