Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bug

Beijing International Marathon 2007

Hi, anybody planning to go for this event?

ANA Beijing International Marathon

Or anybody did it before? wanna share yr experience for the race?

any lobangs for a 'cheap-and-good' race and tour? :P

any good makan places to recommend..heehee

how's the weather?

me and a couple of kakis interested to go for this event..Cheers :)

The registration for Beijing International Marathon is now open.

http://www.cits.net/citsonlineWeb/switchdo...b2c/Details.jsp

* Date & Venue: Sunday, October 21 2007. Beijing

* Start: 08:00 a.m. at Tian'anmen Square

* Roll Call Time: 07:00 - 07:45 a.m.

* Time Limit for All Events:

5 hours for full marathon, 2h30' for half marathon, 1 hour for 8km marathon and 25 minutes for 5km marathon. Runners failing to reach the time limit will be asked to get on a pick-up vehicle.

* Awards:

For full marathon, 1st-10th place winners (male and female), trophy, prize and medal; finishers within the time limit, certificate, medal and bath towel. For half, 8km and 5km marathon, 1st-10th place winners (male and female), trophy, medal, and sports shirt; finishers with the time limit, result-record manual.

* All participants will receive an official BIM shoulder bag, T-shirt and start number

* A non-refundable registration fee is USD 60 (500 Yuan) per person for full marathon or USD 55 (450 Yuan ) per person for half, 8km and 5km marathon

* Deadline of registration entry: September 15, 2007

* Those registering after the deadline (between September 16th to October 12th) have to pay USD 100 in cash at our office.

Heard this is one of the Big 4 Marathons in China that is a must-do, the others being the Xiamen, Dahlian and Shanghai Marathons.

Keep us informed, Bug

this was one of the asia marathon that i've pencilled in for this year... but timing clash with my other trip... will kiv in future... Dream is right... one of the must-do race in china... :smilie_daumen1:

Bug... this one i can seriously consider... <_< Let us know if u hv further infos.. :rolleyes:

Date & Venue: Sunday, October 21, 2007. Beijing

5 hours for full marathon, 2h30' for half marathon, 1 hour for 8km marathon and 25 minutes for 5km marathon. Runners failing to reach the time limit will be asked to get on a pick-up vehicle.

* Awards:

For full marathon, 1st-10th place winners (male and female), trophy, prize and medal; finishers within the time limit, certificate, medal and bath towel. For half, 8km and 5km marathon, 1st-10th place winners (male and female), trophy, medal, and sports shirt; finishers with the time limit, result-record manual.

* All participants will receive an official BIM shoulder bag, T-shirt and start number

* A non-refundable registration fee is USD 60 (500 Yuan) per person for full marathon or USD 55 (450 Yuan ) per person for half, 8km and 5km marathon

* Those registering after the deadline (between September 16th to October 12th) have to pay USD 100 in cash at our office.

Date & Venue: Sunday, October 21, 2007. Beijing

* Awards:

thanks, half-timer... :smilie_daumen1:

i've merged this with the earlier thread (same topic) started by Bug... :)

btw, this is a tough race if i were to take part... 5-hour time limit... :sweat:

Hi, anybody planning to go for this event?

ANA Beijing International Marathon

Or anybody did it before? wanna share yr experience for the race?

any lobangs for a 'cheap-and-good' race and tour? :P

any good makan places to recommend..heehee

how's the weather?

me and a couple of kakis interested to go for this event..Cheers :)

I've not taken part in this event so this is 2nd hand: A runner from Thailand who had taken part told me there were hardly any water points along the route - surprising for an 'international' event.

hey , i am currently based in china at the moment for work , if time and everything permits, i would love to do this event. BUt my base is ard 4-5hrs away from beijing. I do have contacts there to faciliate hotel stay and all though.

I've not taken part in this event so this is 2nd hand: A runner from Thailand who had taken part told me there were hardly any water points along the route - surprising for an 'international' event.

really? then i'll not be surprise... this is exactly what happen in xiamen international marathon 2006... they only serve plain water or coke... think its every 5km... and i dun remember any food or powergel, etc... one must be self-sufficient i supposed... <_<

siao liao..'harly any water points..'..bug will dry up and kanna eaten :P

have to really consider carefully liao..not used to carry water and run.

I am 4 hrs away by car ......

i wonder how the organisation of the event goes? i would like to run the 1/2 mara , but from the looks of it , its nt going to be properly organised with no timing and all.

Wonder if its going to be a mass start or ? after being in china for a while , i realise i can never trust their organisation skills.. hahaha...

I've made up my mind to run 42km.

It would be nice to immerse in the race as I expect more world class runners to take part in the event as a pre Olympics 2008 race.

Anyone is going ?

It would be nice to immerse in the race as I expect more world class runners to take part in the event as a pre Olympics 2008 race.

Anyone is going ?

what's ur itinery?

can't make it this year liao..work commitment.

All the best to those doing it..Cheers :)

Hmmm..Tigger, I see it as an investment but not a damage.

I have yet to do the sum which I think should be around $800 (airfare + 3 night hotel twin sharing).

Hmmm..Tigger, I see it as an investment but not a damage.

I have yet to do the sum which I think should be around $800 (airfare + 3 night hotel twin sharing).

I will be there too. same 19 - 22 . run hm twice will be first full. many many spectators along the route.

Anyone is going ?

Hey Halftimer,

considering and let you know. :Praying: :Praying: :Praying:

Cheers !

Kayano

Contact Information

Name: Stephanie Hsiao

Address: Octagon 701 China Life Tower 16 Chaowai Avenue Beijing 100020, PRC

Phone Number: +8610 8525 1200 ext 832

Fax Number: +8610 8525 1789

Email: stephanie.hsiao@octagon.com

Official Race Website: http://www.beijing-marathon.com

I paid up my entry fee USD60 two days ago timely for the weaken USD against SGD. The POSB's TT fee plus admin charges are $40.

Runners registered as of September 14, 2007

- Full Marathon: 5,000

- Half Marathon: 2,392

- 8K: 7,000

- Mini Marathon: 5,000

Total : 19,392

so many people are taking part in the full marathon as compared to the half.. twice the number