Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DreamRunner

The Mardi Gras (Muddy Grass) Run

ok...it has come down to this...the Muddy Grass run, a spin-off from discussions about Hiking Trails and X-Country terrain around the Singapore 3-Reservoir Region:

Route: Lower Pierce Reservoir -> old Upper Thomson Road -> Mandai Track -> Seletar Reservoir -> Nee Soon Rifle Range -> Secluded Trails -> Upper Pierce Reservoir -> Rifle Range Pipeline -> Rifle Range Road -> Bukit Timah Visitor Centre -> Bukit Timah Kampong Trail -> back to Rifle Range Road -> back to Chunky Hill -> SICC Carpark (Right Of Northern Route) -> Thomson Road -> Lower Pierce Reservoir

Distance: 18km-35km (depending on how much of Rifle Range section runner does)

Pace: 6:30min-7min/km

Date: October 24, Tuesday

Time: 7.00am

Hydration: Limited water points. Bring own fuel belt, camelbaks, etc...and $$ for isotonic drinks (if we do find a Petrol Kiosk on the way)

Nutrition: Best time to try out PowerBars, Powergels, snicker bars, sweets,etc

Highlights: Many parts of the this route have not been visited by too many runners, hikers or even walkers... :smilie_daumen1:

1. Brokie

2. Ronnie

3. tktan

4. Renohtaram

5. Dream

6. Freddy

7. Cosmic

8. DO

9. stazla

10. Fatty Bom Bom

11. chuacath

Mardi Gras... hehe.... Hmmm... must be a very happening trail run... I m ON... :cool_grin:

wahh..muddy grass sounds fun  :P

i think imd was organising a 50k run on 14oct night?

yah...I just found out that IMD's EWE run may be on Oct 14... based on feedback, tentatively changed the date of this Muddy Grass Run to Oct 22. The other alternative date is Oct 24 (incidentally, Mardi Gras falls on a Tuesday, which Oct 24 is one....hehe) are other alternative dates.

Hope it is ok with the original bunch of people who might be keen in this :cheers:

Really lots of events and happenings in Oct... finalized Mardi Gras run to be on Oct 24 (a public holiday)...heh the orginal Mardi Gras actually falls on Tuesday :)

Lets have a wonderful long run then :cheers:

Really lots of events and happenings in Oct... finalized Mardi Gras run to be  on Oct 24 (a public holiday)...heh the orginal Mardi Gras actually falls on Tuesday  :)

Lets have a wonderful long run then  :cheers:

Count me in too! I hope I can find my way to the start point, that's all.

Really lots of events and happenings in Oct... finalized Mardi Gras run to be  on Oct 24 (a public holiday)...heh the orginal Mardi Gras actually falls on Tuesday  :)

Count me in too! I hope I can find my way to the start point, that's all.

no problem...will tell you all the exact start point as the date is closer..

added Cosmic and chongwfg in

35km? :cheers: :smilie_daumen1:

Must apply for VISA! See how! :sweat:

Say, this run happen to be 2 weeks before MR25 35km final progressive run on 5th Nov (Sunday)! We shall have more than enough mileage. Cool..... :smilie_daumen1:

Oops...I need to update this space with additional participants names and route, but the Temp Forum is not accessible..

For those whose names not on Post #1, kindly indicate your interest again...thanks.

Yo Dream buddy, I don't usually run a long distance during the normal weekday training, but I may try for run this one when the VISA is granted and pending for PSI index status. :)

Cheers.

Yo Dream buddy, I don't usually run a long distance during the normal weekday training, but I may try for run this one when the VISA is granted and pending for PSI index status. :)

Cheers.

Hope you get your VISA for this run, Ultra... :cheers:

This will be a prelude to the MR25 35km Progressive Run on Sunday :cool_grin:

Aiyo, there seems to be quite a few "not that short distance running" lining up for this week..... :/

All adds up to the equivalent of Ultra marathon in 3-4 days :sweat:

But that's the fun of it :cool_grin:

i can't wait for mardi gras run :smilie_daumen1:

heh renoh,

I remember u were one of the few here whom has gone through the Nee Soon Rifle Range, Seletar air-cond-road, and the muddy grass out to UPR bits... we did it with the SAFRA MF ppl then, yah?

May need your help to jolt my memory if I forget the minor turns on that day :)