hamu86

Proper Shoe Store with Helpful Staff?

Can anyone recommend a real shoe store in Singapore which actually has knowledgeable, helpful staff? Please don't say Velocity / Running Lab -- I had a dreadful experience there. They didn't bother to listen or ask about injuries or gait, or to even turn on the treadmill, which I would imagine must be in the store for a reason....

Many thanks in advance.

Firstly welcome to the forum.

I don't know of store staff actually knowing their stuff unless they coach..... and if you understand about running form etc, then you understand more than the staff

What type of runner are you? 

23 hours ago, hamu86 said:

Can anyone recommend a real shoe store in Singapore which actually has knowledgeable, helpful staff? Please don't say Velocity / Running Lab -- I had a dreadful experience there. They didn't bother to listen or ask about injuries or gait, or to even turn on the treadmill, which I would imagine must be in the store for a reason....

Many thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay here.

You might want to try this one stop shop Red Dot Running Company for shoes advise. Hope this helps.

The link is https://www.rdrc.sg/

Profile of lady boss (founder of Red Dot Running Company) https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/fashion/hooked-on-going-the-distance

Edited by SG RED DEVIL

Hi @hamu86... welcome to the forum!!

I think it will be difficult for the staff at runninglab or any shoe shops to really give you a good analysis... their main objective is to sell you the shoes so they will just sell you a pair no matter what... 

If you need people to look at your gait, past injuries, etc, you might need to go beyond the usual shops and onto a running coach or physio....