jerrylam

Is There Any Water Points Along Tanah Merah Coast Road?

Hi runners! I'm planning on a solo long run during the coming CNY break, and part of my route will pass through the entire Tanah Merah Coast Road. Is there any water point / dispenser along Tanah Merah Coast Road? Thanks.

Edited by jerrylam

I believe there is a toilet block past Changi Bay towards Changi Point but most of the area is industry around that area.

Maybe can knock on one of the doors and ask for water if desperate?

BTW would you like to be a team member for a 40km relay?  You have to run 10km anywhere you like

Edited by Lady Ice

Car Park 7 at Changi Beach - washroom and drinks vending machine...

Compared to last time, the start from Changi Beach has extended for another 8+KM.. and then exit at Tanah Marah Canal with another 6+KM... in this Tenah Merah Coast Road...in the past just 8+ Km...

Along the way, there should be "rest shelters" (counted 5 - spread out every 2.5KM)  good enough for 2 person..with solar powered thrash bins...and of course, no water point/toilet...if you meet with thunder lightning.. be sure to be "drenched" even in shelters...

abutthen.. if you want to "urgently" contribute your poo/sai tank for Climate Change... along the way, there are some illegal "entrance" paths to the New Tahan Merah Coast Beaches...you will see lots of "Kite Wave Surfers"...actually that is why you go Tanah Merah Coastal Road for that...not Run...

Just make sure, you are not captured by CCTVs...drones..or peeping "Toms/Janes"...

Of course, there is always the Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal...that will be 15KM from Changi Beach Park 7 Carpark...and 3KM from the Tanah Merah Canal...in the event your legs energy level "punctured" to level -100%...just take bus 38...

Of course, if you should chiong all the way to ECP... then ECP "0"KM shall be your waterpoint...

If you can chiong some more, go all the way to Marina Bay...just 12KM...

Suggest you ride bike, otherwise, if you see another "lone" runner there...hope you meet up uncle...maybe uncle will lead you to "beach" entrance/exit where we could comlete our "flashing" business... then we could swim 5KM to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal....just for Biathlon...Run-Swim-Run..maybe that will be more fun...😁 

Edited by kohpapa
17 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

I believe there is a toilet block past Changi Bay towards Changi Point but most of the area is industry around that area.

Maybe can knock on one of the doors and ask for water if desperate?

BTW would you like to be a team member for a 40km relay?  You have to run 10km anywhere you like

Seems that this Tanah Merah Coast Road stretch is really 'bare'...

Yes, i'm keen to to contribute to your relay team. Must the distance clocked be just 10km? Or the 10km be part of a longer distance? And how do i join? 😀

7 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Car Park 7 at Changi Beach - washroom and drinks vending machine...

Compared to last time, the start from Changi Beach has extended for another 8+KM.. and then exit at Tanah Marah Canal with another 6+KM... in this Tenah Merah Coast Road...in the past just 8+ Km...

Along the way, there should be "rest shelters" (counted 5 - spread out every 2.5KM)  good enough for 2 person..with solar powered thrash bins...and of course, no water point/toilet...if you meet with thunder lightning.. be sure to be "drenched" even in shelters...

abutthen.. if you want to "urgently" contribute your poo/sai tank for Climate Change... along the way, there are some illegal "entrance" paths to the New Tahan Merah Coast Beaches...you will see lots of "Kite Wave Surfers"...actually that is why you go Tanah Merah Coastal Road for that...not Run...

Just make sure, you are not captured by CCTVs...drones..or peeping "Toms/Janes"...

Of course, there is always the Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal...that will be 15KM from Changi Beach Park 7 Carpark...and 3KM from the Tanah Merah Canal...in the event your legs energy level "punctured" to level -100%...just take bus 38...

Of course, if you should chiong all the way to ECP... then ECP "0"KM shall be your waterpoint...

If you can chiong some more, go all the way to Marina Bay...just 12KM...

Suggest you ride bike, otherwise, if you see another "lone" runner there...hope you meet up uncle...maybe uncle will lead you to "beach" entrance/exit where we could comlete our "flashing" business... then we could swim 5KM to Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal....just for Biathlon...Run-Swim-Run..maybe that will be more fun...😁 

Hi kohpapa!! Good to hear from you again!!

I was hoping that 1 of those red shelters would at least have 1 water dispenser. Coming from Loyang, it seems that i'll need to top up my hydration at the last toilet at Changi Beach before hitting Tanah Merah Coast Rd, as the next water dispenser will be at ECP.

Thanks for the advice. 

2 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Hi kohpapa!! Good to hear from you again!!

I was hoping that 1 of those red shelters would at least have 1 water dispenser. Coming from Loyang, it seems that i'll need to top up my hydration at the last toilet at Changi Beach before hitting Tanah Merah Coast Rd, as the next water dispenser will be at ECP.

Thanks for the advice. 

If you want me to join you in the next few days, just let me know when...PM...

prefer to start from Changi Village side...eat and get replenish...👌

10 hours ago, jerrylam said:

Seems that this Tanah Merah Coast Road stretch is really 'bare'...

Yes, i'm keen to to contribute to your relay team. Must the distance clocked be just 10km? Or the 10km be part of a longer distance? And how do i join? 😀

Yah it is pretty bare. The relay is 10km each ..... and could be part of a longer distance. Looks like we have completed team 3. Could open up team 4 but will need 2 others. It is $5 a go. This is the event: https://raceroster.com/events/2021/36984/world-athletics-cross-country-championships-bathurst-21-global-challenge and the thread here is 

Let me know if you will sign up and know 2 more to join.

Thanks so much 🙂 

Edited by Lady Ice

Wah, Jerry, you are so lucky to have when you returned to sgRunners forum -

1. uncle offers to chong "Tanah Merah Coast Road" for at least for 16KM without hydration and nutrition....uncle's style is drink stn (vending machine) only at Tanah Merah Ferry Point and then take bus to Tanah Merah MRT....then leave you alone to complete your journey to where you want to go after that...

2. Lady Ice offers you the opportunity to take part as Relay Team member in BATHURST 21 GLOBAL CHALLENGE (1 FEBRUARY - 21 MARCH 2021) ...

solo long run during the coming CNY break

looks like uncle could offer to run with you, persuade you to join as Relay Team member, because uncle is also the Team Captain...and if you just say yes,

uncle shall form a team asap... Team sgRunnersFinal4!...remember you just have to pay your participation and then you shall pay of other add-ons like medal and tee...as Team member

as long as you say yes here...Jerry...welcome to Team sgRunnersFinal4! shall be part of your coming CNY break... you must also prepare to race for 10KM together with us at Runkeeper apps...

Jerry.. you want to do this one..."tanah merah coast" route...at least 18KM if you start from Changi Village to Tanah Merah Canal...and yet you have not reached ECP.. you have 2 waterpoints - Changi Beach CarPark7 and Tanah Merah Ferry Point....once you enter ECP [10.5KM] plenty of washroom with waterpoints + F&B places...

Jerry.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Hi guys! Thanks everyone for the advise and suggestions! I went to ran that route during CNY. I made sure i topped up my hydration at the last toilet at Changi Beach as the next hydration point is at ECP. 

As i ran on a Saturday night, i'm surprised to find out that Tanah Merah Coast Road stretch was not as deserted as i imagined. Ran pass quite a few runners and even hikers, most of them in groups. 

Will definitely plan for another longer run pass that side soon.