beast

[Virtual Run] Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon (KLSCM) 2020

For those who really want a FM challenge to end off your 2020, here's your chance!

https://www.kl-marathon.com/

Single submission only, which means you really need to run a full FM, HM, 10KM race.

Sign up is free, and entitlements are very cheap compared to SCSM - Finisher medal at RM20, T-shirt at RM45.

The catch? You have to use their KLSCM app to track your run, and if you order entitlements, shipping to Singapore is from RM155 onwards, which is very steep.

So who's in? 

thank you @beast...

yes, uncle sign-up...bib number slot with distance category yet..app not ready...

no commitment on merchandize

Full-Marathon.png

t-shirt.jpg

say only medal...

Payment.jpg

S$ x 0.33... what if add t-shirt...not worth it...Delivery fee

WTH Delivery fee is RM20???? for first 500gm?

from facebook...

https://t.co/MBMOMqAVEq?amp=1

sometimes, uncle got to use translation from bahasa melayu to english

Run at one go. No accumulation of distances is allowed. *we only allow one category per runner. 

The *app for KLSCM 2020 VR will be announced next week. Please wait for the announcement from us, thank you.

End of November...

no Strava integration. For running watch, only Garmin, Suunto, Apple Watch, Fitbit and Polar support. Brands other than those mentioned and those who want to use Strava must use another method, that is, after the run, have to download .gpx file and then upload to the SCKLM VR app. This is too complicated for people with no technical background or people who want an easy way

https://www.kl-marathon.com/virtual/faq/general-faq/

Note: Registrations will continue until 3 December, 4pm

There will be no specific cut-off times for each respective distance. Participants can complete their run anywhere outdoors, at a location of their choice, any time between 12.00am, 5 December and 11.59pm, 13 December 2020 (GMT+8).

Edited by kohpapa

wah, with Nov and Dec VIrtual Races...so closely...

to end 2020...uncle shall complete to fit into the schedule...SCSM [Grand Finale] VR and 2020 KLSCM VR:

SCSM Grand Finale VR Double Up Challenge [21K + 10K] on 28 Nov.

2020 KLSCM VR 42K (concurrently with *Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run 42.2K)...kill 2 birds with 1 Run....on 5 Dec after 12am.

VR6250152ef7b0aaab.jpg

another *Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run 46.88K on Dec 6 to complete Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run 88.88K

21K+10K+42.2K+46.68K = 120.08K...

"Want" "To" _ . _ "Huat" Challenge

siong but do'able lah!...😄

Edited by kohpapa
58 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

wah, with Nov and Dec VIrtual Races...so closely...

to end 2020...uncle shall complete to fit into the schedule...SCSM [Grand Finale] VR and 2020 KLSCM VR:

SCSM Grand Finale VR Double Up Challenge [21K + 10K] on 28 Nov.

2020 KLSCM VR 42K (concurrently with *Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run 42.2K)...kill 2 birds with 1 Run....on 5 Dec after 12am.

another *Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run 46.88K on Dec 6 to complete Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run 88.88K

21K+10K+42.2K+46.68K = 120.08K...

"Want" "To" _ . _ "Huat" Challenge

siong but do'able lah!...😄

Wait, what?

You are given 2 months till 31 Jan 2020 to complete your 88.88km for the Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run. There is really no need to do a 42.2K on one day and then 46.68K next day. Already say its an Ox run, so do it slow and steady please!

Also, if you are still collecting those useless VR badges, don't forget the double up challenge is independent of the individual categories, meaning you won't automatic get your double up challenge VR badge like previously. They have changed the rules already. So you need to run 21+10+21+10 to get all 3 of your VR budges.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:18 PM, beast said:

Wait, what?

You are given 2 months till 31 Jan 2020 to complete your 88.88km for the Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run. There is really no need to do a 42.2K on one day and then 46.68K next day. Already say its an Ox run, so do it slow and steady please!

Also, if you are still collecting those useless VR badges, don't forget the double up challenge is independent of the individual categories, meaning you won't automatic get your double up challenge VR badge like previously. They have changed the rules already. So you need to run 21+10+21+10 to get all 3 of your VR budges.

aiya @beast, uncle is not interested in SCSM [Grand Finale] ever since they announced, there is no Virtual Marathon Race  category...so disappointed...collect so many e-badges and thousand credits for what... 

look at 2020 KLSCMarathon...towards the end of the year 2020...a VR Edition...they give you a medal with 42K provided you complete in 1-day. That is uncle's choice of any Virtual Marathon Race. 1-day only just like 2020 London Marathon Virtual Race and other WMM races...

if not for the WTHuat delivery fee so steep for overseas addresses...uncle would have pre-Order the medal. But, uncle just want to complete 4th and 5th Virtual Marathon Race for 2020 in the span of 2 months (Nov and December).

Somemore, participating VR entry is considered as 2020 "participant" to KLSCM, and you will be given "early bird" if there will be in-place run in 2021...if covid-19 is free...hopefully..

Besides, uncle has to double-up the time to complete virtual runs...because...got to serve National Official Duty...on 2 weekends...Nov/Dec..Competition Selection for National Athletes who want to qualify for SEA Games 2021...

officiate4a544ddfabc20193.jpg

Anyway, 2020 KLSC Marathon FM Virtual Race Registration is FOC...Cost is Zero even if you DNF (9 out of 10 who start) or DNS (2 out of 3 who sign-up).

So, uncle has the confidence and decided to sign-up another 42-K Marathon VR under different email <another runner>...with Medal 

KLSCM-2020-VR-Full-Marathon.jpg

uncle's latest schedule Virtual Races (Nov/Dec)...

My-Schedule.jpg

Uncle shall be using garmin integrating to KLSCM VR app...Option 1.

from garmin upload .gpx file to JustRunLah! Connect...for Lunar Run 2021 Virtual Ox Run [88.88KM]

LunarRun2021-medal.jpg

As for SCSM [Grand Finale]...garmin... 😄

Already uncle has these medals from VR Medals Collection Series...

scsm-vr.jpg

so uncle has no need for more e-Badges...

what a year 2020 to end for uncle...Marathon Virtual Races and Challenges...with Medals.

Edited by kohpapa

Forgive me for saying this, but I think the organizers announcing a (full) marathon with just 2 weeks advance notice is a bit unreasonable, and may have caught some runners not doing the proper (marathon) mileage off guard (thinking there are no races anyway). 😓

1 hour ago, beast said:

I should be running the free HM. Don't think I can complete a self supported FM yet.

You certainly can of course, and I've done so in some past LSD's, but even I have to admit that I now find it bothersome.

Again, at the risk of drawing flak from the "hardcore" or "die-hard" runners out there who'd call me a wuss, I honestly prefer to have a secure, safe course (free of vehicles) to run on, and the convenience of having an aid station at least every 2kms (even if with just plain water, and no fancy drinks or snacks). Even if I have to pay a (reasonable) entry fee to support such logistics. You can only find these kind of things in an actual, not virtual  race.

Also, unlike perhaps in Singapore, I'm embarassed to say that many motorists here in my country are jerks, and if you try running here, you'll understand what I mean.

Whenever I run, whether short easy run, speed work or LSD I'm always careful, and utilize best safe running practices: (i.e. no earphones, run at the edge of the road away from vehicles and in the direction facing traffic [so you can see them and be prepared for anything], stop at intersections, wear visible clothing, and never run too hard/fast enough that you're not alert to any possible dangers etc.) and despite all that + years of experience running here, I've had too many close calls for comfort sometimes. 😅 😅 😅

2 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Forgive me for saying this, but I think the organizers announcing a (full) marathon with just 2 weeks advance notice is a bit unreasonable, and may have caught some runners not doing the proper (marathon) mileage off guard (thinking there are no races anyway). 😓

I believe there are many out there who are training day in day out and is always ready for a FM... and probably it just takes them 2-4 weeks to prepare to complete the FM distance..  of course normal folks like me will not be able to do this a mid i will have to give this a go..