kohpapa

THE WORLD ATHLETICS CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP, BATHURST 21 GLOBAL CHALLENGE (1 FEBRUARY - 21 MARCH 2021)

Team sgRunner2020, Friends and Guests of sgRunners

if you still want to Join+...Team sgRunner (Mixed) is still open for 4 Persons by 22 Nov. Uncle has reserved 2 spots - Leg 1 and Leg 5..for personal selfish reasons...

First-come-first-served...applies also to those who shall be completing for Team sgRunner2020...if you think you still can chong and run faster... again...challenge run with longer distance even better...😁

marathon.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Leg 1: Completed...5:37KM

leg-1.jpg

Comments:

The countdown is very fast...3-2-1.

There will not be any AudioStats...meaning your Settings for Audio Voice, Audio Timing (Distance Trigger) is "disabled"

So, you must be the Judge of your own Distance. Meaning, if you feel like this is the distance always will be 5KM/10KM...you can stop..

STOP will pop up Save Activity. So there is no need to slide "Finish" because this is a Virtual Race. Every Segment Start is independent of each other.

BTW: If you are not feeling well, and half way you do not or cannot continue (weather also included), please just walk to the nearest safety zone, and you can always STOP.

No worry, it is just a Virtual Run.  We always can have a backup Re-RUN with Team sgRunner before Nov 22. 👌

Edited by kohpapa

uncle carried hydration bag with powerbank and phone...worked...

saw your 5km effort yesterday...should be good enough...

since AutumnRunner shall be doing his 10KM over weekend...uncle shall do 10KM same 20 hours from now...

after your run, if you decide to do 10KM just for fun next week, remember...Team sgRunner has slot for 10KM...

Edited by kohpapa

do another day...use powerbank...and phone...virtual race consumes power...

do another practice run before virtual race...with bag (both powerbank and phone)...any hydration for thirst...

imagine uncle do marathon virtual race in 1 session...6km and 10km pit stops for charging, hydration and nutrition....

completing 3rd marathon 42K virtual race this weekend...

free.jpg

submission using Strava app only....

strava.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Ok so I fiddled around trying to get the Track Race Now to start. In the end thought maybe I just run and can upload the results. So I closed the dialog box (as you've seen in my previous post) and pressed the normal Start button. Then as was running thought maybe it has associated my run to the relay, so stopped the watch mid-way at 5.13km. Time should have been 30 minutes but fiddling too much.  Anyhow RunKeeper had associated my run with the relay!  Maybe this is an iPhone 6 glitch that it was done this way.  So have competed my run in 32 minutes. Over to you @AutumnRunner

3 hours ago, starfinder said:

Uncle, what do you mean by this? The usual distance, pace screen will not be shown when we do this race?

The process...

image.png

Everything appears like Your <Start>....

3 - 2 - 1 - 0 [Automatic Countdown]

No more Audio Stats with Voice

Timer, Distance, Pace is like Normal.

You have to check or Judge your own Distance [yes, it is still appearing].

Based on your Preferred Route and Judge Distance like your own "Distance Signboard" on your own Milage.

If you are familiar this is 5KM route, you must roughly know that about 5KM, look at your Distance, you must End by [STOP]. No more Stop to [Finish].

1 hour ago, Lady Ice said:

Ok so I fiddled around trying to get the Track Race Now to start. In the end thought maybe I just run and can upload the results. So I closed the dialog box (as you've seen in my previous post) and pressed the normal Start button. Then as was running thought maybe it has associated my run to the relay, so stopped the watch mid-way at 5.13km. Time should have been 30 minutes but fiddling too much.  Anyhow RunKeeper had associated my run with the relay!  Maybe this is an iPhone 6 glitch that it was done this way.  So have competed my run in 32 minutes. Over to you @AutumnRunner

Just-testing.jpg

There was no record of your Activity at the Results. But 3KM was captured at Runkeeper apps.

Comment:

There shouldn't be a [Start]

image.png

You must use [Track Race Now] as Virtual Race start.

Looks like you have to RE-DO your Leg 2.

5 hours ago, beast said:

@kohpapa I will be doing my 7.2km this Friday evening. Don't expect a fast timing though. 

I will use another running app and then import my run to Runkeeper.

Please follow the Rules of the Race, you must use Runkeeper app

Select Races at Menu

image.png

Your Segment 6 - 7.195 Kilometers. [Track Race Now] is your Start.

@beast, please explain to the Team..

"I will use another running app and then import my run to Runkeeper."

Because, this Virtual Race is only found at Runkeeper Apps, under RACES.

As Captain of the Team sgRunner2020:

activities.jpg

We can track each other's activities.

@beast, please decide for the Team sgRunner2020, because it is not possible to start with another running app, except Runfinder app.

@AutumnRunner, please tell the Team sgRunner2020.. do you know what you are doing for this Virtual Race.

Both of you do not seem to have trained or actively participating in any activity [Run/Walk] in Runkeeper Apps only.

@Lady Ice, you are on the right track, just technical issues with your iPhone.

@starfinder, you just need to prepare that the Start that you are familiar with Sound [Audio] Voice feature is disabled because Virtual Race settings takeover..but Distance, Pacing remains the same. Stop is the Same, Save Activity is the same. No more [Finish].

see.jpg

Everyone [Friends] in the Team can see and know what everyone is doing.

As a consequence of reported incidents for the Team sgRunner2020 to move on from here...

Rule #1: Everyone must use Runkeeper apps.

Rule #2: Every member must be seen in the Runkeeper apps, trying out or shown with activities of walk/run before the Virtual Race.

If any Team Member who does not want to continue because you do not want to use or even learn to train with the Runfinder apps, we may have to Dissolve Team sgRunner2020.

Members who are ready or have completed the Virtual Race can register their interest again with the backup Team sgRunner .

Registration for Team sgRunner (Mixed) is ON..Thank You.

As Captain of Team sgRunner 2020 and Team sgRunner, we need to have all must DECIDE - Use Runkeeper App Only

Edited by kohpapa
17 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

Seems my run was logged. @AutumnRunner and @beast we can take the app off after 😀

image.thumb.jpeg.fc01dd5d673d8f7b91270a91dd209dcf.jpeg

Well done...we are 2 Legs up...4 to go.

result.jpg

12 hours later, uncle shall continue with Segment 5: 10K

Edited by kohpapa
7 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Everything appars like Your <Start>....

3 - 2 - 1 - 0 [Automatic Countdown]

No more Audio Stats with Voice

Timer, Distance, Pace is like Normal.

You have to check or Judge your own Distance [yes, it is still appearing].

I am ok as long there is the usual screen to tell me the distance and pace. I don't use the audio function as I find it noisy.😅 I will do the run either today or tomorrow evening if the weather permits.

anytime, anyplace...

uncle will do 10K rain or shine, cause got other Virtual Races...SCSM VR, Strava for STGR Marathon...Fri/Sat/Sun..

BTW, please register Team sgRunner for Challenge which can start anytime any place...

racef15bbd67bcc7abb7.jpg

Invitation PM has been sent...

uniquely about Virtual Race [Ekiden], you don't even have to wait for a Full Team [6], as long as you see 

image.png

after you have registered as Team Member, you can simply [Track Race Now]..

Rest of Members can still register on the future date as long as 2359 Nov 22. 😀

In other words, both @Lady Ice and uncle can Race for Team sgRunner anytime anyplace...👍

Edited by kohpapa