kohpapa

THE WORLD ATHLETICS CROSS COUNTRY CHAMPIONSHIP, BATHURST 21 GLOBAL CHALLENGE (1 FEBRUARY - 21 MARCH 2021)

sorry guys..in the middle of my marathon virtual race (abottWMM Autumn Marathon) which will end at 3pm... started just hour ago...

I shall update all....@Lady Ice shall take Leg 5...if you wish to..

I shall have tutorial on how to set up <distance> only count for runkeeper...

Edited by kohpapa
5 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Sorry Uncle have failed. @starfinder @RaijinFJ please join. I can move to a 10km if you both want to do 5km.

@kohpapa - I tested the RunKeeper and it did not record my distance. Only my time. Did I make a mistake. You will see the run I recorded.

I'd run any distance you guys need for the team, if it weren't for this pesky virus! 🤣

Another thing is they keep pushing us to use their app, which doesn't work with my watches, so I'll just wave the glow sticks and pom poms to cheer you guys on 😆

7 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Sorry Uncle have failed. @starfinder @RaijinFJ please join. I can move to a 10km if you both want to do 5km.

@kohpapa - I tested the RunKeeper and it did not record my distance. Only my time. Did I make a mistake. You will see the run I recorded.

@Lady Ice, what is the regular fitness tracking app you use?

Most fitness tracking app can export your run details and import to another app. In fact, I didn't even download the Runkeeper app. I just created a Runkeeper account online and I intend to import the details to it via my mapmyrun app.

uncle is back....completed marathon virtual race

wmm02af954bfb5daa49.jpg

with Runkeeper app...

since the distance is rather long like 42.2KM....powerbank is needed..if hp powerbar is nearly less than 50%...the run activity will be save and app will be shut down [quite common with other apps except strava app which can recollect "shut down" data and with the option to continue previous "shut down" data 👍]

so for longer distance like 10KM and more...better have a fully charged HP battery or like uncle, a powerbank...

warning: Runkeeper tends to pop up "delete activity" when "inactive" mode...simply <cancel>

latest...we are [Full] Team sgRunner2020

Ekiden-2020-Final.jpg

Important: your registration, race registration and Virtual Run is "Connect to my app [runkeeper]" 

so you must download runkeeper and have some training, such as how to start, stop and save activity virtual race [ekiden virtual race] when it is ready...

Make sure GPS/Wifi option is enabled. GPS is mobile data, make sure it is "ON" at all times during Virtual Race.

Notable on @Lady Ice...

Top Left there is a three-bar [horizonal]...Notifications

Settings > Audio Stats...
>> Audio Timing >>> Distance Trigger >>>> Option from 0.5KM - 10KM...uncle chose 1KM split time

>> Audio Stats >>> Select Audio Stats >>>> Option Time.......Current Heart Rate Zone...uncle chose Distance

Settings > Primary Display...
>> Pace or Speed....uncle chose Pace

So that when you Start your Virtual Race...

Time: Timer

Kilometers: Distance

*Current Pace:             Avg Pace:

Please note *Current Pace: - : - (no reading).. if your GPS is "disabled" as Service Locator by Google service or because your mobile data is not enabled...or GPS in your area is too weak eg. you are in a sheltered location...

Hope this tutorial on Runskeeper setup is understood by all...Team sgRunner2020...

we shall decide on the date like this Weekend [after Nov 11]...which day is best for all...😀

Edited by kohpapa
12 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

I'd run any distance you guys need for the team, if it weren't for this pesky virus! 🤣

Another thing is they keep pushing us to use their app, which doesn't work with my watches, so I'll just wave the glow sticks and pom poms to cheer you guys on 😆

Thank you for cheerleading :) Maybe can try the AR for SCSM.... though needs a treadmill and a run thingy - see SCSM thread. @kohpapahas documented the requirements well

10 hours ago, beast said:

Also, one question: How does this relay work? I am in the last leg, do I need to wait for everyone to finish theirs before I run mine?

according ekiden - originated from Japan...Runners pass along their tasuki (or sash) as fast as possible, and while each leg is run separately, teams compete as one...uncle would expect that every Leg runner will be "alerted" about the Virtual Race taking over/handover of digital tasuki (or sash)... in place of "Start"...

@beast actually you just "takeover" the tasuki from uncle since you will be on the Last Leg..and "finish"...meaning you will be the critical person to "End" and "Finish"...make sure you must know how to end the Run activity...you must learn how to "slide" to enable "finish"... very tricky process... otherwise...precious time is wasted while you say to yourself..."WTHell, how to Finish ah?" 🙄

that is why, uncle would appreciate that everyone in Team sgRunner2020...you are participating a Virtual Race with the Elites of the World with Runkeeper (ASICS)..and you just simply follow the Rules like just like taking part in Real Race...

Because this Race has Leaderboard, so timing is crucial, and so everyone must be ready during a certain Period, say we pick Nov13/14/15 and standby...then everyone should be always be available during this time...and compete...

uncle shall find out more how other Teams do when some teams may opt to start from Nov11...

stay updated, Team sgRunner2020...

Edited by kohpapa

confirmed...Team sgRunner2020...ASICS World Ekiden 2020 Virtual run (Race)...

confirm.jpg

confirm489d24faeca43763.jpg

we shall have to decide.. when it is the best time for all, including @Lady Ice, please quote Singapore Local Time... we shall give our celebrity Lady's first priority, shall we?

as uncle has said in previous post...we are here to compete with the Best of Elites, so, everyone in Team sgRunner2020 must Run So Fast for PB for 2020 because all races are cancelled...but, we bond together to show to the World...Team sgRunner2020 is the best...👍

team00b200b694e6973e.jpg

From now on, runkeeper app keeps all Team Members [Friends] informed...

runkeeper.com-FitnessFeed-page-001.jpg

all your running activities are captured, and so, we keep this data info proxy...but, if anytime you want to leave after the Ekiden Race and decide to leave the Team, just (remove from your friends)...

uncle shall do that after the Ekiden Race...

Edited by kohpapa

Okee just tested again and distance has been mapped.

I am 8 hours behind so it all depends on whether you want to run in the early morning, afternoon, or evening. Uncle suggest I take the first leg to kick it off. ETC (Estimated Time of Completion) for me would be about 30 mins. If I can get to my March time, it would be 26 minutes.  Let me know what time the second runner would like to run for example I can run at 17:30 SG time for the next runner to take over at 18:00 or I can run at 04:30 for the next runner to take over at 05:00.  Whaddya think?

@Lady Ice, you are Leg 2...according to previous post...

so if 8 hour difference...this weekend is Deepavali holidays...Saturday is the actual day...

Saturday ( Nov 14) Local Time start say 2pm, uncle starts Leg 1..estimate 35mins...you will be Leg 2...

3pm+.. Runner Autumn...430pm+.....Starfinder...say after...uncle continues 10km.. 6:30pm...beast ends ....

we shall remain in contact via Runkeeper apps if any of us is not available...such as Runner Autumn...if not alerted or forgotten about it... then we will have to wait up for Leg 3...and change schedule to Sunday (Nov 15)..only Leg 3-6 will be affected...that's all...

in other words, Leg 1 and Leg 2 is confirmed to start...Saturday (Nov 14)...followed by Leg 3-6..

ok with you? @Lady Ice? You are Leg 2...Saturday ( Nov 14) Local Time start say 2pm, yours will be 635++ am (UK) to takeover from uncle...👌?

Edited by kohpapa

@kohpapaWould it be possible to start my leg at 6:30pm instead? My normal wake up time is 10:30am GMT (18:30 Sg time) 😳 so Autumn Runner starts at 19:00+?

Also can I check - do we stop the clock when we hit our distance? (This is so am mindful of time)

Or will it self calibrate if we run more than our distance?

Edited by Lady Ice

@Lady IceAlso can I check - do we stop the clock when we hit our distance? (This is so am mindful of time)

At Runkeeper App...

Top Left 3-horizontal bar [menu] - RACES

Your Events - ASICS World Ekiden 2020 is ACTIVE

Select Segment - sgRunner2020

you can start your Segment #....

Yes, your Ekiden Race is independent, so there no need to follow a "fixed" schedule...

Track Now to is start race

a menu shall pop up...eg if Your Segment: 5:00 Kilometres 

TRACK RACE NOW is actually Start button

uncle shall start today.. 430pm-5pm [SG] ...Leg 1...

because..every TRACK RACE NOW is independent...anyone if feels you are super ready to start, go ahead..

uncle has an option to complete Leg 1 and Leg 5...also...but, can always wait to see first...if the rest of you are having problems with your Runkeeper app...

good luck and best wishes...Run So Fast for Team sgRunner2020...begins anytime from today...👍

Edited by kohpapa

make sure it is Team sgRunner2020....and not Team sgRunner [incomplete] but Team sgRunner is still available if you want to Join+...till 22 Nov...which uncle may selfishly reserve for 6-Leg Marathon Challenge...😁

marathon.jpg

yes, uncle shall have a head start for Team sgRunner2020 ...within 10 hours...having to Work first (priority and essential) then Run So Fast (exercise and non-essential)...

anyway, Runkeeper will alert everyone, once one of "Friends" has completed respective segment TRACK RACE NOW. 

Remember 🙂 how to "Finish"..

Thank you all.

PS: @Lady Ice, if you want to continue with Team sgRunner... just search at Race Roster and +Join....or simply ask your friends...if you need to the link and code...please PM uncle...also open to ALL...if you are still keen...don't sabo uncle having to run Team sgRunner 6-Leg Marathon Challenge...by Nov 22...😀

marathon45678d72495bc26f.jpg

otherwise, this shall also be known as SgRunner...lol!

cause uncle's weekly Marathon Virtual Race or Challenges...has already propel uncle in SCSM Virtual Club Ranking...

rank69ce96e708ed2085.jpg

aiming for Top 50...soon...😁

Edited by kohpapa
1 minute ago, starfinder said:

@kohpapa uncle, just to clarify - I am in leg 4 and so I can just start as and when I want, without waiting for leg 3 to complete?

roger...you can start anytime from now...

once you complete...all of Team "Friends" will be alerted of your run activity..

feel free to start your Leg 4...anytime, anyplace...

as a backup, we still have Team sgRunner for registration...

Edited by kohpapa

sorry bro for the late reply...zoom meeting

Activity Pause button....Activity Continue when Play...as long as you don't Stop...

Tips... it is assumed that You are in sheltered zone for any privacy matters that you want to do...so your GPS will be temporary cut-off

So, important is Check the followings:

1. Mobile Data is still "enabled"

2. Due to Inactive of your Runkeeper, pop up screen "Do you want to Continue or Cancel"...Remember the warning is actually to Stop Activity...Just CANCEL..

3. When you are in GPS (outdoor), please wait for GPS signal...

Please note *Current Pace: - : - (no reading).. if your GPS is "disabled" as Service Locator by Google service or because your mobile data is not enabled...or GPS in your area is too weak eg. you are in a sheltered location...

4. Of course, HP must be "charged" at maximum as possible...power drop to below 40% will surely be an "inactive" mode and apps to automatic Continue to STOP activity.

If you follow the Checklist Items (1-4), you can be assured that Runkeeper will at least remain active and continue...

All this steps are experienced from uncle's recent Marathon Run with 1 Session...imagine uncle got a stoppage at 18.2KM just days back, and uncle got to do a back-to-back run session...REDO a new Session of 42KM Marathon Distance Run Activity... 

Finally, uncle doesn't even want PAUSE... because 1 session means "uninterrupted"...

Considering Fairness in real race... you do not "Pause"...you let the Timer counts...

So uncle recommends practice Ethics and Code for Competitions...Just let the Timer continues, and don't PAUSE or STOP...ok?

If you are not sure, uncle shall be starting in 6 hours....

Edited by kohpapa
3 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Finally, uncle doesn't even want PAUSE... because 1 session means "uninterrupted"...

Considering Fairness in real race... you do not "Pause"...you let the Timer counts...

So uncle recommends practice Ethics and Code for Competitions...Just let the Timer continues, and don't PAUSE or STOP...ok?

If you are not sure, uncle shall be starting in 6 hours....

Hear you Uncle!