kohpapa

ASICS World Ekiden 2020 Virtual Race [Team of 6] (Nov 11-22)

Wait, I am confused (as always), what are we voting for again?

I am not so bothered by whether we are in the top 100 teams (I still don't know how we are placed in top 100), or what are our run timings. I am only doing this because it is a cool and inclusive thing to do with the people in this forum which otherwise is on the quiet side. I do try to run a bit faster for the runs than usual though.

Anyway I am still aiming to complete my leg of the sgrunnersunited this week. And I guess that should be the end of this Ekiden experience.

1 hour ago, beast said:

Wait, I am confused (as always), what are we voting for again?

I am not so bothered by whether we are in the top 100 teams (I still don't know how we are placed in top 100), or what are our run timings. I am only doing this because it is a cool and inclusive thing to do with the people in this forum which otherwise is on the quiet side. I do try to run a bit faster for the runs than usual though.

Anyway I am still aiming to complete my leg of the sgrunnersunited this week. And I guess that should be the end of this Ekiden experience.

Thanks, @beast, that is a Vote of Yes.

Two more members to decide...

Edited by kohpapa

Sorry, I am not sure what the voting is also cause today full day meetimg and I am ready to run now actually... i will continue to run as per my usual plan, but might not be as fast as I want cause a bit tiring... 

And i will still complete both my legs this week... 

4 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

Sorry, I am not sure what the voting is also cause today full day meetimg and I am ready to run now actually... i will continue to run as per my usual plan, but might not be as fast as I want cause a bit tiring... 

And i will still complete both my legs this week... 

Thanks @AutumnRunner, another Yes we will move on.

@Lady Ice, so how about you, ready to go even with the Cats chasing you?

Edited by kohpapa
13 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

So i can continue the run for my leg hor... haaa

Yes...we need everyone again..to do our best...that's all...

Status.jpg

the best for 2020...

simply the Ekiden Marathon Challenge has yet to end until Nov 22...chong! ah! Team sgRunnersUnited!

Uncle voted Yes, we go for the best...

Edited by kohpapa
1 hour ago, Lady Ice said:

Yah Lor already ready come on sgrunners United. No matter tight legs, no matter no sleep, and the weather is only bad when we are not dressed for it. Ready captain @kohpapa

how about you @starfinder...are you ok to go for the best effort with endured distance and speed...because Team sgRunner2020 has already drop out of Top 3 (Singapore) and very soon we are even no longer in Top 200 (World's Best) because we no longer can even run for it? 

actually uncle agrees with you earlier, since Others are always better than us anyway...

uncle thinks...why not we don't waste time with each other...simply...Remove from ourselves...runkeeper..

if-not.jpg

save us the agony of having to do it one more time?

But, after hearing out and respecting the views of all other members...we still treasure you as member of a new fantastic team SgRunnersUnited who will do the very best...will you?

Edited by kohpapa
48 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

how about you @starfinder...are you ok to go for the best effort with endured distance and speed...because Team sgRunner2020 has already drop out of Top 3 (Singapore) and very soon we are even no longer in Top 200 (World's Best) because we no longer can even run for it? 

Aiyah Uncle, while you were voting I already went out completed my 10 km run 😁 my fastest other than the one ran during NS eons ago.

49 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Aiyah Uncle, while you were voting I already went out completed my 10 km run 😁 my fastest other than the one ran during NS eons ago.

saw it at Runkeeper... saw @Lady Ice and @AutumnRunner...also..

know1719c80b14c34e3c.jpg

impressive...all achieved personal best...

all of you must be kena chased by big cats 🐾 right?

uncle already said, resting tuesday and wednesday...

because uncle is also preparing to run fast and run long...

uncle563f1c0b3fa05136.jpg

because every 10 km run is up 10 positions among the endured elites of the SCSM Virtual Club...

Edited by kohpapa
9 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

uncle already said, resting tuesday and wednesday...

impressive...all achieved personal best...

all of you must be kena chased by big cats 🐾 right?

Today weather very cooling after rain. Good to run though ground is wet.

Bedok reservoir no cats leh. Only humans, dogs and squirrels 😜

9 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Today weather very cooling after rain. Good to run though ground is wet.

Bedok reservoir no cats leh. Only humans, dogs and squirrels 😜

can see your route...good for you..this must the one for Team sgRunnersUnited...best run right?

bedok.md.jpg

congratulates on your coming 100KM in 2020...

100KM.jpg

Edited by kohpapa
8 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

can see your route...good for you..this must the one for Team sgRunnersUnited...best run right?

bedok.md.jpg

congratulates on your coming 100KM in 2020...

100KM.jpg

Yes, Uncle, just ran this route.

I don't usually archive my runs. Once I screenshot and upload to fulfill my virtual race events, I normally will delete them after some time. To 'declutter' lah.

I will just keep those runs which were done in different venues (out of Bedok) 😁 to relish the good memories...

OMG.. @beastnight run...power..

seow.jpg

Team sgRunnersUnited... if you think we can start in the next 50 hours...

we are ready to go...in the order...

sotong 1, dynamic 3, OTOT 5, uncle 6, superfast duo 2 and 4....

we remain anonymous, because the World's Best Elites are watching us... 

uncle again shall remain rested...7.125KM and test run [was done 3 days ago]... which because of that incident...the Leg 5 of sgRunner was being "triggered" to STOP...when uncle used Runkeeper to race...

stop.jpg

sorry to all... having to have you to miss completing Team sgRunner with final result...

Edited by kohpapa
48 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

Next 50 hours means my shoes will have a chance to dry :) 

sotong 1, sotong doesn't need shoes...it "swim and glides" in wet water can be very fast...

talking about shoes...

shoe.jpg

uncle's "cheat" shoes...Nike vaporfly next% is also down and not available until sunday...

went to neighbourhood cobbler, "uncle's carbon-plated sole drop off, can clue or not?"

reply, "what carbon-plated, seow...carbon-rubber lah...glue, not urgent cheap cheap collect only on Sunday"

ok loh, cheapskate price of only $4...must wait 4 days...worth it lah!

so uncle now looking for new replacement shoes...

alpha.jpg

for the sake of Team sgRunnersUnited...uncle got to have shoes ready...now 40 hours +++

"hello seller, $100 collect anytime today?"

Edited by kohpapa
7 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

Haha - only on Sunday was sotong.....now the cat has come....

Wah Uncle your shoes so atas. Can buy 135 plates of chicken rice. 😋

everything for Team sgRunnerUnited, it is worth it...

replied from seller, "Go to Hell, Low Baller! 🖕cheapskate uncle!"

14 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Yes...we need everyone again..to do our best...that's all...

the best for 2020...

simply the Ekiden Marathon Challenge has yet to end until Nov 22...chong! ah! Team sgRunnersUnited!

Uncle voted Yes, we go for the best...

Happy for you guys! 😊

Somehow, I'm imagining Team sgRunnersUnited as this:

5Ranger.jpg.811278833cf73424c4d8852b198b7837.jpg

From left to right: @AutumnRunner @beast @kohpapa (Team Captain) @starfinder and @Lady Ice 
Ah, this is just in a spirit of fun, don't take it seriously! 🙃

Actually, I think my choice of sentai team (5 ranger) is showing my age hahaha... 😅 

35 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

Actually, I think my choice of sentai team (5 ranger) is showing my age hahaha... 😅 

For all you know, we may all be around the same age. LOL.

10 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

哇 Wah! So expensive!!!  🙀
You can buy a new GPS watch already with those prices!

Over here, I usually buy running shoes when they're on sale already... (I'm also a cheapskate uncle 🤣 )

I am cheapskate also. I don't buy the latest model and usually only during promo. @kohpapa is running almost every day and guess it is worthwhile then to invest in better shoes.

actually, uncle is returning to Trail Running...after all the Virtual Road Races and Challenges are over...

let's see got anything latest and not so atas and yet cheapskate from Nike...

trail.jpg

wah, another Fly shoes...

Nike ACG has unveiled its latest seasonal collection, offering an array of Winter-ready apparel as well as new footwear to match. This season’s new addition to the lineup is the Mountain Fly Gore-Tex, a high-top runner with extreme environmental protection

Hello Nike.USA...$100 inclusive of immediate FedExpress Delivery to Uncle's home

Friday, 27 November Black Friday...if no $99... not worth to buy...

btw, Aunty wants House Fly from Nike for homemaker...don't know got or not? 

Edited by kohpapa

yes, noted...midnight run practice run...plus a completed race run about an hour ago...

Team sgRunnersUnited actually has started race...

but due to we, Team members, are supposed to be remain anonymous about the matters...

Thank you @beast and @AutumnRunner 

Team result shall be published upon completion...

If you are ready..anytime, anyplace.. Run SoH Faster than Team sgRunner2020...that is all...

Order of Run: Original Start is still 36 hours away...so please don't need to rush and get too excited...just do you best.

Sotong 1, OTOT 5, Uncle 6 and FastRun 4

Edited by kohpapa