kohpapa

ASICS World Ekiden 2020 Virtual Race [Team of 6] (Nov 11-22)

21 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Uncle, how to have complete when you finished at 10 km? Don't really understand but at least we have 1 team already completed.

Saw SStar Fitness have several teams and their timings are quite good.

really have no idea...Team sgRunner has refused to accept uncle's 10KM..because an incomplete 7KM the first time 2 days ago...that's why.

since technically, uncle is "DQ" at 10KM Leg 5, so, we should conserve our energy and full burst on Team sgRunnersUnited.

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

Oh... will overwrite? Is it cause one person cannot run 2 legs?

In uncle's case, it is not 2 Legs...it is offered 2 chances to do the same Leg..

status170cf1b996bc6a09.jpg

Nothing of uncle's run has been updated??!

So, to raise the alarm early, better just move on to Team sgRunnersUnited. There is perfectly legitimate to do 2 Legs. Team sgRunner2020, uncle did 2 Legs and had never encountered any issue.

Again, Team sgRunner is always used as a Backup Team because :

1. When @beast has technical issues with Race Roster, already @Lady Ice and @starfinder had been alerted, if really @beast really cannot continue in Team sgRunner2020, we must have a backup plan - Move on with Team sgRunner. Thank goodness, everything turned out perfect.

2. Now Uncle faced a technical issue - a possible DNQ which uncle has shared. Now on uncle's Race Roster, no more Team sgRunner Challenge is offered, only Team sgRunnersUnited. Meaning no one else in the Team can continue with outstanding 10KM.

3. The major issue is why, there was no showing of updated race result on uncle's Leg 5 (10KM)...Let's us not to ponder on Why and How Come likedat. Just Move on with Team sgRunnersUnited simply because uncle's Race Roster has this Task to Ready.

Concern: We do not want to encourage inter Team member competition, so just do your best, and don't compare with other Teams. Anytime Anyplace...Some of these Teams maybe in Designated Routes which favour them..support of Hydration Stations or even with their Coaches.

Edited by kohpapa
2 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I see... so anyone from Team SgRunner who wanna be part of Team Sgrunnerunited? There is still a 5km leg up for grab.. 

Yes, the best and fastest like you should be...will you? Definitely great if you can take the 5km leg up for grab.

Edited by kohpapa
27 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I am not the best and fastest... there are lots more who are much faster but just shy... i am ok to take up the other leg but no promise hor on anything..  

ok loh...

Concern: We do not want to encourage inter Team member competition, so just do your best, and don't compare with other Teams.

that is why, we shall keep all members' Legs of Run Segment "secret"...so not to give peer "pressure" but just Race with the Technical Rules of the Competition. 

Just like in Team sgRunner2020's spirit, have fun and seriously do your best when you activate your Run One Time and End One Time.

Take the Rest and Recovery Break - Mark out your Route, Walk through. For 10KM, some may want to take a hydration break, so plan ahead. Uncle does not take any break because uncle is "trained" for beyond 10KM.

10KM is also used for SCSM Grand Finale..and 21KM is merely 2 loops of 10KM or 4 loops of 5KM + 1 KM....so you can also Mark out in preparation for SCSM Grand Finale [Double up! Challenge which is 10KM + 21KM].

We are having warmups using Ekiden Marathon Challenge, so please don't take this one so seriously, because there is no medal, no finisher tee, no digital medal, no e-certificate, and everyone on the Leaderboard is virtual

Thursday, [UK Time Evening] @Lady Ice is ok to Start...that will be Friday here [SG - 8 hours]..we shall progress with everyone rested and completely ready, because we already have Team sgRunner2020 in Top 100. 

We just want a 2nd Team with Challenge in Distance to Endure and Challenge for Shorter Distance to Speed and that is uniquely Team sgRunnersUnited.

Edited by kohpapa
48 minutes ago, AutumnRunner said:

I am not the best and fastest... there are lots more who are much faster but just shy... i am ok to take up the other leg but no promise hor on anything..  

@AutumnRunner Yes there are probably faster runners in this forum, but they are not that active currently in the forum probably due to lack of real races for discussion. But your pace is fastest amongst us, so personally I have no issue in you taking up the last slot 😁

47 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

We are having warmups using Ekiden Marathon Challenge, so please don't take this one so seriously, because there is no medal, no finisher tee, no digital medal, no e-certificate, and everyone on the Leaderboard is virtual

@kohpapa Uncle, they should at least give out e-cert for teams who completed lah. 

On 11/14/2020 at 7:54 AM, kohpapa said:

ASICS IMOVEME Challange 2020..just need an app 42Race download...to register for the Virtual Challenge or Virtual Race...

details...shared...

42Race-Virtual-Races-page-001.jpg

42Race-Virtual-Races-page-002.jpg

42Race-Virtual-Races-page-003.jpg

Simply register...either from online, or better still from mobile phone...

https://web.42race.com/events

Just like this Run...you needed Runkeeper...abuthen...this one has Rules...familiar

Rule #1: Must Use Strava app...
Rule #2: Submit only with Strava app synced with 42Race platform...
Rule #3: Submit manually with Screenshots of Apps gps data, pics, and comments...

evidencee7bc9d0ebd716013.jpg

medal7b8ae414bb193d22.jpg

Uncle, they should at least give out e-cert for teams who completed lah. 

Just something that if you want to reward yourself for a medal...just buy it lah!

This offer to register FREE is till end of November...with the option of add-on, you decide later till end-of-December 2020.

Today, uncle just needed 10KM run which is good enough to make it 300KM at Runkeeper. 

To celebrate for this unusual feat, thanks to ALL who had been in the ASICS World Ekiden 2020 Virtual Race, practicing, running the virtual race, of course, moments of obstacles - such as Technical Issues, and DNQ status...only in Covid-19, we can have such a delightful digital running format [Ekiden] marathon challenge which we would not have imagined - DIY Team Creation/Joining, Results are Immediate and the Run (Virtual) is real, Competition is intense with Leaderboard, we also can view Others. We practically ignore the fact that there is no medal, no finisher tee, no digital medal, no e-certificate, and everyone on the Leaderboard is virtual

Sibeh Shock! lobang - just follow details on how to reward yourself in Q4 of 2020...

Add-on $9.99. Celebrate with add-on to 250KM medal which stands as proof of Q4, 2020 that uncle has been challenged so far.

ASICS.jpg

celebration.md.jpg

@starfinder, since you shall have 100KM at runkeeper very soon, just submit screenshots manually, and they would want you to share a journal story to max 4 #hashtags for every submission...

otherwise, use strava app to sync with your run activities from this week onwards. 

if you are interested in SCSM Grand Finale or like uncle, activate both Runkeeper and Strava apps...easily another 100KM [actual race, practices, walks also can, but please don't bike lah or cheat]...of course, uncle use PowerBank for the purpose, in hydration bag.

Latest: Confimation that Team sgRunnersUnited is Full Team and Ready.

teamdcb6dd9aef916aa4.jpg

Thank you Team Friends. We shall take a well deserved Time-Out Break from now.

This Thursday/Friday, Team sgRunnersUnited vs World of Elites [Ekiden] is ON.

Edited by kohpapa
54 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

I can start on Wednesday - I can run at 11am GMT = 7pm SG

Would that be better for everyone? @starfinder sounds like he is on fire and @AutumnRunner can't be stopped!

@Lady Ice, uncle has PM with all Team Members, and so there are some private conversations which uncle is proxy.

As Captain, we stick to what is the best interest for the Team, because Run is never Essentials and is just to be Fun and Run (Exercise) without Mask.

Whether if @starfinder sounds like he is on fire and @AutumnRunner can't be stopped!, we stick to the Time schedule. Stick to what you have said, Thursday [UK Time Evening] is fine. Then we start off from there.

SCSM Grand Finale is to start 9 Days ++, so that one has the Challenge with Medals + eCert + Race Pack Goodies + Leadership Board to see Real Competition and all this had to be Paid. So some of the Team Members are reserving their Real Energy to earn their Tangibles [Entitlements].

Uncle already is pretty sure of Who will be participating in SCSM [Grand Finale] and so, as Uncle has proxy to All Team Members concerns, we are ok. Don't be swayed by Emotions. Keep the Team Tempo checked...More Practices where is the Check Points because everyone now has a total different Challenge - Shorter Distance now run Longer Distance...Longer Distance now run Shorter Distance. Endurance and Speed in the Team sgRunnersUnited is essential and crucial to be the Best Performance if given proper Rest, Recovery and Patience [you need to practice/test run and very sure on when you Start, and Stop - No more Technical, No more Excuses as to why you are not Ready!]

Please stick on to what was the Original Start, if there is more time Time for the Time-Out Break, then make time to  prioritize what are Essentials in your life - Career - Work - Families - Colleagues - Partners - Associates - Friends...because the rest are just Virtuals.

Edited by kohpapa
20 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

Apologies - my mis-communication - I can only run in the morning UK time = evening Sg time. I am working 2pm-11pm. So on Thursday I can run in the morning 11am UK time = 7pm Sg time

Noted. Because the last time, you ran in the UK Evening time.

Leg 3 Segment, please take note...from 7pm Sg time should be Thursday right?...so if from Sg Friday morning onwards can proceed to takeover from @Lady Ice...because Leg 2 & 4 Segment have requested to do on later part of the Weekend.

Leg 5 Segment, please be ready to takeover OTOT once Leg 3 Segment finishes...

Uncle shall do Leg 6 Segment after Leg 5 Segment finishes..

OK, we are very clear on the Order of Run so better make sure. Rain or Shine, your preferred course for your Distance properly marked out, including hydration breaks stns if you should desire.

Kill 2 Birds with One Weekend Effort...Set up like SCSM Virtual Race [5KM], SCSM Virtual Race [10KM] and SCSM Virtual Race [21KM] and be ready for SCSM [Grand Finale].

Good luck with your Preparation Tasks till Friday.

Edited by kohpapa

Yes - I only have mornings free at the moment. So if I start my run on Thursday morning at 11am in UK = 7pm Thursday evening in Singapore. I will try to get up earlier and then just run like the Bukit Timah tigers are after me

3 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

Yes - I only have mornings free at the moment. So if I start my run on Thursday morning at 11am in UK = 7pm Thursday evening in Singapore. I will try to get up earlier and then just run like the Bukit Timah tigers are after me

affirmative, sotong @Lady Ice, may the Bukit Timah tigers chase after you on UK [Morning 11am] Thursday, and you do your PB for 2020. 👌

Great to have you in Team sgRunnersUnited, we are always honoured with your presence, motivation and great Friend.

Edited by kohpapa

Make sure, you bring along some food to feed the Cats, while you run away from them in your run...Good Luck and Enjoy! Just Run FAST , FASTER and FASTEST...

Latest on Weather for Nov:

weatheree38f980816bea3e.jpg

Edited by kohpapa
22 hours ago, kohpapa said:

updates on the ranking...from Singapore registered Teams..

bestc96e7f0dfb811a5d.jpg

How is the ranking being placed? I see other teams with a total time faster than us but they are at a lower rank below us?

Kinda disappointed that we got disqualified for the sgRunners team as we already completed 5 of the 6 legs. Didn't know the entire team can get disqualified for 1 person not completing for the leg. So I guess we shouldn't select "Track the run" immediately (indicating that you want the current run to be tracked as running the virtual run) but instead just run the distance as per a normal activity, then later link the activity to use it to complete the virtual run.

1 hour ago, beast said:

How is the ranking being placed? I see other teams with a total time faster than us but they are at a lower rank below us?

Kinda disappointed that we got disqualified for the sgRunners team as we already completed 5 of the 6 legs. Didn't know the entire team can get disqualified for 1 person not completing for the leg. So I guess we shouldn't select "Track the run" immediately (indicating that you want the current run to be tracked as running the virtual run) but instead just run the distance as per a normal activity, then later link the activity to use it to complete the virtual run.

@beast, technically, the Race Roster has not able to allow uncle's Leg 5 [10KM] with the updated result to be taken, and uncle already explained that, once Stop due to Not Enough Distance, and the Option "Track the run" was offered to Retake. but the Results was not updated. No more Track the run for this Leg 5 [10KM] appeared again in Team sgRunner Race...Strangely, are they Technical Issues or Clitches? No idea, but appropriate reason should be "DNQ".

Let's Move on, Team...don't let Others [by comparing with what Others had and hadn't] upset us because we still have a Team sgRunnersUnited which has not raced yet.

Besides, virtually, what you see on Leaderboard, are they playing the same Rules, how do we know.

We learned from the experiences, because this Virtual Ekiden Format is very new to us, and it should have been included in the SCSM [Grand Finale] as Team Virtual Event like in the Past SCSM Editions.

Yes, we may not be in Top 100 soon because all other Teams are in progress to Complete. Even if we as a Team is hanging to 100th position now, what if on Nov 22, at the last 1 minute, a Team beats us by merely 1 second.

1008252d3e6337a0c85.jpg

So, Team sgRunnersUnited comes in, we learned from Past Experiences that we need to Run faster a little more.  We learnt from Technical Clitches as well as accept sometimes the Digital Platform has some "bugs" which is not fault of ours. The rules are not very clear with GPS data login.

Can we have a Time-Out Break? We can still work on Preparation Tasks [feedback - what if we miss by 10m is DNQ, so what we add 200m..yes we lost precious seconds] So measure your Preferred Course. Practice on your route, if you have a hydration break, how long must you have taken.

Again, those who going for 10KM, are you sure your HP battery is charged to last 10KM...these are Preventive steps that you must foresee.

Team sgRunnersUnited is uniquely as uncle has said...Those who challenge to longer distance must endure, and those who challenge to shorter distance must be be faster. Uncle has done both already, except Last Leg. Everyone has a different challenging task and role to make sure we get to Top 100 again, confidently and convincingly.

The Race has not ended. So why not we do 1 more time, United as One SgRunners, to overcome Obstacles - Weather factor, unknown, like HP suddenly run flat and shut down..that will be considered as DNQ.

So what if we are not in Top 100 of World Elites, and we are in Top 3 in Singapore. We still can try one more time, right? We haven't given up yet because we still have Team sgRunnersUnited who has not raced yet.

Are you ready to start again on Thursday (UK)/ Friday (SG) time?

Edited by kohpapa
1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

So what if we are not in Top 100 of World Elites, and we are in Top 3 in Singapore. We still can try one more time, right? We haven't given up yet because we still have Team sgRunnersUnited who has not raced yet.

Are you ready to start again on Thursday (UK)/ Friday (SG) time?

Uncle, I think as long as it is the same runners in the team, the completion time will be more or less the same. Example for myself, I run 31 min for a 5 km, it is hard to suddenly improve to 28 min within 2 weeks. Unless I have been doing strength or intervals training 😅

26 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Uncle, I think as long as it is the same runners in the team, the completion time will be more or less the same. Example for myself, I run 31 min for a 5 km, it is hard to suddenly improve to 28 min within 2 weeks. Unless I have been doing strength or intervals training 😅

so @starfinder, your vote is No, not need to continue lah! Noted.

57 minutes ago, starfinder said:

I see there are 6000 teams. As long we complete as a team and perhaps remain top 200, is already good enough. Must say I am not as ambitious as uncle.😁

Again, your vote is a convincing No, no need to continue, Noted.

You are right, we are actually out of Top 100...

out006984341e1a5c53.jpg

being the reason...

How about the rest of Team Members?

If there is a majority vote No, then we will simply

if-not.jpg

remove from each other as Friend... from Runkeeper, that's all...😄

Edited by kohpapa

don't worry lah! let's hear from the Team members' majority view...uncle is neutral and will stay out of the voting in decision.. it is only 4 of you...

only concern is the wet weather, surely that will slow down everyone...

1 No (pending on decision of all will continue)...😄

Edited by kohpapa