Jump to content
sicklycat

Chipsley's Virtual Run: Christmas Edition 2020

Recommended Posts

20200923_234155.thumb.jpg.a89632059705657712bed1c4e3a3a0dc.jpg

Website: https://virtualruns.pinkapple.com.sg/chipsley-virtual-run/

Run distance: 2km or 5km

Dates for clocking distance: Anytime from 23rd Nov 2020 to 6th Jan 2021

Registration Period: Now till 31st Dec

Registration Fee: $25 (same price for both distances)

Runner's Entitlements

- E-cert

- E-badge

- Limited edition 18k plating Chipsley pendant with Swarovski crystals (worth $88), limited to 1,000 sets :shok:

 

Given the entitlement, I thought registration fees will be high, but I'm wrong!

But distance is too short, so I won't be joining!

Edited by sicklycat
Link to post
Share on other sites

I am guessing the registration price should be around $40-$50 so that they make it seem like you are getting more value than you paid for.

It is an unique entitlement for sure, but unless you are a collector or you have a girl that you can gift the pendant to, otherwise not exactly useful...

Link to post
Share on other sites

uncle goes Carousell...checkout...as an e-Shopper for the best offer...

18K Gold Plated pendant holder...Cost $12

pendant.jpg

pendant with Swarovski crystals

crystals.jpg

ok.. is it really worth $88...

Virtual Race e-Shopping is to get the most value-added because of the Promotion...$88 now you get it for $25..this one has e-badge, e-Cert with no medal and finishing tee...what you need to is do 2KM or 5KM...

What will be your choice?

 

 

 

Edited by kohpapa
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, beast said:

Seems pretty reasonable, but only if you like the pendant.... so are you joining?

Unfortunately @beast, the distances of 2km and 5km are not challenging enough, so I'll skip it :turned:

Edited by sicklycat
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2020 at 7:53 AM, kohpapa said:

ok.. is it really worth $88...

Virtual Race e-Shopping is to get the most value-added because of the Promotion...$88 now you get it for $25..this one has e-badge, e-Cert with no medal and finishing tee...what you need to is do 2KM or 5KM...

What will be your choice?

It is a "Limited edition 18k plating Chipsley pendant with Swarovski crystals"... 18k plating plus copyright fees of Chipsley the character...I am sure the market value is lesser than $88 but the $25 registration should be more than worth its price... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Unfortunately @beast, the distances of 2km and 5km are not challenging enough, so I'll skip it :turned:

Well, you can clock 5km but go for an additional Xkm you like to make it feel worthy...there isn't any km indication on the pendant... So I guess it probably depends on how much you want/like the pendant too...

Edited by beast
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, beast said:

Well, you can clock 5km but go for an additional Xkm you like to make it feel worthy...there isn't any km indication on the pendant... So I guess it probably depends on how much you want/like the pendant too...

My key objective to join events, is to motivate me to run longer distances :turned:

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is an off-topic discussion and interest...

for those who want to be motivated to run longer distances and virtual race...uncle is currently involved in this one...

on Nov 1 (Sunday) - 24-hour based on Singapore Time Zone, will complete this one...Marathon-distance..

race742c9fa8db9e591d.jpg

2 options...FOC and get an e-Badge...

or pay US$60 and

get delivered from January 2021...a Medal

NYRR-Virtual-Marathon-2020-medal.jpg

registration only days to go...before Nov 1...and you must be ultra-distance ready...

if interested, uncle will start a Forum Thread...

otherwise, treat this post as another of uncle's fun off-topic "read for information-only"...

Note: this is the final 2020 WMM Virtual Race...

 

 

Edited by kohpapa
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

this is an off-topic discussion and interest...

for those who want to be motivated to run longer distances and virtual race...uncle is currently involved in this one...

on Nov 1 (Sunday) - 24-hour based on Singapore Time Zone, will complete this one...Marathon-distance..

race742c9fa8db9e591d.jpg

2 options...FOC and get an e-Badge...

or pay US$60 and

get delivered from January 2021...a Medal

NYRR-Virtual-Marathon-2020-medal.jpg

registration only days to go...before Nov 1...and you must be ultra-distance ready...

if interested, uncle will start a Forum Thread...

otherwise, treat this post as another of uncle's fun off-topic "read for information-only"...

Note: this is the final 2020 WMM Virtual Race...

 

 

I am interested but I don't think I can commit to a marathon this coming weekend...

If this was brought up earlier I would have signed up and prepared for it... Furthermore, I would have ran for the guaranteed entry reward...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, sicklycat said:

My key objective to join events, is to motivate me to run longer distances :turned:

Oh ok... I wasn't keeping track of who joined what event, so which events have you signed up this year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, beast said:

I am interested but I don't think I can commit to a marathon this coming weekend...

If this was brought up earlier I would have signed up and prepared for it... Furthermore, I would have ran for the guaranteed entry reward...

Agree!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, beast said:

Oh ok... I wasn't keeping track of who joined what event, so which events have you signed up this year?

Just 1 event for National Day 8)

I had been against joining virtual runs for a long time, till I saw the tee, and thought can give it a shot... The experience changed my mind on VRs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...