sicklycat

Chipsley's Virtual Run: Christmas Edition 2020

20200923_234155.thumb.jpg.a89632059705657712bed1c4e3a3a0dc.jpg

Website: https://virtualruns.pinkapple.com.sg/chipsley-virtual-run/

Run distance: 2km or 5km

Dates for clocking distance: Anytime from 23rd Nov 2020 to 6th Jan 2021

Registration Period: Now till 31st Dec

Registration Fee: $25 (same price for both distances)

Runner's Entitlements

- E-cert

- E-badge

- Limited edition 18k plating Chipsley pendant with Swarovski crystals (worth $88), limited to 1,000 sets :shok:

Given the entitlement, I thought registration fees will be high, but I'm wrong!

But distance is too short, so I won't be joining!

Edited by sicklycat

I am guessing the registration price should be around $40-$50 so that they make it seem like you are getting more value than you paid for.

It is an unique entitlement for sure, but unless you are a collector or you have a girl that you can gift the pendant to, otherwise not exactly useful...

uncle goes Carousell...checkout...as an e-Shopper for the best offer...

18K Gold Plated pendant holder...Cost $12

pendant.jpg

pendant with Swarovski crystals

crystals.jpg

ok.. is it really worth $88...

Virtual Race e-Shopping is to get the most value-added because of the Promotion...$88 now you get it for $25..this one has e-badge, e-Cert with no medal and finishing tee...what you need to is do 2KM or 5KM...

What will be your choice?

Edited by kohpapa
14 hours ago, beast said:

Seems pretty reasonable, but only if you like the pendant.... so are you joining?

Unfortunately @beast, the distances of 2km and 5km are not challenging enough, so I'll skip it :turned:

Edited by sicklycat
On 10/25/2020 at 7:53 AM, kohpapa said:

ok.. is it really worth $88...

Virtual Race e-Shopping is to get the most value-added because of the Promotion...$88 now you get it for $25..this one has e-badge, e-Cert with no medal and finishing tee...what you need to is do 2KM or 5KM...

What will be your choice?

It is a "Limited edition 18k plating Chipsley pendant with Swarovski crystals"... 18k plating plus copyright fees of Chipsley the character...I am sure the market value is lesser than $88 but the $25 registration should be more than worth its price... 

17 hours ago, sicklycat said:

Unfortunately @beast, the distances of 2km and 5km are not challenging enough, so I'll skip it :turned:

Well, you can clock 5km but go for an additional Xkm you like to make it feel worthy...there isn't any km indication on the pendant... So I guess it probably depends on how much you want/like the pendant too...

Edited by beast
21 hours ago, beast said:

Well, you can clock 5km but go for an additional Xkm you like to make it feel worthy...there isn't any km indication on the pendant... So I guess it probably depends on how much you want/like the pendant too...

My key objective to join events, is to motivate me to run longer distances :turned:

this is an off-topic discussion and interest...

for those who want to be motivated to run longer distances and virtual race...uncle is currently involved in this one...

on Nov 1 (Sunday) - 24-hour based on Singapore Time Zone, will complete this one...Marathon-distance..

race742c9fa8db9e591d.jpg

2 options...FOC and get an e-Badge...

or pay US$60 and

get delivered from January 2021...a Medal

NYRR-Virtual-Marathon-2020-medal.jpg

registration only days to go...before Nov 1...and you must be ultra-distance ready...

if interested, uncle will start a Forum Thread...

otherwise, treat this post as another of uncle's fun off-topic "read for information-only"...

Note: this is the final 2020 WMM Virtual Race...

Edited by kohpapa
5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

this is an off-topic discussion and interest...

for those who want to be motivated to run longer distances and virtual race...uncle is currently involved in this one...

on Nov 1 (Sunday) - 24-hour based on Singapore Time Zone, will complete this one...Marathon-distance..

race742c9fa8db9e591d.jpg

2 options...FOC and get an e-Badge...

or pay US$60 and

get delivered from January 2021...a Medal

NYRR-Virtual-Marathon-2020-medal.jpg

registration only days to go...before Nov 1...and you must be ultra-distance ready...

if interested, uncle will start a Forum Thread...

otherwise, treat this post as another of uncle's fun off-topic "read for information-only"...

Note: this is the final 2020 WMM Virtual Race...

I am interested but I don't think I can commit to a marathon this coming weekend...

If this was brought up earlier I would have signed up and prepared for it... Furthermore, I would have ran for the guaranteed entry reward...

6 hours ago, sicklycat said:

My key objective to join events, is to motivate me to run longer distances :turned:

Oh ok... I wasn't keeping track of who joined what event, so which events have you signed up this year?

On 10/27/2020 at 1:52 PM, beast said:

I am interested but I don't think I can commit to a marathon this coming weekend...

If this was brought up earlier I would have signed up and prepared for it... Furthermore, I would have ran for the guaranteed entry reward...

Agree!

On 10/27/2020 at 1:53 PM, beast said:

Oh ok... I wasn't keeping track of who joined what event, so which events have you signed up this year?

Just 1 event for National Day 8)

I had been against joining virtual runs for a long time, till I saw the tee, and thought can give it a shot... The experience changed my mind on VRs.