lonewolf

The Straits Times Virtual Run 2020

41 minutes ago, starfinder said:

There are some runners asking if alternative apps can be used instead of MOVE. From their official replies seem that it is firmed only can use MOVE.

No choice... It seems like the organizer's in-house running app that they die die wants to use...

On 9/6/2020 at 8:38 PM, starfinder said:

I am also considering becos of the app. Afraid to have lots of frustrations using it even though my intention is just the short 17.5 km.

I was just like u yesterday!

But I went back to read the app reviews again, and also read event organizer's replies on FB, and I decided to listen to feedback from fellow runners.

Even though this registration fee is low, I'm sure I will find better events to spend my $15 on instead 8)

The price of $20 for 2 medals and an event tee is really pretty attractive and seemed to sway me to the registration side at the moment... i will try the app for the next run and see how it feels running with a handphone and using the app...

Anyway the 17.5km for early bird is sold out....

image.png.76a20238975074450842438376942ccd.png

Edited by AutumnRunner
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

The low entry fee must have been a draw.

Despite all the :thumbsdown: for the apps.

All entries sold out. :blink:

119736901_1448558575532542_6138561912158

Yes, it is. But I believe bulk of runners may not even be aware of the apps issues and even if they do, those running only 17.5 km will probably not mind. If I participate in the 175 km, then maybe the apps issue will be serious concern as I definitely will be very frustrated if my long distances are not recorded.

3 hours ago, starfinder said:

Yes, it is. But I believe bulk of runners may not even be aware of the apps issues and even if they do, those running only 17.5 km will probably not mind. If I participate in the 175 km, then maybe the apps issue will be serious concern as I definitely will be very frustrated if my long distances are not recorded.

I also think most registrants are unaware of app issues - Good luck to them!

I would also have completely missed this point, and made the mistake of signing up...... if not for the alert from this forum, and @RunWalkRun:bow:

Will be interesting to see if the organiser relax the rule forcing runners to use their app, when the load of feedback comes in from ST Run sign-ups - So far, they have been replying to app complains with their template response that runners must use their app :rolleyes2:

Edited by sicklycat
1 hour ago, sicklycat said:

Will be interesting to see if the organiser relax the rule forcing runners to use their app, when the load of feedback comes in from ST Run sign-ups - So far, they have been replying to app complains with their template response that runners must use their app :rolleyes2:

It's probably impossible to allow other apps if they are integrating and outsourcing the runner generated data to a 3rd party company like LIV3LY. 

Smaller scale VR can do it because they are probably processing the data manually. 

14,000 slots is no joke and will be extremely time-consuming to process manually. 

So LIV3LY must be the one to take ownership, own up to the problems and build a proper app to support such large scale event. Simply sweeping the issue under the carpet may be manageable in the short run but if they do not improve, no one will ever sign up another VR that enforce the use of LIV3LY app. 

1 hour ago, lonewolf said:

It's probably impossible to allow other apps if they are integrating and outsourcing the runner generated data to a 3rd party company like LIV3LY. 

Smaller scale VR can do it because they are probably processing the data manually. 

14,000 slots is no joke and will be extremely time-consuming to process manually. 

So LIV3LY must be the one to take ownership, own up to the problems and build a proper app to support such large scale event. Simply sweeping the issue under the carpet may be manageable in the short run but if they do not improve, no one will ever sign up another VR that enforce the use of LIV3LY app. 

Actually, I've joined another VR, which accepts screenshots from any tracking apps, or photos of threadmill workouts. On the website, participants just fill up the distance, time taken, and date of run, as well as upload the screenshots/ photos. So the organiser doesnt really have much manual work to do, except for if any, manual spot checks for fraudulent submissions?

Wow... 14k sign-ups for ST VR!!

From runners' feedback, those who signed up for Star Wars VR also had to use the LIV3LY app - I wonder how many people signed up for the Star Wars event!

Edited by sicklycat

IT noob here, but I wonder how hard and costly is it to create a platform like SCSM/ Ironman's virtual club that allow sync-ing of all the major trackers seamlessly? 

All the VR runs should make it that way and nobody would have any problems uploading their results using their preferred tracker.

Not sure about SCSM platform, but I upload my running records in spacebib exactly like what sicklycat described. Very clear cut.

I believe The Star Wars VR has lesser participants compared to ST, being more expensive and just a medal as entitlement.

This could be LIV3LY first time having to take care of so many participants (14k!!) so i would expect more probs with the app... I registered with my eyes open and tried using the App four times... one hiccup out of the 4 hence Let's see how it goes and i will update as it goes by... 

4 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

This could be LIV3LY first time having to take care of so many participants (14k!!) so i would expect more probs with the app... I registered with my eyes open and tried using the App four times... one hiccup out of the 4 hence Let's see how it goes and i will update as it goes by... 

You registered!! Very brave......

6 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Wah if hiccup 1 time, i will go bonkers man especially after clocking a long run. Gd luck to your run.

uncle consolidated everything LIV3LY...

facebook.com-LIV3LY-page-001.jpg

facebook.com-LIV3LY-page-002.jpg

facebook.com-LIV3LY-page-003.jpg

payment is to register for a race ticket to participate [Sold Out]...then the need to activate race entry...with a race entry form...only closer to the race period...then MOVE app can be set up...via an email...

error login....error to save...no signs of delivery of medals (experience from *Star Wars Virtual Run Southeast Asia)...says package delivery, but never receive anything...

wah, tested the app...ghoulish background on Google Map (Dark Black and White)..location indicated in Red Dot...bright-lit track traces your route...not bad..

every app must have more tasks...like export data...which maybe, there is no such feature...and yes, if saving activity is "not 100%" then wasted effort on Run activity...

of course, there is no feature on static activity like Treadmill...simply app is not able to syn with "stationary" location...that is why, .MOVE. is appropriate...you don't move, we can't track you... 

*Star Wars Virtual Run Southeast Asia...Terms and Conditions...

star-wars.jpg

No Refunds....remember...All merely Register for a Race Ticket [Sold Out]...but, never get to test to see really the .Move. App works with the Race Entry [The Strait Times Virtual Run 2020]...

Continue to be informed...thank you...to the brave ones that Registered...

anyway spotted that 20% off Star Wars Virtual Run 2020 if you purchase promo code here...

069371cf5f48c2d5fb.jpg

something about virtual race registration platform...website, online or e-commerse Mall...no need the presence of a booth like in the past where you meet the representatives, make enquiries, check it out...

this virtual race registration is buy ticket to register entry of race closer to race date...virtually...NO Refunds..

Edited by kohpapa

uncle goes "undercover" to snoop out...SOLD OUT in ST Virtual Run...17.5KM...

hello, uncle interested...got also 175KM?

18541132a1ee1bf5f.jpg

20f3a70f01123021c.jpg

give you the link >>>> https://www.gevme.com/STVR2020

signup.md.jpg

31d5f7b44869ab1d2.md.jpg

public SOLD OUT.. then uncle got to "go underground" to BUY a Ticket with PROMO Code to Register... wonder which is that "cooperate company" fully paid and become a secondary market to sell...

who.jpg

someone...better come clean...who is hoarding thousands of "SOLD OUT" slots...meaning most of the public actually "did not" BUY...but Reserved for Corporate..or purely marketing stunt to say..."Virtual Race" overwhelming Popular...next time Grab now before SOLD OUT in hours...🤫

gevme.jpg

wonder if uncle can set up a Digital Event here...Buy and Sell "SCSM 2020 Virtual Race"...SOLD OUT...get promo code only exclusively from uncle...

Edited by kohpapa

Actually Lazada had special offer for the Star Wars Run on the 9 Sep - 1 price for 2 participants! Very tempted to 'buy' but too bad I don't have any friends keen in running to share the purchase. LOL.

This MOVE app is also used for the POSB Passion Virtual Run. Hopefully by then the app would have improved for this and the ST Run.

uncle's advise on .MOVE. app...

* unreliable in accuracy...

* features are limited..

* short distances...

* uninstall because among all other running apps uncle installed, this one always "self-activated"...because it wants you to signup for virtual race...and drain uncle's cell battery

glad that uncle has nothing to .Move. app and of course any virtual races that associated with it...

since Sundown Marathon had also use this app for everything Virtual...and future edition (and you know who...)

Boycott...simply this digital platform does not meet expectations...

Boycott...Shopee (Mall) also can sell ticket with promo code...20% off...meaning even if early bird, or special promo on event launch...

Boycott...secondary market offers corporate bulk purchase to public when SOLD OUT...meaning thousands can still be offered to those who missed after the SOLD OUT...

Boycott...so the question?...FULLY SOLD OUT means marketing gimmick with POPULAR DEMAND which is not really SOLD OUT as uncle has investigated (see previous post)...so where is the transparency**...

** It happened before in previous Sundown Marathon edition...Early Bird participants paid more when late-entry participants enjoyed even more discounts...get that feeling!

** Shi..don't tell others...why uncle can run many previous Sundown Marathon FOC with entitlements...because uncle got lobang from the sponsors...SOLD OUT/Secondary Market..aiya...uncle got other connections...cannot share...🤫

Edited by kohpapa