lonewolf

The Straits Times Virtual Run 2020

strun2020-logo-v3-1.png

Facebook PageHERE

1681280729_2020STRun1.thumb.jpg.97b3760771f287882600700e1359b576.jpg

*The loyal runner’s rate applies to any past participant of The Straits Times Run.
*OCBC cardholders will enjoy 10% off normal rates.
*$0.50 from each registration fee received will be donated to The Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund.
*Any distance recorded outside of the stipulated race period will not be considered.
*Distances on treadmills will not be recorded as the Move by Live3ly app uses GPS to track distances.

Runner’s Entitlements

1. One limited-edition New Balance “NB Dry” finisher’s tee worth S$49.
  2. For 17.5km participants: One limited-edition finisher’s medal (2nd part of the trilogy series).
  3. For 175km participants: Two limited-edition finisher’s medals (2nd and 3rd part of the trilogy series).
  4. One e-certificate.
  5. 25% off regular-priced New Balance products*
  6. 2 weeks’ free subscription to www.straitstimes.com*
  7. Other attractive goodies from our sponsors

Finisher Tee

nz_struntee_280884.jpg?itok=PBoMIENB&tim

Medal Trilogy

118544212_1430642743990792_1950109203302

[COMMENT] I don't suppose anyone is surprised with this news. Perhaps what was surprising to me was that they are proceeding with it. A bit unfortunate as the medal for the 2020 is supposed to be part of the trilogy of medal. Also it was supposed to be part of Straits Times 175 anniversary celebration.  

And to complete the medal trilogy, you need to run the 175km category. 

Edited by lonewolf

Saw the news too..

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/fitness-st-run-goes-virtual-with-175km-and-175km-races-registration-opens-on-monday?utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=STFB&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1598184037

2 categories of 17.5km over 10days or 175km over 60days... need to take part in the 175km to get the other 2 medals, which when formed with the 2019 medal, will be a complete picture...have to think thru carefully...

On 8/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, lonewolf said:

[COMMENT] I don't suppose anyone is surprised with this news. Perhaps what was surprising to me was that they are proceeding with it. A bit unfortunate as the medal for the 2020 is supposed to be part of the trilogy of medal. Also it was supposed to be part of Straits Times 175 anniversary celebration.  

Thanks for sharing this.

I didn't join last year so I missed out on the first of the trilogy medal. Doesn't make sense for me to go for the other 2 now I guess. But the price is reasonable for the medals that will complete the design.

On 8/22/2020 at 11:27 AM, lonewolf said:

For 175km participants: Two limited-edition finisher’s medals (2nd and 3rd part of the trilogy series).

Thank you for updating, bro.

I'm just wonder, if I complete 175km this year and get #2 and #3 part of the trilogy medal... Then if I join the race the next year, will I get the 2nd #3 medal?.... 😅😅

4 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Thank you for updating, bro.

I'm just wonder, if I complete 175km this year and get #2 and #3 part of the trilogy medal... Then if I join the race the next year, will I get the 2nd #3 medal?.... 😅😅

I believe they are giving out both medals and ending the trilogy this year so that they can start a fresh design next year.

48 minutes ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Price is dirt cheap in my opinion. I did not join last year so no point going for this year too since i cannot complete the design.

Personally I would like to suggest that 175KM category in this year can get the 2nd and 1st medal, so that the 3rd medal will still be tempting in next year, and more people will go for it... Otherwise, this year we get #2 and #3, then next year go for what? 

8 hours ago, beast said:

I believe they are giving out both medals and ending the trilogy this year so that they can start a fresh design next year.

emmm.... this one I'm not sure. If we run 17.5KM this year and get 2nd medal only. If next year got a fresh design, then how can we get the 3rd medal? 😅

17 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

emmm.... this one I'm not sure. If we run 17.5KM this year and get 2nd medal only. If next year got a fresh design, then how can we get the 3rd medal? 😅

That is how the organizer is encouraging you to sign up for the 175km as well, so that you complete the trilogy design.

If you do not go for the 175km this year, you will be deemed as giving up on the 3rd medal. 

19 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Personally I would like to suggest that 175KM category in this year can get the 2nd and 1st medal, so that the 3rd medal will still be tempting in next year, and more people will go for it... Otherwise, this year we get #2 and #3, then next year go for what? 

Then those who have joined last year will have no motivation to join the 175km this year, since they already got the 1st medal this year and only need to join the 17.5km this year to get the 2nd medal.

The 3rd medal is an enticing reward for those who had the first 2 medals, and going for the 3rd one by putting in the extra efforts.

Edited by beast
18 minutes ago, beast said:

By the way those who had the first medal and is willing to sell it off, please PM me....

Shall we have competitive bidding? Because I didn't participate this race last year either, and looking for 1st medal too.... 😍🤣🤣 

• Haha 1

wow... that is good reference.... so because of covid, they combined the 2 races as 1....

12 hours ago, RunWalkRun said:

Actually all along it was supposed to give out the 2nd and 3rd medal this year based on last year's article - 1 virtual race between Feb and July, 1 actual race.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/st-run-finishers-can-collect-trilogy-of-medals-that-portray-cityscape

I will definitely join even though I missed last year's race

15 hours ago, RunWalkRun said:

Actually all along it was supposed to give out the 2nd and 3rd medal this year based on last year's article - 1 virtual race between Feb and July, 1 actual race.

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/st-run-finishers-can-collect-trilogy-of-medals-that-portray-cityscape

I will definitely join even though I missed last year's race

Thanks for the clarification!

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

wow... that is good reference.... so because of covid, they combined the 2 races as 1....

It is still 2 races... 17.5km and 175km... You still have to run 2 times to get the 2 medals...

Something to add on, to record the ST run, one would have to download an App (so many running apps) to record the run... this would mean that a runner will have to run with the handphone with GPS switched on as well. Running on treadmill is not allowed... 

23 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Bro, wrong info. 175 KM for 2nd & 3rd medal as mentioned by others. Next year new design.

7 hours ago, starfinder said:

Looking at the fees and entitlements, I would select ST Run over CSC and Real Run.

Agree with you 2 hands 2 legs up. Moreover finisher medals are ELM as compared the other two. Value for money. 

But i will have to pass this but to support 100 Miles event instead.

1 hour ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Agree with you 2 hands 2 legs up. Moreover finisher medals are ELM as compared the other two. Value for money. 

But i will have to pass this but to support 100 Miles event instead.

Actually can sign up a few if you are really interested in more than one event..

2 hours ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

Bro, wrong info. 175 KM for 2nd & 3rd medal as mentioned by others. Next year new design.

Ok ok.... Thank you for the reminder, bro... now I understood... In other words, if this year I run 17.5KM, I will get the 2nd medal only, but next year got new design, so won't have opportunity to get the 3rd one...... If that's the case, then no choice... 🤣

I was thinking that completing 17.5KM at one-off run is tougher than completing 175KM with accumulative runs. Or maybe the rule doesn't require to finish 17.5KM at one-ff run??......

Ok, now I found the answer:

image.thumb.png.0fb501626a7496d3f5d936f4756cd866.png