SG RED DEVIL

100 Miles Challenge 2020 Virtual Edition (12 Oct - 15 Nov)

100 Miles Challenge 2020 Virtual Edition by Craze Ultra - Are You Nuts?

Date: 12 Oct - 15 Nov 2020

Venue: Anywhere outdoor & within COVID-19 guildlines/ restrictions of your country

Distance: 100 Miles

Start: 12 Oct 2020

Finish: 15 Nov 2020

COT: Complete 100 Miles at one go OR accumulate a total of 100 Miles over several sessions within qualifying period.

PS: 1) Oversea runners are welcome  Postage fee for mailing entitlements on top of registration fee must be agreeable before joining.

2) No indoor activities such as on treadmill, manual entry of activities and activities without route map will not be eligible.

3) Must have Strava account during the period for Ben to track by following thru' Strava account. So need to submit activities or screenshot to them.

4) Sub 32 hours challenge: To refer special conditions listed by organizer Craze Ultra.

Registration Link: https://www.crazeultra.com/p/virtual-edition.html

FB: https://www.facebook.com/CrazeUltra/?epa=SEARCH_BOX

image.png.788a719d5ae2b62c6399b01d2434ee24.png

Edited by SG RED DEVIL
Info added
  • Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 8:31 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

@simonleng, your prediction comes true. I guess you must be joining? 

@RunningGuildJin Swee!!!! I hope i can join this event if i have the time :)

I also hope my other predictions will come true too. haaaa

• Longer Mileage for the Event.   I hope there would be another category for the running folks to clock 200km in 5 weeks though (~40km per week). I opined that 32 km per week for 5 weeks is quite "doable" for most marathoners....
  • Event Start on Weekend.   Also, it would be best to start on 10 Oct (Sat) so that runners can start the event by clocking monster mileage  on Day 1. 
  • Organised Weekly Runs.   May be quite fun to break Craze Ultra 2019 route into 4 - 5 segments and runners can OTOT run these routes.

hmmmm..... I better start to condition myself for this event now... or else, i will be a laughing stock for not completing the monster mileage in Oct 20.

You guys StaySafe&StayHealthy!!! Cya!!! :)

• Like 1
On 8/22/2020 at 7:27 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

Paging @AutumnRunner

Erm.... happy that the race went on... the ultra runners will be delighted...

Agree with @simonlengthat 160km for accumulative 5 weeks is do-able for most marathoners, i think to make this event really for ultrarunners, it should have a minimum distance per run...

Edited by AutumnRunner
On 8/22/2020 at 7:27 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

Paging @AutumnRunner

Sorry if I am sounding rude here, but you guys should just end this already. It may be a fun tease a couple of years ago, but the man had already firmly stated that he is not interested in joining the event anymore, so please stop calling him out. Thanks.

20 hours ago, simonleng said:

@RunningGuildJin Swee!!!! I hope i can join this event if i have the time :)

I also hope my other predictions will come true too. haaaa

• Longer Mileage for the Event.   I hope there would be another category for the running folks to clock 200km in 5 weeks though (~40km per week). I opined that 32 km per week for 5 weeks is quite "doable" for most marathoners....
  • Event Start on Weekend.   Also, it would be best to start on 10 Oct (Sat) so that runners can start the event by clocking monster mileage  on Day 1. 
  • Organised Weekly Runs.   May be quite fun to break Craze Ultra 2019 route into 4 - 5 segments and runners can OTOT run these routes.

hmmmm..... I better start to condition myself for this event now... or else, i will be a laughing stock for not completing the monster mileage in Oct 20.

You guys StaySafe&StayHealthy!!! Cya!!! :)

I think 32km per week will still be quite a challenging commitment for many runners, especially casual/leisure runners like myself. 

I usually try to clock 8 to 10km, 2 to 3 times a week. That is only 30km max per week that I am willing/able to commit. I can't do 20-30km LSD like many of you over the weekend due to work commitments.

It may be easy peasy for many of you running enthusiasts who can afford the time or can prioritize running over commitments, but it isn't for me.

Also, I don't think organized weekly runs are feasible as gatherings of more than 5 are still not allowed. I am probably not getting what you mean exactly since you end of by saying runners can OTOT the routes.

8 hours ago, beast said:

Sorry if I am sounding rude here, but you guys should just end this already. It may be a fun tease a couple of years ago, but the man had already firmly stated that he is not interested in joining the event anymore, so please stop calling him out. Thanks.

hahahahaha @beast...

For ultra runners' perspective, i guess running a 50km at one go is considered a LSD if u are training for an ultra race... just my guess since i cant do that for sure... hahah... 

this virtual race will allow many runners who are unable to complete an ultra to collect a medal this year with "160miles" carved in it under Craze Ultra... 

2 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

hahahahaha @beast...

No offence taken @beast.  I paged @AutumnRunner not to tease him further, but to see whether he is interested.  The format is not purely an ultra, since it has some flexibility and allows participants to clock the mileage over a few runs.  I believe he has done similar races before?  This may hence interest him to 'take part' in a 'Craze' event at last.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, wonderfulblevic said:

No offence taken @beast.  I paged @AutumnRunner not to tease him further, but to see whether he is interested.  The format is not purely an ultra, since it has some flexibility and allows participants to clock the mileage over a few runs.  I believe he has done similar races before?  This may hence interest him to 'take part' in a 'Craze' event at last.  Sorry if I wasn't clear.  

Thanks for clarifying! Doesn't seem like he is interested in virtual runs too.

1 hour ago, wonderfulblevic said:

no worries @wonderfulblevic... i would think if i ever want to run in "Craze Ultra", i would really be targeting to run the ultra distance...

1 hour ago, beast said:

Thanks for clarifying! Doesn't seem like he is interested in virtual runs too.

given that this year only has virtual race, i might have to close one eye and just run in a "race", else it will be "medal-less" in 2020.... hahah

18 hours ago, beast said:

I think 32km per week will still be quite a challenging commitment for many runners, especially casual/leisure runners like myself. 

I usually try to clock 8 to 10km, 2 to 3 times a week. That is only 30km max per week that I am willing/able to commit. I can't do 20-30km LSD like many of you over the weekend due to work commitments.

It may be easy peasy for many of you running enthusiasts who can afford the time or can prioritize running over commitments, but it isn't for me.

Also, I don't think organized weekly runs are feasible as gatherings of more than 5 are still not allowed. I am probably not getting what you mean exactly since you end of by saying runners can OTOT the routes.

From now till Oct, i am hoping for easing of measures, perhaps 10-15 pax can start to participate in organised event publicly.

what i have in mind for organised weekly is.... a certain designated running routes, and we can all run at that route at our own pace and share the experience online:)

22 minutes ago, simonleng said:

From now till Oct, i am hoping for easing of measures, perhaps 10-15 pax can start to participate in organised event publicly.

what i have in mind for organised weekly is.... a certain designated running routes, and we can all run at that route at our own pace and share the experience online:)

Well, that is what the SCSM announced today is going to do... every week an optional designated running route around Singapore for 15 weeks... it will be 5 to 10km only though...

I think the shirt is nice 🤩

The only thing is that's its a little uhm...  well, I'm not too comfortable with the trend of some virtual races nowadays where you get a finisher shirt, for a race distance that you actually did in "installments". To be fair, it does read:

"100 Miles Challenge Finisher"
             rather than
"100 Miles Ultramarathon Finisher😜

A non-runner would probably be clueless on the difference, but as runners, I guess we can all share a wink on that.

-Just my opinion. 😅

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

I think the shirt is nice 🤩

The only thing is that's its a little uhm...  well, I'm not too comfortable with the trend of some virtual races nowadays where you get a finisher shirt, for a race distance that you actually did in "installments". To be fair, it does read:

"100 Miles Challenge Finisher"
             rather than
"100 Miles Ultramarathon Finisher😜

A non-runner would probably be clueless on the difference, but as runners, I guess we can all share a wink on that.

-Just my opinion. 😅

Would suggest you to join if keen. But do read the organizer's terms and conditions carefully for this event.

Well you could run where there is less people around route which i always did. Anyway, the over sized finisher medal design is not out yet which is part of the entitlements beside finisher T upon completion.