Sign in to follow this  
Lady Ice

Covid 19 Challenges

Yah sgrunners for 15 years... need another thread for that. 

covid 19 second wave has a high probability due to poor attitudes and a growing apathy in very wealthy nations. Unfortunately the USA, uk, Sweden have money to spend for travel and business....There will be countries that will readily accept tourist and business from these countries who I would consider as high risk. Once that happens the chain begins and others will be silently spreading this disease. Immunity systems are growing stronger in these countries are growing stronger with summer & more sunlight. Am predicting second wave in August / September as fall begins.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Ice said:

Yah sgrunners for 15 years... need another thread for that. 

covid 19 second wave has a high probability due to poor attitudes and a growing apathy in very wealthy nations. Unfortunately the USA, uk, Sweden have money to spend for travel and business....There will be countries that will readily accept tourist and business from these countries who I would consider as high risk. Once that happens the chain begins and others will be silently spreading this disease. Immunity systems are growing stronger in these countries are growing stronger with summer & more sunlight. Am predicting second wave in August / September as fall begins.

uncle's 10th next year...sgRunners...

it is summer-time soon...USA, uk, Sweden......in Europe...5 seasonal jobs

job.jpg

most will spend money to travel for pleasure (because not working during seasonal break)...while few would pick up the seasonal jobs available...kind of "shared" job for work-life-family balance lifestyle... 

of course, it is never possible here locally, telling others that you taking a job vacation break is like, "you kena fired or retrenched....so young or you are not old enough (like above 70s/80s) still want to to retire meh...don't be so seow and "gong kia" meaning "not so smart kid"...😷

Edited by kohpapa

On 5/18/2020 at 5:59 AM, kohpapa said:

progress.jpg

run16a9563db1d96fda.jpg

OhMyGod,

Kohpapa is all rounded, ready to strike 💪 

There is push up, burpee .... Challenge, win yourself finisher t, medal & mask.

All go join 👍 

Posted (edited)

actually, uncle shall be ending this sunday and exit from this forum thread....and shall go for a final Exercise (Run) LSD followed by completing as many Covid-19 Challenges and HITTs...after a lengthy break (preparation for activities and tasks after June 1)

got to continue Work after CB Extended (Phase 1)...goals and timeline for projects have really changed to meet the Preventive Measures due to Covid-19...

must congratulate to all those who has started and perserved... @Lady Ice

... @starfinder

Edited by kohpapa

CB or no CB, I think it is good to maintain fitness so that we can enjoy sports or outdoors. No need to over stress to reach higher targets, just do at own pace to enjoy the process of doing them.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, starfinder said:

CB or no CB, I think it is good to maintain fitness so that we can enjoy sports or outdoors. No need to over stress to reach higher targets, just do at own pace to enjoy the process of doing them.

everyone has their own agenda on fitness...

some have moderate...some have higher...

some will race...others simply DIY...some want medals (extrinsic)...some simply go Green (intrinsic)...

no comments on what is fitness...cycling and running and swimming...

exercise is essentially to burn fat...so which one will burn fat better...uncle chooses running over cycling over swimming...so what's yours?

all the best bro...continue to do what is happy for yourself...just define on your own Stay Safe Stay Healthy Safe Happy in 2020...because there is simply no real Race (Run) which has a higher risk...vs..Virtual Run (Home-based)...very safe.. counting down to Sunday...in hours...and MIA...😷

Edited by kohpapa

19 hours ago, kohpapa said:

actually, uncle shall be ending this sunday and exit from this forum thread....and shall go for a final Exercise (Run) LSD followed by completing as many Covid-19 Challenges and HITTs...after a lengthy break (preparation for activities and tasks after June 1.

OhMy God,

"final Exercise (Run) LSD followed by completing as many Covid-19 Challenges".

No more run? push up? burpee?

is all rounded, ready to strike 💪 

Going MIA, retire from  💪 ???

There is push up, burpee .... Challenge, go win yourself finisher t, medal & mask.

All go join 👍 

Posted (edited)

from June 2, working hard for real income ($) is Essential..Exercise (Run) and Covid-19 Workout Challenges can be "retired" because they are no longer Essential...

yes, in every year of @SgRunners...uncle MIA right after every SCSM...except for 2020...disruption of work and projects due to Covid-19...so uncle has more "free" time...to see how Covid-19 really has impact on Races, Exercise (Run) , wearing Mask (Face Shield), and how Virtual Runs begin to be the norm in place of Event (Race) cancel...

looks like the weather in the last 2 days are wet, sunny, cooler...so final Exercise (Run) to where....

quite a lot of choices to pick...Ultra! Hill...Ultra! Rail Corridor...Ultra! Trail...Ultra! Road....Ultra! Cycling...except Beaches (still closed)..otherwise Ultra! Swim.

well...48 hours..uncle shall MIA here because of CB Extension Phase 1 - Essential Work is priority.

and to all here, Happy sgRunners 15th Anniversary in June...😷

Edited by kohpapa

On 5/23/2020 at 7:59 PM, starfinder said:

Yes Bro we are here!

Actually Ridge Runners have their 8th anniversary run in August. But I realize their 'sign up' is no longer in effect, either because registration is full or they have on-hold because of covid 19. Or else I would have post in 'Local Races'.😄

Hi Bro, I'm very happy to see so many familiar "faces" here, especially glad to know that everyone is doing well. 😊

Thank you very much for updating the news about "Ridge Runners", I participated the 7th anniversary race in last year August, very impressive. Even until today I still have a sense of guilty, because I paid nothing but got one exquisite medal, one piece of cup cake and fantastic experience. 😅😅

Hopefully the race can be held this year... 🤗

8 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Hi Bro, I'm very happy to see so many familiar "faces" here, especially glad to know that everyone is doing well. 😊

Thank you very much for updating the news about "Ridge Runners", I participated the 7th anniversary race in last year August, very impressive. Even until today I still have a sense of guilty, because I paid nothing but got one exquisite medal, one piece of cup cake and fantastic experience. 😅😅

Hopefully the race can be held this year... 🤗

Yes, let's wait for further info from Ridge Runners Organizers. I have a hunch it may still proceed but not a mass run though...

7 hours ago, kohpapa said:

from June 2, working hard for real income ($) is Essential..Exercise (Run) and Covid-19 Workout Challenges can be "retired" because they are no longer Essential...

yes, in every year of @SgRunners...uncle MIA right after every SCSM...except for 2020...disruption of work and projects due to Covid-19...so uncle has more "free" time...to see how Covid-19 really has impact on Races, Exercise (Run) , wearing Mask (Face Shield), and how Virtual Runs begin to be the norm in place of Event (Race) cancel...

looks like the weather in the last 2 days are wet, sunny, cooler...so final Exercise (Run) to where....

quite a lot of choices to pick...Ultra! Hill...Ultra! Rail Corridor...Ultra! Trail...Ultra! Road....Ultra! Cycling...except Beaches (still closed)..otherwise Ultra! Swim.

well...48 hours..uncle shall MIA here because of CB Extension Phase 1 - Essential Work is priority.

OhMyGod,

Pls check check Life Leverage.

When all aspects of your life, such as relationships, work, money, etc. are all perfect, as if nothing can bring down the mood you are in.

There is push up, burpee .... Challenge, go win yourself finisher t, medal & mask.

All go join 👍 

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, kohpapa said:

just now completed recce Woodlands to Sungei Kadut is actually follow the Woodlands Ave 3 to Kranji Road-Woodlands Road...

recce1.jpg

Follow the Western Loop Adventure PCNs into the Yew Tee Village...

CCK.jpg

CCK side of Stagmont "crossing" is there...Pang Sua Park Connector..connects PCNs at Bukit Panjang...Zhenghua...Dairy Farm..

22e1cfffaffdf7209.jpg

catch Bukit Timah Railway Stn along Rifle Range Road from Bukit Timah Hill...

uncle completed a 10KM familiarization Exercise (Run) north of Bukit Timah Railway Stn...

Rifle Range Road >>> [Rail Corridor closed] >>> Bukit Timah Fire Station >>> Hillview >>> Gombak Rail Corridor [15km] >>> Pang Sua Park Connector >>> Stagmont "crossing" >>> Rail Corridor [18km] >>> Rail Corridor [20km] >>> Kranji Railway Station >>> Junction of Kranji Close and Kranji Road >>> Kranji MRT

map-of-rail-corridor-data.png

ura-min.jpg

Interesting to know that north of Bukit Timah Railway Rail Corridor, the trail terrain is almost...except the one from Rifle Range Road [Rail Corridor Closed]

16cb790828b1a8579.jpg

Especally reaching Kranji Railway Stn (Defunct) the almost 1km trail (caused by bikes) becomes waterlogged on both sides, muddy... and if after heavy rainfall, this place should very wet, black and soggy...like s***

South of Bukit Timah Railway Stn...the trail terrain is completely

26708d4cf44a5e5eb.jpg

the "North Rail Corridor" neighbourhoods hail from Hillview, Bukit Panjang, CCK...

Of course, not many will venture beyond Stagmont "crossing" >>> Rail Corridor [18km] - Sungei Kadut
...saw wild dogs...

Rail Corridor [beyond 18km and 20km] Kranji...beyond 20km is muddy and both sides are waterlogged...

Surprisingly, shades provided by the vegetation are welcome against hot sun...

Of course, North Rail Corridor is very much like good old "Green Corridor" because it is not frequent by both hikers/runners and bikers, nature is green. 

Note: Distance Marker along North Rail Corridor...last time...

marker.jpg

the distance [number in yellow board] refers from the 778.25 km marker (as shown in the picture) that once stood close to the mosque...towards Tanjong Pagar

Jalan Hang Jebat in Wessex Estate, at the end of which the mosque still stands today...

371d5348fdc18a1fc.jpg

Uncle did not notice the yellow Distance Board at the South Rail Corridor...but from "Hillview" Rail Corridor [entered just behind Hillview MRT]...the yellow Distance Board is really "nostagia"...distance measured from Tanjong Pagar at 0 km....😷

Edited by kohpapa

21 hours ago, kohpapa said:

uncle completed a 10KM familiarization Exercise (Run) north of Bukit Timah Railway 

OhMyGod, run completed, well done.

Try not to leave sgrunners. Check check life leverage, may help.

Covid 19 changed the way we keep healthy. Push up, burpee challenge is safe to do at home.

Now push up, burpee contest can win prize, go check check. Good luck.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wwwlimlim said:

OhMyGod, run completed, well done.

Try not to leave sgrunners. Check check life leverage, may help.

uncle calls it Sabbatical Leave of Absence...

After nearly 10 years in sgRunners, so what's uncle contribution in the coming sgRunner's 15th Anniversary..

uncle "kena blacklisted"...most negatives in sgRunners history...hope someone can beat the record...

negative.jpg

There was a 3-year period when uncle had been with the JustRunLah! forum...chat with angmoh runners...pretty model and influencer ...  @trailblazeron topics on Running with Coaching issues...and FatBird Founder (aka uncle's cohort Sg Coach) dropped by to say "Hello, uncle...how's life?"

fatbird.jpg

this one forum thread at JustRunLah! had more than 100,000 viewership...may have been "linked" worldwide..average was more than 100+ daily [non-members]..GUESTS..

jrl.jpg

Yes, uncle being in Trail Running...was the mascot and host...knows almost all previous and present Trail routes...like 100km ones also...talk silly of all festivals celebrated including 7th Lunar Month...all Routes Run Around Singapore...encounters with ghostly bros and sis...

Maybe uncle got blessed "heavenly ghostly sightings"...dip with Black Cat's tears and pandan leaves, enable uncle to see all things "virtual heaven and hell"...of course, what you wear or not wearing is "transparent" to uncle's business to Not-to-Know Policy basis...professional ethics...unless paid to reveal.

7e7961125758a5b2e.jpg

Well it is Sunday already...uncle got to MIA by 2359...for uncle is "grumpy" and long-winded here..so..must stop for the sake of ALL... for ghostly runners awaiting for uncle...from the other side...quiet there...hear no complain always...and wear no mask always...😷

Edited by kohpapa

4 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Yes, uncle being in Trail Running...was the mascot and host...knows almost all previous and present Trail routes...like 100km ones also...talk silly of all festivals celebrated including 7th Lunar Month...all Routes Run Around Singapore...encounters with ghostly bros and sis...

Uncle, not yet 7th month already talk about bros & sis from 'the other side'? 😂

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, starfinder said:

Uncle, not yet 7th month already talk about bros & sis from 'the other side'? 😂

Hmmm - maybe he is talking to us from the other side 😲  I mean have any of you seen him?

Finally got to 50 pushups yahoo....... got to 100 leg lifts yesterday......only failed on my target of 150 situps

Edited by Lady Ice

@kohpapa thank you for all the tips.  @starfinder thank you for your consistency, you made me feel guilty when had began to miss some days!  Both thank you for keeping me company :D 

2 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

@kohpapa thank you for all the tips.  @starfinder thank you for your consistency, you made me feel guilty when had began to miss some days!  Both thank you for keeping me company :D 

Let us all continue these workouts at our own pace 😀

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Finally got to 50 pushups yahoo....... got to 100 leg lifts yesterday......only failed on my target of 150 situps

OhMyGod,

50 pushups, well done 👍

Saw Lexus Tan facebook, he own self say know qi gong, can apply. 

I scare scare, should I call? 

Posted (edited)
Sorry for posting here, as I wasn't able to find an appropriate thread...

"Happy #globalrunningday! We’re excited to celebrate by announcing registrations are open for the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Virtual Marathon!
It’s free for runners, wheelies and walkers of all ages and abilities to join and there are six distances on offer to complete from 1-31 July:
  1. Village Roadshow Theme Parks Gold Coast Virtual Marathon
  2. ASICS Virtual Half Marathon
  3. Southern Cross University Virtual 10km Run
  4. Gold Coast Airport Virtual 5km Fun Run
  5. 4km and 2km Junior Dash
Check out our race bundles too if you’d like to compete in multiple events.
Simply register on the link above, download ASICS Runkeeper and upload your results online.
Image may contain: 1 person, text
Edited by ZZIZZ

Thanks @ZZIZZ It is interesting. As Virtual Marathons will be the mainstay for the moment and to keep a customer base

Did... did you say it was... FREE😍 😍 😍 

I've been itching to run a marathon since this pandemic broke out (and they cancelled SDM 😢). I might as well put one of my weekend long runs to good use. 26.2 miles, here we go!

I (personally) don't regard it as highly as an actual race, but in times like these, we ought to be thankful for what we can get I suppose...

@ZZIZZ Thank you for sharing this info.

9 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Did... did you say it was... FREE?

Yes sir, these entries are free: https://raceroster.com/events/2020/31601/village-roadshow-theme-parks-gold-coast-virtual-marathon There are even some bundle options for us, namely we can participate multiple (or even ALL) categories, but of course the evidence of further distance you capture won't cover the shorter one, you have to run separately to cover them.... 🤣🤣  

I salute you again as you are able (dare) to run FM individually without the water/food supplement provided by an organizer... Well done!

image.thumb.png.ad4f5e1b0cb03b42cc1a52364718232e.png

@ZZIZZ - you can run with your own nutrition and as you know sg has plenty of places with water coolers and bathrooms. Yes the water in the bathrooms is perfectly drinkable. Before the water coolers at MR, used to use the tap water and am still alive :)