Sign in to follow this  
Lady Ice

Covid 19 Challenges

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Ahhh @kohpapa - could also do a 5km virtual challenge league. Am involved in one at the moment. Has been hard work trying to beat my 5k times.  Must admit this non-run challenge has came me doing core work which am happy for :) 

ready for Ultra! Run (Rail Corridor)...Woodlands Civic Centre to Silat (Bukit Merah) ..😷

22e1cfffaffdf7209.jpg

11c995a1dc69c287a.md.jpg

uncle has scrapped Sundown hours due the recent horror of "runner kena stabbed to death while on night Exercise (Run) during Covid-19 CB". Better be safe always..😷

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

C'mon @KohPapa - ya know core strength is worth it :) 

spare-tire.jpg

Actually uncle has maintained core strenghth fitness (pictured left) on the before CB....lol...

Besides, multisports events require different core training...Swim and Bike have different set of Covid-19 Challenges, mostly for fitness...

Of course, uncle once use Chin-up bars for pole vaulting activities...like good old days...pull rope...rotation on chin-up bar like monkey...but Covid-19 means "you do not do them because the fitness or recreational facility is CLOSED".

Emphasis in coming days is on core Endurance for Peak Performance...like if able to run/cycle for endured distance, what's the ready state?

Even there is no Race (Run/Bike/Triathlon), at least, the fitness to maintain Endurance must be "cored"...losing it will take many months, or even years especially for those who are now in injury/pain and need to take a lengthy break for recovery.

Race (any Event) is High Risk, and so taking a deserving break from it  is normal for every casual sports participant during Covid-19. Until a vaccine is found and everyone gets a deserving shot and declare by WHO - we are now still not Covid-19 free. 😷

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2020 at 6:47 AM, kohpapa said:

the Northern Territory is heavily populated, with Pavement, PCN is split to Cycle Only and Walk/Run only. 

If you look at the map, some parts of the region are designated as Not A PCN. There are lots of Traffic Crossings. Exercise (Run) must be conducted in Wear Mask Always because Stoppages at Traffic Lights could be 5 mins. Pavement for Exercise (Run) is downgraded to Exercise (Walk), Wear Mask Always.

5km Run is Exercise (Run) was conducted only on PCN tracks. Non-run or Walk is for the massive stoppages along Not A PCN when connecting to PCN, and if you can look at the map again, you can wonder why. Discontinuity if you would want to connect to PCN to another PCN. So uncle had to skip other PCNs like Canberra-Sembawang PCN, Simpang Kiri PCN...and connect Yishun PCN (lower Seletar Reservoir)...notice again, Not A PCN means Pavement

north.jpg

Because of Covid-19, our golden rule for Exercise (Run) - do not run on Pavements applied because of Safe Distancing 😷

Continued with the Northern Territory Familiarization Run (10K)...this time mostly on Not A PCN...yesterday luckily just moments before the heavy thundery storm struck...

10k.jpg

Of course, uncle was not to head to Yishun this time, so took the Canberra PCN, Canberra-Sembawang PCN...was tempted to go to Sembawang Park, but, skipped because the weather was cloudy and noted from the weather forecast...heavy thunderstorm already brewing from the West...just head to the Woodlands Industrial Zone...

Noted in this route has lots Colonial Houses of the Military Personnel along Sembawang...

SAF Yacht Club, 43 Admiralty Road West...

WP-New-Header.md.jpg

Sembawang Camp (uncle's BMT camp was there) right beside SAF Yacht Club...it was where our so call "Navy Seal" terror camp...dressed-in-black BMT training...

Sembawang Shipyard....

Sembcorp_Marine_Sembawang_Shipyard_by_Se

Senoko Power Station...

sonoko.jpg

lots of Industrial Clusters...Micron (Woodlands) is there...

wow...totally reminded uncle  this route is like "Tenah Merah Coast Road" in the North West...because there is no Facilities for Washroom...only places for emergency stops will be the bus stop shelters...

OMG...lightnings...thunders...monsoon heavy rain falling...to the nearest bus stop shelter and takecover....FULL STOP!   

tsk tsk tsk...otherwise uncle may have proceeded to...no 2nd guess where Uncle would be headed.....

woodlands-railway.jpg

The Railway route which was once started from the Causeway Singapore-JB...Causeway Railway is near to where uncle was forced to STOP because of heavy monsoon rain...

Woodlands WaterFront shall be vintage point see JB...if not because of Rain...

water-front.jpg

Ready for Ultra! Run (Rail Corridor)...Woodlands Civic Centre...via...Woodlands Waterfront PCN.... to Silat (Bukit Merah) ...please no more rain ok, otherwise the Rail Corridor aka Green Corridor will become Spicy Red & Yellow Curry Corridor - wet and soggy....understand now Rail (Green) Corridor why pavement is Red...once there were lots of Red Clay then...😷

Edited by kohpapa

Tried to go for a 10K run but was stopped by deer and then dogs chasing deer..... might have accidentally got in the way ;)

Just now, Lady Ice said:

Tried to go for a 10K run but was stopped by deer and then dogs chasing deer..... might have accidentally got in the way ;)

good early morning here in SG...your 10K run stopped by wild animals...uncle's one stopped by bad Weather!

@Lady IceIn SG, runners got stopped by wild boars 😄

@kohpapa Have cycled these routes but I never run them before. Nice areas! Only ran along Gambas and Woodlands Ave 12 as used to stay around there many years ago. That time still had big empty lands unlike now occupied by flats.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, starfinder said:

@kohpapa Have cycled these routes but I never run them before. Nice areas! Only ran along Gambas and Woodlands Ave 12 as used to stay around there many years ago. That time still had big empty lands unlike now occupied by flats.

Places where uncle used to run cycle...are run'able'...and that is why...uncle has no problem with routes to Run/Bike Round Singapore...

Uncle actually run in action...otherwise...sgRunners forum should be renamed as sgBikers forum...or sgPMDeviceOperators forum...better still just sgGoogleMapRunners..

Maybe that is why uncle plans to MIA from here soon...running is non-essential because Race (Run) events are non-essential because of Covid-19.

Ok...back to final preparation for the Rail Corridor Ultra! Run...just need to make another familiarization run from Woodlands to Sungei Kadut (should be that industial zone which is close to Yew Tee)....again, ran there years ago...

next.jpg

Awaiting for better weather with kinder strong sun to soak up spicy red and yellow curry patches at the Rail Corridor...😷

Edited by kohpapa

I saw no new update at "Local Races" for more than two weeks.... then I just realized that you guys are here.... Hope everyone is safe and healthy. 😊

Posted (edited)

yap...Exercise (Run) Around Your Neighbourhoods and Covid-19 Challenges (Home) Workouts are shared...everyone can participate...

looks like today mild sun managed to soak up spicy red and yellow curry patches at the Rail Corridor..

just now completed recce Woodlands to Sungei Kadut is actually follow the Woodlands Ave 3 to Kranji Road-Woodlands Road...

recce1.jpg

Follow the Western Loop Adventure PCNs into the Yew Tee Village...

CCK.jpg

CCK side of Stagmont "crossing" is there...Pang Sua Park Connector..connects PCNs at Bukit Panjang...Zhenghua...Dairy Farm..

22e1cfffaffdf7209.jpg

catch Bukit Timah Railway Stn along Rifle Range Road from Bukit Timah Hill...

11c995a1dc69c287a.md.jpg

South of Bukit Timah Railway Stn to Holland..North Bourna Vista..South Bourna Vista..Tanglin Halt..Alexandra Hospital...Bukit Merah...Silat...oh that familiar Green Corridor route (10.5km) to Tanjong Pagar Railway stn (development-in-progress)

Wah...Ultra! Run (Rail Corridor)...24km...should be reasonably ready...from Woodlands...to Silat (Bukit Merah)...😷

Edited by kohpapa

1 hour ago, ZZIZZ said:

I saw no new update at "Local Races" for more than two weeks.... then I just realized that you guys are here.... Hope everyone is safe and healthy. 😊

Yes Bro we are here!

Actually Ridge Runners have their 8th anniversary run in August. But I realize their 'sign up' is no longer in effect, either because registration is full or they have on-hold because of covid 19. Or else I would have post in 'Local Races'.😄

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, starfinder said:

Actually Ridge Runners have their 8th anniversary run in August. But I realize their 'sign up' is no longer in effect, either because registration is full or they have on-hold because of covid 19. Or else I would have post in 'Local Races'.😄

Latest: Since uncle is regular at NUS-Southern Ridges as Exercise (Run)ner, north of Hort Park is run"able" with Kent Ridge Park and Labrador (closer to NUS). As long as Kent Ridge Car Park remained CLOSED, meaning Car Park A and B,  expect not many Exercise (Run)ners will be able to travel there, but had seen more Exercise (Walk/Hike)rs  from neighbourhood households of the Pasir Panjang Residences or those who have living residency in Hostels in NUS.

Definitely Hort Park will not allowed for any gathering of crowd, don't need to discuss about hosting of any Event (anything including Ridge Run Anniversay).

limited.jpg

From what uncle knows from the past Ridge Run Event format, South Bourna Vista Road will be part of the more distanced run route, which is running on the Pavement.

Already Forest Walk and Canopy Walk are closed, cutting off access from south of Hort Park. Henderson Waves closure cuts off access of Telok Blangah Hill from Mount Faber.

August? Already NDP 2020 and Army HM 2020 are cancelled. Now, the lingo in town is can we do this Event (Run) during Phase 1, 2 and 3 after CB extended?  

Unless there are new NP regulations for Park Users after June 1....

NP website (extract): https://www.nparks.gov.sg/noticeboard remained unchanged from mid April...

NP.jpg

Nobody actually knows when will any Race (Run) be allowed, maybe after Phase 4? 

Well, already someone predicted SCSM 2020 (Dec 2020) could be under the same fate....cancel because of Covid 19.😷

Edited by kohpapa

19 hours ago, starfinder said:

@Lady IceIn SG, runners got stopped by wild boars 😄

...Also monkeys & otters

Otter alert at Gardens by the Bay during Standard Chartered ...

11 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Come join us for the last week to do some core strength.....just treat the start of the week as your first day

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14-Vqrs_cr908O_4PpvAcHN2qDJNKkNygfHzg5S1kluI/edit#gid=1917303777

@kohpapa - Your targets for situps, push ups and leg raises - achievable in one week?  I might get my target for pushups.... don't think I will get the other two..... come come see how

10 hours ago, kohpapa said:

From what uncle knows from the past Ridge Run Event format, South Bourna Vista Road will be part of the more distanced run route, which is running on the Pavement.

Already Forest Walk and Canopy Walk are closed, cutting off access from south of Hort Park. Henderson Waves closure cuts off access of Telok Blangah Hill from Mount Faber.

August? Already NDP 2020 and Army HM 2020 are cancelled. Now, the lingo in town is can we do this Event (Run) during Phase 1, 2 and 3 after CB extended?  

Yes, Uncle. Hopefully there will be some positive changes before August.

Actually Ridge Runner uses their own app to track their runs. I was wondering perhaps they can add a viable anniversary route. No need mass run. We just have individual run using the app for this route to complete the anniversary celebration. They can even post the route in their website.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, starfinder said:

Yes, Uncle. Hopefully there will be some positive changes before August.

Actually Ridge Runner uses their own app to track their runs. I was wondering perhaps they can add a viable anniversary route. No need mass run. We just have individual run using the app for this route to complete the anniversary celebration. They can even post the route in their website.

Any Event (Run) organized at NP must be approved by NP with MOH preventive measures recommendations.

Unless, Ridge Run is "personal" run, coordinated with an app, no gathering for  group run. Why not, Virtual Run instead, run near your neighbourhood, hope the apps can track route, distance and time captured.

Edited by kohpapa

5 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

@kohpapa - Your targets for situps, push ups and leg raises - achievable in one week?  I might get my target for pushups.... don't think I will get the other two..... come come see how

I shall be focusing on Exercise (Run) LSD as I end my 30-day challenge....coming Sunday after today (Sunday).

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 6:15 PM, kohpapa said:

11c995a1dc69c287a.md.jpg

South of Bukit Timah Railway Stn to Holland..North Bourna Vista..South Bourna Vista..Tanglin Halt..Alexandra Hospital...Bukit Merah...Silat...oh that familiar Green Corridor route (10.5km) to Tanjong Pagar Railway stn (development-in-progress)

Wah...Ultra! Run (Rail Corridor)...24km...should be reasonably ready...from Woodlands...to Silat (Bukit Merah)...😷

Uncle did a Familiarization 10km Exercise (Run) for this one Silat (Bukit Merah) to Bukit Timah Railway....

Remembering Green Corridor...

sgrunners.com-Green-Corridor-Run-2013-Su

Rail Corridor (Tanjong Pagar Railway Station to Bukit Timah Railway Station)...

closed.jpg

Today, uncle's status of rail corridor [south]:

Tanjong Pagar to Lower Delta Road Flyover [Green Fences Barricades] - CLOSED..Uncle entered though a lone (secret) opening at Silat behind Blk 138 Bukit Merah...the Red Pavement is wider which can have accommodate 4 person seen at Silat and Continue to direction of Tanjong Pagar Railway Station...

Uncle got Exit via a slope up to the Lower Delta Road. 

Lower Delta Road Flyer to After Bukit Merah Bus Interchange [Green Fences Barricades] - CLOSED

Uncle enters Bukit Merah at Henderson into Rail Corridor.

At Tanglin Halt [Green Fences Barricades] - CLOSED. Uncle has to Exit - Faith Methodist Church at Commonwealth Road. On the left is One North Business Park. Tanglin Halt to South Bourna Vista is closed for JTC Infrastructure Buildup.

Uncle enters North Bourna Vista via underpass which also link to Bourna Vista MRT into Rail Corridor. This one leads to Jelita Cold Storage at Holland Road.

[Green Fences Barricades] - CLOSED. Uncle has to exit from behind Jelita Cold Storage to Holland Road.

Go along 6th Avenue toward Bukit Timah, enters an entrance  "to a park" via private houses at Greenleaf View. Enters the Corridor and Completes at Bukit Timah Railway Stn.

Wah, this 10KM journey feels like 12-13KM....because Non-Corridor route means Run on Pavements beside Roads.

Red Spicy - Corridor Pavement. Yellow Brown Curry behind [Green Fences Barricades] - CLOSED. Actually, the Pavement towards Bukit Timah Railway Stn is always wet and dirt because there are more Bikers. Families of Bikers gathered to watch "monkeys".

Experience vs Past Reflection...no much difference, only this time Pavement is Red. One thing positive, the Corridor is shielded by trees from the morning sun. Don't know for afternoon and evening sun for Run/Bike. 😷

Northern Half (Rail Corridor) Bukit Timah - Woodlands...Virtual Run...enjoy...

Uploaded by reyskidude (with credit) June 2018...13.5KM..

Total Rail Corridor (south - 10.5KM), (north 13.5KM) = 24KM

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

otters

Otter alert at Gardens by the Bay during Standard Chartered ...

they can become menace if they continue to invade homes and eat the Kios...

worldofbuzz.com-Video-Otters-Are-Terrori

worldofbuzz.com-Video-Otters-Are-Terrori

uncle actually seen how otters hunt for fish (catfish - their favourite) in canals...they literall rip of their heads and feed them while remaining...with their back and keep afloat...enjoying their feast...

Edited by kohpapa

Ahh the otters are adapting to urban life as humans have spread themselves out. Did you know they are still on the endangered species list as they were nearly wiped out and only re-emerged in about 1998. Perhaps the humans need to change the location of their koi ponds to keep them out of the hands of the otters.....

One day we will learn to integrate with nature. Globally humans around the world have found it hard to stay in their home pond during lock down and keep trying to explore other ponds and eating other people's fishes :)

Posted (edited)

dear @Lady Ice and @starfinder,

Uncle shall exit from this wonderful Covid 19 Challenges thread by end of this Sunday, with a final Exercise (Run) Ultra! Run Around Neighbourhood(s)...

If you've following on updates at Covid-19 on Its Impacts on Races...even After June 1, the Preventive Measures for Exercises..still applies..like during CB/LockDown...Phase 1 (a month later), Phase 2 (months later after Phase 1), Phase 3 (still looking for a Vaccine and if not), maybe Phase 4 (even if a Vaccine is found, still if not, to be continued)...

So uncle thinks this forum thread shall have a longer lasting impact, specially for those who truely needs it...Keep Fit with Covid-19 Challenges (Home) with option of Exercise (run) alone...more Routes have already been plotted out...where their neighbourhoods runs route...

With the latest on Rail Corridor...uncle had every reason Around Community Neighbourhood(s)..

Like yesterday, conversation from Rest Stop at Bukit Timah Railway Station...where are you from? "Holland"...and you, Bukit Timah (Hillview)...and uncle, where are you from..yayapapaya..started from Tanjong Pagar...wah, how far is that...10.5KM...abuthen, not really a smooth journey...in-out-in-out-in-out..grandmother story...almost 10 years ago...uncle did run this green corridor...lol

Yap, uncle shall be needed more with engagement with Work after June 1...the real Essential stuff which brings real Income...uncertainty remains after June 1 because Covid-19 surely changes what it was used to be the past success, may not apply for the near future..just like Run (Race)...Cancel, Refund, Postpone, Virtual Race.

So, just thank you both for being part of the Essential Exercise (Covid-19 Challenges and Run) Team that brought to sgRunners this wonderful experience...looks like you shall be anchoring from then...best wishes....stay healthy stay strong stay fit...😷

Edited by kohpapa

3 hours ago, kohpapa said:

dear @Lady Ice and @starfinder,

Uncle shall exit from this wonderful Covid 19 Challenges thread by end of this Sunday, with a final Exercise (Run) Ultra! Run Around Neighbourhood(s)...

Thanks Uncle! Let us all stay fit, safe and healthy!

I am still doing virtual 42 km race with short runs. Somehow got to reward myself with a medal after those runs. 😅

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, starfinder said:

Thanks Uncle! Let us all stay fit, safe and healthy!

I am still doing virtual 42 km race with short runs. Somehow got to reward myself with a medal after those runs. 😅

We can give you kudos :)  No worries @kohpapa - me too will exit as been spending way too much time on social media

Seems like have been more like the doomsday person..... but it is certain we must all continue to respect social distancing, wear masks when in confined spaces (I know Sg is different) like public transport to protect others..... or we go for herd immunity. If you want to see what that is looking like, check out Brazil. It is very sad that Bolsonaro is happy to sacrifice the poor and the indigenous people who will have no immunity (there was one tribe that was badly affected with the common cold). The indigenous people have been helping to protect the rain forest and illegal logging has increased in these times. For Bolsonaro, this means the virus can remove a people that was "blocking progression" and further exploitation of the Amazon. His only concern is the economy

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/30/south-america-indigenous-groups-coronavirus-brazil-colombia

FYI how a disease can affect a whole tribe: https://www.survivalinternational.org/articles/3132-tribal-people-health-interview-professor-stafford-lightman

Edited by Lady Ice

Posted (edited)

unofficial and unknown source, so do not be alarmed by what some looked upon when this post-pandemic future (timeline) really will look like...this one looks like the 1918 Pandemic (H1N1 virus), aka, Spanish flu

Covid-19-Wave-2.jpg

as of today's report:

today.jpg

WHO warns of 'second peak' in areas where COVID-19 declining

(info - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/who-warns-second-peak-covid-19-coronavirus-declining-12768450)

channelnewsasia.com-WHO-warns-of-second-

Is WHO warning us about "Second Wave"? 😷

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

Celebrating the coming of 15 years of sgRunners...in 2020...

anniversary.jpg

sgrunners.com-Happy-First-Anniversary-SG

sgrunners.com-Happy-First-Anniversary-SG

well, it is good for all to know....once sgRunners were Siao Garang Runners...running1-gif.gif

Edited by kohpapa