Sign in to follow this  
Lady Ice

Covid 19 Challenges

5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Hope this will motivate you on Covid-19 Challenges..Set a Goal and Reach that Goal Always...

Yah - Let's Do It :)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Yah - Let's Do It :)

Since this is a running forum...we are just actively promoting Exercise (Run) during Covid-19...while taking proper Social Distancing and Safe Distancing measures...

Exercise may help reduce risk of deadly COVID-19 complication: ARDS

(info - https://theconversation.com/exercise-may-help-reduce-risk-of-deadly-covid-19-complication-ards-136922)

theconversation.com-Exercise-may-help-re

Remember the days when we first said why you want to join sgRunners on Reasons... fitness or mental healthy pursuit (freely)...then we say we want to challenge to take up ultra run and marathon or triathlon (pay for the challenge)..a fitness lifestyle... 

Agreeing to take up Covid-19 Challenges with @Lady Ice :

Exercise Alone (Run) without Mask (CB SG) is Low Risk is Essential.  Participating in Events (for any reason) is High Risk is Non-Essential. Even if there is a Restriction on Gathering in Numbers or Participation in Races in the coming weeks, months or years..it is still High Risk to Pay to Run, because it is Non-Essential to All during Covid-19.

High Risk also means Pay Higher Price and Pay for Insurance against Risk for future Races?

Why not be engaged Exercise (Run) as Covid-19 Challenges and remained as Low Risk? Isn't that one of the many reasons why we join sgRunners, not because of you want to Pay to Run only, but run freely, stay safe, stay healthy, stay social distancing and safe distancing?

Be engaged in Covid-19 Challenges.😷

Edited by kohpapa

Also add - cough or sneeze into your elbow and do not spit and rocket snot anywhere! We runners have to clean up our poor hygiene habits so that we do not spread this and other diseases.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2020 at 12:34 AM, Lady Ice said:

If anyone wants to join an sgrunners challenge - see the google sheet: 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14-Vqrs_cr908O_4PpvAcHN2qDJNKkNygfHzg5S1kluI/edit?usp=sharing

If there is any foul play on the sheets, I will remove the Share link option above and ask you all to email me with your address

i missed this challenge... 1 week gone and too far for me to catch up... 😅

Guys, I'm just adding the micro HIIT + the leg lifts on top of what I'm already doing. 
It's not my main workout.

They said it was OK if some of us weren't doing the whole program/challenge so I added my input to the chart. 🤭

Either way, I'll still complete the 30 day micro HIIT because I've noticed the mountain climbers and burpees hit areas somewhat neglected from what I usually do- I'm feeling some very light soreness now from my body  being challenged to do movements in a way its not used to, without doing too much, too soon, and  to me, that's already a good thing in itself.

Back when Runner's World still had a forum, I noticed whenever a thread like this would come up, it would almost always wind down later on with members trying to outdo, rather than encourage each other, and sooner or later, you'd see participants posting on the injuries thread... 😏

During one SCSM expo, I came across some of the 3:30 marathon pacers. I said "I'd love to run with you guys, but you're simply TOO fast for me".

I'm a slow runner. I started this year (2020) with a goal of getting from doing 4:30+ to 4:50+ marathons to at least 4:00 to 4:25 (that's still slow, I know 😅 but its what's realistic and achievable for me) but I shelved that.  Not because races were cancelled, but simply because intense training would not be a wise thing to do with an active pandemic going on. I've re-calibrated my goals to try to keep my immune system functioning at 100%, rather than wear it down for a race that may or may not happen anyway. 

It's like what the village elder said in the film Seven Samurai: "Why worry about your beard, when your head might be chopped off?" 😜

Posted (edited)

yo, Covid-19 Warrior Challengers, Wannabees...uncle is back...

Reflection: Ultra! Run...5 months ago...40K

sgrunners.com-Ultra-Runs-page-001.jpg

sgrunners.com-Ultra-Runs-page-004.jpg

sgrunners.com-Ultra-Runs-page-005.jpg

Today, managed only to "break the Covid-19 wall" at 18K...due to the weather (the sun is so hot with no clouds)...and of course, uncle's athletic fitness basically is not really there 5 months ago...

Many things had happened since then...and now...Covid-19..

Changi Lodge 2...80 Tanah Merah Coast Road...dormitory infection...close to the ECP (Tenah Merah Canal)...

changi-lodge-2.jpg

Singapore's Changi Airport T2...no plane arrival and departure...so quiet..

changi-airport-T2.jpg

Changi Exhibition Centre...a community isolation facility...secured and barricaded...

changi-exhibition-centre.jpg

Changi Beach is closed...carparks are closed too...

changi-beach.jpg

SHN.jpg

Construction at Terminal 5 is suspended...

Terminal5.md.jpg

so no trucks are seen like last time...so many until uncle complained about "pollution"....well this time, no plane, no trucks, lot of cyclists....

Definitely, runner who challenged to run here...at least need 3-5km just to "run-in" (either from Changi Village or ECP Bedok Underpass at Upper East Coast Road) just for a route of 15km without any facilities - washroom and hydration - only cyclists...

Completely, exhausted, after Brutal HIIT....this one is definitely a real Covid-19 Challenge...18K (LSD)...  

Edited by kohpapa

5 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Either way, I'll still complete the 30 day micro HIIT because I've noticed the mountain climbers and burpees hit areas somewhat neglected from what I usually do- I'm feeling some very light soreness now from my body  being challenged to do movements in a way its not used to, without doing too much, too soon, and  to me, that's already a good thing in itself.

Back when Runner's World still had a forum, I noticed whenever a thread like this would come up, it would almost always wind down later on with members trying to outdo, rather than encourage each other, and sooner or later, you'd see participants posting on the injuries thread... 😏

no worry...just stay active..both intensity (quick) and duration (slow)...there is no competition here...just sharing what you have done..and if you can do outdoor...share with us...pictures or stories...uncle already has so many stories...only things left are "ghostly encounters in runs"...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, thelonelyrunner said:

welcome our founder, for without your presence and contribution, there wouldn't be US...in sgRunners.

Join us on Beginning of Week 3...we go by Date (Day)...since Day 1 is May 1st (officially)...so maybe those who want to be "in"...try-out from 15 onwards...since most will be "relieved" from WFH or WFO on Week 2 Weekend...

Yes, all must be physically challenged, because, you are like back to Covid-19 Running BootCamp, and when uncle was SG Coach, really, all trainees begged uncle for More, why, they want to see Uncle demo More, so they can do Less...wonder why they like to hear More of uncle's grandpa and grandma stories.

Lead By Example...let's start with 10K run...shall we...<Disappear>. 😷

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, wwwlimlim said:

OhMyGod, 50 PushUp.

@kohpapa, can share how to train? 

Let you choose, which one you want to do it right?

uncle do quick quick...focus not so much on because need to improve the upper body...just to get to 50 pushups (standard SAF - tummy must tug-in and not touch floor)...50 situps..also fast fast...50 lift ups...lift lift heave heave...so uncle can go Hi!5 Run (Essential).

Don't worry about so much the techniques of do it right...because push ups are essential for Burpees for the Micro HIIT or Brutal HITT Ladder Descending Workout..push up position, both legs stretch out like Frog, both hands jump up and reach as high to the sky, then repeat...that one also must do fast fast...and can rest more more..20mins..60s no rest - 50s with 10s rest - 40s with 20s rest - then do Hi!5 Run...chong hill, run flat ground, hybid flat ground, chong hill and flat ground...

Keeping yourself active with quickness in reflexes and then run slow and long, and fast. Intensity (HITT) and Duration (LSD - Slow and PACE - Fast)...that is what Covid-19 Challenges offer to all...not competition, there is no race, no medal, no finisher tee...it is simply about When You First Want to Run - isn't this about Burn Fat, Stay Fit and Stay Healthy, Stay Injury Free and Stay Covid-19 Free? 😷

Edited by kohpapa

20 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Guys, I'm just adding the micro HIIT + the leg lifts on top of what I'm already doing. 
It's not my main workout.

They said it was OK if some of us weren't doing the whole program/challenge so I added my input to the chart. 🤭

If that is the US version of Runners World, found them to be pretty unpleasant - competitive, arrogant, and certainly unsupportive.  For me like seeing others doing activity regardless of the number of push ups, etc they can do. We are all starting at different bases. Added in a target so that we can set ourselves a goal to achieve and that target becomes our medal :)  The more you and @KohPapa talk about HIIT workout..... I know I will be doing a session soon :D

AS for the perfect push up, my head touches the floor 😛  (Oh well) however the exercises have been helping me to carry a number of large bags of building materials (Sand, Rubble, Concrete) x 20kg each. Happy to say my back has held out well.

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, thelonelyrunner said:

No lah, can start any time. You choose what you want to achieve. It would be an honor to have you join us :) Will add your name to all sections and you can pick and choose which ones you want to do. @wwwlimlim - I will add you to the push ups and you can target for 50 pushups by the end of the month and you can do more OMGs 😜 

Edited by Lady Ice
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

AS for the perfect push up, my head touches the floor 😛  (Oh well) however the exercises have been helping me to carry a number of large bags of building materials (Sand, Rubble, Concrete) x 20kg each. Happy to say my back has held out well.

hope your back is holding well! push up position ready! 🕓 20min HIIT...push-up, burpee, sit up, leg-raise...carry 2 of large bags (buckets) of building materials (Sand, Rubble, Concrete) x 20kg each...5K Run with them...heave heave heave, you can do it...no drop Concrete...faster...faster...pace below 5....you can do it...

our pioneer migrant workforce that built Singapore in the last 50 years...the samsui women daily tasks...

samsui.jpg

mothership.sg-i-classnon-deleteSamsuii-w

Edited by kohpapa

I am also late for the challenge. Keep up the good work of keeping fit guys!

4 hours ago, beast said:

I am also late for the challenge. Keep up the good work of keeping fit guys!

Not late. Just in time. Which challenge would you like to do or would you like to set us further challenges?  Just put your name down in the respective sheet or create a new one with a new challenge. Come come

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Not late. Just in time. Which challenge would you like to do or would you like to set us further challenges?  Just put your name down in the respective sheet or create a new one with a new challenge. Come come

you can start anytime...how...for those who miss Day 1 of 30-day: 

• Start on Day 1
  • Start from Day 11 (use that as Date of the May calendar) 11/5

2e483111eab36ecdc.jpg

How do you set your goal?

• Test (intial), after 10-day (progressive), Test (next)

Say, Week 2, Pushup in for Day 11-20, Test (60) is what was input from first 10-day.

How do you do HIIT?

• Make sure you are in an open space. Better if you are in Air-con or Fan-On, with Towels and Cleaning materials to mop up your sweat (Indoor). Guarantee - 1min, you shall be sweating hard. Uncle do this Outdoor.
  • HIIT Challenges is based on Intensive Workwork Time and Rest. Brutal HIIT Ladder (Descending) is Do More (Fast) with No Rest, then Do Lesser (Fast) with More Rest, so that you can really Breath More Oxygen because of Lactic Acid build-up. HITT is anaerobic workout meaning Exercise with Power on limited Oxygen. This is like wearing Training Mask while in Running (simulation of High Ground Elevation like Mountain or High Hill)
  • Structure your HIIT not based on Repeat Session, but how much time you want to achieve. 1 Session = 20min.

35288e02fb330b50e.jpg

Why Hi!5 Run After Challenge?

• As explained in previous post, hybrid of both Intensive (short - Anaerobic) and Duration (long and endurance - Aerobic) is a  great formula for working folks - how to maximize the best of both Workouts for better Running (Power and Endurance) - Peak Performance. 
  • Duration in Run (LSD and PACE). LSD (long and Relax), Pace (with the purpose of Peak Performance). If you do not want to time, then it doesn't matter, because we are here for exercise and not for Race (since there is none anyway). Set the Goal and Reach the Goal (Use the 10-day Test column as Motivation Guide).

12329ca5e35f1adb9.jpg

Where to Run? Choice is to Exercise (Run) Neighbourhood Always, but if you can be endured to stretch a little further, if there is a route that can connect closer to your neighbourhood...Park or PCN...

Advise: Make sure, Mask Up Always if you Exercise (Walk), for Others' sack. When heading to the Neighbourhood (with Mask), Hydration and Nutrition are Essentials. Buy but do not consume (for you are not allowed under CB). You are supposed to bring to home.  Of course, no one will stop you from consuming alone while journey home, as long as you don't stop and sit in any public place (again, you are not allowed) where you are visible. 

Suggestion, if all can just use this Doc Sheet as for the Calendar of May, besides being a 30-day schedule. This is a good Exercise Template, Flexi and Convenient and Great Effort from @Lady Ice 👏

Uncle is only waiting till June 1 (when CB SG Ends). We may have a different priority for Exercise (Home or Outdoor), Restrictive Rules of "What We Must Not Do" from our Normal Daily Pre-Covid 19 Days after that. 

However, please take this as a useful Exercise (Covid-19) Guide, for we will still be under Covid-19 period until WHO said so or when we have a Vaccine for All. Wearing Mask Always even after June 1. Stay Actively Engaged with Covid-19 Challenges 😷

Edited by kohpapa

Nice summary @kohpapa and thank you for encouraging all.  You are going strong.  @starfinder - see you are will have to create a new target. @RaijinFJ keep going :)  Am struggling to do any more push ups past 30... 31 is always hard!!! Situps and leg raises seems much easier. But maybe cos have been mixing in a 10 minute session with Pop Pilates

Still am to do a HIIT session. Think will have to do Uncle's Brutal HIIT

Posted (edited)

working on new cyber virtual Covid-19 project from Office on weekdays...only able to do Exercise (Outdoor) on weekends...see my activities taper not MIA..

dogde1ae5e4c483bff7.jpg

cute ones don't hack....

A public holiday (25/5) Monday Hari Raya Puasa ....so there will be a long weekend + Monday coming after Day 20...intensify be then...😷

Edited by kohpapa

5 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

@starfinder still going strong. @kohPapa MIA  ;) @RaijinFJ - working?

I can only maintain around the same numbers every time. Lack of discipline to increase according to your tables 😆

14 hours ago, starfinder said:

I can only maintain around the same numbers every time. Lack of discipline to increase according to your tables 😆

Actually from where you started, you're doing well. Am trying to be comfortable with a level and once comfortable am trying to add one or 2 more depending on the exercise

after June 1, most here will be back to work (home-based or alternate day or alternate week), and already in my workplace, implemented track-tracing app (entry and exit)...and this applies to most gov and commercial buildings...including Parks if there are restrictive rules...

in recent days, notice lots of people started to report to essential services including saloon hair cutting, and of course F&B outlets are getting back to normal..

busy activities both in work and social shall soon take uncle away from committing these Challenges workouts, as uncle preferred more on outdoor (exercise - Run and Cycle) and if Swim will soon be "opened", there will be more alternatives to Exercise (Stay Healthy, Stay Strong)...

shall be MIA from this forum after June 1....because real Work and Career takes priority, and lesser time for Exercise...end of 30-day Covid-19 Challenges shall be countdown and be exit...😷