Sign in to follow this  
Lady Ice

Covid 19 Challenges

5 hours ago, starfinder said:

Just filled in¬†ūüėĄ

Yahoo well done. @Kohpapa am a bit slow on the HIIT but am doing 5k runs so will fill in

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Yahoo well done. @Kohpapa am a bit slow on the HIIT but am doing 5k runs so will fill in

5k.jpg

uncle ran 10K Hi5! Run After Challenge with nike zoom fly flyknit, wow cut down by about 5-10% to 5 Pace...

could have done better, maybe if without Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout...Pushups, Burpees, High Knee Spot Runs, Jumping Jack.....body aching like hell...endurance and strength...

These Pace Charts Will Guide Your Race for Every Distance

(info extract - https://www.runnersworld.com/advanced/a20790999/running-times-pace-charts/)

runnersworld-com-These-Pace-Charts-Will-

runnersworld-com-These-Pace-Charts-Will-

what a May Day Weekend...on CB May..

reserving a good rest...just daily Workouts till¬†Vesak Day (7 April, Thursday)..¬†Weekend.....Workouts with Hi5! Runs....cheers to all¬†ūüė∑

Edited by kohpapa

@kohpapa - will aim to do a brutal HIIT workout on Monday :) Have now got my 5K down to 27 minutes and gonna be aiming to get it down to 25 minutes

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

@kohpapa - will aim to do a brutal HIIT workout on Monday :) Have now got my 5K down to 27 minutes and gonna be aiming to get it down to 25 minutes

5K baseline must first be secured - foundation of all aerobic endurance races...great job...but can be improved with brutal HIIT workouts...endurance and strength...all things anaerobic...guarantee to make you sweat for more...full 20minute...

of course, uncle got the advantage of 5km hilly exercise...in all LSD routes...thursday (vesak day - celebration of buddha Enlightening Day)..Day 1 of Week 2...

btw, voluntary contact tracing app with QR scan at NParks for joggers (who want to exercise) because car parks are closed...so uncle registered with local authority app which will identify uncle as a citizen with an unique ID...for contact tracing if it is found that if there are cases of reported Covid-19 at the vicinity which may be buildings, malls, and now Parks and MRT...

need a break...got to WFH..alternate days WFO with my teams...ūüė∑

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

@KohPapa - -do you follow the video?

yes...follow the video...

workout.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

@KohPapa - I will take your lead to inspire me to start :)  BTW what is the Hi!5 ladder?

@StarFinder - great to see you have started in. 

@RaijinFJ - the spreadsheet is waiting for you :D 

How about @lonewolf @beast @medic @AutumnRunner @medic ? How's your training going?  Come join the challenge :D 

Edited by Lady Ice

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

@KohPapa - I will take your lead to inspire me to start :)  BTW what is the Hi!5 ladder?

How about @lonewolf @beast @medic @AutumnRunner @medic ? How's your training going?  Come join the challenge :D 

just a name...Hi!5 Run After Challenge

why2483188d2e4d5743.jpg

Hi!5...from Runner's High...5 is 5K Baseline Run..which you just did..."I need to ramp up my 5K run to 25mins"...meaning get your running Pace to 5...and 4.5 next week...4 by the end of the month...

of course, I did a 10K baseline Run today...Hi!5 pace is 5..but must go down...LSD at 15K my intial test, but Target 40K by end of May (30 day)...

meaning if there should be Sundown Marathon end of the month, I should be ready for the challenge (but it is cancelled)...so, that is why, I am running my baseline of 10K at ECP...because full ECP route is 10K...Amber Beacon tower at East Coast Park to Tenah Merah Canal is 10K...10K baseline Run

amber-tower.jpg canal.jpg

uncle was inspired with this anaerobic and aerobic combo method of training from this mentor...

coach.jpg

whom when uncle was SG Coach (Athletics) - retired...then was inspired by what is anaerobic and aerobic respiration from his deep thoughts and sharing...

Just do this Covid-19 Challenge, you shall see tremendous strength and endurance prowess soon...concurrently with Hi!5 Run After Challenge...

Don't let Covid-19 restrictions beat you in destroying your many years of maintaining that 5K Baselines..once you lose it..it will be difficult to up your "better running" due to aging, weight gain, soon low tolerance for anything "endurance", and give up for anything that speed up for "anerobic" activities...simply, you have been made "inactive" because of Covid-19.

just-do-it.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Ahh so you just run any distance after the challenge and measure your time. So need to add that into the spreadsheet :)

Posted (edited)

It is not necessary for fill-in time for Hi!5 Run After Challenge, just Distances with reasons:

• Depending on the Challenges that undertaken before Run. How do you justify, if you only did 0¬†sit up, 0¬†push up, 0¬†leg raise, with no Brutal HIIT workout, 5K run Pace, would you be able to Run slower than uncle who did 30 sit ups, 30 push ups, 30 leg raise, 10min Brutal HIIT workout, and 10K run?
  • The Distances reflected is only on LSD (slow) and 5K/10K Fast Run¬†after Challenges (no rules on what must be the Challenges you must take for minimal baseline)

Importantly, the Covid-19 Challenge  started out only with Anaerobic Challenges because you have a Restriction on Home-based Workouts. Uncle, has no Home-based restriction, but can have varied Outdoor Exercise with a defined Exercise Route (which is more than 40K). Some more I have Hilly Run Routes which cannot compare to Road Run Routes (timing).

Keep it sweet and simple.¬†Everyone here is given an opportunity to participate on¬†¬†"Just Do What is One's Best" to beat Covid-19 Restrictions. Let us just show our simple progression status, that' all.¬†ūüė∑

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

Today was a run day for me. I did an hour jogging inside the house (bummer)¬†ūüė© , then did 1 hour on the spin bike.
I'll combine the HIIT + leg lifts¬†with my weight sessions tom.¬†ūüėČ

A bit of caution working out too hard while this virus is still going around though. There are no race events anyway. If you ask me, the main goal for the meantime is to keep the immune system at 100%. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/health-wellness/2020/04/30/coronavirus-dont-exercise-too-much-during-quarantine-heres-why/3048034001/

It's true. When my total weekly mileages would go over 60+kms a week, I did notice that I got colds more often, even if I took Redoxon everyday... 

Edited by RaijinFJ
corrected spelling errors

Hey @RaijinFJ - look forward to seeing your progress. Think you should focus on the HIITs to improve. Join @kohpapa

@stargazer - come come and play :) have added your name :) 

@RaijinFJ, you are definitely "Spartan" in this Covid-19 Challenge, taking on Duathlon (Run and Cycle) activities with Anerobic Workouts.

@stargazer, you have a "Spartan" event in November, so strengthening of upper body activities such as heaving of huge tyres or climbing of ropes can be added...do push up with dumbbells

spartan-com-10-Best-Exercises-to-Train-f

if need Tyres, can get @Lady Ice¬†for spares...ūüė∑

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

...wah saying am fat izzit?

yolo...sleep can wait here...

have some of your "spare" tyres from run for our spartans warriors of Covid-19...burn fat..build muscle mess...with anerobic workouts..build strength...

uncle ready for Day 5...lol

Edited by kohpapa

6 hours ago, kohpapa said:

@stargazer, you have a "Spartan" event in November, so strengthening of upper body activities such as heaving of huge tyres or climbing of ropes can be added...do push up with dumbbells

Uncle, I probably wouldn't be taking part in this Nov's Spartan Race. They don't have Super. Have been doing Sprint for the past years and looking forward to doing a Super.

@Lady Ice I did my strength training routine today, and even though I was tired already, as a good soldier, I added:

• ¬†2 x 15 leg lifts today; and
  • Day 1 of the micro HIIT¬†ūü§≠¬†

I plan on taking this on slowly and conservatively. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RaijinFJ said:

I did my strength training routine today, and even though I was tired already, as a good soldier, I added:

• ¬†2 x 15 leg lifts today; and
  • Day 1 of the micro HIIT¬†ūü§≠¬†

I plan on taking this on slowly and conservatively. 

thought you chicken out with no info on your progressive updates...

home-based, full of hot air release from your sweat...which is both carbon and ...your know right?...the chemical compund that starts with the letter A... 

urine.png

hope you do a good clean up after Exercise (Home)...drink lots of water...pleeze wash hands after Flashing...the chemical compund that starts with the letter U...¬†with Santizers ok... stay safe, stay healthy, stay exercise (home-based).. with Covid-19 Challenges..ūüė∑

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, starfinder said:

Uncle, I probably wouldn't be taking part in this Nov's Spartan Race. They don't have Super. Have been doing Sprint for the past years and looking forward to doing a Super.

So, you need an upgraded Training Plan...for next time..

super.jpg

uncle likes the mud part, not the training...

planning to run this one...after CB Sg and bring mud (swarmy terrain) for you if you need to prepare "Super" Spartan..

sungei.jpg

lots of iguanas and birds...saw cobra and crocs before on trail runs...watch what you step...warning...in the dark..ūüė∑

Edited by kohpapa

On 5/3/2020 at 6:52 PM, Lady Ice said:

i have added in more time to workout at home and less time running outside... even when i run outside, i will run at odd hours where most people will not think/consider of running such as during lunch time (either hot sun or raining) or 5am run.. 

1 hour ago, AutumnRunner said:

i have added in more time to workout at home and less time running outside... even when i run outside, i will run at odd hours where most people will not think/consider of running such as during lunch time (either hot sun or raining) or 5am run.. 

For me on the contrary, I run more now. Have decided to run short distances (< 5 km) but target at faster pace.  

Posted (edited)

Done with day 2 of micro HIIT + my run¬†ūüėČ
Modified day 2 of the micro HIIT program to 45 sec per set with only 15 sec rests.

It's been really hot up¬†here lately (37C)¬†ūü•Ķ¬†and it really makes one sluggish!

Edited by RaijinFJ

23 hours ago, kohpapa said:

hope you do a good clean up after Exercise (Home)...

Don't worry, after I work out I also do additional cross training... its called housework! 

You can play the¬†"I Want to Break Free" music video¬†of Queen again¬†ūü§£¬†ūü§£¬†ūü§£

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Done with day 2 of micro HIIT + my run¬†ūüėČ
Modified day 2 of the micro HIIT program to 45 sec per set with only 15 sec rests.

It's been really hot up¬†here lately (37C)¬†ūü•Ķ¬†and it really makes one sluggish!

wha...you are the only one doing micro HIIT...respect...that one shall sweat alot...

input.jpg

on your input...we follow the start day May 1 as Day 1...and here we have past 6th of May...meaning you should have done on Day 5, not 2nd Day of micro HIIT 30-day challenge...

Assuming you going to take a day-off...then how?

you can look at Hi!5 Run After Challenge

HiRun.jpg

Get a better idea...when is our Day 1 - 1st May...and in next 14 hours...shall be doing my Day 7 Run (after challenge)....either LSD or 5K (Pace)...which @Lady Ice has said, "Put your timing also..." which uncle has said, 5K or 10K (Pace) will be in the ball park of 5 min/K or less...meaning if you are 4++ hours in Marathon...should be 3.5min/K-4.5min/K Pace...

Need to carbo-protein-zinc up for Day 7 which is a public holiday here...depending on the weather....humid and wetter in recent days...

Day 7 - weather forecast...

weather.jpg

yes, will plan a long LSD..18K - 21K...flat....hilly parks too wet/soggy in recent days...after 20min Brutal HITT Workout...ECP - Changi Beach..mask up after run...

Target after 30-day is 40K...so, this should be half-way motivation...18K-21K...which is Test after Week 2 or 14-day...taking the best (Pace) and longest distance (LSD).

Hope this will motivate you on Covid-19 Challenges..Set a Goal and Reach that Goal Always...

Edited by kohpapa

On 5/5/2020 at 2:00 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Nice. Feel free to log stuff and put in a challenge here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14-Vqrs_cr908O_4PpvAcHN2qDJNKkNygfHzg5S1kluI/edit#gid=1543600225