Sign in to follow this  
Lady Ice

Covid 19 Challenges

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Was wondering if you all want to do an sgrunners challenge? The focus is on core work

E.g. Complete 500 pushups in the month or 1000 situps etc

I could create a google sheet that you can add your name and how many activities you want to achieve for the month

Whaddya think?

Honestly, with the covid outbreak since during mid-January, I must say, most here hadn't been workout mostly aerobic after CNY.

Most races for January were cancelled and they are of merely less than 10km. As such, those who are looking forward to Sundown Marathon run, would have planned to start their training in late February, giving most here need 3 months to ramp up "Marathon-level" fitness by end of May.

Months of agony, will races be postpone, or cancel, or none of the above, only a month ago, when all races are affected by Covid-19 finally reveal its ugly truth, almost all only end up with Circuit Breaker or Lockdown just 1 month ago.

If you are looking for Covid-19 squad, I would say, only uncle and a few die-hards would don't mind taking this challenge.

Considering, this is just anaerobic workout, because outdoor exercise is No Way Out, or restrictive because Stay Home policy must be enforced.

Uncle would be the first one to say...if you could just do this for 20 minutes

brutal-workout.jpg

Repeat 2 more repititions, then continue on with other challenges.

uncle bet that most would be waving for help, and wish they could do aerobic outside instead...can we just run, sweat it out, and get runner's high-5?

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

seriously, if you can get here 5 sgrunners to get started...I very doubt so...

starting now...sit ups for 50 first, pushups and situps,then need to do run 15km...here goes...👌

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

uncle is back, exercise alone and authorized family "grabfood" on foot for breakfast...wet ground but cool...streets, hill, padang, nicoll hyway, sports hub, garden by the bay, padang

take up Covid-19 warrior/spartan squad challenge

1517359a351879537.jpg

docs.google.com-SGRunners-Challenges---G

10km for a cancelled race - Income Eco Run 2020
income-run.md.jpg

5km hilly run as part of Trans-Singapore Ultra! Hilly Run (Fort Canning Hill)

Hill4a59c1518b6fb5e4.jpg

mmm since this is a long May Day weekend...

tomorrow...SCSM run route...West Coast Hyway...yap...Southern Ridges-NUS is there...rain or shine, day or night....CB SgUnited! Exercise in progress...

Can do this Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout before Exercise...

brutal-workout.jpg

hope this one can "shiong one can tahan" (endure) for 20mins, otherwise, can skip run after 20mins...also a good weather, not thunderstorm nor rain...😷

Edited by kohpapa

I can try taking up the challenge for month of May. But will be keen only in the sit-ups, push-ups and leg lift. Is this ok?

Posted (edited)

Hi guys! 😁

I'd like to sign up too, but I do my non-running workouts only every other day... I'm not that young anymore either, so I need the gap days for recovery. It might be a little too hard for me to keep up on a schedule like that 😅  but I'll think about it!

I still jog everyday though, but I log it by total time now instead of distance because it's so hard to keep track of how many laps you did running inside the house 🤪 

By the way, I have something to report too. My friend's marathon in Ontario was cancelled and converted to a virtual race. Although I somewhat agree with what the woman in the Youtube video  said that " You're actually just purchasing a medal" under such circumstances, the organizers in my Canadian friend's race put  a different twist to it. All virtual particpants will also get a loyalty discount of 50% off the registration fee for next year's race.

Not bad actually! If you're a local who participates in that particular race annually anyway, it may be a good deal. Perhaps other organizers could adopt that idea too.

Edited by RaijinFJ

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RaijinFJ said:

Hi guys! 😁

I'd like to sign up too, but I do my non-running workouts only every other day... I'm not that young anymore either, so I need the gap days for recovery. It might be a little too hard for me to keep up on a schedule like that 😅  but I'll think about it!

I still jog everyday though, but I log it by total time now instead of distance because it's so hard to keep track of how many laps you did running inside the house 🤪 

1 hour ago, starfinder said:

I can try taking up the challenge for month of May. But will be keen only in the sit-ups, push-ups and leg lift. Is this ok?

sure, uncle already did day 1...

just grab that shared google file and get @Lady Ice to allow (send her your email) permission for you to edit your daily record...

come on, add Run (aerobic) with your anaerobic workout...1000 push ups, 1000 sit ups, 1000 leg lifts....you mean without run, that can make you Ultra!Virtual runners...

Improve every day with 5 more steps after your day 1...what?..likedat how to reach 1000...add 50 more steps..

and Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout..add 1 session after day 1...OMG...better don't start...otherwise end up having to do 30(-5day rest and recovery) session or 25 sessions of 20-min...8.5 hr of Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout...by end of May...

no wonder, this can be very challenging Brutal Covid-19 Warrior/Spartan...don't play play...don't end up you have been celebrated with finisher journey award...

giphy15eb8c817e063293.gif

btw, that one is to send off Covid-19 CB restriction measures on June 1, 2020...OMG! there is nobody inside that one lah but Covid-19 virus...lol

stay safe, stay strong and stay alive with Covid-19 challenge 😷

Edited by kohpapa

5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

come on, add Run (aerobic) with your anaerobic workout...1000 push ups, 1000 sit ups, 1000 leg lifts....you mean without run, that can make you Ultra!Virtual runners...

Improve every day with 5 more steps after your day 1...what?..likedat how to reach 1000...add 50 more steps..

Yikes. I only want to become a better runner... not apply for the Avengers!!🤣

8 hours ago, starfinder said:

Yes just choose the challenges you want to do and log your progress. Let’s use this thread to encourage one another 😃

8 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Hi guys! 😁

By the way, I have something to report too. My friend's marathon in Ontario was cancelled and converted to a virtual race. Although I somewhat agree with what the woman in the Youtube video  said that " You're actually just purchasing a medal" under such circumstances, the organizers in my Canadian friend's race put  a different twist to it. All virtual particpants will also get a loyalty discount of 50% off the registration fee for next year's race.

Not bad actually! If you're a local who participates in that particular race annually anyway, it may be a good deal. Perhaps other organizers could adopt that idea too.

Follow the link to the Google doc and add your name to what ever challenge you want to try. We can use this thread to encourage each other 😀

Thanks Lady Ice!

Honestly, now that I am working from home, I had found more time to exercise. Not saying I skive at home (LOL) but the time saved in commuting to work means i can commence my exercises right at the moment I switch off my laptop, which would have been the same time I leave from office. Yeah, can finally do my runs with the sun still brightly shinning! 

Posted (edited)

@Lady Ice, can you please allow public to "edit"...you are in "view" on your shared folder which not "shared".to edit...sent you email...to ask permission to edit...

since there are now 3 sgRunners who have responded, can you update the names in the list, thank you.

anyway, starting my day 2...in next hours soon...weather is wet, and cooling...hope can cover longer running distance...like 18km..west coast and hilly run...after 1 set of 20min Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout..

Edited by kohpapa

4 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Yikes. I only want to become a better runner... not apply for the Avengers!!🤣

If you are not becoming a better runner, interested to becoming Transformer?

transformer.jpg

5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

@Lady Ice, can you please allow public to "edit"...you are in "view" on your shared folder which not "shared".to edit...sent you email...to ask permission to edit...

since there are now 3 sgRunners who have responded, can you update the names in the list, thank you.

anyway, starting my day 2...in next hours soon...weather is wet, and cooling...hope can cover longer running distance...like 18km..west coast and hilly run...after 1 set of 20min Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout..

Ohh so sorry - thought I had made it publicly editable..... now done. @starfinder & @RaijinFJ have added you to all sheets..... do what ever ones you want to do :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14-Vqrs_cr908O_4PpvAcHN2qDJNKkNygfHzg5S1kluI/edit?usp=sharing

2 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Ohh so sorry - thought I had made it publicly editable..... now done. @starfinder & @RaijinFJ have added you to all sheets..... do what ever ones you want to do :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14-Vqrs_cr908O_4PpvAcHN2qDJNKkNygfHzg5S1kluI/edit?usp=sharing

Editable with updates, include a challenge sheet "Hi!5 Run After Challenge"..

Starting my Day 2 in 10mins...😷

Posted (edited)

Hahaha! 🤣 As a transformer I’d like to be one that turns into a motorcycle like Brimstone. Given the configuration I’d get to work out my abs (free ab roller) too: 😜

r_brimstone-045.jpg.ea2cf209fd2ed0e74e89dbe27ed62205.jpg

Website source & credit https://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/top-5-best-motorcycle-motorbike-transformers-toys/35590/

@Lady Ice I think I’ll incorporate the micro HIIT to my non-running workouts starting today (tom’s a rest day). It will help “fill in the gaps” not worked out by running. I’ve got more time to work out with this lockdown, but when things reopen, I’m going to have to go back to my usual run routine. It will be hard enough to squeeze in anything else with other responsibilities on hand.😅

Edited by RaijinFJ

Posted (edited)

day 2 of may, uncle is back..

hilly-day-2.jpg

Hilly run from NUS, Southern Ridges (stop at Hort Park, missing Canopy Walk and Henderson Waves because they were closed by NParks), exit to West Coast Hyw, Henderson Road, Jalan Bukit Merah......Padang.

did some added info on this Brutal HIIT Ladder Workout

Brutal.jpg

really sweat it out...so, 1 session is 20-min...and like uncle to run after challenge, 20-min of complete anaerobic workout, definitely will knock out in the endurance run later...

so modify, if you choose to do "intensive" Brutal HIIT Ladder Challenge without the run, do 1.0 session = 20mins

Brutally is really a "knock out", sapping energy (burn fat) from you in torrential sweat until you beg the video to pleeze stop....

Day 3?...maybe Brutally "knock out"  with 0.5 session + 60 Situps + 60 Pushups + 60 Leg Ups...mmm run...ECP... like Sundown Marathon Singapore...with nike zoom fly flyknit

fast6dad63c5804bd619.jpg

dailymail.co.uk-Nike-Vaporfly-running-sh

r_oilslick038.jpg

cheers...Transformer Brimstone....dare you to do Brutal HIIT Ladder Challenge ... 😷

Edited by kohpapa

@RaijinFJ am doing the situps, pushups and leg raises when I wake up so that I can incorporate when life returns to normal. HIIT - will see

@kohpapa - you up way too early for me. Think you already like a wash board ;)

@starfinder - when will you be starting?

Oh I changed one of the columns to "Target" so you can put down what you want to aim for

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

we are on different time zone, and ramandan month is actually daylight saving hours countdown...if you have noticed...rising of sun is getting earlier...and setting of sun is getting later...and that makes fasting month a challenge...

once ramandan (also in late April like this one) while in US, sun rises from 6am...and sets only after 9pm...I actually followed my muslim roommates...observed "break fasting" hours for a month...avoiding non-halah cooking for the sake of respecting the ramandan with my muslim bros and sis...after a month, guess what, when I tasted "char sui" (dyed red roasted poke ), I threw out because it tasted like s***...

newsweek.com-When-is-Ramadan-2020-US-Sta

ramandan.md.jpg

luckily for muslims not at north pole, fasting time there is...

norwaymidnightsun-banner.jpg

"the sun doesn't set. For 24 hours it's in the middle of the sky."...😷

sorry for being a wash board, for it is fasting month once again, day and night, makes no difference to uncle...for muslims to fast and exercise...that is really exercising their faith in such challenging time...respect 👌

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

hahaha. Am a flexi-vegetarian - though eat meat only when I go to my Aunt's. Promised my Uncle on his death bed that I would eat with my Aunt when ever I visited. She doesn't understand vegetarian, so I just eat what ever she wants to provide :)

Am helping my muslim house mate by eating with him when he breaks fast :)

Edited by Lady Ice

Posted (edited)

btw, didn't finish my celebration of ramandan in US with my muslim roomates....celebrate with Ribs...sizzling...hot piping...

Special delivery for uncle (mega upsized)...Ribs...

ah...bro are they Beef Steaks or Beef Ribs...

OMG! check out with Manager...uncle Special Delivery...Ribs...which one..."char sui" smoked with torch and honey glazed one....

sorry bro (delivery)...can you take back and we have Beef Steaks instead....

no problem, you can throw them away...we don't take Refund, against Company Policy...but uncle, you can always ReOrder...Steaks...double check...beef or porky or none of the above, want to try flexi-vegetarian one...😷

Edited by kohpapa

3 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

@RaijinFJ am doing the situps, pushups and leg raises when I wake up so that I can incorporate when life returns to normal. HIIT - will see

@starfinder - when will you be starting?

Just filled in 😄

Posted (edited)

great..set an early goal...

already fill-up my day 3...

so that I just get up...do what I have to do...tomorrow..and complete the goal...

good luck on your day 3...tomorrow...

maybe you can have Hi!5 Run After Challenge as a goal too...be a better runner and a ready Spartan

Edited by kohpapa