SG RED DEVIL

RUN AS ONE SPORE (23 OCT - 01 NOV 2020)

7 hours ago, kohpapa said:

uncle interested to know if Run as One racing app is ready...

app.jpg

this one really track the "designated" routes...

they had just sent an email and mentioned that the app will be available for download latest by Thurs 12pm.... hope it happens...

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

they had just sent an email and mentioned that the app will be available for download latest by Thurs 12pm.... hope it happens...

Hope you enjoy the run bro! 

I may be around that vicinity this weekend. Perhaps can catch some of you in action!

are you ready?

startd052b707f9dee7d1.jpg

running app..

appdf85835d5c726702.jpg

issue...

issue.jpg

WHAT'S NEW:
Improve checkpoint detection and finish detection

please report your experience, thank you.

FAQ (Yes and No)..especially for the all-important finisher medal and T-shirt/singlet...

18ffddd567b492eaa.jpg

29040c44db5bd6060.jpg

audio assistant guided "app" experience...to complete the race... 

finisher.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

that is good infor @kohpapa... so we will hear the guided voice all the way.... let's see how it turns out.... 

i want to try out the app but seemed cant due to the restriction of usage only during the time we mentioned.... i hope there wont be any issues in case one cannot start/use the app...

Edited by AutumnRunner
On 10/23/2020 at 9:04 PM, starfinder said:

I didn't register for this run. Do enjoy and let us know if the app is good! 

The app is good.... it is just like if you are driving a car... the way the GPS works... and as we run past some places of interest, there will be some introduction as well... its quite fun, but i do get lost once a while, unclear if need to cross the bridge or not, so would need to take out my phone and look at the GPS...

3 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

The app is good.... it is just like if you are driving a car... the way the GPS works... and as we run past some places of interest, there will be some introduction as well... its quite fun, but i do get lost once a while, unclear if need to cross the bridge or not, so would need to take out my phone and look at the GPS...

Glad to hear that the app is good!! Can even provide intro on places of interest! 

happy to know that Run as One Spore has delivered a new audio experience for all...

what we techie would say...voicemap application...GPS autoplay when you are specifically in a location identified by apps GPS locator...however, silence if you are out of "location"...that is why you must always on the move...and not to "stop" such as to snap pictures...

however, this voicemap features need to be subscribed...because it is location specific...and pre-recording has been done and must be paid as a service...

the race organizer must "factored-in" the subscribed fee for the audio-tour guide...so it is not FOC...generally as a corporate rate..so the cost is affordable...

will future virtual race with designated route with audio-features be a norm...

of course, yes, because you will need to add in audio-feature for listening to Virtual Crowd Cheering, and of course for Overseas Participants who are remotely engaged in Virtual Activity also wants a taste of Singapore Marina Bay Virtual Tour...

and yes, in case you need to have contacts from your Virtual Participants and Virtual Supporters..these enriched audio features will be added...of course, SCSM Virtual Race already factored these features....TCS (Tata Consultancy Service)...look forward...

all these audio-enable features are part of the Entry Fee for Virtual Race...the more "Augmented Reality".. than pay and pay...nothing is FOC...

Only when after paying and when you Virtual Race your press "Start" and "Finished"...enjoy your GPS-enabled tour...thank you..see you at the next Virtual Race...

how i wish i can run a 2nd time to enjoy the race...paylah! at the next race...then enjoy lah!😀

As kohpapa has pointed out, it is costly to do a guided run like this with the need to create a separate app for it. Which is why this run is more expensive than the other virtual runs.

And this will not be the new normal because not everyone is OK with the price tag, or want to download 10 different apps for 10 different virtual runs. People rather just run simple.

• Like 1
On 10/28/2020 at 6:27 PM, beast said:

As kohpapa has pointed out, it is costly to do a guided run like this with the need to create a separate app for it. Which is why this run is more expensive than the other virtual runs.

And this will not be the new normal because not everyone is OK with the price tag, or want to download 10 different apps for 10 different virtual runs. People rather just run simple.

agree... i have my own reservation as well.... now i am thinking if SCSM virtual races for the grand finale will be like this - guided audio GPS...