Sign in to follow this  
SG RED DEVIL

CSC RUN BY THE BAY 2020 - 10 OCT (SAT)

Date: 10 October 2020 (Sat)

Venue: Gardens by the Bay

Distance: 21.1KM, 12.8KM, 6KM, 1.28KM (For kids to 12 years old) & Team of 4 (4 Runners doing 12.8KM each)

COT:  4Hrs for 21.1KM, 2Hrs 45Min for 12.8KM & 1Hr 45Min for 6KM

FB: https://www.facebook.com/CSCRun/

Registration: https://metasportevents.net/2020-cscrunbythebay/select_competition

REPC: 02 & 03 Oct 2020 @ CSC Tessensohn Clubhouse Level4

image.thumb.png.e782b688e7f7dcc994f6fbc2b7fb4a10.png

Edited by SG RED DEVIL

$5 inflation. An expensive race gets more expensive. $70/$80/$85 for the HM is even more expensive than 2XU Compression Run. 

It was one of my streak races until I decided to give it up last year because of the inflated race fee. If there was no reason to join when it was $65, there's probably even less reason to join now that it's $70.

On 2/20/2020 at 1:01 PM, lonewolf said:

$5 inflation. An expensive race gets more expensive. $70/$80/$85 for the HM is even more expensive than 2XU Compression Run. 

It was one of my streak races until I decided to give it up last year because of the inflated race fee. If there was no reason to join when it was $65, there's probably even less reason to join now that it's $70.

I remember how this used to be one of the cheapest 10km run many years back. Now it has became one of the most expensive.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, beast said:

I remember how this used to be one of the cheapest 10km run many years back. Now it has became one of the most expensive.

It was probably cheap previously because maybe CSC organised the event in-house.

Since 2018, they have out-sourced the race organisation to MetaSports. That was also the year they shifted the race from morning to evening. And also when the race fee increased sharply (mostly because they add in items most do not find useful). 

Luckily, they also stopped giving out ELM medals, else it would have been a more difficult decision to give up the streak. :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

47 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Luckily, they also stopped giving out ELM medals, else it would have been a more difficult decision to give up the streak. :crazysmile:

Subtitle: thank you for letting me make decision much easier...... 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

Subtitle: thank you for letting me make decision much easier...... 🤣🤣🤣

Always happy to be of service to a fellow runners. :punk:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this