Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

HomeTeamNS Real Run 2020 - 03 Oct (Sat)

On 2/8/2020 at 3:55 PM, AutumnRunner said:

A race which i enjoy when it was at the Changi Coastal Road area with four different terrains to run in... 

I remembered we argued about this before but ... what are the four terrains again?

I recalled it being only 3: Tarmac (Road), Trail and Sand.

7 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Four terrains? Hmmmm......

Was it?

1. Road, trail, sand, footpath; or

2. Road, trail, sand, runway

🤔

2011 REAL Run @ Changi Exhibition. For the first time – 21 km race route. First multi-terrain half-marathon locally

asiaone.com-Singaporean-inaugural-winner

asiaone.com-Singaporean-inaugural-winner

answer - taxiway, road, sand and trail

note: taxiway - a route along which an aircraft can taxi when moving to or from a runway

Edited by kohpapa

Almost 2 months ago before the end of 2019, uncle had an Ultra! Run:

Tampines JC (Tampine PC) >>> Loyang PCN >>> Changi Village >>>Changi Beach Park >>> Changi Coast Road >>>Tenah Merah Coast Road>>>ECP>>>Marina Barrage 

Remembrance: Sundown Ultramarathon Routes

The (Old) Changi Coast Road used to be an eventful route for many races - past editions of Sundown Marathon which then started from Changi Exhibition Centre. Also, most of the Bike and Run of Triathlons were held here.

Changi-Exhibition-Centre.jpg

2011 REAL Run @ Changi Exhibition had its Road/Taxiway Run, meaning at the Start Point (Taxiway already).

route45c512d693c743c6.jpg

Of course, the Taxiway did not imply Runway 1 or Runway 2 (Changi Terminal 1, 2 and 3)

beach781faa7c7f06f118.jpg

Old Changi Coast Road, Aviation Park Road and Changi Exhibition Centre remembered. Fast forward...

widened51f487d5a19c015c.jpg

today, there is a New Tenah Merah Coast Beach..for windsurfing and kitesurfing....many had entered illegally to "State Land - You will be Arrested for Trespassing" warning boards, vehicles entered to the coastal beaches.

kitesurfinga8c3177ce0a22de9.jpg

Yes, if ever there is such a multi-terrain-ed route again: Run Trail (plenty of coastal routes with "State Land" boards), Run Sand (plenty), Run Road (Tenah Merah Coast Road - 14KM + stretch with no amenities), Run Taxiway 3 (at Future Terminal 5).

Meanwhile, uncle is happy "surfing" kite @ Aloha Tenah Merah Coast Beach.

Edited by kohpapa

Thanks Kohpapa. Totally forgotten about the Taxiway at the start/end point.

Miss running that route at Changi Exhibition Centre with the different terrains. Hope somebody bring it back someday.

Taxiway - I always remeber it as runway. 

I miss that mini beach sand. A break from hard ground!

But hot sia for slow joggers like me by the time I reach the sand part 😆

On 2/10/2020 at 11:41 AM, beast said:

I remembered we argued about this before but ... what are the four terrains again?

I recalled it being only 3: Tarmac (Road), Trail and Sand.

Thanks @kohpapafor explaining that it is taxiway, road, sand and trail... 

On 2/20/2020 at 10:39 PM, kcslchin said:

Taxiway - I always remeber it as runway. 

I miss that mini beach sand. A break from hard ground!

But hot sia for slow joggers like me by the time I reach the sand part 😆

Wah... always struggle at the sand part... and it was 1.5km long... very tough... many were walking...