lonewolf

COVID-19 and its impact on Races

4 hours ago, kohpapa said:

upcoming Japan Marathon events 2020/2021....

I think MyBestRun should give more details like whether the run is holding a virtual edition instead or not...

Personally I don't consider the event cancelled if it has turned into a virtual run... in the record books it will still be listed as the event being held, just not in the usual mass format...

39 minutes ago, beast said:

I think MyBestRun should give more details like whether the run is holding a virtual edition instead or not...

Personally I don't consider the event cancelled if it has turned into a virtual run... in the record books it will still be listed as the event being held, just not in the usual mass format...

uncle follows MyBestRuns...on their Best Upcoming Races...

updated.jpg

and Most Popular 200 Races

updatedf6ba0bfdedd41a25.jpg

for most updates...including events scheduled in 2021...

Edited by kohpapa
1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

Lausanne Marathon (Oct 25) cancelled faced with resurgence of coronavirus cases...

And rightly so! If you look atthe number of new cases in some European countries, its been in the thousands these past few days. To make things worse, Winter's just around the corner.

I'm so envious of you guys there with only 105 active cases. 👍👍👍 If people don't get careless, I'm pretty sure you guys will do alright. I wonder how @Lady Ice is doing over there in the UK? Looks like she's been quite busy and MIA lately...

Participants to take rapid Covid-19 tests before some mass events in Singapore...

straitstimes.com-Participants-to-take-ra

Covid-19 vaccination in Singapore likely to be rolled out from 2021...

straitstimes.com-Covid-19-vaccination-in

A Glimpse of Circuit Breaker Phase 3...TBA

cb79916f96b1efa4a8.md.jpg

MICE.jpg

MICE9a30480a8bd23614.jpg

Mandatory TraceTogether check-ins from end-December...

tokend9364ac429461b53.jpg

straitstimes.com-TraceTogether-check-ins

straitstimes.com-TraceTogether-check-ins

token.md.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Asia becomes second region to exceed 10 million coronavirus...

news.trust.org-Asia-becomes-second-regio

Myanmar - Southeast Asia...in second wave...

Malaysia - breaks daily Covid-19 record...

malaymail.com-Malaysia-breaks-daily-Covi

In case you have not been updated...

postpone.jpg

postponed.png

SC HK Marathon will be postponed in 2021 because of Covid-19...until further notice...

Japan - 3rd Major Race of 2021...cancelled...must be postponed for 1 year...

japanrunningnews.blogspot.com-2021-Kagaw

Edited by kohpapa
52 minutes ago, beast said:

Taiwan Air Half Marathon held over last weekend.

Looks like they already went back to pre-covid status with no masks and safe distancing...

Article in Mandarin with photos of the crowd:

https://tw.sports.yahoo.com/news/路跑-長榮航空半程馬-半馬曹純玉-10k謝千鶴3連霸-214821220.html

wwow..... i rem they are advertising for their Standard Chartered Taiwan next yr as well....

On 10/24/2020 at 11:20 AM, RaijinFJ said:

And rightly so! If you look atthe number of new cases in some European countries, its been in the thousands these past few days. To make things worse, Winter's just around the corner.

I'm so envious of you guys there with only 105 active cases. 👍👍👍 If people don't get careless, I'm pretty sure you guys will do alright. I wonder how @Lady Ice is doing over there in the UK? Looks like she's been quite busy and MIA lately...

Hey Thanks @RaijinFJ - really excellent really busy. Just making sure the virtual events round the world have my input LOL..... so have been talking to the organisers and added my 2 cents to how the virtualisations can be made better. Looking forward to see how the AR will work for SCSM.  At the same time as working am trying to circumvent the potential destruction of the Clementi Forest in Singapore to have greater consideration (https://mothership.sg/2020/10/clementi-forest/) Understand about the towns in the forest but destroying an entire forest to "create" a forest will mean the death of millions of animal lives in that section of untouched forest in Singapore and a loss of species. Am pretty upset that the govt has not protected it. Otherwise how can we say to Brazil and Indonesia they must protect their forests? Singapore says they will plant a million trees, but planting a million trees and destroying a forest.... yah yah I know need housing for an expanding population but there are other places.....like on the Green Corridor as they have already destroyed parts of the forest there to make it look more like a cultivated garden.

Also have got involved with local government in the UK to develop proper cycling and walking infrastructure. So have learned a lot. Have been trying to share that knowledge with LTA that they need to make some tweaks to their plans and ensure they consider that bicycles should be treated as vehicles and not as pedestrians otherwise those shiny cycling paths are useless if cyclist have to stop at every minor road as well as try to maneuver right angle paths!  Already tested some out last year. Needs more tweaking. 

Then of course there is leading a couple of eco-groups within the community. Haize - need to do less and get more people taking responsibility. Let's run SCSM :) 

The article is simply promoting Asics and its Ekiden race. It doesn't really discuss virtual races and what makes the author believe they are the future of running.

I think its best not to derive any ludicrous thoughts or conclusions just by reading the sensational headlines...

Edited by beast