Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

COVID-19 and its impact on Races

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 2:16 PM, kohpapa said:

SARS, You get it, you know it. Constant high fever.

COVID 19 is asymmetric spread...those who don't think they have it, carry it around for 2 weeks, infect everybody.. last stage when they get it, they technically only has 2 weeks of life remained if left untreated.

Yes, Covid-19 is spread easily, because no one including yourself really know if you already have it or no? The only way is ALL gets tested and  ALL get vaccinated.

Coronavirus may never go away: WHO

(info : https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/covid19-coronavirus-who-go-away-12729420)

channelnewsasia.com-Coronavirus-may-neve

channelnewsasia.com-Coronavirus-may-neve

unknown and unofficial...hearsay...

stablise -> mid-May (after may 12)
kosong -> sept
comeback -> dec 1 - 20

will know in the future till end of 2020...😷

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

New Covid-19 test kit deployed at all S’pore checkpoints detects its first imported case

(info - https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/new-covid-19-test-kit-deployed-all-spore-checkpoints-detects-its-first-imported-case)

todayonline.com-New-Covid-19-test-kit-de

todayonline.com-New-Covid-19-test-kit-de

All pre-school staff to take Covid-19 swab test before centres reopen

(info - https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/education/all-pre-school-staff-to-take-covid-19-swab-test-before-centres-reopen)

straitstimes.com-All-pre-school-staff-to

Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Sports Events Around the World

(info extracted - https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/05/14/sports/skiing/14reuters-health-coronavirus-sport.html)

nytimes.com-Impact-of-COVID-19-Pandemic-

Singapore reports 793 new COVID-19 cases, taking total to 26,891

(CNA News)

Singapore reported 793 new COVID-19 cases as of noon on Friday (May 15), taking the country's total to 26,891. 

The vast majority of these cases are work permit holders residing in foreign worker dormitories, said the Ministry of Health (MOH) in its preliminary daily update. 

Of the new cases, one is a Singaporean or permanent resident.

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, starfinder said:

I do see ppl jogging with masks on, though they are in minority.

So, you’re getting into running during a pandemic. Here’s what you need to know.

(info - https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/2020/05/10/running-wear-mask-outdoor-exercise/)

washingtonpost.com-So-youre-getting-into

Should you wear a mask when you run?...The World Health Organization reports that the virus that causes covid-19 can be spread when an infected person coughs or sneezes, sending droplets into the air that eventually fall to the ground...smaller particles containing the virus can remain suspended in the air....travel farther than just six feet...10 feet is safer...concern that with every labored breath (runners who have the virus release infectious particles into the air around them)....recommended wearing a a face mask of tightly woven fabric....

mask50e5c263e3f935e9.md.jpg

Personal experience: if no wear mask on Exercise (Run), safe distancing of 3 metres (10 feet), wear mask immediately when not in Exercise (Run)...

Seen many using Exercise (Brisk Walk/Jog) for not having to wear mask, as long as keep safe distancing of 3 meters (10 feet), acceptable, but many really don't, just want to meet up or gather as social group like family actually for Exercise, and not Exercise Alone.

Seen even 3 generation members, Outdoor at Park "Exercise" and no wear mask and take Selfies, maybe just for a Family Reunion of different households. As long as stay 3 metres away from them, and what they do for "Exercise" is their personal social distancing, safe distaince and social responsibility.

Wear mask (Exercise) is to protect others and self (minority) is great, and majority that no wear mask (Exercise) is to make sure safe distancing of 3 meters (10 feet)...and wear mask always after Exercise...during CB SG Covid 19...and may have to after that...just wait for updates...restrictive outbreak measures rules.

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

It's time for another episode of The Amazing COVID-19 Barchart Race. :crazysmile:

I'm dropping Hong Kong, Taiwan and Australia and have added India, Bangladesh and Pakistan. Those are the 3 countries with the highest number of cases in Asia (excluding China and the Middle Eastern countries) 

I decided to have a little fun and added some additional elements to the video. Pls don't take it too seriously. I know the pandemic is deadly serious and no laughing matter. It's a race that really no country want to win (as far as the no of infection cases goes). 

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy the video. 

And here is another video that I put together for the Top 10 Countries with COVID-19 Deaths. It's crazy that China is not even in the Top 10. And I think they have not been for at least a month now. 

Edited by lonewolf

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 10:59 PM, kohpapa said:

Don't play play....runner kena hacked during night run at neighbourhood...

Resident heard murder victim's cries for help

dark.jpg

A moment of silence for our brother lost-in-run. RIP 😷

Punggol Field death: 20-year-old man arrested, to be charged with murder

(info - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/punggol-field-murder-suspect-arrested-police-12738942)

channelnewsasia.com-Punggol-Field-death-

Latest (straits times sg)...

straitstimes.com-Punggol-Field-death-20-

Edited by kohpapa

Expected Safra Run to be cancelled, but still feel disappointed somehow. Last year didn't have, this year also. A 2 years vacuum.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:07 AM, lonewolf said:

No AHM this year. As expected. :cray:

Ever since i started running, this event has been my streak event. Hopefully, AHM will resume next year. See you.

On 5/20/2020 at 1:29 PM, starfinder said:

Expected Safra Run to be cancelled, but still feel disappointed somehow. Last year didn't have, this year also. A 2 years vacuum.

Many events skipped a year or two and then quietly retired. 

eg. Pocari Sweat Run, Energizer Night Run, Jurong Lake Run, Newton Challenge.

Hopefully, AHM don't follow in their footstep.

11 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

Many events skipped a year or two and then quietly retired. 

eg. Pocari Sweat Run, Energizer Night Run, Jurong Lake Run, Newton Challenge.

Hopefully, AHM don't follow in their footstep.

I think AHM will continue because it is for NS guys. No worries 

Do's and Don'ts after June 1...

(info extracted -https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/restrictions-on-exercise-gatherings-still-in-place-after-june-1)

straitstimes.com-Can-I-travel-to-a-park-

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

Covid-19: Virtual 1km run aims to get public to show support for frontliners
(info - https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/covid-19-virtual-1km-run-aims-get-public-show-support-frontliners)

I think food/gift donations to frontliners are what they need most. Best if it is monetary or pay raises of course.

This and other activity like mass singing HOME to show appreciation do nothing to help frontliners really.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, beast said:

I think food/gift donations to frontliners are what they need most. Best if it is monetary or pay raises of course.

This and other activity like mass singing HOME to show appreciation do nothing to help frontliners really.

The best thing I read about all these hand-clapping, song singing to show appreciation for the frontliners is NSFW.

So I will try my best to keep it out of sight unless you really want to read it. But of cos, having tease it now, of cos you will want to read it! :crazysmile:

=========================== Highlight below to read ==========================

These activities are basically masturbation; it feels good for the person doing it and does absolutely nothing for the people they're thinking of.

=========================== Highlight above to read ==========================

SOURCE: r/Singapore - Am I the only one who finds this “cheering” cringey?

Edited by lonewolf

COVID-19: Phase two of post-circuit breaker reopening could begin before end-June, says Lawrence Wong

(CNA News)

Sports facilities including stadiums and swimming pools will be permitted to reopen as well. There would also be social interactions and family visits, subject to group sizes capped at five people.

channelnewsasia.com-COVID-19-Phase-two-o

channelnewsasia.com-COVID-19-Phase-two-o

Coming soon to June 1...CB

CB extension...

Phase 1: Safe Reopening

From June 2, you can receive two visitors per day from your immediate family (children or grandparents). Some businesses are allowed to reopen with Safe Management measures in place and children can go back to school and student care centres.

Phase 2: Safe Transition

After a few weeks of Phase 1, the government will decide if it's safe for us to move to Phase 2 where more of our regular activities can resume. This is the phase most of us are looking forward to – but it's likely that Phase 2 will be rolled out over a couple of months. Activities include small group gatherings, dining in at F&B services, opening retail outlets, gyms and fitness studios. Sports, recreation and outdoor facilities like the stadiums can also reopen.

Phase 3: Safe Nation

If the situation remains stable after the completion of Phase 2, Singapore will enter Phase 3 and stay here until an effective vaccine or treatment for Covid-19 is found. During Phase 3, medium-sized gatherings can resume, and spas, massages, cinemas, theatres, bars, pubs and nightclubs are allowed to reopen.

The Boston Marathon has been canceled for the first time in its 124-year history.

(mybestruns.com)

boston.md.jpg

mybestruns.com-The-Boston-Marathon-has-b

WMM.jpg

Edited by kohpapa