Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

COVID-19 and its impact on Races

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2020 at 11:35 AM, kohpapa said:

All public swimming pools will be closed...open-water swim (option) then ECP or Sentosa..

Sentosa
sentosa.jpg

East Coast Park
ECP.jpg

Minister Lawrence Wong's Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceWongST

beach.jpg

Dear Minister,

If there are still some parks that are open, those who wanted to go to the beach may end up going to these parks and form a crowd again. Please consider closing all parks for now. Hope all be well soon! Stay safe.

who the cb sg who says go to the beach end up a crowd...who ah! really cb sg SGUnited!...I no disobedient one ok..

6uLayNe.gif

Confirmed - All beaches in Singapore CLOSED

(Source: CNA)

channelnewsasia.com-All-beaches-in-Singa

channelnewsasia.com-All-beaches-in-Singa

Looks like uncle, the cb sg obedient type will have gladly home based bath tub swim...SGUnited! Pleeze close all Parks, thank you, Minister.  Stay safe. 😷

crawl-swimming-bath.jpg

pcns.jpg

Dear Minister,

Why not PCNs also? Stay safe. stay home for now.

Edited by kohpapa

OhMyGod,

From Sunday [April 12], anyone who is not abiding by the CB measures will be fined S$300 for their first offence, instead of being issued with a warning, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Masagos Zulkifli said on Saturday.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, wwwlimlim said:

OhMyGod,

From Sunday [April 12], anyone who is not abiding by the CB measures will be fined S$300 for their first offence, instead of being issued with a warning, Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Masagos Zulkifli said on Saturday.

pleeze first time [April 12], don't know...

rk_nea_110420.jpg

NParks sorry cb sg disobedient one - S$300 for your first offence, why run dog never 1m social distancing...and why run dog when dog run track is Closed...another $300....thank you.

NEA: nice doggie cb sg disobedient one - S$300 for your first offence ...woof woof why you no wear mask?...woof woof you supposed to DO IT (hygiene thingy) at home (home-based woof woof learning)...another $300 for the poo...btw, woof woof got wash paws after done? why never do the soapy thingy?....another $300...thank you woof woof....mmm anythig else for woof woof's other first offence or not...<thinking>....

thank you woof woof for being cb sg SGUnited! stay safestay home for now.

Edited by kohpapa

My lockdown run sees very few people. Also noticing the animals are being more daring, coming closer....

Posted (edited)

Uniquely cb sg vs uk lockdown vs others

what.jpg

CORONAVIRUS LOCKDOWN: EVERYTHING YOU CAN AND CAN’T DO — FROM GOING TO THE VETS TO ORDERING FROM AMAZON

(info extracted: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/coronavirus-lockdown-uk-rules-amazon-travel-park-vet-mot-see-partner-a9421801.html

Can you go for a drive?

The lockdown being enforced in the UK states that there are only a specific set of reasons why a person should leave their home.

These reasons include one form of exercise a day; shopping for essentials; travelling to and from work and for medical needs.

Therefore, as long as you are adhering to these rules, you can drive.

Meanwhile in the state of cb sg https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceWongST/

Dear Minister,

banabd37c5cfcea8649.jpg

Soon, guess what will the next more steps to be taken?  Ban outdoor Exercise lah!

Dear Minister.....hope not a stupid question....what if walking/Jog/Run with pets...no wear mask and no safe distance...and why no diy at home... pleeze more steps to be taken...BAN lah!

France in lockdown: Do's and don'ts of walking the dog or helping the needy

(info extracted -
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-
style/coronavirus-lockdown-uk-
rules-amazon-travel-park-vet-mot-
see-partner-a9421801.html)

Getting some exercise: Physical activity is included on the list of necessary journeys, providing it’s done solo. While parks across France are closed, residents are permitted to go for a run by themselves or engage in exercises on pavements so long as it’s brief and is done at a safe distance from others. Groups sports are banned.

Walking the dog: Pet-owners are allowed to take their dogs for a walk in their immediate neighbourhood, provided they keep a safe distance from others.

In cyprus

Edited by kohpapa

14 hours ago, kohpapa said:

pleeze first time [April 12], don't know...

rk_nea_110420.jpg

NParks sorry cb sg disobedient one - S$300 for your first offence, why run dog never 1m social distancing...and why run dog when dog run track is Closed...another $300....thank you.

NEA: nice doggie cb sg disobedient one - S$300 for your first offence ...woof woof why you no wear mask?...woof woof you supposed to DO IT (hygiene thingy) at home (home-based woof woof learning)...another $300 for the poo...btw, woof woof got wash paws after done? why never do the soapy thingy?....another $300...thank you woof woof....mmm anythig else for woof woof's other first offence or not...<thinking>....

thank you woof woof for being cb sg SGUnited! stay safestay home for now.

I know this is OT, but a lot of folks here in my country are pretty hard headed and "kiasu" also😩

Posted (edited)

I think there are part of PCN that are already closed.

Part of Henderson Wave is closed.y1eYGJw.jpg

Of cos if it just tape and not a hard barrier, you will get this happening.

Alexandra Park PCN 'reopened' after being taped off.

yq1utaxtp9s41.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

This looks like Bishan-AMK park? Very soon, you have gurkas and armed Auxiliary PO deployed to stop people from entering parks.

93140484_10157785845725783_2321515435071

Of cos, some will simply have no respect for the CB measures.

kzd4KAl.jpg

Edited by lonewolf

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 11:18 AM, kohpapa said:

Covid-19 circuit breaker measures: What you can and cannot do for the next one month (exercise)

(extract info - https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/a-new-normal)

exercisea5c8f284f5d2bab0.md.jpg

circuit-breaker.jpg

uncle revisits: https://safedistparks.nparks.gov.sg/

there is a splash screen that pops...Advisory...

statusddead781d3bfb60e.jpg

NPs available for Exercise have been reduced due to closures. Previously, Green Dots marked the areas of NPs available,

No Legend is needed to indicate to inform the public location availability. 

parks.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
On 4/11/2020 at 11:25 AM, kohpapa said:

Report for CB sgRunners

Bukit-Batok.jpg

today on saturday morning..Bukit Batok Hill (empty) >> Bukit Timah Hill (crowded) >> MacRitchie Reservoir (crowded) via Venus Loop exit Venus Carpark >>> Bishan-AMK Park PCN (crowded) with access bridge [closed] >>> Sin Min Road >>> Braddell-Kallang PCN (normal) >>> Singapore Sports Hub [closed].

hilly6dc44123510cc3b8.jpg

bridge.jpg

closed73f2b64b56aea176.jpg

this barrier on Henderson Waves was not there when uncle ran just days ago....

waves.jpg

Henderson Waves starts its entrance from Mount Faber Hill connecting to Telok Blangah Hill...

Forest Walk starts from Telok Blangah Hill connecting to Alexandra Arch which connects to Hort Park >>> Kent Ridge Park

The bridge access closures of both Henderson Waves and Forest Walk means Southern Ridge NP is partially closed.

Of course, MacRitchie TreeTop Walk is beside the Ranger Stn at MacRitchie Trail. Beside the Ranger Stn is the Venus Loop leading to Venus CP or Venus Welcome Centre. If kena red/white tapping...then MacRitchie Trail can be considered partially closed next.

Of course, Singapore Sports Hubs is also closed.

hub.jpg

Updates from National Parks

(info extract : https://www.nparks.gov.sg/noticeboard)

nparks.gov.sg-Noticeboard---National-Par

nparks.gov.sg-Noticeboard---National-Par

posted.jpg

Yes, any red/white taping if you see at PCNs means "do not enter" to all...walking/jogging/running/cycling/PMD...

pcns.jpg

This one should be PCN at Telok Kurau, a popular route that heads to ECP from Kembangan MRT (Siglap). This one (8km) is from Sims Avenue, Changi Road, East Coast Road, leading to Victoria School at Marine Parade Road. For those familiar with ECP, Siglap exit with Overhead Bridge across ECP...

We have headed to partial closures to PCNs.

Edited by kohpapa

17 hours ago, wwwlimlim said:

OhMyGod,

Looking at big picture, this should be the way since alot of people simply heck care attitude. If not, never ending story.

Posted (edited)

Stay Home

Advise to all by Minister Lawrence Wong. Thank you for week 1 of cb sg for you care for all with all the necessary stiricter measures which are able to keep all safe for SGUnited!

(extract info - https://www.facebook.com/LawrenceWongST/)

facebook.com-Lawrence-Wong-page-001.jpg

facebook.com-Lawrence-Wong-page-002.jpg

Stay safe, Stay home, Reduce contacts, Wear mask, Exercise alone, and Don't gather in groups. 

Be considerate to all. When sharing public pavement with all for exercise, if run, slow down, stop and walk; if cycle, slow down, dismount, and walk with bike. No Swim, except at home. 

Stay strong, don't be "jackasses"; use your brain, use your brain; don't simply heck care attitude. If not, never ending story.

OhMyGod, anyone who is not abiding by the CB measures

Annex - Covid-19 Act

Regulation 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the Covid-10 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 (Act 14 of 2020)

(info extract https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/pressroom/press-releases/annex-for-notification-8-apr-2020.pdf

appropriate-page-001aa4ba1bde44b9298.jpg

appropriate-page-002f226a2478946f3fd.jpg

appropriate-page-003.jpg

Implication for future races:

With beaches closed, some parts of NPs and PCNs routes closed, likely that they will be opened and be safe for all in a post-Covid-19 Free races may have to take a little longer timeline as we head towards the 2nd half of 2020. First important criteria in consideration of race - Regulation 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the Covid-10 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 (Act 14 of 2020)

Dear Minister, will SCSM 2020 be cancel? 😷  read future update measures on Covid -19 Act lah!

Edited by kohpapa

Guess all societies need to go thru mental anxiety. Would be interesting to see if sg govt suggested a routine using TV:

1. Get up and do morning stretches with x.y.z

2. Learn to fix things in your house

3. Lunch - learn to reuse and waste less with left overs.

4. Have projects to do to help design

5. Learn to plant and grow

6. Do more exercises

7. Dinner

8. Your time + bed

;)

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 6:16 AM, Lady Ice said:

My lockdown run sees very few people. Also noticing the animals are being more daring, coming closer....

same here...a white horse was seen galloping across Eng Neo Avenue in Bukit Timah on Sunday, April 5, on an almost-empty road.

this one is luckily has not been subjected to CB measures of safe distancing and social distancing, it should have stayed home or stable...be safe, wear mask next time...otherwise...fine $300 on first offense...

mothership.sg-White-horse-seen-galloping

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

hahaha - nice. Also love seeing the otters, iguanas, turtles, storks,.... sg got lots of wildlife

AS for SCSM or any event in 2020 - it is difficult to see any running this year.

Edited by Lady Ice

Posted (edited)

World Athletics suspends Olympic qualification until December 2020

(info extract - https://runningmagazine.ca/the-scene/world-athletics-suspends-olympic-qualification-until-december-2020/)

runningmagazine.ca-World-Athletics-suspe

runningmagazine.ca-World-Athletics-suspe

Many runners who want their potential summer results to count toward Olympic qualification will not count toward Olympic 2021.

wmm.jpg

race.jpg

Definitely, participating in the upcoming Fall season of Abbott WMM XIII Series will not have any impact at all.

Consolidated Pack of Must Run Fall Marathon Races of 2020:

runningwithmiles.boardingarea.com-Look-H

0029d958b9dda4ba496.jpg

There are 60 on the list.

What if here is a likely chance that if SCSM 2020 should proceed Dec 5/6, then that entry standards and world ranking results can still count toward Olympic qualification.

race0886e35b7ec0b18b.jpg

AS for SCSM or any event in 2020 - it is difficult to see any running this year

The SCSM 2020 can still be Run for Elites Only and those who qualify in the Fall races and yet they want to count toward Olympic qualification. Because the gatherings for the Elites Only and hopeful Olympic Qualifiers will be smaller and that can easily meet strict measures of Social Distancing and Safe Distancing in Events.

Of course, SCSM 2020 can be held pending on the Covid-19 pandemic situtation. Is it possible that the race will be opened for public participation would have to depend on Covid -19 Act lah!, that is, if gatherings of more than 10 thousands are allowed for events for HM and FM.

Note: SCSM 2019, more than 30,000 runners took part in all categories.

This scenario is having SCSM 2020 can be just as a world-class spectator event only, similar like F1 races. Missing could be mass participation, and maybe with restriction in mess gathering of spectators and supporters in compliance Social Distancing and Safe Distancing measures.  "Live" telecast or streaming will be the highlights of the race. Maybe add in "virtual" race capability - Run SCSM 2020 with Treadmill together with "Live" Runners with Finishing Medals and Tees (satisfying those who opt for the extrinsic values of races)

Who says SCSM 2020 must be cancel? With proper crowd controlled and WHO Covid-19 strict measures on smaller or even no social gatherings. SCSM 2020 can Run "Live" and Run "Virtual". 

Better still, let's All Run "live" in SCSM 2020 with a Covid-19 Free Declaration by WHO! running1-gif.gif

Edited by kohpapa

10 hours ago, kohpapa said:

"What if here is a slight chance that if SCSM 2020 should proceed Dec 5/6, then that entry standards and world ranking results can still count toward Olympic qualification..."

"AS for SCSM or any event in 2020 - it is difficult to see any running this year." 

"Of course, SCSM 2020 can be held pending on the Covid-19 pandemic situtation. Is it possible that the race will be opened for public participation would have to depend on Covid -19 Act lah!, that is, gatherings of more than 10 thousands are allowed for events (HM and FM)..."

"Who says SCSM 2020 must be cancel? With proper crowd controlled and WHO Covid-19 strict measures on smaller or even no social gatherings. SCSM 2020 can Run "Live" and Run "Virtual"."

It's simply too dangerous to hold a running event under the current situation, anywhere in the world. 

Even if let's say there are no crowds and everybody kept 2M apart from each other... how can you avoid any possible contamination at the aid stations? Those will be open cups for water/sports drink... its impossible! Then the volunteers manning the aid stations will be in biohazard suits & masks... 😬 I just can't imagine it happening. Besides, those protective suits & medical grade masks would be better in the hands of the doctors & nurses in the hospitals.  

I'm still hoping somewhere in my heart for NY Marathon to push through this November,  but given how the pandemic's spreading in America right now, (due to poor leadership) I doubt it.

SCSM is in my "Plan B" for December, but under current rules, Ill have to fly in 2 weeks earlier since I'll have to be quarantined 14 days at my hotel first before they let me out hahaha! (Those 2 weeks are for tapering, but I don't think I'd want to do that) 😜

I'm not too keen on virtual runs either, because if that's the case, I'd just run a marathon on my own and not bother to pay registration fees.

You know, I think kohpapa may be right when he said it may only be safe to race again only when they come up with a vaccine for this, and that's going to be a long way off in the future. 

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

It's simply too dangerous to hold a running event under the current situation, anywhere in the world. 

I'm still hoping somewhere in my heart for NY Marathon to push through this November,  but given how the pandemic's spreading in America right now, (due to poor leadership) I doubt it.

SCSM is in my "Plan B" for December, but under current rules, Ill have to fly in 2 weeks earlier since I'll have to be quarantined 14 days at my hotel first before they let me out hahaha! (Those 2 weeks are for tapering, but I don't think I'd want to do that) 😜

I'm not too keen on virtual runs either, because if that's the case, I'd just run a marathon on my own and not bother to pay registration fees.

First, push through this November,  "Plan A", all eyes will definitely be on Boston Marathon on Sept 14👌

wmm.jpg

Then, "Plan B" for December is a "new" calendar year for all Road Races 2021 as well as Qualifying for Tokyo Olympics 2021 👌

wait.jpg

Let's see if we can arrive at "Plan A" (2020) and then "Plan B" (2021).

no-plan-b.jpg

Simply, the world is looking forward to NO 'Plan B' due to Covid-19 in 2021. 

Edited by kohpapa

Well, a lot can happen in 6 months. Hopefully some miracle.

You know what's really worrisome about COVID-19? I know we stand a pretty good chance of surviving if we get sick, but according to some medical reports, there is massive irreversible lung damage or scarring among some recovered patients.

You know what this means to us as runners right?

Even If they chop my legs off, I'll find a way to run on artificial/prosthetic legs, but if you permanetly end up with lungs no better than an  eighty year old man who smoked for his entire life, well... not even a 5k will be possible. 😱

I hope those hard headed folks who don't observe (at least) 2m distance from other people, or who still want to run in crowded areas keep that in mind! Those consequences may be worse than any fine or citation. And if running in a mask is hard, train yourself to get used to it, because even if they're not as effective as medical grade masks, it will help.

Stay safe everyone! 😳

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2020 at 8:47 PM, Lady Ice said:

The UK has a 2m distance. 

When going running, have been taking a 10m distance from people, don't want to be running into their viral breath ;)

Think Singapore will be learning from the Spanish Flu. From what have read, in 1918 Australia was very successful in controlling the Spanish Flu as they closed their borders, doing  isolation, etc. In 1919 Australia got hit very badly when they got re-infected. It will be interesting what sg  govt will implement along the timeline. The UK will try to get everyone infected over an extended period of time so that everyone eventually has immunity. Think they wanted to originally have a great big infection party (herd immunity), but with the potential that more than the old folk will die, they have changed their tactic and will go for a trickle which means discipline is required to keep the curve flat. 
Why Everything Is Closing For Coronavirus: It's Called 'Flattening ...

So the UK is doing catch and currently trying to change the yellow curve to purple!  Personally think Sg has got it right. So now watch which govts care for their people and watch those that care much more for the money of the very rich..... opps sorry the economy

You know what's really worrisome about COVID-19? 

@RaijinFC there are a lot of positives from this pandemic. With the lockdowns - a new normal is occurring and am hoping capitalism evolves. We now see who really are the important "key people" in this world and that they should be paid better / pay no tax / have better benefits. The air smells better in the UK with the lack of planes / manufacturing and have spoken to many people who said they are sleeping better. I presume this is from the reduction of running around trying to do the social thing, keeping up with the latest gadget..... when the economy is kick started people should look to buy local to help their local companies...... anyway better not write too much cos get scolding for being off track. @Lady Ice

OhMyGod,

wear mask run? @wwwlimlim

run-with-mask.md.jpg

runf068522ae89b1ae5.jpg

We use the training mask on VO2 Max Performance in Running

(info - active.com)

active.com-The-Science-of-VO2-Max-and-It

active.com-The-Science-of-VO2-Max-and-It

And if running in a mask is hard, train yourself to get used to it, because even if they're not as effective as medical grade masks, it will help.

Pre-Race Temperature Check:

scan-temp.jpg

Report to Pen Station: Gear up for Race (Medical Grade Mask)

are-you-ready.jpg

Your Aids Station Volunteers are Ready.

we-are-the-aid-station.jpg

Are you ready for Covid-19 Race?  stay safe, wear mask always😷

Latest: Mandatory for all to wear a mask when out, with exceptions for kids under 2 and those doing strenuous exercise.

wear-mask.jpg

There are exemptions for those engaging in strenuous exercise and children below the age of two, as medical experts recommend against them wearing masks, National Development Minister Lawrence Wong said at a media conference on Tuesday (April 14).

People may remove their masks when engaging in exercise such as running or jogging, but they must put it on afterwards

$300 fine for first-time offenders.

covid-19-when-to-wear-a-mask.png

Edited by kohpapa

The problem about a pandemic is that it is not just a Singapore issue. It is a worldwide issue. What can we do? 

The most important is to help our health services to not be overwhelmed. The disease has been reported to be much worst than flu.

So keep your distance, wash your hands, and ensure your immunity system keeps strong by exercising and laughing :)

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2020 at 11:22 PM, Lady Ice said:

Guess all societies need to go thru mental anxiety. Would be interesting to see if sg govt suggested a routine using TV:

1. Get up and do morning stretches with x.y.z

2. Learn to fix things in your house

3. Lunch - learn to reuse and waste less with left overs.

4. Have projects to do to help design

5. Learn to plant and grow

6. Do more exercises

7. Dinner

8. Your time + bed

;)

18 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

The problem about a pandemic is that it is not just a Singapore issue. It is a worldwide issue. What can we do? 

The most important is to help our health services to not be overwhelmed. The disease has been reported to be much worst than flu.

So keep your distance, wash your hands, and ensure your immunity system keeps strong by exercising and laughing :)

People will start to realise that a lot of things are non-essential. Why need an office when you can work from home? Why need school when you can study from home? Why need retail shop when you can order online? Why need to race when you can be virtual any time any place and can be done at the comfort of your home.

Zero Waste: You don't need a lot of things to survive, you only need foods and water. You don't need to socialise too much (just keep updated here at SgRunners 🙂). You really don't really need much entertainment. You don't need so much of branded or luxury stuffs. You really don't need expensive and useless stuffs.

You just need trustworthy and reliable stuffs, the type that can provide the basic functionality that you need. It doesn't need to look good, it doesn't need to be overkill. It just need to be strong, it just need to be useful.

Things will never be the same, when you will realise what is really important and what is the things you can actually do away with. Social Media, Influencers  (such as Uncle 🤪) will not be able to influence you anymore. Travel blogger (maybe even Run blogger) will be a dying trend.

All the fame and glamour (like how lian, uncle can do PB of 3 hours and below 😶) will mean nothing. The ability to survive is the only do little things that matters, maybe simply just keep your home, work place and community (race) clean and safe. Let's seek towards a Clean Environment for All, Always.

Important skill set are the one that help you to survive, not the one that bring you exposure and popularity. You must learn to farm (garden in urban setting), cook, build, repair, make (create and innovate), clean and heal if you want to survive long. Those people whom you need to depend on during this period are the one that provide necessary skill set for your survival, essential services - Food (farming and cooking), Repair (building and maintenance), Clean (waste from your don'ts of useless stuffs - some are also expensive), Exercise (walk/jog/run/cycle/swim/play), Learning (education and knowledge), Heal (body and soul, medical expertise and knowhow).

Usually they are also the ones who you never really bother much when times are good - less fortunate needing our care and support, neglected and rejected needing our love and concerns, migrant workers and the elderly of the community. Pandemic affected them most while we are here engaging on "active and healthy" discussion as sgRunners, while they are tested Positive with Covid-19, and some died because of Covid-19.

It is about time we seek to fulfilling basic human needs. Have an empathy heart for those who are affected with Covid-19. We must bear our consequent consideration for every action that we want and must act as social responsible souls towards Mandatory for All (CB Strict Measures) :

Annex - Covid-19 Act

Regulation 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of the Covid-10 (Temporary Measures) Act 2020 (Act 14 of 2020)

stay strong, stay healthy, wear mask after exercise (walk/jog/run/cycle) with social distancing and safe distancing 😷.

Be greatful that we can still exercise...

0146b7ffc1b7a82ec9849b1a60815ea2.gif

and have Home-based workouts, including Yoga...enjoy 😷

41.gif22.gif

42.gif           21.gif

23.gif          28.gif

34.gif             25.gif

and even Virtual Online Workout...

Edited by kohpapa

Local Race : 2nd Half of 2020 (Confirmed)

(source: JustRunLah!)

justrunlah.com-Running-Calendar---Singap

Trans Singapore - 13 Sept

Singapore International Triathlon 2020 - 27 Sept

Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2020 at 5:51 AM, kohpapa said:

AS for SCSM or any event in 2020 - it is difficult to see any running this year

The SCSM 2020 can still be Run for Elites Only and those who qualify in the Fall races and yet they want to count toward Olympic qualification. Because the gatherings for the Elites Only and hopeful Olympic Qualifiers will be smaller and that can easily meet strict measures of Social Distancing and Safe Distancing in Events.

Of course, SCSM 2020 can be held pending on the Covid-19 pandemic situtation. Is it possible that the race will be opened for public participation would have to depend on Covid -19 Act lah!, that is, if gatherings of more than 10 thousands are allowed for events for HM and FM.

Note: SCSM 2019, more than 30,000 runners took part in all categories.

This scenario is having SCSM 2020 can be just as a world-class spectator event only, similar like F1 races. Missing could be mass participation, and maybe with restriction in mess gathering of spectators and supporters in compliance Social Distancing and Safe Distancing measures.  "Live" telecast or streaming will be the highlights of the race. Maybe add in "virtual" race capability - Run SCSM 2020 with Treadmill together with "Live" Runners with Finishing Medals and Tees (satisfying those who opt for the extrinsic values of races)

Who says SCSM 2020 must be cancel? With proper crowd controlled and WHO Covid-19 strict measures on smaller or even no social gatherings. SCSM 2020 can Run "Live" and Run "Virtual". 

Sports can come back with Fans (also spectators or participants)

(info : https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/sport/sports-come-back-without-fans-fauci-covid-19-coronavirus-12646338)

channelnewsasia.com-Sports-can-come-back

Edited by kohpapa

Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon Cancel due to Covid-19 - All individual registrations will be automatically deferred to KLSCM2021, which is scheduled to take place on a similar time period as this year, which is mid-June, pending confirmation from the city council.

(info FB/SCKLmarathon)

facebook.com-Kuala-Lumpur-Standard-Chart

facebook.com-Kuala-Lumpur-Standard-Chart

Malaysian national athletes foresee challenging return to training after movement control order - home-based training aids to maintain stamina and not gain it, lack of endurance will affect, depressed and pressured from being at home...

(info - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid19-malaysia-mco-athletes-challenges-khairulnizam-ng-yan-yee-12643546)

channelnewsasia.com-Malaysian-national-a

channelnewsasia.com-Malaysian-national-a