kohpapa

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020 - 5 Dec [Grand Finale]

winner.jpg

OMG, uncle is a Prize Winner [4th out of 4 Lucky Participants] in the Purse Challenge (Do a 25-minute easy run or jog). uncle has never believed in Random Draws contest in SCSM (Virtual Club), but really "Unbelievable stunned like vegetable", uncle won! :)

Edited by kohpapa
  • Like 1
On 12/11/2020 at 9:27 AM, kohpapa said:

OMG, uncle is a Prize Winner [4th out of 4 Lucky Participants] in the Purse Challenge (Do a 25-minute easy run or jog). uncle has never believed in Random Draws contest in SCSM (Virtual Club), but really "Unbelievable stunned like vegetable", uncle won! :)

Super lucky ... nice...

medala.jpg

A month ago, a virtual Marathon Race nearly was abandoned at 18.2KM due to "an unexpected" shut down of data to GPS making it impossible to complete a one-run activity time submission. 

uncle believes that Hard Work and Perseverance is part of the Journey to Success. So uncle took a Restart from 0KM, making this a 60-KM Journey for a 42KM race Experience to Completion. Yes, that Medal of that Journey was received, Today! :)

4 hours ago, kohpapa said:

A month ago, a virtual Marathon Race nearly was abandoned at 18.2KM due to "an unexpected" shut down of data to GPS making it impossible to complete a one-run activity time submission. 

uncle believes that Hard Work and Perseverance is part of the Journey to Success. So uncle took a Restart from 0KM, making this a 60-KM Journey for a 42KM race Experience to Completion. Yes, that Medal of that Journey was received, Today! :)

Uncle always amaze me! You never seem tired of running marathons¬†ūüėĀ

yap...the season of marathoning is starting now in the "Land of Rising Sun" because of the 2021 Summer Olympics...

warming up with the Japan's Virtual Races of Half-Marathons on weekends to prepare for this one...a month away..

Kyoto.jpg

Full marathon (official course): 5 hours 30 minutes
Half marathon (official course): 2 hours 45 minutes 
10km (official course): 1 hour 30 minutes
20km: 3 hours
30km: 4 hours 30 minutes
40km: 5 hours.

In Japan, uncle is registered as Runnet.jp as¬†„āĪ„ÉĄ„ā≠„Éß.¬†

TATTA apps work with Runnet.jp member when registering for Race Entry.

So, uncle known as Kyo ass-san (Mr Koh Papa). uncle needs to be familiar in Race registration and completing Race events so that uncle can accumulate RunPo (membership points for special discounts) and Distances - like 10,000 miles from Bronze Level to Diamond Level. Runnet.jp also keeps track of uncle's race entries and performance.

Uncle always amaze me! You never seem tired of running marathons

Japan's qualifying standards are high. HM must be 2hr30min and FM - 4.5 or 5 hours (6 hours are for High School Kids of 19 and above). Kids of 16 are encouraged to have "multiple submissions for HM/FM Challenges".

Sign-up Race costs ¥1,500 JPY with no participation gifts but ¥2000 JPY and above will have the ad-ons. Some races offer Fresh Produce as Gifts, of course the Bundle or Premium Set will cost more. 

japan-prize.jpg

Shipments to Singapore is factored with registering with a "shipper vendor-given address", meaning uncle registered that option using a Japan address for receiving Medals (and add-ons), because Organizers don't ship but deliver only to the Virtual Runner's Local Address.

In Japan, uncle is considered as "very slow" Runnet runner, hope that uncle can improve "speed-wise" in 2021.."fast", "faster", and "fastest". Otherwise, you can call uncle Kyo ass-O-san :) or "Mr Ass-O Koh Papa"...

Edited by kohpapa
6 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Shipments to Singapore is factored with registering with a "shipper vendor-given address", meaning uncle registered that option using a Japan address for receiving Medals (and add-ons), because Organizers don't ship but deliver only to the Virtual Runner's Local Address.

In Japan, uncle is considered as "very slow" Runnet runner, hope that uncle can improve "speed-wise" in 2021.."fast", "faster", and "fastest". Otherwise, you can call uncle Kyo ass-O-san :) or "Mr Ass-O Koh Papa"...

I had a quick look at Kyoto Marathon... the race fees include shipping of finisher medal to overseas runners so not true that organizers only ship to local address...

You can register yourself as a local Japanese runner via runnet.jp and you will receive both the finisher medal and commemorative gift. But given the higher registration fees (3000 yen instead of 2000 yen), and the expensive cost of shipping from Japan to Singapore through a 3rd party, I don't think it is worth the hassle and cost to get the additional commemorative gift, which is just a cloth with the "10" design.

Edited by beast
7 hours ago, beast said:

I had a quick look at Kyoto Marathon... the race fees include shipping of finisher medal to overseas runners so not true that organizers only ship to local address...

You can register yourself as a local Japanese runner via runnet.jp and you will receive both the finisher medal and commemorative gift. But given the higher registration fees (3000 yen instead of 2000 yen), and the expensive cost of shipping from Japan to Singapore through a 3rd party, I don't think it is worth the hassle and cost to get the additional commemorative gift, which is just a cloth with the "10" design.

organizer has the option to ship or not ship (will be stated in their Entry Application).

for Kyoto Marathon >> Ship to Local Address

japan.jpg

uncle's shipping vendor will then receive and do the overseas shipment to uncle (singapore) with a fee.. surely it is "not cheap"...uncle understands...

"10" design...

kyoto-gift.jpg

aiya, just a "fengshui" piece of goodluck thingy...meaning "lasting propsperity"...

with Japan Quality "100%" assurance (even shortlisted with voting)..and this race limited to only 7,100 participants in the World...only 1,000 Overseas Participants...

Anyway, the closing date for Entry Submission is 17 Dec (Friday)...so, no idea uncle got "registered or not"..

but "kiashu" uncle applied Option 1 - Medal only...Option 2 - Medal and "10" cloth...whether uncle is "lucky" or not...this Overseas Entry is first-come-first-served or lottery (which FB had stated on 10/10...Overwhelming Response from Overseas Participants)...

during Covid-19, international border is closed to ALL, so bearing in mind, when invitation is opened to "Overseas Participants"...shipment can also be offered by organizers "as sincere hosts"...uncle got 1 registration with FULL address to Singapore...

so no worry lah, @beast, uncle also got races not only in Japan, but also in China...

china.jpg

"Shirt" theme Medal-only with a hexagonal Holder (six-sided) to contain another 5 themed Medals with Shipment (from Joyrun app) has been settled with a delivery fee (50¥ )to be to uncle's Singapore Address...

card.jpg

yes, uncle's purchase is entitled to a chance to one of¬†"10" lottary draw for complimentary entry to 2022¬†Tokyo Marathon...ūüėɬ†

wishing uncle have a "10" + "10" outcome from both China and Japan Virtual Races soon...

because what uncle sharing is "not connnected" to SCSM 2020, so uncle shall not continue further out-of-topic "discussion" here...

interested, just PM will do...or only when uncle needs to "reply" if necessary...

It is better to end this Forum thread because this one is concluded...

final snap shot from uncle's run activities *statistics...SCSM [Virtual Club]..

endc9982953d2146793.jpg

numbers should easily exceed *this by 31/12/2020...

Wishing all a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2021...[End]

Edited by kohpapa
2 hours ago, kohpapa said:

organizer has the option to ship or not ship (will be stated in their Entry Application).

for Kyoto Marathon >> Ship to Local Address

uncle's shipping vendor will then receive and do the overseas shipment to uncle (singapore) with a fee.. surely it is "not cheap"...uncle understands...

aiya, just a "fengshui" piece of goodluck thingy...meaning "lasting propsperity"...

with Japan Quality "100%" assurance (even shortlisted with voting)..and this race limited to only 7,100 participants in the World...only 1,000 Overseas Participants...

Anyway, the closing date for Entry Submission is 17 Dec (Friday)...so, no idea uncle got "registered or not"..

but "kiashu" uncle applied Option 1 - Medal only...Option 2 - Medal and "10" cloth...whether uncle is "lucky" or not...this Overseas Entry is first-come-first-served or lottery (which FB had stated on 10/10...Overwhelming Response from Overseas Participants)...

during Covid-19, international border is closed to ALL, so bearing in mind, when invitation is opened to "Overseas Participants"...shipment can also be offered by organizers "as sincere hosts"...uncle got 1 registration with FULL address to Singapore...

I just re-read again and noticed that overseas runners will not be getting any entitlement unless they buy the 8000 yen package.

I am pretty sure this wasn't stated clearly earlier and I remembered that it clearly stated ALL runners will get the finisher medal, which is why I registered for it because 2000 yen for a medal from Kyoto Marathon still seem worth it.

Looks like now I won't be getting the medal. Oh well, just take it that I donated the money for their charity cause.

I am not sure about the local options as it is in Japanese, and I am quite upset to go read more about it.

@beast, please PM uncle for any "private" discussion on this matter...

"Please apply from the Kyoto Marathon Overseas Runner Entry Site for overseas slots (those whose address at the time of entry is overseas)."

uncle registered as "Overseas Runner Entry" as

(1) Runnet.jp (local resident) account...(Medal Only) and

(2) non-Runnet.jp account (overseas runner)...(Medal + "10" cloth)

maybe that is not clear from the intial entry offered to Overseas Runners (meaning runners that are Japanese Residents staying overseas, or/and new Participants who are overseas citizens)...that is where you may be "concerned" of...whose address..your local (singapore) address..

what you must do if your Entry is accepted..

screen-0.jpg

this one must be "enabled" only with registration with a Runnet.jp account..

screen1.jpg

for example, uncle used Runnet.jp member account (with local address) will be able to register a "warm-up" Half Marathon Virtual Race Practice Session this Weekend (19/12 or 20/12).. uncle could also register any Jap Race Events...

no need to get upset...as uncle already said...after Entry Acceptance Dateline Dec 17 (Thurs)...everything is very clear...if uncle or you will get entry..will update all here..

maybe @beast, you need now is to register as Runnet.jp as member asap...to put your "local address" like what uncle did...and practice is you are able to "register" TATTA organised EVENTS when you press the button..

kyoto-overseas.jpg

FYI: your credit payment or paypal stated is pre-payment only, so yes, your money of 2000Y is still not expired, until your Entry is accepted..otherwise, you can get a support helpdesk to HELP!...yes, the Entry Application stated NO REFUND is Registered, but never say what if your Application is not Approved...then Credit Card amount shall be returned your Money to your Bank as specified by Card..ūüėÉ

Well, in case if you want to know what's uncle's run activities/preparation from 15/12 till End of Dec (2020)...

Dec-2020-Training.jpg

this will be a start of the Japan & China Marathon Season which was mentioned in previous posts...

Yes, Japan and China have scheduled most of their Spring 2021 Marathon events to be "Run-in Place" format according to what uncle has observed...

2021 shall be the year when Covid-19 pendemic is still "ON", races will be "Live" as per normal...good news..

Edited by kohpapa

uncle would like to end this forum thread with a special invitation to all to participate in a Virtual Race...as TEAM sgRunnersUnited...to close 2020...

Event Date is 31/12/2020 (Thursday)

Virtual-Race-2020.jpg

info - https://raceroster.com/events/2020/30899/youre-not-alone-the-social-distancing-virtual-race

and earn a digital badge...

Virtual-Race-Free-Medal.png

Virtual-Race-2020-Category.jpg

Invitation to Team sgRunnersUnited who already have raceroster account..check your PM for instructions..

join1f7a10107c6842b3.jpg

Note: Just Ignore the Charity Donation part. Just "X Clear Donation" @ CHECKOUT

However, Special Invitation can be created to any one from this forum who wishes to join us...PM uncle...for instructions..

Thank you. Happily end your 2020 with your online fastest and longest distance with a digital medal with pride. 

Captain, Runner of Team sgRunnersUnited special announcement to Elite Runners of Team sgRunnersUnited..

at your Runkeeper app, a Race is available for you to register as SELF or +Join+ sgRunnersUnited <search>.

santa-barbara-half-marathon.jpg

December 31, 2020 [Thursday]

virtual-races.jpg

Edited by kohpapa
On 12/16/2020 at 2:16 PM, beast said:

I just re-read again and noticed that overseas runners will not be getting any entitlement unless they buy the 8000 yen package.

I am pretty sure this wasn't stated clearly earlier and I remembered that it clearly stated ALL runners will get the finisher medal, which is why I registered for it because 2000 yen for a medal from Kyoto Marathon still seem worth it.

Looks like now I won't be getting the medal. Oh well, just take it that I donated the money for their charity cause.

I am not sure about the local options as it is in Japanese, and I am quite upset to go read more about it.

Congratulations, @beast, you are going to Kyoto Marathon 2021...

Uncle was not accepted because uncle Entered for 2 Options with same person - DQ [Entry]¬†ūüėĄ¬†

On 12/17/2020 at 9:17 AM, kohpapa said:

uncle would like to end this forum thread with a special invitation to all to participate in a Virtual Race...as TEAM sgRunnersUnited...to close 2020...

Event Date is 31/12/2020 (Thursday)info - https://raceroster.com/events/2020/30899/youre-not-alone-the-social-distancing-virtual-race

Any takers?

I know it's our own responsibility to read all the terms and conditions¬† of anything we sign up for online, but for this one, I can't seem to find if you'll need to download an app to your mobile phone or create an account somewhere, because if that's the case, I'll have to pass and just¬†"tag along" again¬†ūüėú

4 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Any takers?

I know it's our own responsibility to read all the terms and conditions¬† of anything we sign up for online, but for this one, I can't seem to find if you'll need to download an app to your mobile phone or create an account somewhere, because if that's the case, I'll have to pass and just¬†"tag along" again¬†ūüėú

runkeeper app download to phone...runkeeper.jpg

instructions has been sent to your PM...

the invitation link will lead you to 

register raceroster raceroster.jpg

Note: all has to be done at mobile phone, registering of Runkeeper app as well as  "link to register"  shall lead you to Race Roster where you also need to register...

once Race Roster (ASICS owned) is synced to Runkeeper (ASICS owned) you are good to go...

ended 2020 at SCSM Virtual Club...

Year-End-2020.jpg

Just Dec alone, completed 3 of 5 Virtual Marathon Races; Weekly is average 5K/10K/21K/42KM runs (virtual challenges)...monthly ranking for mileage on 2020 <= 1,600K was acheived during Q4 of 2020 (mid-October - end December)...

uncle's first Virtual Marathon race...and many 5K challenges...which started uncle's motivation and challenges...

nyrr-medals.jpg

arriving mid-January 2021...

hope that you can be involved actively both Virtual or possibly Run-in place races in 2021...

best wishes to all...2021...stay strong, stay actively Exercise (Run)...

Edited by kohpapa