kohpapa

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020 - 5 Dec [Grand Finale]

On 11/9/2020 at 12:44 PM, Lady Ice said:

I can borrow an elliptical machine. Not quite the same as a treadmill but will be my backup

once you have the elliptical machine...Zwift Academy Tri: Run Workout 4 on Strava app...

vdaca5eaf4d895505.jpg

and make sure you are in a super-cool facility or room...

and get a mop to wipe your pool of sweat...and need to sanitize your equipments...because of covid-19...

wipe.jpg

Edited by kohpapa
14 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

this AR looks complicated and might not be able to complete depending on the usage in the gym centers.... i forgo this and just do the VR...

After seeing all these AR requirement which I can't meet, I decide to forgo all their VR runs..  I have already stop participating any of their events since last weeks,

1 hour ago, Ender said:

After seeing all these AR requirement which I can't meet, I decide to forgo all their VR runs..  I have already stop participating any of their events since last weeks,

The only way to do the AR run here in Singapore is to book the proper equipment at ActiveSG gyms, which they have set up at selected gyms and booking of timings is required. Otherwise nobody would bother to get the complicated gear on their own just to do this AR run. In the end, it is just a overhyped gimmick which only a handful of people will get to experience.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:35 AM, AutumnRunner said:

this AR looks complicated and might not be able to complete depending on the usage in the gym centers.... i forgo this and just do the VR...

Well, this VR thing is an interesting twist... wasn't there an exhibit booth like this at one SCSM expo some time back?

Frankly however, I shun all the apps, etc.

I stick to the basics (running shoes+ shorts+ technical fabric top + put one foot in front of the other & repeat) and that's all I need!

Oh, alright, I'll concede one technological compromise though, and that's a GPS watch that can last at least 12 hrs in run mode. 😜 No MP3 players, bluetooth, or touchscreen features either, just time + distance reading's fine.

yo brother...

uncle will be doing this Sunday...

WK-12-VR.jpg

26KM...interested...uncle got to do 2 submissions...

show honorable results here..after we are done..ok 👌

of course...uncle also continue the journey...

completing 3rd marathon 42K virtual race this weekend...

free.jpg

s.tgr.run-STGR-Marathon---15-November-20

submission using Strava app only....

strava.jpg

so results may be a bit later tomorrow say 3pm [SG Time]...hope you can be patient...Full Marathon Virtual Race [1 session]...

Edited by kohpapa
20 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Well, this VR thing is an interesting twist... 

Frankly however, I shun all the apps, etc.

I stick to the basics (running shoes+ shorts+ technical fabric top + put one foot in front of the other & repeat) and that's all I need!

Oh, alright, I'll concede one technological compromise though, and that's a GPS watch that can last at least 12 hrs in run mode. 😜 No MP3 players, bluetooth, or touchscreen features either, just time + distance reading's fine.

for us who are Triathletes in IM Virtual Race...this setup is a must during pandemic period...home-based...

ZWIFT.jpg

for runners who during the cold and harsh winter months...Left...and bikers...Right..

IM Virtual Race Series 1 - XX...Run <Swim> - Bike - Run (Triathlon/Biathlon)...Global...

Eg...

Bike Leg of IM VR32 South Africa...

those in Oceania/Asia... you must sign up for this ride on ROUVY 7am..because Virtual Ride Race (competition)...starts 7am

must.jpg

actually, uncle already said...what's the AR Run big deal experience actually for Local Tropical Climate all-season which is hot-sun-wet-humid all year round....do you know that...you need super cool freezing temperature to keep you cool during the workouts..."cleaned and sanitzed".... 

If Full IM 42KM on Run... Full 180.25 km on Bike...how much of your sweat do you think enough to "flood" your home-based AR Run/Bike...on Local Indoor Temperature without a proper cooling system...

The only way to do the AR run here in Singapore is to book the proper equipment at ActiveSG gyms, which they have set up at selected gyms and booking of timings is required. Otherwise nobody would bother to get the complicated gear on their own just to do this AR run. In the end, it is just a overhyped gimmick which only a handful of people will get to experience

Please excuse uncle...no need AR run to go 42K Run...STGR Virtual Marathon starts soon...7am..Rain or Shine...always Humid..JustRunLah!...Anytime Anyplace...👌

Edited by kohpapa

23 hours ago, kohpapa said:

yo brother...

uncle will be doing this Sunday...

WK-12-VR.jpg

26KM...interested...uncle got to do 2 submissions...

show honorable results here..after we are done..ok 👌

Ok. I did a slow 5k yesterday (00:36:04) but just used an ordinary digital watch, so without a recording, I guess that doesn't count! 😓

Then I followed it up with a 21km jog today, also at a gentle pace:

1776906800_21kmeasyjog.thumb.jpg.cf20cc71f66fe99ea2b8d20ec65b12e4.jpg

The Soleus Turbo's display was set on chrono, km distance and split (i.e. "Lap 01").

I'd like to enourage everyone here in SG runners to join in also. Don't worry iabout being fast or slow, or whether you run a mile, a marathon or an ultra. As far as I'm concerned, we're ALL runners. There are no races for the time being anyway, so simply enjoy the journey, and share your joy of running. 🥰

aiya...we are on World Ekiden 2020 Race with the Elites this weekend

completeda7ac288833437812.jpg

and next weekend...Ekiden Marathon Challenge [SCSM Grand Finale style] with Team sgRunnersUnited [Elite top 50]

SCSM Virtual Club achieve uncle's running log...

7KM.jpg

19KM.jpg

caught in Thunderstorm, and uncle shoe sole "came off"...

STGR.jpg

uncle made the cut-off time 7am - 3pm.. in spite of some very hot weather in the morning, with sudden thundery rain splattered from noon...and of course, uncle's Shoe Sole came off...got to change to backup shoes (trail running shoes)...

OMG, uncle is top 50 😯

top-50336a242767d45549.md.jpg

must maintain ranking...

registered for this challenge...starting on Monday

sign.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

VR 13 this weekend is ready...

VR13.jpg

SCSM Grand Finale VR Kids Dash 1.5KM and 3KM (From 27 November 2020 to 6 December 2020)

Kids.md.jpg

prize51c152b6aee7c1a7.jpg

badgef070ddc91b946f55.jpg

great, uncle signed up lol...collect SCSM VR badges...

collection.jpg

sibei song!...FREE badges for uncle's collection

plus 4.5KM added to uncle's ranking of 45 SCSM Virtual Club points Leaderboard...sibei shiok! 244KM and counting...wha..going to be 300KM in November next week...

btw, we are 10day and more from SCSM [Grand Finale] to Finish till Dec 5...🎉

Edited by kohpapa

uncle agrees...since joining SCSM Virtual Club, from Week 6 VR6 [mid sept] heading to SCSM [Grand Finale]... Weekday Virtual Challenges (badges), Weekend Virtual Races (races)

fun00ce6dce9498ec04c.jpg

fun2574888eea290713.jpg

Of course, a week from after next...uncle heads for another one SC Marathon...Registered 2 FM events with this one...KLSCMarathon...

KLSCMe3fca6da597e8cb4.jpg

KLSCM 2020 Virtual Run - One Marathon Virtual Run for Fun, the Other Marathon Virtual Run for Medal...

KLSCM-2020-VR-Full-Marathon8e275b5e9e4f2

anyone wants to join uncle?

Edited by kohpapa

Sure bro, uncle also will be ending 2020 with Virtual Races with Medals...rest and recover well heading to 2021 [we are still in Covid-19 pandemic]...

Now are you convinced, because of Covid-19 in 2020, why everyone has become Virtual Race Runner or Virtual Challenge Runner or *AR (Rouvy) Runner

*AR (Rouvy) Run is an alternative to Swim Leg in IM Virtual Race...(Run) - Bike - Run...that is an IM Virtual Race format.

Uncle wishes all, the very best to 2020 SCSM [Grand Finale], Happy Thanksgiving Week also.

Announcement: This will also be uncle's farewell from this Forum, as explained, uncle shall cease to have any Social Media contact while returning to SA to serve as National Technical Official for Singapore Athletics. Because when the next SCSM comes next year, if it is no longer a VR Edition, uncle shall serve as SA (World Athletics) Road Race Official/Umpire instead. 

Thank you for the all the memories of once We were One sgRunners United.

Goodbye.

Edited by kohpapa