kohpapa

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020 - 5 Dec [Grand Finale]

37 minutes ago, Pearlina said:

Abit disappointed no FM category though i am secretly hoping there is one - even though i am nt training much. 

Wonder why they can have double up (21+10) bt cannot have triple up. (21+10+10 =42) 

Anyone knows how does e reverse side of the double up medal looks like ah? 

dear @Pearlina, a year later, we meet again...

sorry to inform you that SCSM Kids Events...were finished..

kids2.jpg

kids1.jpg

In every Virtual Race, there will be this to remind all...Pre-Order...card charged first expect delivery later (45 days from when your order is placed)...

order.jpg

your question, what will be the reverse of the double up medal looks like ah?   on the left [Finisher]...

medal71ad4b2c93e86405.jpg

why they can have double up (21+10) bt cannot have triple up. (21+10+10 =42) 

well you can see...Participants say they want to 1 Attempt, only 1/3rd are Finishers.

Dup.jpg

now you see the Kids Virtual Race, the Participants and Finishers...also 1/3rd...lol

so if 21+10 is like 1,000 Participants....and your Triple is 21+10+11 = 42 (I think you need to go back to School for Mathematics because...21+10+10 is 41...)

you shall see like 700 Participants...and 1/3rd is 200+...of course, one of them is uncle...

even though i am nt training much. means you should not risk taking anything beyond 1/2 marathon...because you need to be prepared at least 2 months and to peak with more with Local Races...like in the past Newton Run 16KM (for 1/2 Marathon) and 32KM (Full Marathon)

SCSM Virtual Club is only 10 weeks old. Maybe if the SCSM Virtual Club could be launched 3 months ago...uncle will be sure Everyone Here should be Marathon-distance ready.

Uncle is definitely not Marathon-distance ready also tomorrow...but, will try to complete...don't worry...uncle can Bike...Sundown style,,,

6 hours ago, beast said:

I thought you would be interested to try doing the threadmill run with the Augmented Reality....since you enjoyed the guided run with audio... who knows this might become the new normal too....

neh ... i think running on the threadmill with a distance above 7km is quite stressful mentally... haaa

4 hours ago, kohpapa said:

it is a computerised with bluetooth which unfortunately it is proprietary...cannot run of Windows BLE...think of it as a simulator...

for bike...we use the POD attached to shoes...interact with another device which measures our cadence.. the VR is with for demonstration...because to simulate REAL VR route and REAL avatar in REAL time...it is a challenging for the system...

better take outdoor run with phone apps... at least it is GPS-enabled...and most of the time...accurate and real.

so means will have to look at our hp screen while running while connecting it to bluetooth?

i rem in gyms, runners are not allowed to run more than 20mins each time.... exception?

AR.md.jpg

ROUVY Help Desk

https://support.rouvy.com/s/article/Running-supported-sensors?language=en_US

Running---supported-treadmills-and-senso

you do not connect to HP... you are provided a desktop [Bluetooth] connection, for you to simulate based on data feed on by your cadence sensor...pod in the shoes...via BLE...

techie translation...

if the treadmill can send data via BLE...[you are running on the treadmill]..

ROUVY [app] sees it as a speed sensor...via your avatar on the screen...apps simulates Virtual Runner [you] are "running" in the Singapore  City Attractions [ pre-recorded by vendors]...guided with audio output from your desktop...

just like Run for One Spore...your audio-guided app locate your GPS via HP....

understand better...

Edited by kohpapa
3 hours ago, Pearlina said:

Abit disappointed no FM category though i am secretly hoping there is one - even though i am nt training much. 

Wonder why they can have double up (21+10) bt cannot have triple up. (21+10+10 =42) 

Anyone knows how does e reverse side of the double up medal looks like ah? 

Actually to get all the 3 virtual road run badges, you need to do 1x21km, 1x10km, and then the double up 21+10. So you can still do a marathon (21+10+10) and then a 21km the next weekend as recovery.

I have signed up for all 5 challenges, but I will need to see if I am able to successfully book the ActiveSG venues for me to do the 2 AR runs. Otherwise I plan to complete the other 3 road runs.

7 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

you do not connect HP... you are provided a desktop [Bluetooth], for you to simulate based on data feed on by your cadence sensor...pod in the shoes...

techie translation...

if the treadmill can send data via BLE...[you are running on the treadmill]..

ROUVY [apps] sees it as a speed sensor...via your avatar on the screen...apps simulates Virtual Runner [you] are "running" in the Singapore  City Attractions [ pre-recorded by vendors]...guided with audio output from your desktop...

just like Run for One Spore...your audio-guided app locate your GPS via HP....

understand better...

This is pretty complicated... I don't think any foreign runners will be able to do the AR run, or many people owning this ROUVY technology, so it kinda beats the purpose of letting them experiencing the run as if they are running in Singapore. 

3 minutes ago, beast said:

Actually to get all the 3 virtual road run badges, you need to do 1x21km, 1x10km, and then the double up 21+10. So you can still do a marathon (21+10+10) and then a 21km the next weekend as recovery.

I have signed up for all 5 challenges, but I will need to see if I am able to successfully book the ActiveSG venues for me to do the 2 AR runs. Otherwise I plan to complete the other 3 road runs.

as what uncle did the last time for double up... once you sign up for Double-up... by default your single 1 x 21KM and 1 x 10KM are part of double up 21km + 10km...

uncle explained very clearly last week...

4 minutes ago, kohpapa said:

as what uncle did the last time for double up... once you sign up for Double-up... by default your single 1 x 21KM and 1 x 10KM are part of double up 21km + 10km...

uncle explained very clearly last week...

Actually no, they changed the rules this time. The double up this time round will need to be counted as separate session...

https://app.sgmarathonvc.com/en/challenges/details/20-11-scsm-grandefinale-doubleupchallenge

"Finish the SCSM Grand Finale VR Double Up Challenge and you will earn the SCSM Grand Finale VR Double Up Challenge digital badge! If you want to earn the VR Half Marathon and VR 10KM badges, you must sign up for those events separately.“

1 minute ago, beast said:

This is pretty complicated... I don't think any foreign runners will be able to do the AR run, or many people owning this ROUVY technology, so it kinda beats the purpose of letting them experiencing the run as if they are running in Singapore. 

actually triathletes having been using for Biking experience...but because runners want it...actually uncle says, "what's the use lah, for 21km.."

unlike Ironman biking 180KM... riding against traffic...terrain with elevation...rain and thunder...

this is for simulation more for those who during Winter time...still can "bike" indoor and train for Ironman...

aiya...Ironman Asia marketing gimmick...wants ActiveSG purchase "expensive" white elephants...

13 minutes ago, beast said:

Actually no, they changed the rules this time. The double up this time round will need to be counted as separate session...

https://app.sgmarathonvc.com/en/challenges/details/20-11-scsm-grandefinale-doubleupchallenge

"Finish the SCSM Grand Finale VR Double Up Challenge and you will earn the SCSM Grand Finale VR Double Up Challenge digital badge! If you want to earn the VR Half Marathon and VR 10KM badges, you must sign up for those events separately.“

same interpretation...

if your don't wish to VR Double up... then sign-up separately 1 single session...

otherwise 5 Medals you want to buy? crazy...$65 + $60 + $60 + $60 + 60

medals.jpg

Bottomline:  are your wanting to earn Medal(s) or Badge(s) for VR Grand Finale?

Eventually, there is actually no FM - Single Session like in the past SCSM Editions. Agree?

Edited by kohpapa

Glad that uncle has answered Q&A on the SCSM Grand Finale Sessions in "perspective" because the VR Format is first experience for most who join us.

Except for those who had been with SCSM Virtual Club long enough,  we would have known What is Challenge? What is Virtual Race?

Challenge is back-to-back running sessions requires strength, perserverance and ultimately the will to complete.

Stastistically, 2 out of 3 VR Participants who signed up failed to become Finishers.

For those who had been VR Runner like uncle with more than 40 Races completed with SCSM Virtual Club, you can share your experience? It is definitely very different from a Race Participant...

Uncle shall not start first...'cause got a 1-day Session Marathon Virtual Race tomorrow...shall rest and complete Marathon distance VR in hours from now...

race.jpg

Wish all could continue to share...bye from now...

thank you for much contribution, and enjoy your Friday evening and Saturday.

Edited by kohpapa

Happy Running Uncle

Think the AR looks exciting and am sure IM will have enabled participants in foreign countries where they can. After all IM is an international brand. Will see if I can do this in the UK.

9 minutes ago, Lady Ice said:

Happy Running Uncle

Think the AR looks exciting and am sure IM will have enabled participants in foreign countries where they can. After all IM is an international brand. Will see if I can do this in the UK.

wah, uncle about to go...washroom then you pop up...

IM is a franchise for multisports... but in the hot/wet and humid climate in Singapore... always a challenge...

btw...you did your 2020 London Marathon Virtual Race? 

'Virtual London Marathon' sells out as 45,000 sign up to run alone

For 20 pounds they will be given their race number, a t-shirt and a finisher's medal and can record their time on an app -- with the only proviso being that they complete the distance within 24 hours

Edited by kohpapa

uncle completed a marathon virtual event...

completed.jpg

medal7107183b30d9f3df.jpg

Leader01.jpg

Leader02.jpg

Leader03.jpg

Black toes, blisters with running shoes (Nike Vaporfly 4% Fly Knit) has forced uncle to stop at 24KM... took a shower (weather was really hot and humid as usual), change of running tee and pants, wear Sandals...brisk walk till 45KM... just in case, STRAVA is not accurate..better to exceed 42.20KM...

Virtual Run is running without Race Route Hydration/Nutrition support...so it is important to know one's preferred Pit Stop...

Tough...Virtual Race...no Medical Support if suffer cramp...or injury due to falls...

Luckily no rain...

Nov 1 before 2359...Virtual Race ends...

So many Participants, yet Finishers..less than 1/3...lol

Edited by kohpapa
22 hours ago, kohpapa said:

same interpretation...

if your don't wish to VR Double up... then sign-up separately 1 single session...

otherwise 5 Medals you want to buy? crazy...$65 + $60 + $60 + $60 + 60

medals.jpg

Bottomline:  are your wanting to earn Medal(s) or Badge(s) for VR Grand Finale?

Eventually, there is actually no FM - Single Session like in the past SCSM Editions. Agree?

I was hoping they priced it such that the SCSM finale merchandise is a compulsory base bundle of around $40-50, then each additional challenge finisher medal we can buy for +$10-15, so those who complete more challenges can choose to add and buy more medals. But SCSM organizer already show that they are greedy for money by not putting the finale sale on the VR store...and forcing people to buy and choose only 1 challenge and finisher...

Guess I will just go for useless e-badges/ self-actualization up the hierarchy of needs by planning and hoping to complete as many of the challenges as I could within the period...

Edited by beast

The world comes together virtually on the streets of Singapore for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020

https://app.sgmarathonvc.com/en/blog/the-world-comes-together-virtually-on-the-streets-of-singapore-for-the-standard-chartered-singapore-marathon-2020

While the race has pivoted to a unique format this year, local runners can still look forward to the Grand Finale Celebration experience. Held at the Flower Field Hall in the Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay, the Grand Finale Celebration will give runners the opportunity to collect their race entitlements and commemorate their race achievements against photo backdrops of their choice.

newb2feed85846b7928.jpg

http://bit.ly/scsm2020raceentitlement

2 hours ago, beast said:

I was hoping they priced it such that the SCSM finale merchandise is a compulsory base bundle of around $40-50, then each additional challenge finisher medal we can buy for +$10-15, so those who complete more challenges can choose to add and buy more medals. But SCSM organizer already show that they are greedy for money by not putting the finale sale on the VR store...and forcing people to buy and choose only 1 challenge and finisher...

Guess I will just go for useless e-badges/ self-actualization up the hierarchy of needs by planning and hoping to complete as many of the challenges as I could within the period...

Honestly, all Virtual Races come with the following:

1. Register and Pay First for Race Entry [Limited Entry]. 

2. Download the Official App to Record, Save your Activity. You have a choice to Manually Upload if you wish to use other Apps. T & C Apply.

3. Often the Official App must only be Activated prior to Race Day. So, there is no practice or if practice, if there are some technical issues, Technical Support by 3rd Party. In some, the Official App can only be used Once only - Start and Finish of VR Event.

4. Cost - Merchandize differentiation. Running Gearing (including Finisher Tee) - Option to Buy as Bundle with Terms and Conditions. Always Medals are part of the Bundle. Why, because Medal is the Metal Merchandize that is why everyone wants - Finisher. Custom-made means Production has not being made - depends on Demand and Supply.

5. Add features that are never part of Race - One promises Limited Pendant Offer at Specially for 1000 participants. Augmented Reality definitely is NOT. Exclusive only if you are accessible to the Facility with the Expensive Equipments to support in Locations except Your Home.

6. Of course, if you don't want ANY OF ALL OF THE ABOVE, then accept Consolation Prize - Digital Badge. What if you already PAY to Register from [1.], you are Entitled to Bundle already.

Edited by kohpapa
2 hours ago, beast said:

Congrats @kohpapa for finishing another WMM... wish I could sign this up earlier...

Sorry that uncle only found out TCS NYC Marathon Virtual Race last weekend...thanks to  SMSC VR 9 - Double Up! Challenge discussion and brainstorming with @beast for the true revelation of Half Marathon VR [which is a Marketing offering]...definitely it not what that is meant to be...Explain...

Uncle explored 21KM Marathon VR...what if 8KM + 13KM can be "21KM VR" Digital Badge, if yes, Buy Challenge Bundle to how lian with Medal..abuthen..Double Up! Challenge Bundle is not Single Session 21KM VR🤔

Of course, after the announcement of Week 14 - Grand Finale...uncle was already already embarking to the closing days of TCS NYC Marathon [Alert: Nov 1 - 2359 hours, uncle you must complete BUY MEDAL FOR RUN]

SCSM 2020 has NO FM catogory...simply...Double UP! Challenge [2 Sessions] VR even if ALL 5 Categories they add up to 42KM  or More...there are merely Challenge Bundles and will never be Single Session 42KM VR. Everyone finally Wake up to the Reality. NO FM Race [Virtual].

IM Asia is a profitable Event Organizer...Marketing and Sales are at their Best...AR app meant for Biking can be "marketed" as AR app for Running.

Uncle already explained the Technicality...simply a BLE [Bluetooth Apps] sending and receiving data from source - your Running POD either attached to your Shoes or even POD for Chest [Polar brand]...one is measuring the Speed of your Running, the other is measring your Heart Rate...and all these data must work coherently with a software [proprietary BLE App] on either Ipad/Ipod [latest] or Desktop with Big Screen...Yes, audio output...VoiceMap..which uncle has said Run for One Spore uses that one...at that Forum thread...Ipod is that audio output "Cheering", "You are now at Chinatown", "Garden by the Bay was first constructed...."

what so Technical...AR Experience is actually Marketing Gimmick, right?..Where can I buy these fantastic products for Running? Is this a New normal experience for Covid-19 Stay Home and Exercise? Uncle already said..NO, it has been very Normal experience for those who train for IM Biking Experience because in Countries where there is a lengthy period of Winter Months...that is meant for Simulation Training for IM Biking Sessions only. So, what's the big deal for AR Experience in Running - pieces of "white elephants" now at ActiveSG Facilities...yes, booking of hours due to Covid-19 Pandemic...due to the "dark winter months of Singapore"...

Really, do you need to have AR Experience to run a Virtual Race? Where is the FM Virtual Race which in every Marathon Event worldwide is hosting?

What will be uncle's choice - Collection of Digital Badges for remembering SCSM Virtual Club is only a Training Base Platform. There is never a FM Medal Virtual Race. That will be a A REALITY Fact and AR Truth.

Wish that SCSM 2021 will have a REAL RUN, and even if still Virtual Run...no more AR or Challenge Bundle.. Run for Medal Marathon Virtual Race like the Rest of the World Marathon Events...Give us back our FM Category Format.

Edited by kohpapa

Uncle committed to BUY Medal only Series...

Medal-only.jpg

buy.jpg

with Credit 30c uncle has...

discount.jpg

is entitled to $15 discount...

proceeds to get discount code

code.jpg

complete purchase at Check Out...

check-out.jpg

card payment...DONE.

Thanks to SCSM Virtual Club for the great Training Platform (Challenges and VRs) with

total79cbed274e9d1b0c.jpg

to prepare uncle for Virtual TCS New York City Marathon Run New York City (no bridges required) October 17, 2020 to November 1, 2020 ....

more to come...

Edited by kohpapa
2 hours ago, kohpapa said:

The world comes together virtually on the streets of Singapore for the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020

https://app.sgmarathonvc.com/en/blog/the-world-comes-together-virtually-on-the-streets-of-singapore-for-the-standard-chartered-singapore-marathon-2020

While the race has pivoted to a unique format this year, local runners can still look forward to the Grand Finale Celebration experience. Held at the Flower Field Hall in the Flower Dome at Gardens by the Bay, the Grand Finale Celebration will give runners the opportunity to collect their race entitlements and commemorate their race achievements against photo backdrops of their choice.

newb2feed85846b7928.jpg

http://bit.ly/scsm2020raceentitlement

Last time it's race pack collection.

Now it's post race entitlement collection.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:41 PM, beast said:

Last time it's race pack collection.

Now it's post race entitlement collection.

yea... it felt weird to collect these if i haven complete the race... so if i am purchasing, i would prefer to complete the race/races before i collect.. it feels more right....