kohpapa

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020 - 5 Dec [Grand Finale]

5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Update: 3 Virtual Races for Weekend announced...

VR920ba5dc98553fa8.jpg

Looking forward...8KM, 13KM and Combo 8KM and 13KM...for 1/2 Marathon and Marathon distance VR this week...Total Sessions: 4

So you see the SCSM VR Format, clearly now?😀 

Feel free to discuss further...

No need 4 sessions lah... just 2...

As long as you complete both the 8km and 13km, the double up challenge will be considered completed and you can get your virtual badge...

2 hours ago, beast said:

No need 4 sessions lah... just 2...

As long as you complete both the 8km and 13km, the double up challenge will be considered completed and you can get your virtual badge...

virtually you are right...

another digital badge without the 8km and 13km...

4f23f184d19677989.jpg

but when uncle registered...

5cf0819bdc2921967.jpg

this will be the order on how my run progress in action will be taken...

13KM (1 digital badge);
8KM (1 digital badge);
8KM and 13KM (1 digital badge).

3 Virtual Races (no Retry) and 4 Sessions...Marathon distance..42km..

don't worry lah... we are not here to proof if you are right 2 sessions or uncle's 4 sessions is right...

importantly is can uncle complete Marathon distance this weekend?

according to past experiences... the order of distance capturing from apps looks "legitimate"...for Marathon distance attempt...so just go for it lah!

uncle would merely give all feedback end of this week...😀

Edited by kohpapa
2 hours ago, kohpapa said:

virtually you are right...

another digital badge without the 8km and 13km...

4f23f184d19677989.jpg

but when uncle registered...

5cf0819bdc2921967.jpg

this will be the order on how my run progress in action will be taken...

13KM (1 digital badge);
8KM (1 digital badge);
8KM and 13KM (1 digital badge).

3 Virtual Races (no Retry) and 4 Sessions...Marathon distance..42km..

don't worry lah... we are not here to proof if you are right 2 sessions or uncle's 4 sessions is right...

importantly is can uncle complete Marathon distance this weekend?

according to past experiences... the order of distance capturing from apps looks "legitimate"...for Marathon distance attempt...so just go for it lah!

uncle would merely give all feedback end of this week...😀

I think if the objective is to really make us do a (13+8)x2  then it should be easier and less confusing to name the 3rd challenge as to simply complete a 21km.

Anyway, its just a virtual badge, and we will know on Friday. Enjoy your marathon kohpapa.

thanks...

just to have clarification for all who yet understand the SCSM Virtual Club format:

Challenge Weekday has one or multiple sessions and can have "retry unlimited"...so long as you take part in social media for up to 3 prizes...even though when the 3 prizes are finished, you still can "retry"...and so many seasoned and competitive ones take lots of Challenge ones to pile their overall Points or Distance x 10.

VR Weekend has so only one sessions, except for this coming one...Bonus and have "retry" of maximum two sessions. Uniquely, the combination of single sessions 8KM and 13KM = 21KM. The Bonus Up if you do 2 Session of 13KM and 8KM also = 21KM

Something about the algorithmn in the Run Format...

5cf0819bdc2921967.jpg

You must follow the order, so that you can have what you want to achieve. Otherwise, it will be just Points (Distance x 10) but no digital badges to prove you completed with Medals (which you have to purchase with discount from Credits from Points).

Importantly, you must not exceed more than 1KM beyond the distance objective.

Uncle's approach to this weekend - Marathon Distance Virtual Race 9...

Friday - Complete VR 9 (13KM)
Saturday - Complete VR 9 (8KM) then Complete VR (1 Session 8KM)
Sunday - Complete VR (1 Session 13KM)

3 Virtual Races (no Retry) and 4 Sessions...Marathon distance..VR 9 (42Km)..

For those who think we are running marathon or 1/2 marathon virtually, we are actually doing back-to-back distances over the Weekends.

Feel free to discuss so that we can understand SCSM VR format...the last one shall be in Week 15.

I don't think there is an order of completion to fulfill... I randomly choose to complete the shorter/longer distance in the past weeks, and I still got both the virtual badges.

We shall see on Friday, if the double down criteria is based on 1x(13+8) or 2x(13+8)... if the double down shows 50% completion after your 13km is completed, that means we only need to complete 1x not 2x...

I mean, it is not wrong to assume it is x2 based on the understanding of the algorithm or rules in the past, but I don't think the VC is pushing people that hard all of a sudden from (12+7) to 2x(13+8) to get those virtual badges....1x makes more sense...and if it turns out that it is indeed x2 then I will admit that I misunderstood the challenge, but still maintain that it would simply be easier and less confusing to set the 3rd challenge completion as 1x21km...

Challenge Events in SCSM Virtual Club are virtually recording on your distance with no ranking...so whether if you have more digital badges...

but for the Leaderboard Ranking on Virtual Races, pace and timing is important...serious and competitive ones use them to "compete" virtually...locally and globally...

actually, another way to go about this "algorithm" is to activate 2 apps...uncle got Runkeeper (Duration) and Adidas Running (Distance)...

say in 30 min session (Runkeeper), will alert Uncle...to end Challenge....and 13KM (Adidas Running), will alert Uncle to end Race...

only during the window of opportunity on Friday from 0500am - 2359... when both Challenges and VR Events clash...so it will be quite reasonable for BOTH to capture data from one another...like 30 min session challenge captured also in VR of say 5KM..assuming there MR25 runners...5-6KM in 30min...Challenge and VR digital badges..

Because VR Leaderboard with Ranking is more important than Challenges...everyone reserves the best effort on Weekend VR...and would surely do not wish to see "technical errors"..

Because, this is the first time VR has a double up...and so Uncle first look at the algorithm "in order" so that the "competition" in the Leaderboard for VR is always fair and authentic...and with "reasonable" confidence...the 42-KM (VR 9) can be the possible "race format" for the "Grand Finale"...if there should be verified by uncle only by the end of the week...since planning of routes and 12-hour back-to-back sessions (4) have been planned...and with a Friday..

The other one of interest is if there should be SCSM 2020 Team of 6 Ekiden [Virtual Race]

ekiden.jpg

again, if the setup process what we Techie call the "staking" order...5KM first, then 5KM, 10KM, 5KM, 10KM and lastly 7.195KM...yes, we can have actually authentic Ekiden Teams for Leaderboard too...

how about if there should be SCSM Ekiden Team Virtual Race... would you all be interested to form a sgRunners[2020] Virtual Team? 😀

Edited by kohpapa

i didnt really follow the virtual races or challenges strictly. What i will do is to register for those which i think i can fulfill and leave it to fate if i can fulfill them. Sometimes i am running past the distance and the system does not capture that...

20 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Because VR Leaderboard with Ranking is more important than Challenges...everyone reserves the best effort on Weekend VR...and would surely do not wish to see "technical errors"..

Because, this is the first time VR has a double up...and so Uncle first look at the algorithm "in order" so that the "competition" in the Leaderboard for VR is always fair and authentic...and with "reasonable" confidence...the 42-KM (VR 9) can be the possible "race format" for the "Grand Finale"...if there should be verified by uncle only by the end of the week...since planning of routes and 12-hour back-to-back sessions (4) have been planned...and with a Friday..

VR2970b61d4c304536.jpg

yes, uncle is ready...

found a nice Hilly 13KM route  Guard house of the Police Cantonment Complex (opp SGH) >>> Kampong Bahru Road >>> Mount Faber Park >>> Hendeson Waves >>> Telok Blangah Hill Park >>> Hort Park >>> Kent Ridge Park >>> Science Park 1 >>> NUS (Lower Kent Ridge Road) >>> NUS Stadium...

8KM simply Neighbourhood PCNs...got Sports Hub, Promenade Marina Bay, ECP...

No Hydration bag...just bring coins/notes/payment card...

Of course, with HP and running apps...no money to buy techie smart watches...anyway, uncle is the "techie algorithmn" , knows personl "peak performance" and  with "injury-free" status will carry out uncle's first DIY SCSM Virtual 42KM (Week 9)...

Have a great Week 9 (both weekday and weekend)...cheers.

Edited by kohpapa
3 hours ago, kohpapa said:

VR2970b61d4c304536.jpg

yes, uncle is ready...

found a nice Hilly 13KM route  Guard house of the Police Cantonment Complex (opp SGH) >>> Kampong Bahru Road >>> Mount Faber Park >>> Hendeson Waves >>> Telok Blangah Hill Park >>> Hort Park >>> Kent Ridge Park >>> Science Park 1 >>> NUS (Lower Kent Ridge Road) >>> NUS Stadium...

8KM simply Neighbourhood PCNs...got Sports Hub, Promenade Marina Bay, ECP...

No Hydration bag...just bring coins/notes/payment card...

Of course, with HP and running apps...no money to buy techie smart watches...anyway, uncle is the "techie algorithmn" , knows personl "peak performance" and  with "injury-free" status will carry out uncle's first DIY SCSM Virtual 42KM (Week 9)...

Have a great Week 9 (both weekday and weekend)...cheers.

Best of luck Uncle. What do your sources tell you about the format for the final race?

well, thank you for your encouragement...

just following the series of Virtual Race (Weekend)...all have Leaderboard Ranking...

Race.jpg

so if this time...

new-Race.jpg

can be considered as 21KM VR with Leaderboard...

However, what uncle is anticipating is like what @beast...2 Session only... VR9 Double UP is when you complete 13KM and 8KM...

but, if Uncle should do 13KM, then 8KM...

will this info be captured by VR Double UP? if yes, then 21KM VR, if no, then 42KM VR, since uncle also registered for the VR Double UP! and there are 500++ pariticpants...

the only way is to GET 13KM (Individual) and then GET 8KM (Individual) done first...and see if VR Double UP be taken as 2 sessions after...the only way is prepare to do this...as planned...on SAT...

shall report as usual...so keep posted and updated...

December is always known as festive month...Thanksgiving after followed with Christmas (Homecoming for some or most) and looking forward to 2021...because of Covid-19 pandemic...ending with almost ALL LOCAL RACES cancelled...some go Virtual...including SCSM 2020... 

Hence SCSM Weekend [Dec 5,6] seems to be the SCSM Virtual Race (Grand Finale)...just wait for the official version...6 weeks to go...anything could happen...just be prepared and be GEARED UP!

Even if SCSM 2020 should have Elite-only or Selected Runners for Olympic Trials...uncle shall be proxy to the info as World Athletics Road Race Official from SA...but so far...no info on any such possibility...Cross-border Travelling and Covid-19 Measures are still effective...and everyone is talking about Covid-19 CB Phase 3 (Nov)...can Mass Event (like Run) be organized?...maybe..😀

Latest...looks like the Weekday Challenge events...there seems to be no more Re-attempt of Challenge...

challengeac27c89e60317afe.jpg

except

retry.jpg

so uncle just use Re-Try Challenge event to top up Ranking in Distance (Points) as well as recee for 8KM preferred routes...😀

Edited by kohpapa

Give that Phase 3 would only be end of the year, i think its too late for planning purposes, even if Phase 3 starts in November (and thats a big IF).  The number of runners would also far exceed what would be comfortable for the government, who i think would prefer gradual increase in gathering numbers.  

Therefore, I would bet 100% its a virtual race of sorts, and not a mass race where everyone runs together.  At most they have an 'official' route and runners can own time own target.

I too think it is going to be a virtual race for the majority of us, though wonder if they would allow a marathon to proceed just for elites participants, like what Uncle mentioned?

For next year, possibility of mass runs in the thousands really depend on the reliability and how fast the covid test kits can yield the results to 'certify' runners as being covid-free to start the race.

weeks ago...it was announced...

app0ee2b43ca95e093b.jpg

so far, the app at SCSM Virtual Club...

apps3c0d43dc2bdb5a82.jpg

really paces, guides, motivates and records your run from start to finish...

SCSM Virtual Racing Series...

there is also a challenge of "competition" in providing all participants Leaderboard Ranking...more of measuring Performance.. you can also look back at your past performance...

and this is provided free for 15 weeks...

as compared to other known Local Races (Virtual Race)...you have to Pay to Register for Entry for Race, Register to Race to Start Virtual Race

and Virtual Race begins with Technical Errors - NO START button, Can not SAVE, cannot Track, GPS not working, Can we submit Manually because the app is not accurate in capturing data?

submission.jpg

submission1.jpg

of course, most Virtual Race simply "Submit Manually...screenshots...GPS data..."...meaning with no HP and apps, it is still considered as Virtual Edition...POSB for KIDS [Virtual Race]

If Virtual Race has competition for Prize (with Money), then the tracker must be 100% reliable...

Metasports - Run as One SPORE - provides one-of-a-kind racing app records your run from start to finish for Mass Run with staggered Time Slots is uniquely...with "competitive" Virtual Run...Prizes

runasonesg.com-RACE-RESULTS-page-001.jpg

runasonesg.com-RACE-RESULTS-page-002.jpg

runasonesg.com-RACE-RESULTS-page-003.jpg

race76c44ddd8eeec75f.jpg

sounded like participating along side the Elites and Selective Competitive Participants...on designated routes..

will this be SCSM 2020 Format with Prizes on designated routes..

Team events...Ekiden...Team of 6...

ekiden.jpg

will this be possible at SCSM Virtual Race?

feel free to discuss and explore before the real announcements soon....

not surprising...SCSM 2020 Organizing Committee may be reading here.... :phew: ideas and suggestions...for new announcements...

latest: 2020 Shanghai Marathon (Nov 29) will take place...with a field around of 9,000 runners...

Edited by kohpapa
17 hours ago, starfinder said:

I too think it is going to be a virtual race for the majority of us, though wonder if they would allow a marathon to proceed just for elites participants, like what Uncle mentioned?

For next year, possibility of mass runs in the thousands really depend on the reliability and how fast the covid test kits can yield the results to 'certify' runners as being covid-free to start the race.

I don't think the SCSM/ Ironman organizing committee is that "hardworking" to organize a marathon just for local elites (don't think any foreign elite is willing to come to Singapore in just more than a month to go and they have to spend extra days being quarantined...)

That being said, the government would certainly want to conduct some form of trials and studies on how mass events can be conducted under safe conditions during phase 3, before they lay down the official guidelines. SCSM seem to be able to fit into that objective. Though possibility is very low, I won't rule out completely the chance of SCSM being granted approval to be conducted for a small number of runners.

6 hours ago, beast said:

I don't think the SCSM/ Ironman organizing committee is that "hardworking" to organize a marathon just for local elites (don't think any foreign elite is willing to come to Singapore in just more than a month to go and they have to spend extra days being quarantined...)

meanwhile Ironman Asia Volunteers are involved in "SCSM VC"...not preparing for any Race...

vr.jpg

Race Volunteers, like the participants in race, also need to be "covid-19" measured and protected...

Edited by kohpapa
On 10/21/2020 at 9:59 AM, kohpapa said:

new-Race.jpg

can be considered as 21KM VR with Leaderboard...

However, what uncle is anticipating is like what @beast...2 Session only... VR9 Double UP is when you complete 13KM and 8KM...

yes, @beast is right...2 Session (double-up) regardless if you go which one..as long total is 21KM...

taken snapshots from Leaderboard...Double Up VR (21KM) Top 3....and over 500 Participants have yet completed...Started from today 0500...

21km.jpg

unless uncle "manipulate" with the algorithm ... "hacking" is the right word for virtual 42KM...🤔

Edited by kohpapa
20 hours ago, beast said:

That being said, the government would certainly want to conduct some form of trials and studies on how mass events can be conducted under safe conditions during phase 3, before they lay down the official guidelines. SCSM seem to be able to fit into that objective. Though possibility is very low, I won't rule out completely the chance of SCSM being granted approval to be conducted for a small number of runners.

I think the govt is more concerned about MICE events rather than mass running events. 

I don't think the priority of holding a mass running event like SCSM is very high on their list right now.

So I wouldn't say that the possibility is very low. I would say it is zero. :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf
4 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I think the govt is more concerned about MICE events rather than mass running events. 

I don't think the priority of holding a mass running event like SCSM is very high on their list right now.

So I wouldn't say that the possibility is very low. I would say it is zero. :crazysmile:

Fair point. I was actually thinking along the lines of how Wanda Group, the China multinational conglomerate that owns Ironman, may be exercising their influence to get SCSM kickstart on a smaller scale, on the pretext of doing trial and testing for the government. On second thought, out of all the business subsidiaries of Wanda Group, I don't think Ironman is very high on their list either.

5 hours ago, kohpapa said:

yes, @beast is right...2 Session (double-up) regardless if you go which one..as long total is 21KM...

taken snapshots from Leaderboard...Double Up VR (21KM) Top 3....and over 500 Participants have yet completed...Started from today 0500...

21km.jpg

unless uncle "manipulate" with the algorithm ... "hacking" is the right word for virtual 42KM...🤔

Thanks for confirming so early, @kohpapa😅 I was thinking of clarifying it myself when I go for my run this evening.

Give people some time lah, I don't think many people can attempt a 21km on a Friday morning.

uncle is back with a 13km hilly run...humidity is always high...hydration is greatly needed...Hort Park (drinks and snacks vending machines) and NUS (every bus stop has drinks vending machine)...

SCSM Club Event column shows...uncle also completed 8km (by default) with the timing same as for 13km...

complete.jpg

the system (VR - Double UP!) detects that one of the 2 sessions left with pop-up message details - Session 1 - 13KM timing...

by virtue of completing 13KM...also earned 8KM digital badge by default...

badges.jpg

no bad, kill 2 birds with 1 stone...

seem like few are finishers on Day 1 of Weekend 9...

finish.jpg

uncle shall be one of the Finishers tomorrow by 9am...with Session 2 8KM..

well, if this is 1/2 Marathon Format (2 Sessions) for SCSM Virtual Race...can be completed within 12-hour or 24-hour...

what if Full Marathon Format...36-48 hour should be reasonable...over Weekend Virtual Race Fri (0500) to Sun (2359) maybe 4 Sessions...

Tips - Preferred Route is always better...often if short of 1 or 2 km, then can quickly do loops..

for example, 10.5 KM is normal hilly route...but to top up to 13KM...uncle ran double up and down MT Faber...double Telok Blangah Hill route...double Lower Kent Ridge to Kent Ridge MRT...and time wasted because "finding" alternative route to make up for the Distance...😕 

Edited by kohpapa

wow, VR (Weekend 10) announces 15KM and 8KM...

VR-10.jpg

moving beyond 1/2 Marathon Distance if taken together...23KM..

uncle did this 15KM VR once

15km.jpg

15KM route...Promenade [Floating Platform] - Marina Barrage - Marina East Drive - Construction Site - ECP (Fort Road) - National Sailing Centre - NSRCC...

yap...Weekend 10 VR...uncle goes ECP loh..

Edited by kohpapa

uncle is back with...completion..21KM...VR

back-to-back.jpg

this 8KM or 5Mile+ is completely exhausting....back-to-back from 13KM or 8Mile+...and completely no hydration...weather cool but humidity is still HIGH...

Tips - better bring a second battery for your HP...because towards end of final mile...battery low and flat...luckily today uncle ran Neighbourhood PCNs...otherwise....*$@+

Enjoy your Weekend...

Added:

VR (Weekend 8 ) 13KM 

2f992a2a83b4784c9.jpg

VR (Weekend 9 ) 13KM

13km.jpg

Ranking (Week 8 )

rankd73fd3dd9d16a8b7.jpg

Ranking (Week 9 )

rank7ddc1a908873ee98.jpg

1000+ SCSM Virtual Club members have joined...

Total mileage so far..

sept.jpg

total.jpg

with 1 week to go before moving on to November...

Tip - If those of you want to get to a better ranking position in NOVEMBER...

Start Nov 1  (Sunday) with New Ranking (Nov)...

VR-10.jpg

2 Runs and get 230+ Points...👍

Edited by kohpapa