Sign in to follow this  
kohpapa

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020 - 5 Dec - 6 Dec (Sat - Sun)

It will be a last minute decision as there is pressure. Being involved for the last 2 years one will realise that there are many stakeholders in SCSM and not just Ironman.

OhMyGod,

The real pressure is how to milk more $$$.

Best case, anti covid-19 drug found & human testing done by 2021, add 6mth for mass production = june 2021.

Having mass run is putting runner at risk !!!

Posted (edited)

Risk is definitely there especially if the situation by Dec is similar to current. Then if they really want to push this forward, it really depends on individuals risk appetite. One can choose not to race if they don't feel comfy about it. I just have a feel it will be cancelled.... 

Edited by AutumnRunner

Believe me, I want to run SCSM this December, but I won't.

I'm not being a downer on this, but I think we all know the reason why.

By the way, I'm glad to see the admin finally got rid of the troll post from the "loan shark" company that spammed the forum threads with posts a few weeks back... it seemed to take more than 3 weeks though. Imagine, 3 weeks of free adverstising on this site? C'mon SG Runners, show a little more love for your forum!

20 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

I agree with your sentiment 100%. 

In fact, I doubt there will be any races this year. And possibly for the 1H2021.

So in my estimation, Pink Apple is overly optimistic in re-scheduling 2XU Comression Run 2021. I don't think it will happen. 

20 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

By the way, I'm glad to see the admin finally got rid of the troll post from the "loan shark" company that spammed the forum threads with posts a few weeks back... it seemed to take more than 3 weeks though. Imagine, 3 weeks of free adverstising on this site? C'mon SG Runners, show a little more love for your forum!

I think you are the one who should be showing love to the boss. :thumbsdown:

If you see spams, do you part and report the post.  

Frankly, I have no idea why anyone would want to spam this site though. There are thousands more active forum sites out there. :whistle:

I did. 😉 I sent a message to @thelonelyrunner about it quite some time back, but the posts were taken down only 1-2 days ago.
Folks are busy with work of course (I usually post here in my spare time too), but at one point, I was already beginning to wonder if I was the only one who noticed the spam.

I came to this forum quite recently and found that it is indeed uhm, "very quiet" 🤫  as you mentioned, but there's usually no logic behind the motive of spammers & trolls.---> They just disrupt forums simply for the heck of it.

On 7/19/2020 at 9:34 AM, RaijinFJ said:

Understand and totally respect why you choose to do that....

23 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

I did. 😉 I sent a message to @thelonelyrunner about it quite some time back, but the posts were taken down only 1-2 days ago.
Folks are busy with work of course (I usually post here in my spare time too), but at one point, I was already beginning to wonder if I was the only one who noticed the spam.

I came to this forum quite recently and found that it is indeed uhm, "very quiet" 🤫  as you mentioned, but there's usually no logic behind the motive of spammers & trolls.---> They just disrupt forums simply for the heck of it.

saw the spam, and it is not the 1st time... over the years there were some here and there.... just report to the admin here and they will settle it... haaa

On 7/19/2020 at 11:09 AM, RaijinFJ said:

Lovely! Let's continue to do our parts and reports any spam when we come across them. :friends:

I'm sure the boss is doing his best to deal with it. 

But you do bring up a valid point though. Are they no other moderators beside the boss still active in this forum?:unknw:

22 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

No races, therefore this forum is more quiet.

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, our "running life" is more than just races. 😃

There were times in my life when I wouldn't even join a race for over a year (this year, 2020 would probably be one of them). I still ran consistently and "religiously" during those years though, even if I didn't register for a race. That's also the reason why despite the fact that I've completed so many marathon and ultra length LSD's on my own, I've only listed 8 races (6 "marys" & 2 ultras) in my profile because those 8 were organized races. The mileage on my running log actually lists a far lot more than that. 

I see an organized race only as an "independent 3rd party audit" of my running, but they aren't my motivation to run.  😉

1 hour ago, RaijinFJ said:

I don't know about you guys, but in my opinion, our "running life" is more than just races. 😃

I see an organized race only as an "independent 3rd party audit" of my running, but they aren't my motivation to run.  😉

Agree with you. I guess most of us will still run on our own albeit not in a race.

For me,  I enjoy the company in mass running and the associated activities pre and post race.

On 7/21/2020 at 3:46 PM, lonewolf said:

But you do bring up a valid point though. Are they no other moderators beside the boss still active in this forum?:unknw:

i think most have retired actually from the forum... if i am not wrong....

3 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

agree with this... its just like an "exam" after practicing for a period of time....

Saw a Straits Times article about the possibility of SCSM going as a Virtual race... i have also quoted a para which everyone can have a glimpse of how this year's SCSM will look like...

https://www.straitstimes.com/sport/marathon-going-virtual

Quoted from the article, is a paragraph which SportSG CEO said,

"Whether part of the competition is indoors and running on treadmills, or whether part of that competition is during competition week where people track their distances where they go outdoor and run with pacers or on their own… the idea is that a single-day marathon is now split into several months, with different phases of engagements and with different types of activity."