Sign in to follow this  
kohpapa

Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon 2020 - 5 Dec - 6 Dec (Sat - Sun)

Bekele vs Kipchoge @ April 2020 London Marathon

bekele-vs-kipchoge.jpg

(info - WMM FB)

Kipchoge won the 2017 Berlin Marathon where Bekele failed to finish the race. Kipchoge, the 2016 Rio Olympic champion, will be going for an unprecedented fifth title on his fifth appearance at the London streets, having won the event in a course record time of 2 hours, 02 minutes and 37 seconds in 2019.

Edited by kohpapa

Soh Rui Yong broke a 24-year old National Record in 2019 Seoul Marathon with 2:23:42. 

soh18b17b7c0890a521.jpg

Will SRY break another PB and NR in 2020 Seoul Marathon World Athletics Platinum Label Road Race on 22 March?

Singapore enjoyed the best decade in marathon running history from 2010-2019.

Compiled by Md Sha of Singapore Athletics

SA7fff94cb47f5ea85.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Happy Eating and Running - Survive Chinese New Year Feasting Easily

Chinese New Year is always a fun-filled time with family, friends and food. Amidst the endless gatherings and tempting goodies, it is easy for us to let our hair down and indulge in whatever is presented to us.

But not without guilt.

cny.jpg

(info - https://www.runsociety.com/food-nutrition/how-you-can-survive-chinese-new-year-feasting-easily/)

runsociety.com-How-You-Can-Survive-Chine

Wishing all - 年年有余 (nián nián yôu yú) means have abundance year after year and prosperity in the new year.

cnyd4b33bd411747fe3.gif

Edited by kohpapa

On 1/23/2020 at 5:42 AM, kohpapa said:

Happy Eating and Running - Survive Chinese New Year Feasting Easily

Chinese New Year is always a fun-filled time with family, friends and food. Amidst the endless gatherings and tempting goodies, it is easy for us to let our hair down and indulge in whatever is presented to us.

But not without guilt.

cny.jpg

(info - https://www.runsociety.com/food-nutrition/how-you-can-survive-chinese-new-year-feasting-easily/)

Wishing all - 年年有余 (nián nián yôu yú) means have abundance year after year and prosperity in the new year.

Wah @kohpapa, i see all these calories my sums all don't add up siah... Lol...

I wack first & then do my running later to burn.

Taking this opportunity to wish Kohpapa & peeps " A Happy & Prosperous Huat Huat New Year!"

SCHKM 2020 cancelled its largest marathon...

(extract from mybestruns.com)

mybestruns.com-Hong-Kong-canceled-its-la

Trivia on SCHKM:

hong-kong-marathon_1190.jpg

hong-kong-marathon_1191.jpg

hkmarathon.com-Race-Information-Standard

hkmarathon.com-Race-Information-Standard

Interesting note:

hkde1342c94c1e3342.jpg

Registration and Acceptance (Priority Entry)

hkmarathon.com-FAQ-Standard-Chartered-Ho

hkmarathon.com-FAQ-Standard-Chartered-Ho

Special interest - Green Marathon

hkmarathon.com-Green-Marathon-page-001.j

hkmarathon.com-Green-Marathon-page-002.j

Edited by kohpapa

On 1/25/2020 at 12:39 PM, SG RED DEVIL said:

Wah @kohpapa, i see all these calories my sums all don't add up siah... Lol...

I wack first & then do my running later to burn.

Taking this opportunity to wish Kohpapa & peeps " A Happy & Prosperous Huat Huat New Year!"

Same Same to you, @SG RED DEVIL Happy & Prosperous Huat Huat New 

Edited by kohpapa

9th Asian Indoor Athletics Championship cancelled (Hanzhou, China Feb 12-13)...Wuxi Marathon (March 22)...

http://aims-worldrunning.org/news.html

cancelled.jpg

World Indoor Athletics Championships in Nanjing (March 13-15) threathens

theguardian.com-Coronavirus-threatens-Wo

theguardian.com-Coronavirus-threatens-Wo

Everyone's next concern : Tokyo Marathon 2020 and other AbottWMM Wanda Age Group races (China and Japan)...

so.jpg

english.kyodonews.net-Japan-sees-1st-cor

english.kyodonews.net-Japan-sees-1st-cor

SERIWMM-qualifiers.jpg

and 2020 Seoul Marathon on 22 March.

Coronavirus and you as Runners

(info - https://www.runnersworld.com/news/a30642790/what-is-coronavirus/)

runnersworld.com-What-Is-Coronavirus-pag

Pay attention to hygienic rules, and try not to overtrain.

Symptoms of coronavirus: runny nose, headache, cough, sore throat, fever, a general feeling of being unwell. Unlike most cases of SARS begin with a high fever. 

Other early symptoms include those commom to flu, such as aches, chills, diarrhoea and shortness of breath. These will develop over the course of a week. 

Patients may go on to develop pneumonia, an infection of the lungs.

Already in Local Run Races :  Feb 15 Marina Run 2020 Suspended Registration (more updates to be announced)

feb-race.jpg

canceled.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

I created a new thread to discuss on the 2019-nCoV virus outbreak. 

It's better to have a consolidated thread for this than to have bit and pieces all over the place. 

Pls continue discussion over there >> 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I created a new thread to discuss on the 2019-nCoV virus outbreak. 

It's better to have a consolidated thread for this than to have bit and pieces all over the place. 

Pls continue discussion over there >> 

Good move. Seriously this thread very hard to discuss the actual coming SCSM. All the off topic wall of text, make it very hard to follow what is relevant to SCSM.

Edited by Ender

noted for everyone..shall delete all that are out of text and non relavant soon..

done for most, and thanks to @Ender and @lonewolf 😁. importantly, wish all stay strong and healthy.

Edited by kohpapa

On 1/14/2020 at 7:53 PM, beast said:

You really think the government can and will control the number of events happening on 5 Dec evening? They can and will control the number of couples going to hold weddings in town, the performers coming here to put on concerts, the groups that are going to hold events like AFA.....?

I don't know what to say if you really think the government is going to do that.....

Well.... right now if we want SCSM to continue in evening, they have to do something about it... I dun think they can afford another round of complain by the public... 

13 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Well.... right now if we want SCSM to continue in evening, they have to do something about it... I dun think they can afford another round of complain by the public... 

Yes obviously they will have to do something about it, maybe work with Ironman on the race route or something more realistic, not to the point of controlling or restricting the events held by the public as per what you previously suggested..........

World Athletics Ruling on Shoes for Competition for the Elite Athletes

(info: mybestruns.com)

mybestruns.com-World-Athletics-modifies-

Nike's Vaporfly shoe permitted for run in Tokyo 2020 Olympics

(info : mybestruns.com)

mybestruns.png

mybestruns.com-Nikes-controversial-Vapor

mybestruns.com-Nikes-controversial-Vapor

Edited by kohpapa

3 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Perhaps shoe discussions should be in the Shoe category of the forum:

http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/forum/132-shoes/

Dear @Lady Ice, sorry if you have found if it would be in"appropriate" in this forum for the discussion of High Tech shoes. Perhaps uncle was more of bringing to the attention of the controversial issue for marathon races for the Elites and for those who "break PB" with their High Tech shoes,  in a fair and sportsmanship race manner.

ban.jpg

High Tech shoes offer "technical advantage" over those who do not with faster time, so is it BANNed or not? if NOT, what was the decision for the APPROVAL? Will more runners be using or buying High Tech shoes because it is not long "Doping/Cheating" to win a race because the controversial Nike Vaporfly is officially APPROVED for 2020 Toyko Olympics by World Athletics? 

Uncle does not run with shoes, but having ran and experienced with the controversial Nike Vaporfly, uncle could feel the "faster" running gait, let's say, uncle became a "Kangaroo" runner with the technical advantage with the High Tech touch. Do you know that uncle wifey even accused uncle as a "Doping/Cheating" runner because it was BANNED shoes pending on decision by World Athletics. Of course, this is no longer an issue.

My sharing with reasons - there will be more High Tech shoes marketing like Nike Vaporfly because many Elites had been wearing them in the past and officially they are no longer CONTROVERSIAL. They are APPROVED for all Sanctioned Races.  So, why not for sgRunners to try-out with High Tech shoes in 2020 SCSM and make PBs. It is still not too late to try and phase-in  with running in races to the shoes before Dec 5-6, 2020 😀

Just an interest, @Lady Ice, previously you did mention a meeting was planned in mid-February with the SCSM 2020 committee on Zero Waste proposal like option for SCSM participant to opt-in for NO RUNNING SINGLET similar to the NTUC Income Run and OCBC Cycling events. Any update for your exclusively  "insider" SCSM 2020 information. Thank you.

Edited by kohpapa

Appreciate uncle for sharing all the information, but I agree with Lady Ice that such discussion should be highlighted elsewhere in the forum and not pertaining to the run itself...