Sign in to follow this  
kohpapa

Anyone wants to do TADS - Triathlon? Aquathlon? Duathlon? Spartan?

Tri-Factor SeriesSports promoter in Singapore

(info - facebook.com/TRIFACTOR.Series)

facebook.com-Tri-Factor-SeriesSports-pro

facebook.com-Tri-Factor-SeriesSports-pro

Uncle, I have just restarted my swimming regime to try for next year's triathlon, but now got to stop again since swimming pools will be closed from next Tuesday onwards. Wonder during this period will more people continue their swim streak in the sea?

20 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Uncle, I have just restarted my swimming regime to try for next year's triathlon, but now got to stop again since swimming pools will be closed from next Tuesday onwards. Wonder during this period will more people continue their swim streak in the sea?

uncle has shared in another forum thread COVID-19 and its impact of Races..

shared-page-002.jpg

shared-page-003.jpg

shared-page-004.jpg

shared-page-005.jpg

it is not recommended for all...this is uncle's plan to keep actively "strong and fit" for 2020...

Edited by kohpapa

7 hours ago, starfinder said:

I see Uncle. I will sign up some virtual races to keep running with at least a goal in sight.

Great, it is always to have a goal in mind, the rest shall take care of what you want to do in 2021.

As for the swimming part for triathlon training, uncle followed this video session with bike trye tubings...

Dave Scott demonstrates how to adjust your swimming routine and achieve a workout without a pool.

Here local open water races

Sentosa
sentosa.jpg

East Coast Park
ECP.jpg

Of course, swimming in the "real" medium whether in pool water or open water (sea, lake or river), that depends on the also on condition like in cold temperature, the need to suit up...

cold.jpg

only experience counts...hope one day you shall plan to do that next time.....future after Covid-19...

Edited by kohpapa

17 hours ago, starfinder said:

Thank you Uncle for your encouragement!

uncle started inspiration from Dr Phil Maffetone on Endurance Training and Racing for Triathletes

Big-Book-of-Endurance-Training-and-Racin

Are you a triathlete, runner, cyclist, swimmer, cross-country skier? Learn how to stay healthy, achieve optimal athletic

I borrowed from National Library Board many years ago, better plan to get it soon...All NLB will close 7/4 to 4/5 during the 1-month Circuit Breaker because of Covid-19.

Importantly during the 1-month Sports, to learn and adopt proper techniques (mechanics) in multi-event Running, Cycling and Swimming. To be efficient means discipline to do it right, and do the right thing all the time.

Nothing is Impossible. Everything is Possible.

Edited by kohpapa