Jump to content
lonewolf

Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 - [CANCELLED]

Recommended Posts

On 4/21/2020 at 7:20 PM, thelonelyrunner said:

Nice! Hmm. 2XU still holding strong not to refund... 🙄

Yes, Boss. 2XU still want everyone to race in 2020. But if Singapore Circuit Breaker get extended, then how to have mass running event?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kcslchin said:

Yes, Boss. 2XU still want everyone to race in 2020. But if Singapore Circuit Breaker get extended, then how to have mass running event?

Can, Elite-only run, like all other major marathon races, the rest of mass do Virtual Race.

Edited by kohpapa
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2020 at 1:44 PM, kohpapa said:

Can, Elite-only run, like all other major marathon races, the rest of mass do Virtual Race.

Not in Singapore...............

And even if CB is lifted, still must practice safe distancing and also no mass gatherings (which I understand incl mass running events) unless you only have....I don't know.....less than 10 elites running and not be too near each ? 

 

BUT 2XU, please refund those who signed up lah

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Not in Singapore...............

And even if CB is lifted, still must practice safe distancing and also no mass gatherings (which I understand incl mass running events) unless you only have....I don't know.....less than 10 elites running and not be too near each ? 

Tokyo Marathon limited to elite runners over virus fears

(The Mainichi - Tokyo report extracted)

mainichi.jp-Tokyo-Marathon-limited-to-el

 

it was reported, over 200 ran.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if marathons will now turn into elite events for the meantime -  as in for 2:45 times or better only...

My goodness, it would be easier to qualify for Boston rather than sign up with them then! 🥴 

These organizers might be forgetting that its the ordinary, middle of the pack (4hr ++ time runners) whose registration fees make these events even possible. I don't want to pay for an event so the elites can run the course, while the rest of us will just have to content ourselves with sending them our GPS watch logs. I might as well run a marathon or ultra on my own... for free! 😜

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

while the rest of us will just have to content ourselves with sending them our GPS watch logs. I might as well run a marathon or ultra on my own... for free! 😜

 

How about doing an inexpensive virtual marathon race? Have a medal at least to celebrate the completion? 😆

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Admin
On 5/5/2020 at 5:51 AM, kcslchin said:

Not in Singapore...............

And even if CB is lifted, still must practice safe distancing and also no mass gatherings (which I understand incl mass running events) unless you only have....I don't know.....less than 10 elites running and not be too near each ? 

 

BUT 2XU, please refund those who signed up lah

running events are considered non essential. it is a possibility that mass gathering of any event will not be allowed even though the number of community spread is getting lesser or maybe even down to zero as long as the vaccine is not available and the world's number of infected people is still alot, i don't think our govt will take any chance until the end of the year to prevent second wave from happening. If second wave ever happened, which historically did happened, govt must ensure that they are in control and bring it back down again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2020 at 8:06 AM, thelonelyrunner said:

running events are considered non essential. it is a possibility that mass gathering of any event will not be allowed even though the number of community spread is getting lesser or maybe even down to zero as long as the vaccine is not available and the world's number of infected people is still alot, i don't think our govt will take any chance until the end of the year to prevent second wave from happening. If second wave ever happened, which historically did happened, govt must ensure that they are in control and bring it back down again.

I agree but look at the people running/jogging or walking on PCN - Park Connector Networks especially during weekends. It's crazy. Almost no zero distancing

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2020 at 11:11 AM, kcslchin said:

I agree but look at the people running/jogging or walking on PCN - Park Connector Networks especially during weekends. It's crazy. Almost no zero distancing

We've got the same problem here. I just move away as much as I can.
I never say anything though. If you try that here where I run, they'll just give you a funny look and think you're "kay poh🙄

What most people don't seem to realize is that the problem (Covid-19) hasn't been eradicated.  It's still here, active and spreading. All these global lockdowns just managed to SLOW it, but its far from over. ☠️☠️☠️

Link to post
Share on other sites

well well, uncle came here to not to end, but it has something to do about Infinitus Productions on Sundown...[2021]

infinitus.jpg

everyone already know about Infinitus Productions recently in this one... overwhelmingly SOLD OUT!...must be great to know...

ST.jpg

 

About LIV3LY app...

liv3ly.com-EMPOWER-YOUR-ATHLETES-page-00

if Sundown 2020 [Virtual Race] should be held...no problem...because...had one held Sundown 2019 [Virtual Race] in Vietnam...

 

1-page-001.jpg

 

1-page-002.jpg

love those LIV3LY points on...medal + entitlements...and how then is registration supposed to be...you go and figure out in LIV3LY points system...uncle too lazy to "think"...as long as registration is FOC...uncle will do anything..but is it?

found this one..Sundown 2020/2021 Virtual Run...ink here - 


2021-Sundown.jpg

more info from link here - https://www.justrunlah.com/virtual-run/sundown-run-2020/

connect.justrunlah.com-Sundown-Run-2020-


connect.justrunlah.com-Sundown-Run-2020-

connect.justrunlah.com-Sundown-Run-2020-

basically...merchandising...

connect.justrunlah.com-Sundown-Run-2020-


connect.justrunlah.com-Sundown-Run-2020-

 

connect.justrunlah.com-Sundown-Run-2020-

 

connect.justrunlah.com-Sundown-Run-2020-

 

not bad, a prelude of what Sundown Marathon 2021 [Virtual Race] shall gear up ...from Oct 2020 - March 2021... this is a tie-up with JustRunLah!

so, 2021...with or without Covid-19...expect Infinitus Productions...come strongly...

offer any Virtual Race or/and Run...with LIV3LY App...Gear-up, Registration, Medal and Entitlement...TBA...

after March 2021...don't be surprised...if you shall hear from Sundown 2021 Race virtually...😀

* important always...read terms and conditions...

* virtual race attract many first-time participants...uncle is never first-time

* ultra 100KM Virtual if offered...anyone interested? if shall have one...DNF...NO WAY lah!...Drive/Ride Bike/Run/Walk...multiple submissions..right?

Edited by kohpapa
Link to post
Share on other sites

Some personal thoughts on the virtual run version:

1) I understand they are trying to be different from the others virtual run, but man... you need to register as a team? Unless your other half is also a runner, or you have very close friends who are just as enthusiastic about runners as you, it will be hard to attract sign ups.

2) Collection of entitlements is seriously a hassle....and if you want them to be mailed to you it would come at an additional cost....seriously for the high registration costs they can't factor the cost of mailing these to the participants, like what the other organizers are doing?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...