Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 - [CANCELLED]

On 4/21/2020 at 7:20 PM, thelonelyrunner said:

Nice! Hmm. 2XU still holding strong not to refund... 🙄

After last year cash flow issue, i seriously doubt so. 

On 4/21/2020 at 7:20 PM, thelonelyrunner said:

Nice! Hmm. 2XU still holding strong not to refund... 🙄

Yes, Boss. 2XU still want everyone to race in 2020. But if Singapore Circuit Breaker get extended, then how to have mass running event?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kcslchin said:

Yes, Boss. 2XU still want everyone to race in 2020. But if Singapore Circuit Breaker get extended, then how to have mass running event?

Can, Elite-only run, like all other major marathon races, the rest of mass do Virtual Race.

Edited by kohpapa

On 4/30/2020 at 1:44 PM, kohpapa said:

Can, Elite-only run, like all other major marathon races, the rest of mass do Virtual Race.

Not in Singapore...............

And even if CB is lifted, still must practice safe distancing and also no mass gatherings (which I understand incl mass running events) unless you only have....I don't know.....less than 10 elites running and not be too near each ? 

BUT 2XU, please refund those who signed up lah

4 hours ago, kcslchin said:

And even if CB is lifted, still must practice safe distancing and also no mass gatherings (which I understand incl mass running events) unless you only have....I don't know.....less than 10 elites running and not be too near each ? 

Tokyo Marathon limited to elite runners over virus fears

(The Mainichi - Tokyo report extracted)

mainichi.jp-Tokyo-Marathon-limited-to-el

it was reported, over 200 ran.

I wonder if marathons will now turn into elite events for the meantime -  as in for 2:45 times or better only...

My goodness, it would be easier to qualify for Boston rather than sign up with them then! 🥴 

These organizers might be forgetting that its the ordinary, middle of the pack (4hr ++ time runners) whose registration fees make these events even possible. I don't want to pay for an event so the elites can run the course, while the rest of us will just have to content ourselves with sending them our GPS watch logs. I might as well run a marathon or ultra on my own... for free! 😜

47 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

while the rest of us will just have to content ourselves with sending them our GPS watch logs. I might as well run a marathon or ultra on my own... for free! 😜

How about doing an inexpensive virtual marathon race? Have a medal at least to celebrate the completion? 😆

On 5/5/2020 at 5:51 AM, kcslchin said:

BUT 2XU, please refund those who signed up lah

running events are considered non essential. it is a possibility that mass gathering of any event will not be allowed even though the number of community spread is getting lesser or maybe even down to zero as long as the vaccine is not available and the world's number of infected people is still alot, i don't think our govt will take any chance until the end of the year to prevent second wave from happening. If second wave ever happened, which historically did happened, govt must ensure that they are in control and bring it back down again.

On 5/7/2020 at 8:06 AM, thelonelyrunner said:

running events are considered non essential. it is a possibility that mass gathering of any event will not be allowed even though the number of community spread is getting lesser or maybe even down to zero as long as the vaccine is not available and the world's number of infected people is still alot, i don't think our govt will take any chance until the end of the year to prevent second wave from happening. If second wave ever happened, which historically did happened, govt must ensure that they are in control and bring it back down again.

I agree but look at the people running/jogging or walking on PCN - Park Connector Networks especially during weekends. It's crazy. Almost no zero distancing

On 6/7/2020 at 11:11 AM, kcslchin said:

I agree but look at the people running/jogging or walking on PCN - Park Connector Networks especially during weekends. It's crazy. Almost no zero distancing

We've got the same problem here. I just move away as much as I can.
I never say anything though. If you try that here where I run, they'll just give you a funny look and think you're "kay poh🙄

What most people don't seem to realize is that the problem (Covid-19) hasn't been eradicated.  It's still here, active and spreading. All these global lockdowns just managed to SLOW it, but its far from over. ☠️☠️☠️