lonewolf

Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 - [CANCELLED]

On 3/17/2020 at 8:23 AM, RaijinFJ said:

Same story here. The date of SDM seems to change almost every year, so I opted for a refund first (if they give it), then will definitely sign up next year if my schedule permits. 🤩

Same for me! 

Just an update folks.

It's been three weeks since I sent them my request for refund, but so far , nothing🥺  I made the reqeust long before their deadline to do so (March 30), and they said the process may take up to 3 weeks, but there's no reversal on my bank statement.
I've already sent them a follow up message. I wonder if they'd even reply?

I'm not being KPKB about it, but they made an offer to refund so I accepted. It doesn't seem logical to make such an offer if they have no intention on honor that commitment right🥱

Edited by RaijinFJ
41 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

Just an update folks.

It's been three weeks since I sent them my request for refund, but so far , nothing🥺  I made the reqeust long before their deadline to do so (March 30), and they said the process may take up to 3 weeks, but there's no reversal on my bank statement.

I'm not being KPKB about it, but they made an offer to refund so I accepted. It doesn't seem logical to make such an offer if they have no intention on honor that commitment right🥱

I also opted for refund and they had said will refund to me. I can only guess there may be many runners opting for this. We just have to be patient for the transactions to go through bah...

On 3/17/2020 at 10:14 AM, kohpapa said:

Meantime, we will promise to wait-and-see how....they process the papers by 6/7/8 April for individual runner based on @RaijinFJ...hope it is not 6/7/8 April year 2021 or  kena "lockdown" not because of Covid-19, because we really sometimes do not see Implications of Race because of Covid-19, especially we pay money (expensive or not), we need to know more.

thank you for your timely update...in case you want to know, today is the last day that most companies will be asked to work from home (7/4 to 4/5)...so meanwhile....let's hope it is not 5/6/7 May 2021...

meanwhile...uncle 🍿🥧 and 😷 and virtual run signup from home...yes...take advise...get a treadmill also...

run.gif

Edited by kohpapa
2 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Just an update folks.

1 hour ago, starfinder said:

I also opted for refund and they had said will refund to me. I can only guess there may be many runners opting for this. We just have to be patient for the transactions to go through bah...

I guess too many ask for refunds and they don't have the manpower to process all of them.

With the shutting down of the non-essential companies tomorrow, I suppose the refund would take even much longer.

On 3/13/2020 at 9:14 AM, lonewolf said:

For everything that Infinitus may have done wrong last year, there is one thing that they are doing right this year that matter - an offer to REFUND!

Personally I am not affected but I certainly applaud Infinitus for offering something that not even some of the WMM organiser is doing. I'm sure this come at a great cost to them but in return, I think they have generated a tremendous amount of goodwill from the running community.

And that is something that you can't buy with money. 

So well done Infinitus! :goodjob: 

On 3/13/2020 at 10:31 AM, kohpapa said:

Spokesman from Sundown Marathon 2020 (F4U Pte Ltd) announced...directly.. and instructed to its 2020 race organiser, Infinitus Production, to refund to affected participants...

Note that, Sundown Marathon 2020 is owned by 4FU Pte Ltd, and they can choose any race organiser...we certainly applaud Sundown Marathon 2020 (F4U Pte Ltd) for the decision for Refund and instructed Infinitus Production (race organiser) to administer the Refund.

Well done, OSIM Sundown Marathon 2020. You have done the right thing. 🤗

A week ago into April 2020, Sundown Facebook:

sundown.jpg

Infinitus are tasked to process the refunds. Thank you, F4U Pte Ltd.

Well done, OSIM Sundown Marathon 2020 (aka F4U Pte Ltd), why is that Infinitus (hello@sundownmarathon.com) never reply and process the refunds? What the F4U!, you will be sending everyone emails again to confirm? lol....

So Infinitus didn't send the emails, and Infinitus "did not" offer to REFUND!, they just simply process the Refund because they are instructed and tasked. So what happened? No reply from Infinitus (hello@sundownmarathon.com)...hello...anyone there @sundownmarathon.com?

Tsk...tsk..tsk..a non-race Event administrative task...Infinitus did not even meet the goal as required...shall be "negatively" documented in Sundown Marathon 2021 Forum thread...😷

Edited by kohpapa
11 hours ago, starfinder said:

I have received my refund. $65. I think this was what I paid during sign up for FM at the SCSM Expo. Seemed no deduction for admin or other fees.

Great to hear that...yes, special price at $65 (inclusive of GST). Refund is the task of Infinitus.

How about the rest, before uncle changes "negative" on Infinitus to "neutral", remember this is a simple agreed transaction 3-week timeline...and there is no race organising/administration in 2020.

Edited by kohpapa
21 hours ago, starfinder said:

I have received my refund. $65. I think this was what I paid during sign up for FM at the SCSM Expo. Seemed no deduction for admin or other fees.

Good to hear. I haven't gotten mine yet (SGD $85).

To be fair, they did reply to the email I sent on April 6, and they said my refund was still under administrative process (maybe mine is taking a bit longer because my bank is from overseas and the process is a little bit more complicated.  😬

1 hour ago, RaijinFJ said:

To be fair, they did reply to the email I sent on April 6, and they said my refund was still under administrative process (maybe mine is taking a bit longer because my bank is from overseas and the process is a little bit more complicated.  😬

hello@sundownmaration.com (infinitus) replied to you "refund was still under administrative process"..ok 👌

uncle upgrade Sundown Marathon in 2021 from "negative" to "neutral" status for meeting the goal of participants who opt for refund instead of transfering slot to 2021..in the year 2020...

very soon, we shall be saying goodbye@sundownmarathon.com in 2020....it has been a memorial sundown marathon edition...the race was cancelled..because of Covid-19. 😷

Edited by kohpapa
2 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Yes, do give them some time. The participation for Sundown is usually more than 10K. If majority requests for refund, it will definitely take time.

glad to know that action has been taken...and glad to know that some here have had their refunds...locals as well as overseas...

please updates...for we are here to be "awakened" because of Covid-19...how Refund process takes place...so that we can expect Post Covid-19...a policy on how long with a Refund process would be expected...

The 12th edition of the the OSIM Sundown Marathon Singapore saw close to 25,000 participants...yes, agree...expect more time if all 25,000 participants would want Full Refund...

sundown09130033a1213943.jpg

if $50 on average x 25,000...factoring races from 5km to Full Marathon....wah $1.25 million....will have to be paid out....

Another Full Refund (with no option to transfer slot to 2021) is in progess will be NTUC Income Run 2020....3-4 more weeks outstanding...that one is about 9,000 in 2019....

Edited by kohpapa
On 4/8/2020 at 11:19 AM, starfinder said:

Same here. I signed it up at the same event with same amount and just received the full refund almost at the same time... So nice. 🤗

11 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

Same here. I signed it up at the same event with same amount and just received the full refund almost at the same time... So nice. 🤗

Perhaps the processing of refunds is by date you signed up, so if you signed up earlier you get your refunds processed first. Did you guys pay in cash or or electronically(credit card, etc)? How did you get the refund (cash or re-credit)?

I'm really happy for you guys... but getting kinda discouraged here if you understand what I'm saying (getting gloomy thoughts). 😓 

Edited by RaijinFJ
8 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

Perhaps the processing of refunds is by date you signed up, so if you signed up earlier you get your refunds processed first. Did you guys pay in cash or or electronically(credit card, etc)? How did you get the refund (cash or re-credit)?

I'm really happy for you guys... but getting kinda discouraged here if you understand what I'm saying (getting gloomy thoughts). 😓 

I paid by cash during sign up.

Ah, this must be the first batch then, everybody who signed up during SCSM expo and really early.

I just hope the delay in my refund isn't because I'm not a local (I hope not) 😓 (Sorry, just getting a lot of gloomy thoughts right now😟

3 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Ah, this must be the first batch then, everybody who signed up during SCSM expo and really early.

I just hope the delay in my refund isn't because I'm not a local (I hope not) 😓 (Sorry, just getting a lot of gloomy thoughts right now😟

Your payment is late probably becos there are too many runners who opt refund. Or maybe yours is a foreign bank so may need a bit more time to transact. This I am not sure. But definitely not because you are not local. In fact, I think there are many foreign runners in this race, just like SCSM.

Some of us sign up early because we know which races we are going to participate for the next year, so we take advantage of the discounts during such expo. Do visit the SCSM Expo next time and you will see there are fair bit of local and foreign races offering discounts when you sign up on the spot.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:50 PM, starfinder said:

Your payment is late probably becos there are too many runners who opt refund. Or maybe yours is a foreign bank so may need a bit more time to transact. This I am not sure. But definitely not because you are not local. In fact, I think there are many foreign runners in this race, just like SCSM.

Some of us sign up early because we know which races we are going to participate for the next year, so we take advantage of the discounts during such expo. Do visit the SCSM Expo next time and you will see there are fair bit of local and foreign races offering discounts when you sign up on the spot.

Oh yes, I usually see their booth at the SCSM expo, there was even one for the Pyongyang Marathon (in North Korea!) the other year I think. 🤣

Perhaps its just the sheer volume of refunds being processed, like everybody said. 😅

On 4/12/2020 at 9:18 AM, RaijinFJ said:

1. Initially I paid SGD65 at SCSM Expo by cash. However my confirmation slip shows SGD85.

2. So I wrote an email to SDM organizer, highlighted to them that I'm supposed to get refund as 65, instead of 85...

3. A couple of days later I received their reply and asked me to provided the refund method, either my bank account or HP number for PayNow.

4. I provided the latter one then one week later I received SGD65. 😊

57 minutes ago, ZZIZZ said:

1. Initially I paid SGD65 at SCSM Expo by cash. However my confirmation slip shows SGD85.

2. So I wrote an email to SDM organizer, highlighted to them that I'm supposed to get refund as 65, instead of 85...

3. A couple of days later I received their reply and asked me to provided the refund method, either my bank account or HP number for PayNow.

4. I provided the latter one then one week later I received SGD65. 😊

honesty is the best policy, 👌

38 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

Ah, so it seems the guys who signed up at the expo get processed first.

It makes sense, first in, then first out of course! I'll just wait for my turn then, hopefully it won't be too long 🥴

It may not be true, because, overseas account holders need to have "special" transaction adjustment like forex movements used on the date of credit card then made for payment, and now the forex conversion could have changed since then for conversion based on the most favourable rate then to convert to your preferred currency assuming is US$.

Be patient, as long as, more participants are being processed, and with that uncle would like to give Sundown Marathon in 2021 from "neutral" to "reasonable fair and just on refund policy" rating for meeting the goal of participants who opt for refund. 

Can you imagine a payout for Refund, it is not $65 or $85 but in thousand dollars for 100s who opted...and uncle already said in previous post, if ALL want Full Refund..

On 4/9/2020 at 11:53 AM, kohpapa said:

if $50 on average x 25,000...factoring races from 5km to Full Marathon....wah $1.25 million....will have to be paid out....

Would you want to be that race organizer to offer Refund because of Covid-19? Definitely, financially painfully, NO REFUND is preferred.

Loyalty Runners would defintely pledge loyalty for many years. Those of us who had been sidelined and being critical on negatives of past events and those who boycotted, may reconsider this as in such a financially stressful time, no race means no income for 2020.

Uncle wishes Sundown Marathon Singapore and Infinitus Productions, Stay Strong, Stay Financial Healthy for 2021...

Again. with SCSM 2021 going to prefer a date in May/June, looks like SDMS 2021 will face more challenge - head to head with SCSM 2021 absolute offer of excellence in service and administration in Marathon Race.

Edited by kohpapa

@Starfinder, @ZZiZZ, @kohpapa and everybody else I forgot to mention:

I just got my refund too! I'm happy to report that I checked my card statement and there's a charge reversal. 🥰 🥰 🥰

@kohpapa: I really think they did good on this, right? 😇  I have a good feeling they will put in a stellar effort for next year's race.
As long as my schedule permits (and we survive this pandemic intact) count me in among the super early bird registrants for next year's race! Say, If I get to particiapte at SCSM this December, I'll sign up directly at the expo too 😘

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, RaijinFJ said:

@kohpapa: I really think they did good on this, right? 😇  I have a good feeling they will put in a stellar effort for next year's race.
As long as my schedule permits (and we survive this pandemic intact) count me in among the super early bird registrants for next year's race! Say, If I get to particiapte at SCSM this December, I'll sign up directly at the expo too 😘

@RaijinFJ, I must admit that most here being critical and cynical about SDSM 2020, past shortcomings are meant to be discussed for improvement.

Being the First Local Race Organizer to offer Full Refund because of Covid-19, we from sgRunners (Made in Singapore) would like to salute our Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 (Made in Singapore) for a stellar ☝️🤗🤩 achievement, committed and delivered.

Abuthen, to be fair, this is a non-event administrative duty. SDSM 2021 must work hard to make sure that the race must be well executed without any more embarrassing hiccups. Covid-19 has "awakened" SDSM 2020 with a golden opportunity of redemption of grace saving by rewarding past Loyalty Participants, those who signed up, as well as those once die-hard participants to forgive and forget. We shall move forward into hopefully Covid-19 Free in 2021. 👌

Edited by kohpapa
1 hour ago, RaijinFJ said:

I really think they did good on this, right? 😇

Comparing with Scoot, SDM is doing something much much better~~~ 🤣 

But understand that this is a tough period and very difficult for every one...