Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 - [CANCELLED]

1 hour ago, RaijinFJ said:

The world is fighting a pandemic right now, and we have a greater responsibility before us in quelling a possible source for the spread of disease. So may people in the world are suffering , and we must be part of the solution by doing our share and making sacrifices for the good of all.

I think it would be so selfish for a runner to just to think of himself and whine just because he/she couldn't run a race!

Well said!

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Ah, yes they did cancel, so I sent them a request for refund as they offered. 
I know its purely a gesture of goodwill on their part, since the contract originally said "no refunds" but they shouldn't make an offer if they won't make good on their word right? We shall see!

I'll post updates for this community to take note of how they handle it. 

Two weeks ago (before they decided to cancel) I asked them a general question by email but they never replied. 😅 It must be hard on them as they must have lost a lot of money on this too. 😅

Thank you for providing the sgRunners and Running Community on how they can handle the Refund.

Sadly, the effort to reach out to Infinitius Productions (race organiser) through email has been fruitless two weeks ago, and as Uncle has said in provious posts, "they are just a local race event organiser"..."yet professional"...hope they can show some "standard" as a race organiser...refund request and administration issues...this is part of race event organiser's responsibility...a "non-Race" event issue...shouldn't be too difficult.

Lost of money is from the Sundown Marathon owner (F4U pte ltd)...they must bear for the publicity cost as well as cost on "cancelled" procurements and administrative with vendors and business associates.

We try to keep who is responsibile for what in this cancelled race. The Spokesman of this race is the owner, F4U Pte Ltd, the main stakeholder. Osim is also the main stakeholder because they are the sponsor with contractal agreement (exclusive advertiser). F4U has appointed Infinitius Productions as the Race Organiser. Appointment of Race Organiser can be changed as what F4U seems fit. 

In the past, Hivelocity acted as the Owner and also Race Organiser (as well as Time Keeper). OSIM had been sponsor only in last few editions before Hivelocity sold Sundown Marathon rights to F4U Pte Ltd (incorporated in 19 June 2015).

On 3/13/2020 at 2:22 PM, starfinder said:

I will still run lah, but lesser long distances. A 10 km run will be enough to keep healthy.

10km run has benefits...compared to longer distances...a hybid of both would be LSDs.

11 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

But since SDM has been cancelled, I'll be limiting my LSDs to 21-25k, every other week only, and at a very easy pace (slow jog). For some silly reason, I find it relaxing. (Crazy, I know!) No hill training, fartlek or intervals as it will stress the body, and we have to keep healthy under these circumstances! 😅

Can opt for trail running to be with closer to Nature, and it is good to share of your "keep me fit" as a marathoner while the Covid-19 takes its course to complete its effect...until WHO announces eventually (when, soon enough) "We are officially Covid-19 Free".

Yes, the finale of this forum thread will have to wait for your sharing of how the Refund Policy and process works, hope it will be smooth and easy transaction. Until real $$$ enters into your pocket, then we then can consider this forum thread ended Sundown Marathon 2020 (cancelled) because of Covid-19. Bye and see you in 2021.

Edited by kohpapa

Wasn't happy to receive the email and have to apply for refund. 

But cannpt blame the organiser for cancelling. Although people who have runny nose and dry cough and fever won't do HM or FM, you never know those asymptomatic with no symptoms but infectious attend and a few people in the event kena infected. 

Sad year. All my races and my overseas family holiday all cancelled. 

14 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Sad year. All my races and my overseas family holiday all cancelled. 

Aiya.. stay local and holiday with family...support local tourism,,,

theonlinecitizen.com-Netizens-appreciate

theonlinecitizen.com-Netizens-appreciate

14 hours ago, kcslchin said:

Wasn't happy to receive the email and have to apply for refund. 

only-if-you-want-to-refund.jpg

Then don't refund...you are already registered for 2021 Sundown Marathon...

Let this video be remembered as Sundown Marathon Edition (2020) epic

Dear @kohpapa

Refund have to apply.. Due to my work, I never know if the 2021 date I am around to take part. If this year I don't apply refund, then in 2021 the date announced I cannot join, will organiser then allow a full refund?

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, kcslchin said:

Dear @kohpapa

Refund have to apply.. Due to my work, I never know if the 2021 date I am around to take part. If this year I don't apply refund, then in 2021 the date announced I cannot join, will organiser then allow a full refund?

The question which I have posted previously..

schedulef3d8d2610a438f90.jpg

so when will be Sundown Marathon 2021 new date?

Infinitius Productions (race organiser) handles the Refund and matters on Participants who registered in 2020 transfering their entry to the 2021 Edition. Again, you need to write an emal to them and enquire.

Local races tend to have No Refund Policy in their Rules & Regulations. Exception this time is for Covid-19.

Dilemma for all concerned is, better to get Refund or Transfer slot for 2021, for you don't know what is in the future.

Hope you can make the best decision, and may you have a safe and happy family outing (overseas are not recommended at this time) during Covid-19.

Edited by kohpapa

Refund Update # 1

I received an email from their customer service team yesterday acknowledging my request for refund.

They will only refund the race registration fee, but not the 3.5% administrative charge. That’s probably the commission taken by their registration agent, Liv3ly. To be fair, I believe we have to help them cover some of the admin costs too, so I’m OK with that. Also, they said the refund process may take up to 3 weeks… (starting) from the time they process the papers of course, and they promised to inform me once it’s complete.

This is a step in the right direction, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed till I see my bank charges reversed. If they handle this well, it means they they can be responsible, and will earn my trust for next year’s race. 🥰

Hopefully I’ll have something good to further report!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kcslchin said:

Dear @kohpapa

Same story here. The date of SDM seems to change almost every year, so I opted for a refund first (if they give it), then will definitely sign up next year if my schedule permits. 🤩

Edited by RaijinFJ

1 hour ago, RaijinFJ said:

Refund Update # 1

I received an email from their customer service team yesterday acknowledging my request for refund.

They will only refund the race registration fee, but not the 3.5% administrative charge. That’s probably the commission taken by their registration agent, Liv3ly. To be fair, I believe we have to help them cover some of the admin costs too, so I’m OK with that. Also, they said the refund process may take up to 3 weeks… (starting) from the time they process the papers of course, and they promised to inform me once it’s complete.

In the first place, most races in Singapore does not even charge this so-called admin fee. 

And this is not me dissing them but in this age of PayNOW, iFast, PayLah etc why does it takes a super inefficient 3 weeks to process a refund? It may be a function of the credit card payment infrastructure and if that is really the case, then its really arcane. 

Posted (edited)

again we ask ourselves:

firstly, who is the race organiser administrating the Refund? Is there a transparency statement like a notice at website on Q&A on Refund as provided by Income Run 2020? Cancellation....no other deferment/reservation of slot to 2021 for existing participants

incomeecorun.sg-Income-Eco-Run-2020-Run-

secondly, but I’m keeping my fingers crossed till I see my bank charges reversed. ...well as long as this $$$ is not in your pocket, this forum thread shall bear this "negative" over to the 2021 Edition...even if we are told, "Also, they said the refund process may take up to 3 weeks… (starting) from the time they process the papers of course, and they promised to inform me once it’s complete."...

thirdly..slot is transferred or reserved for 2021...sounded like a postponement for those who opted not to have Refund...and perhaps we now can understand @kcslchin plight...will I get a Refund with the postponement to 2021 option? simply never activate "Refund" option lor?

meaning Sundown Marathon 2020 still "lockdown those who paid" and if existing participants never email on their intention for Refund. meaning existing participants financial resources are locked till 2021...because that is postponement scenario...isn't it?

don't know if those who are affected, really understand what is Cancellation / Postponed event....Income Run 2020 is 100% Cancellation. Sundown Marathon 2020 is partial Cancellation with Postponement option to 2021. You better decide on 2 Cancelled Events which are different in their offer to Refund (or Transfer the bib till 2021).

Meantime, we will promise to wait-and-see how....they process the papers by 6/7/8 April for individual runner based on @RaijinFJ...hope it is not 6/7/8 April year 2021 or  kena "lockdown" not because of Covid-19, because we really sometimes do not see Implications of Race because of Covid-19, especially we pay money (expensive or not), we need to know more.

Edited by kohpapa

On 3/17/2020 at 10:07 AM, lonewolf said:

In the first place, most races in Singapore does not even charge this so-called admin fee. 

And this is not me dissing them but in this age of PayNOW, iFast, PayLah etc why does it takes a super inefficient 3 weeks to process a refund? It may be a function of the credit card payment infrastructure and if that is really the case, then its really arcane. 

I checked my receipt and yes, the admin fee was SGD 2.98.

If I remember correctly, even SCSM charges me admin fees whenever I sign up... but SCSM is an IAAF GOLD rated event though, not an unacredited race like SDM, so I see you & kohpapa's point.

Well, my  folks always told us not to be wasteful with money , but as for the $2.98... never mind! That's just the price of a simple lunch, or maybe 2 MRT rides right?  Those were their terms... so I can't do anything about that. I'm simply hoping to get my $85 registration fee back, and I'd be pleased if I do. (And at this point, that's still a big IF🤔

Will keep everyone posted on any developments. 😇 

@RaijinFJ check out machritchie reservoir- love running in that area. Or If don’t like trail maybe see if you can follow a pcn from Kent ridge into town and back...

Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2020 at 9:41 AM, RaijinFJ said:

I checked my receipt and yes, the admin fee was SGD 2.98.

Will keep everyone posted on any developments. 😇 

we are waiting...meanwhile, eat 🍿 🥧, enjoy how this epic show on how long this SDM first refund actually will be handled by infinitius productions... hello@sundownmarathon.com

qa.jpg

qa1.jpg

6/7/8 April is arriving soon...hope hello@sundownmarathon.com refunds $$$ into your pocket...

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

@RaijinFJ check out machritchie reservoir- love running in that area. Or If don’t like trail maybe see if you can follow a pcn from Kent ridge into town and back...

every weekend....uncle will be here

and here...

welcome to run in these trail running routes...hilly and forested...respectively...one is open nature while the other one is urban..

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

when I can come back to Singapore safely, I will join you :D

😷 sure...social distancing..1km distance...

and leave your tyre at home....no bike is allowed...$2000 fine...☹️

trail.jpg

otherwise if you wish to drag your tyre...you go the Biking Trail....i go the hiking - meaning runners...

of course, we could do mountain bike trail together...shhh...uncle actually ran the bike trail...illegally...wee hours...memorised where the sharp turns and deep gullies caused by mountain thick and bulky tryes...

shutterstock_142259542-730x276.jpg

make sure they don't track you...they are always there...

bring lots of bananas..."You are not to feed them"....it is for your nutrition needs...just in case you are lost....macritchie trail..they can become your faithful "route wardens", just thank them, they will gladly point your way "out"...if you know how to communicate ...they may let you hug their little cute baby ones...otherwise, watch their "fangs" teeth especially their mothers...

btw, dear @Lady Ice, off-topic discussion here, otherwise SDSM 2020 forum thread becoming Trail Running forum thread...or UltraRun! forum thread....🤪 please stay safe with your family, and when safe or free from Covid-19...then return...we still have SCSM 2020 (dec 5-6) yet to be announced...

Edited by kohpapa

9 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

when I can come back to Singapore safely, I will join you :D

Same here.

When we can come over, I'll tag along, if it's alright with you guys!!! 😊

I'm not much of a trail runner though, asphalt & concrete are my habitat... but that's because I'm scared of getting lost 😆
Better keep me in the middle behind Icelady and in front of kohpapa so you guys can keep an eye out for me. Otherwise, I might end up like in Forest Gump... and find myself in Malaysia?!?!?!  😜 😜😜

22 hours ago, kohpapa said:

we are waiting...meanwhile, eat 🍿 🥧, enjoy how this epic show on how long this SCSM first refund actually will be handled by infinitius productions... hello@sundownmarathon.com

Uncle, typo leh!

I think your monkeys typed 'CS' instead of 'D' :crazysmile:

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Uncle, typo leh!

I think your monkeys typed 'CS' instead of 'D' :crazysmile:

forgot to feed them bananas...whooo...wahhhh....woooo.....wahh...sdsm....wahhh...whhha...lah....u....banana.....not scsm....brain....whoo...wahh....lah...worst than.....hello@sundownmarathon.com....check.....wooo....wahha...haha...not standard chartered.....sc....and ....pleeze....who...whahhh....typing..... hello@standardcharteredsingaporemarathon.com......

thanks @lonewolf, corrected....they are new arrivals, just arrived from overseas....whooo....wahhhh....where....dari mana...whho wahhhh...SCKL...marathon....whooo...ahhh...ahhh

uncle translate for you....

newse380e8dc626bee0f.jpg

hope this is not off-topic....whooo.....whaa....haha....give....bananas....to....all.....

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Same here.

I'm not much of a trail runner though, asphalt & concrete are my habitat... but that's because I'm scared of getting lost 😆
Better keep me in the middle behind Icelady and in front of kohpapa so you guys can keep an eye out for me. Otherwise, I might end up like in Forest Gump... and find myself in Malaysia?!?!?!  😜 😜😜

no problem....boot camp with my monkey associates are available...just bring crates of bananas as tokens of thanks....

simply write in to goodbye@sundownmarathon2020.com...no refund no sign up....this one...sign up got refund....do you speak monkey language? got special promotion...FREE training with their legendary...

tarzen.md.jpg

note: the "6-pack" contour on body is not included in the package...the not FREE one comes with the "6-pack" 100% refund....

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)

Huat @kohpapa - your abs strong 😛

@RaijinFJ come come..... but unfortunately think there will be restrictions due to covid for at least 12-18 months until a vaccine can be found.

Everyone in Singapore is lucky as they have a proactive govt so much safer than traveling to the apathetic countries!

Edited by Lady Ice

Posted (edited)

the best for "Covid-19 Free".....when new case, imported case or community spreading case ends...we need to conduct social distancing and social responsibility reminder and again ceases...we need to have self "sacrifices" for the sake of family, business associates and working colleague,  relatives and friends and community at large (including reason for travelling or even religious commitment) reminder and again ceases... "sanitised" self and living habitat become a new lifestyle....

Supposingly in race, wave start with 250 and less and maintain 1m apart (if this is the latest MOH ruling till 30 June)...

start.jpg

Staggered participants reporting to Pen Entry on varied Timing....wave A to Z

but they will be always be ready to cancel because on consideration of volunteers and race marshalls and officials, vendors of race, and most of all, spectators and supporters...they also need to be protected and the only way is they will not be involved in race...ban - no spectators, no volunteers.. and guess what will be the best option - Virtual Races.

Uncle agreed restrictions due to covid-19 will be at least 12-18 months. Unless, vaccine for ALL (hopefully soon)...and another period of incubation of say another 6-12 months...for ALL to be Covid-19 Free...when WHO making that important annoucement "Global Covid-19 Free"...and Singapore taking another period of "Be Sure, and just in case Be Sure"..."Singapore Covid-19 Free"

Uncle wishes all to be safe, maintain strong and active (not to overly exhausive) run programs inclusive of Virtual Races for those who still want collection of "tangibles" in finisher tees and medals...

Actually uncle has adopted "Zero Waste" for all tees and medals for years...simply if the World can take time to reflect what these "tangibles" are made of...look at the carbon footprints used to make them...and become disposals later....leaving another trails of carbon footprints...

Note: goodbye@sundownmarathon2020 is cancelled due to Covid-19 spread and latest MOH Ruling on ALL Events for 250 and more.  Uncle and monkey associates thank you for your overwhelming support and understanding.

1. Yes, you will receive a full refund of fees paid. There will be no follow-up action required on your part for the refund.
  2. Yes, The fee will be credited back via your payment method that was used during registration. It will take approximately 8 to 10 weeks from today (21 March 2020) for the refund to be credited. You will receive a confirmation email once the refund process is completed.

Please reach out to us at goodbye@sundownmarathon2020.com should you require further clarification.

Learned the from Income Run 2020 (so far very straightforward option and explain reason why no reason to cancel or even the transfer of entry fee to the future date - because of Covid-19.) All clear...👌

All events, gatherings with 250 participants or more must be suspended to reduce further COVID-19 spread: MOH

(info - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-events-gatherings-suspended-june-250-participants-12560620?cid=FBcna)

channelnewsasia.com-All-events-gathering

Really lol, Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 forum thread has "endured" so many off-topic discussions...better stick to Refund...and who here decided to transfer Bib to 2021...😷

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Lady Ice said:

Everyone in Singapore is lucky as they have a proactive govt so much safer than traveling to the apathetic countries!

Agreed...what if this happened in Singapore...

Jogging, park walks banned as alarmed Italian regions impose more coronavirus restrictions

(info - https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/coronavirus-covid19-italian-regions-restrictions-12561836)

channelnewsasia-com-Jogging-park-walks-b

channelnewsasia-com-Jogging-park-walks-b

all PCNs (Park Connector Networks) and NP (National Park) lockdown...then none here will be able to do any ACTIVE walk/run/bike activity...😷

Edited by kohpapa

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2020 at 7:51 AM, RaijinFJ said:

Same here.

for you @RaijinFJ Credit to Runner Kao - a newbie Trail Runner...shared

"As a relatively new runner to running trails, it was fun yet daunting. Running along mother nature is always mesmerizing, but runners need to constantly stay alert for countless unpredictability that comes along with the beauty."

In this video, while running, Runner Kao provides some commentary on his experience and provide some tips for beginners who might also be keen to try out trail running as well.

Edited by kohpapa