Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 - [CANCELLED]

Good morning @starfinder, uncle just consolidated on Everything About Sundown Marathon (and UltraMarathon) - only at sgRunners - You Know All! Just ask Uncle...lol

Actually, uncle would say something, not so professionally.

"I think at least this round the organizer is willing to give finisher shirt for HM. This itself is an improvement since I believe HM runners actually suggested for it."

In our little sgRunners cynical but very critical assessment of what becomes of Sundown Marathon...

Sundown Marathon has downgraded to Sundown HM Singapore level - comparable to Army HM, Great Eastern HM, 2XU Half Marathon, NTUC Income Eco HM Run, Bay HM Run...

It is like asking Army HM run, also offer finisher tees for 5KM, 10KM, Kids Run...because Kids, 5KM and 10KM actually suggested for it...

Whatever, Sign-up for Sundown Marathon 2020, Water more than Enough, HM Finisher tee shirt also got. Team relays Marathon surely must have, everyone feels "Marathon" as TEAMs, "42.195 KM  Finisher (Team)"...sibei sweet. 

As usual, Sundown Marathon will never ask Marathoners what they can offer, because they have already abandoned and have boycotted. 

@starfinder, you shall be our new generation of Sundown Marathon sgRunner who signed up and run the race, and let you tell us - What you known, What you learned from this forum, What you shall experience in 2020...

We eat 🍿, watch EPL Finals live, We Sleep and you report to us....since you are on Wait Can Sleep running mission, because you signed-up loh!

Edited by kohpapa

Just now, kohpapa said:

As usual, Sundown Marathon will never ask Marathoners what they can offer, because they have already abandoned and have boycotted. 

@starfinder, you shall be our new generation of Sundown Marathon sgRunner who signed up and run the race, and let you tell us - What you known, What you learned from this forum, What you shall experience in 2020...

We eat 🍿, watch EPL Finals live, We Sleep and you report to us....since you are on Wait Can Sleep running mission, because you signed-up loh!

LOL. Yes Uncle, will share my views after the FM!

Maybe on race day I may even standby my own hydration, just in case really need to find toilet for water!

something that in 2019 Sundown Marathon forum as a reminder:

potty.jpg

water no enough, how to flash "sai tang"?... better prepare...just in case...lol

Edited by kohpapa

6 hours ago, starfinder said:

I think at least this round the organizer is willing to give finisher shirt for HM. This itself is an improvement since I believe HM runners actually suggested for it. For me, I will not do a HM if there is no finisher shirt, simply becos I think HM is already considered a long distance and merits the shirt. Nevermind if it is a gimmick to attract more participants, but at least the HM runners go home with a shirt rather than just a medal.

Personally I disagree with you.

I actually feels that giving finisher shirt to HM actually kinda cheapens the FM finisher shirt. This also applies for HM races that also gives finisher tee for the shorter distance like 10K.

I'm not suggesting that HM finisher do not deserve it. But I believe that the Finisher shirt should be reserved for the longest distance for the race. In the case of SDM, its the FM and it should be the only race distance to give the finisher tee.

Those who want a HM finisher shirt can always participated in other races with HM distance like 2XU, Eco Run, AHM etc.

And I'm speaking as a participant of SDM HM and SCSM HM. I was perfectly fine with not receiving a Finisher shirt for those races.

7 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I actually feels that giving finisher shirt to HM actually kinda cheapens the FM finisher shirt. This also applies for HM races that also gives finisher tee for the shorter distance like 10K.

I do agree with you and feel that the 'prestige' of the FM shirt is somehow reduced, though I feel having the shirt for HM is also not an issue. Completing HM is a milestone actually.

I believe regular runners completing HM will sooner or later consider the FM. Completing the FM with the shirt and medal is definitely something to be proud of.

Postively agreed. 

Run events here, for Elite Runners, for those who want to PB, for Faster Runners, for Slower Runners, for Walkers, for Tourists who simply just want to stroll to participate - must make sure there is Enough of Water.

Team Run - promotes Team spirit and perhaps, when they can run individually from 5KM/10KM/HM/FM. Community run format for Sundown Marathon may be appropriate for 2020.

Run for Charity. Inclusiveness for those who are EnAbility to "Run".

Sometimes, when we run events, are we conscious that there are others who are in the running course, who may not run for FB, but who are "slower", who are "hurting in pain",  even do we do our part to run more for the Greater Green like what @Lady Ice, has reminded us every SCSM?

Medals and finishing tees are tangibles (something to be proud of), but what are intangibles are more positive considerations for those who asked, who are slower as said why there is not enough of hydration and nutrition in the race, and not kpkb.

Intangibles are what come from the souls of running - every race is a milestone of another richer achievement of self from 5km>10km>HM>FM>Ultramarathon.

Go for the goal, @starfinder. We are glad that you run with the spirit of once the good bros and sis of Sundown Marathoners and Ultramarathoners who once took part. Sadly, they are no longer here to share the joy. But uncle remains, and tell all grandmother stories about SDM! 😀

• Like 2

19 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I'm not suggesting that HM finisher do not deserve it. But I believe that the Finisher shirt should be reserved for the longest distance for the race. In the case of SDM, its the FM and it should be the only race distance to give the finisher tee.

Those who want a HM finisher shirt can always participated in other races with HM distance like 2XU, Eco Run, AHM etc.

12 hours ago, starfinder said:

I do agree with you and feel that the 'prestige' of the FM shirt is somehow reduced, though I feel having the shirt for HM is also not an issue. Completing HM is a milestone actually.

I believe regular runners completing HM will sooner or later consider the FM. Completing the FM with the shirt and medal is definitely something to be proud of.

No right or wrong on finisher T for HM @ marathon events ie. SDM & SCSM.

In my opinion so long the finisher T consists of distance completed, i do not think HM finisher T will cheapen those who completed FM.

I'm only against general finisher T or finisher medal for all which i felt injustice for the longest distance completed.  So far i have encountered Marina Run 2018 (finisher T) & Force of Nature 2018 (finisher medal). No effort from organizer!

35 minutes ago, SG RED DEVIL said:

No right or wrong on finisher T for HM @ marathon events ie. SDM & SCSM.

In my opinion so long the finisher T consists of distance completed, i do not think HM finisher T will cheapen those who completed FM.

I'm only against general finisher T or finisher medal for all which i felt injustice for the longest distance completed.  So far i have encountered Marina Run 2018 (finisher T) & Force of Nature 2018 (finisher medal). No effort from organizer!

Agree with your views too! 

Personally, I am happy for those HM runners in Sundown. Got the sundown HM shirt. Another nice addition to their other HM shirts. 

a word "cheapen" can trigger such strong views from all...both right and wrong and neither right or wrong...lol

so, is there an appropriate word to express an opinion or suggestion?

Basically, we focus on why 2020 Sundown Marathon offers HM finisher tee, unlike SCSM or even other FM organisers who offer only appropriately to the Highest Distance only achieved, will be the reason why the Finisher tee shall be awarded. 42.195 KM  Finisher.

Army HM, Great Eastern HM, 2XU Half Marathon, NTUC Income Eco HM Run, the most appropriate Highest Distance only achieved for the Half Marathon Finisher.

When Sundown Marathon offered HM finisher tee, even @starfinder also said, "Was it a mistake or was this real?". Uncle responded no, it was published and a genuine offer (an entitlement)

Of course, it is just a marketing strategy, so there is no need to agree and disagree over a generous offer to appeal to only HM runners, "Will you take part in Sundown Marathon now that you also will get finisher tee also?"

So, signup HMers, get finisher tee, will you run because of a finisher tee? or you feel "cheapen" by an entitlement?

Let those who were 10km, attempting 21km and yet achieving HM (Longest Distance) decide. As for all HM and Marathoner and Ultramarathon Bros and Sis, we reserve our opinion or suggestion to agree to disagree, because we are not signing up as HMers, right? Will you have sign-up for 2020 Sundown Marathon even if there is such an offer of entitlement of non-Marathon runners?

What if SDM suggests a discount $5 and with free finisher tees for all...then those who committed during the SCSM special and after this sign-in period, will definitely feel "cheapened", because they already paid.

Like in the past, the pricing maybe even lowered than what it was offered in previous...so everyone here is waiting for that best price, regardless of free finisher tee or not...because we want to look for the "cheapest😀. We don't mind being "cheapened".

Eat 🍿, watch EPL Finals live, We Sleep and let "Wait Can Sleep" FM runner @starfinder report to us in 2020.  42.195 KM  Finisher . 21.1 KM Half Marathon Finisher. shall be in Sundown Marathon 2020.

Edited by kohpapa

20 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Postively agreed. 

Run events here, for Elite Runners, for those who want to PB, for Faster Runners, for Slower Runners, for Walkers, for Tourists who simply just want to stroll to participate - must make sure there is Enough of Water.

Team Run - promotes Team spirit and perhaps, when they can run individually from 5KM/10KM/HM/FM. Community run format for Sundown Marathon may be appropriate for 2020.

Run for Charity. Inclusiveness for those who are EnAbility to "Run".

Sometimes, when we run events, are we conscious that there are others who are in the running course, who may not run for FB, but who are "slower", who are "hurting in pain",  even do we do our part to run more for the Greater Green like what @Lady Ice, has reminded us every SCSM?

Medals and finishing tees are tangibles (something to be proud of), but what are intangibles are more positive considerations for those who asked, who are slower as said why there is not enough of hydration and nutrition in the race, and not kpkb.

Intangibles are what come from the souls of running - every race is a milestone of another richer achievement of self from 5km>10km>HM>FM>Ultramarathon.

Go for the goal, @starfinder. We are glad that you run with the spirit of once the good bros and sis of Sundown Marathoners and Ultramarathoners who once took part. Sadly, they are no longer here to share the joy. But uncle remains, and tell all grandmother stories about SDM! 😀

Not just for the green but also for the safety and enjoyment for other runners. Have seen many people slip on cups or bananas discard on the course + have gels stuck under their shoe.... that’s why I go on about putting litter in the bin. Even now an event in the UK will DQ participants who drop / toss their litter everywhere except in the bin!!

FYI: 

image.jpeg.7a64de2e25b9cffb21f2a231e8ae962a.jpeg

Runners at north Wales' largest running event were warned they would be disqualified if they dropped litter during the race.

Organisers of Sunday's Conwy Half Marathon said the measures had been introduced as plastic was becoming an "increasing problem".

The Run Wales website said runners would also be "taken off the results if seen discarding their rubbish outside of a water stop or not with a marshal".

About 3,000 runners took part.

Organisers have not yet said if anybody had been disqualified following the race, which started in front of the town's castle at 10:00 GMT.
Ref Dq runners bbc

Edited by Lady Ice

Good early morning @Lady Ice, thank you for showing at Sundown Marathon to emphasize on Green movements for running.

A marshal to monitor and record "penalty or enforce" just like rules is needed. Wonder, will they put forth as Rules of the Race? 🙄 

Good words and advise on the trend of running practices on races.

Edited by kohpapa

Certainly countries in the EU are evolving. We did a green activation at Sundown Marathon in 2018, but have not been back since the organisation changed. Hivelocity would have certainly gone further if it were still in charge

Interestingly in 2019...

trend.jpg

this is half of what 2019 SCSM at 51,000..

Looking at previous editions, this number has declined...

OSIM-Sundown-Marathon-2019_Half-Marathon

42.195 KM  Finisher 21.1 KM Half Marathon Finisher...24th May Hari Raya...shall be profiled in Sundown Marathon 2020..

Wishing all Merry Christmas 2019. 

Edited by kohpapa

Surely, that will depend on what overseas marketing strategy from Sundown Marathon.

We Can Wait. Sleep Can Wait.

Edited by kohpapa

2 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Running Department : Sundown Pacers Wanted by 2020 Jan 8

sundown-pace.jpg

Oh, I had thought pacers are by invitation only. Didn't know can apply to sign up!

2 hours ago, starfinder said:

Oh, I had thought pacers are by invitation only. Didn't know can apply to sign up!

Volunteer as a Pacer needed...

ask.jpg

Me Slow more than 2 1/2 hour HM finisher decide sign up SD HM after many years because got additional finisher tee. Wa haha haha

me no pro or fast runner

Final Day to sign-up for the Super Early Birds..save up to $15

final-day.jpg

Wouldn't it be great if a marathon can create its own meals?

OSIM Sundown Marathon 2020 is proud to partner with South-east Asia's fastest growing online delicious, healthy food brand, AMGD. They are working closely with Dr. Ben Tan, Sundown's ambassador who has published a book "Running for Your Life" and will be releasing excerpts from his book as tips for runners. For a start AMGD will come up with 50 Sundown very own meals that can fuel your marathon training.

Sundown-AMGD.jpg

Enjoy 6% off all AMGD PASSES. Promo code SUNDOWN6%

Sundown-Food.jpg