Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 - [CANCELLED]

Just now, ZZIZZ said:

04-05 July 2020, right? I need to think about that, as sometimes I have to work on Saturday... And I heard that the flag off time in this year was not too early, after sunrise, it's very hot, gonna be "human BBQ". Three years ago I went to Bintan for Spartan race, 26KM. It was in November, quite nice experience with trail run... ☺️

So you went for the Spartan Beast in Bintan? Awesome. They no longer held spartan race there.

Just now, sicklycat said:

$65 for FM, is cheaper than 2XU's HM (non-loyalty rate)!

Yes. Signing up during the roadshow they also give you this year's event shirt and some goodies. 

Frankly, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the critical mistakes like no hydration which happened this year, will not repeat next year. If it happened again, then it will be my first and last sundown FM 😆

1 minute ago, starfinder said:

Yes. Signing up during the roadshow they also give you this year's event shirt and some goodies. 

Frankly, I am keeping my fingers crossed that the critical mistakes like no hydration which happened this year, will not repeat next year. If it happened again, then it will be my first and last sundown FM 😆

Good luck!

I'm not signing up, coz I need my sleep :lazy:

10 hours ago, sicklycat said:

$65 for FM, is cheaper than 2XU's HM (non-loyalty rate)!

I think it is not wise to make any purchase based solely on just cheaper pricing.

A more expensive better organised shorter distance event may provide better value than one that offers longer distance but problematic.

Let's hope that Sundown by Infinitus, really learns from past mistakes and is sincere to do a good one this time round. But it could be tough if the sign up rate is not profitable enough. Then, somewhere may have to give. So unless runners opt for no finisher tees and medals to save cost, organiser may have to find other ways to cut. Example, hydration with water only or limited run out fast electrolytes drinks, etc, etc.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:36 PM, AutumnRunner said:

It is quite hard to forget a photo of runners lining up outside toilet in ECP to drink water ....

Those who remembered are either not signing up anymore, or are the faster runners that never faced those issues, or the most forgiving runners.

On 11/27/2019 at 11:27 PM, starfinder said:

If after 1 year they still make the same mistakes, especially those critical ones like hydration, then they deserve to exit just like YOLO run.

Not going to give them the benefit of the doubt  till I see the improvements myself.  If I am signing up FM for sundown, I always make sure I have a backup hydration strategy. I encourage all to do the same too.

Infitinus are still competent organizers for HM and below. They will not exit the race organizer scene if there is still profits to be made.

haven't decided if I will sign up for 2020.

But Infinitus has done a decent job of organising. Where else get to watch Black Panther and Liverpool Champions League match (depending which  distance you sign up for & your finihsing time), and there good and drinks and massage and Share Transport bus. 

On 12/8/2019 at 10:40 PM, kcslchin said:

haven't decided if I will sign up for 2020.

But Infinitus has done a decent job of organising. Where else get to watch Black Panther and Liverpool Champions League match (depending which  distance you sign up for & your finihsing time), and there good and drinks and massage and Share Transport bus. 

No clash of dates between Sundown and Champions League final next year. UCL final will be on the 31 May

On 11/29/2019 at 11:19 PM, starfinder said:

So you went for the Spartan Beast in Bintan? Awesome. They no longer held spartan race there.

Yeah, that experience was impressive and great!

Just now, ZZIZZ said:

Yeah, that experience was impressive and great!

So far I did the spartan sprint only. Looking forward to do the super at bukit timah next year!

Uncle revisits this Marathon evening event forum. It must be so boring that everyone talks about all other races except Sundown. Seems more like reasons to "boycott" this event. lol

yo, @starfinder, please come this forum and share about how you preparation for Sundown Marathon (FM) which include how you would make a difference to "make sure" that you are no longer in the category of "once upon time you were a HMer".

yes, 2019 SCSM was your FM experience (road run). but, there are other runs like trail running which is HM, FM or UltraMarathon.

Uncle started from trail running because it is nature-based and of course, ground is not so hard. Experience a little "off-road-run" race, and go to trail running. In the past, we encountered wild animals, yes, snakes and cobras, "wild ghostly" encounters running in wee hours, cemeteries are always part of the trail running, and no one will surely ask you to Pen A start at Cemetery, right?

From uncle's opinion, to go beyond HM is another running strategy which involves a different training programme, hydration and nutrition, mental preparation, and even running Day (FM) and running Evening (FM) is a always different story for everyone here.

So, suggestion for @starfinder, you share your FM (evening run) preparation here, included some of your planned 2020 shorter than FM races here, built that core "FM" endurance which you have highlighted in 2019 SCSM Marathon that "if given the effort and know-how", you shall have all gurus of sgRunners to share and give tips. Hope you can get 1000 posts here as well as bonus to be an Ultra Runner.

Start you true "FM" 2020 here in this forum. Whether we want to run this Sundown Marathon or not....like what many past runners have said...the price is not ultra-low or langlong price with promo at later stage. Eco-run has a first 50 signup only 50 cents...maybe first 42 who sign up on 42 cents + 9% GST (starting from 2020). So your $65 with 7% GST in 2019 may be a good entry price to signup if the full marathon price of 2020 kicks in.

As uncle always said, "unless free", lobang is either as promoters or as partners of Sundown really, then surely all here will run, because FM route is always 42km as promised. Only consideration is never the benchmark of SCSM race. Expect to run silly loops, or one road barrier split with 2 lanes for the loop, or the only staircase to run up to Kallang from Kallang Park Connector. Just's enjoy the run (because 42km FM route) is what you want to prepare for the real SCSM race.

Treat this forum for your race of preparation for SCSM 2020 FM ok?

We need curtain closure for 2019 SCSM, so if @starfinder got unsettled issues of 2019, leave 2019 there as achieved.

No regrets, there is always another FM race. Look forward to your 2020 FM milestone here, for this is your FM comeback - should be "better, fitter and PB-able", right?

Best wishes. 2020 shall be @starfinder best running year.

Edited by kohpapa

1 hour ago, kohpapa said:

Uncle revisits this Marathon evening event forum. It must be so boring that everyone talks about all other races except Sundown. Seems more like reasons to "boycott" this event. lol

yo, @starfinder, please come this forum and share about how you preparation for Sundown Marathon (FM) which include how you would make a difference to "make sure" that you are no longer in the category of "once upon time you were a HMer".

yes, 2019 SCSM was your FM experience (road run). but, there are other runs like trail running which is HM, FM or UltraMarathon.

Uncle started from trail running because it is nature-based and of course, ground is not so hard. Experience a little "off-road-run" race, and go to trail running. In the past, we encountered wild animals, yes, snakes and cobras, "wild ghostly" encounters running in wee hours, cemeteries are always part of the trail running, and no one will surely ask you to Pen A start at Cemetery, right?

From uncle's opinion, to go beyond HM is another running strategy which involves a different training programme, hydration and nutrition, mental preparation, and even running Day (FM) and running Evening (FM) is a always different story for everyone here.

So, suggestion for @starfinder, you share your FM (evening run) preparation here, included some of your planned 2020 shorter than FM races here, built that core "FM" endurance which you have highlighted in 2019 SCSM Marathon that "if given the effort and know-how", you shall have all gurus of sgRunners to share and give tips. Hope you can get 1000 posts here as well as bonus to be an Ultra Runner.

Start you true "FM" 2020 here in this forum. Whether we want to run this Sundown Marathon or not....like what many past runners have said...the price is not ultra-low or langlong price with promo at later stage. Eco-run has a first 50 signup only 50 cents...maybe first 42 who sign up on 42 cents + 9% GST (starting from 2020). So your $65 with 7% GST in 2019 may be a good entry price to signup if the full marathon price of 2020 kicks in.

As uncle always said, "unless free", lobang is either as promoters or as partners of Sundown really, then surely all here will run, because FM route is always 42km as promised. Only consideration is never the benchmark of SCSM race. Expect to run silly loops, or one road barrier split with 2 lanes for the loop, or the only staircase to run up to Kallang from Kallang Park Connector. Just's enjoy the run (because 42km FM route) is what you want to prepare for the real SCSM race.

Treat this forum for your race of preparation for SCSM 2020 FM ok?

We need curtain closure for 2019 SCSM, so if @starfinder got unsettled issues of 2019, leave 2019 there as achieved.

No regrets, there is always another FM race. Look forward to your 2020 FM milestone here, for this is your FM comeback - should be "better, fitter and PB-able", right?

Best wishes. 2020 shall be @starfinder best running year.

Thanks Uncle for your kind encouragement! Yes, let us look forward to 2020!

Welcome @starfinder

You will be happier here for your exclusive "voice", on your aspiration and anything from transition from HM to FM, why you have been so, "disappointed" and lots of why.

Because there is nothing why, it is about yourself.

How to be happier in 2020, just

be-happier4baa983eda30e35c.png

You start from here, because you already said you have already signed up Period! 👏

10 years ago, this forum then was known as 2009 Adidas Sundown Marathon: 

Well, why not revive that "participative" and show us what you did, what you know, helping somebody who needs to know How, Where and What.

Edited by kohpapa

1 hour ago, RunWalkRun said:

Registration starts 16th Dec

https://sundownmarathon.com/sg/

thank u @RunWalkRun, 

Give support to sundown, the other evening Marathon which is a preparation for SCSM 2020

sundownmarathon.com-Sundown-Marathon-pag

Unisex tee for run, choose 1-size down or remain status quo, depends which is the apparel partner in 2020? Anyone wants to share?

Huat early 2020 wishes for those who booked early bird special for Marathon entry at $65 + 7% GST.

"HM increase another $5. I think I will join Income HM instead"

Actually, Income HM cost 50 cents for first 50 (special day announced that no one knows), and uncle knows someone in sgRunners got it. Huat early 2020 wishes for Income HM @50 cents only.

Something from Sundown Website:

what-date.jpg

Hope someone from Sundown can visit this forum and explain, why and how is it possibly to start 2 June 2020?

Edited by kohpapa

Agreed, it just show amateurism.

Overseas runners are the biggest revenue because they paid with even higher expectation. Tour groups which arranged for overseas runners must also plan logistics, marketing to regional runners.

In SCSM, overseas runners of more than 100 countries participated. Sundown, if this is a global, infinitus must reach out. Work on accommodation arrangements for overseas runners are expected.

Work on the embarrassing PR of They Ran Out of Water at Singapore Sundown Marathon 2019...

Unless, there is a really happening on 16 Dec, which expect Sundown to have a mega Road Show with a Bang (it is always part of the running Carnival for 2020).

Well, eat popcorn, and enjoy.

Meanwhile, who still wants to sign-up from 16 Dec? The price is already up $5 from about a month ago. 

Edited by kohpapa

Well, let's recollect what Sundown once said in 2018 then for 2019:

alvinology.com-OSIM-Sundown-Marathon-201

We shall aim to have IAAF-sanctioned race by 2020?

According to citings from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAAF_Road_Race_Label_Events

The Labels are assessed and awarded each year. Race organisers have to apply to the IAAF for recognition, and show that their race can meet a number of criteria. The criteria vary for the different levels; Gold Labels have the strictest requirements, followed by Silver, then Bronze. All three categories require what the IAAF describes as an international elite field, that requires at least five nations (four for Bronze) to be represented by runners with times faster than the IAAF's guidelines. Additionally, the race course must be closed to vehicular traffic, and measured to the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races (AIMS) standard, with full electronic timing used to generate the results. The race must be organised in a way that minimizes ecological damage to the surrounding areas. A specified number of doping tests must be carried out, and prize money for the participants should be equal, irrespective of gender or nationality, though additional rewards can be given to runners from the host nation.

So, Sundown Marathon, under which IAAF Road Race Label will be aiming? Gold, Silver, Bronze, Platinum or Brass, Copper, Zinc, Water?

Edited by kohpapa

2 hours ago, RunWalkRun said:

Mystery solved lo.. copy paste this year's June 1st/2nd date to next year's race but forgot to change June 2nd to May 24th

1aSDM-2019_Run-Up-to-Sundown-Marathon_Ma

Correct bro, copy and paste error. For that you can signup for HM at $5 discount @RunWalkRun

Hope you can change your mind.

"HM increase another $5. I think I will join Income HM instead"

Edited by kohpapa

The price of sundown FM is not cheap, comparable to SCSM or just slightly cheaper. This is my first Sundown FM. If the experience falls far short and got serious issues like insufficient hydration again, it will definitely be my last too. 

12 hours ago, starfinder said:

The price of sundown FM is not cheap, comparable to SCSM or just slightly cheaper. This is my first Sundown FM. If the experience falls far short and got serious issues like insufficient hydration again, it will definitely be my last too. 

At least u r giving it a chance... haaa. .