Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Sundown Marathon Singapore 2020 - 23 May (Sat)

Use promo code: OSDMHAUT (25 Jan - 1 Feb) for 8% off Early Bird Rates

HuatSDb0000e35c64a1770.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

OSIM Sundown Marathon's Ambassador, Dr Ben Tan "Are you concerned about running during this period?"

osim2020.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

I've been quite dismayed by all the bad feedback this race has had for the past 2-3 years. To think most of the local runners on this forum have practically given up or "boycotted" the race actually says a lot about the reputation of the organizers (past & present).

Nevertheless, I have (stubbornly) signed up for this race 😅  since it was the only one being held in this part of the year (Dec-May) that are in temperatures I'm used to (I don't like temperatures below 16C!!!) 

I'll be lugging a 2 bottle fuel belt as an emergency water supply (given what was reported last 2019) and am not expecting much either. 

Prob. is, with this virus going around they just might cancel! 😬

We don't know what will happen in 2 months, but I'll still continue to train since I have a major race I'm planning for in Oct-November. Even if they cancel, I'm still coming over to run 42k, even if I'll have to do it as an LSD all by myself!!!  I wonder if some locals here can suggest some nice routes for a 26 mile long run there in Sinagapore if I have to "wing" it on my own?  😇

edit--->ah, I just found this thread: http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23858-singapore-is-uniquely-a-place-for-run-it-is-either-hot-humid-or-wet-humid/

Edited by RaijinFJ

I did this 38km run few weeks ago along ECP, plenty of toilets and water stations along the way. 

18 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

I've been quite dismayed by all the bad feedback this race has had for the past 2-3 years. To think most of the local runners on this forum have practically given up or "boycotted" the race actually says a lot about the reputation of the organizers (past & present).

Nevertheless, I have (stubbornly) signed up for this race 😅  since it was the only one being held in this part of the year (Dec-May) that are in temperatures I'm used to (I don't like temperatures below 16C!!!) 

I'll be lugging a 2 bottle fuel belt as an emergency water supply (given what was reported last 2019) and am not expecting much either. 

Prob. is, with this virus going around they just might cancel! 😬

We don't know what will happen in 2 months, but I'll still continue to train since I have a major race I'm planning for in Oct-November. Even if they cancel, I'm still coming over to run 42k, even if I'll have to do it as an LSD all by myself!!!  I wonder if some locals here can suggest some nice routes for a 26 mile long run there in Sinagapore if I have to "wing" it on my own?  😇

edit--->ah, I just found this thread: http://www.sgrunners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23858-singapore-is-uniquely-a-place-for-run-it-is-either-hot-humid-or-wet-humi

Screenshot_20200222-151623.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, posfe2 said:

I did this 38km run few weeks ago along ECP, plenty of toilets and water stations along the way. 

Screenshot_20200222-151623.jpg

Actually, if you can DIY (Day or Night), then what's the point of Paying for the Race, and then get Cancelled with no Refund 😄 for whatever the Reason. The "Running Experience" is not guaranteed anyway..NO Hydration or Not..

BTW, if ECP is not Long for LSD, then continue from the end of ECP,  @posfe2  - Tanah Merah Coast Road (Park).

widened51f487d5a19c015c.jpg

bottom left is ECP - connects to Tanah Merah Coast Road >>> Changi Coast Road >>> Aviation Park Road >>> Changi Village Road (17 KM)

This stretch is totally NO toilets and water stations along the way. Only 6 shelters for you to "in case of rain", provide shelter with rooftop attached with "lightning" (Earth) only allow 2-3 person.

As for Toilet, look for the nearest bushes at nearest "State Land - No Entry, CCTVs are Watching You". Please "mark" your usage of  "pooloo" just in case the next runner "step" onto your unmarked "toilet" and curse you @()@ :"(

kitesurfinga8c3177ce0a22de9.jpg

Enjoy this one, if you wonder why you must always run and not do something else fun at the beach,  like Run Sand, Swim Open Water, and yes Surf with the "waves" or "kites on Waves". Changi Beach along Changi Coastal Park. Yes, join Fishing on high tides.

Enjoy DIY 30km if you start from Marina Barrage. ECP is only 10.5KM

@RaijinFJ, FYI  on previous Sundown Marathon Editions (notably the first 5)

image.png.9b3576d8fbdde3227b70938780a57216.png

Boycott is not our reason on why, because there was a change of Event Organizer. The previous Founder cum Event Organizer (Hivelocity) had truly "given runners - a challenging running experience"  till about 8-9th Edition which is why we PAID for the RACE.  Guaranteed in the Past👌.

Not anymore since then. With the new Event Organizer, untested because a small local regional player who is truly no global organisational capability, committed Major Road Run Foul - Hydration Not Enough. We cared more for the newbies who raced first time here and painfully reminded of it, because it is not expected and very unprofessional being Asia Largest Night Race Singapore has "No Enough Hydration".  Yes, our toilet (washroom or WC) is drinkable, Guaranteed 👌.

You got important race in Oct/Nov

2020WMMRaceDatestable.jpg

Chicago and NYC? All the best! Hope the COVID-19 should stay FREE by then. Cheers!

Edited by kohpapa
  • Like 1

Oh, these seem to be nice running routes! I've copied the pictures and am studying them on Google maps.
All the way to Changi, that seems fun!!!

Thanks to posfe2 & kohpapa! 😊

Hopefully they won't cancel though, so I won't have to DIY a long run 😅 

By the way, I did a relaxed 33km LSD today, two months too early for Sundown in May! 😜😜😜
Just my little act of defiance to Covid-19. While we have to be careful, I won't let my worry about this virus control my life exessively. 

Hopefully, this optimism may inspire other people as well. We prepare for the worst, but hope for the best! 🥴

#Fight, Wuhan!!!
#Fight, Singapore!!!
#Korea, Fighting!!!
#Ganbatte, Nippon!!! (Japan do your best!)
#Fight, Manila!!!

Sunday Long Run.jpg

Edited by RaijinFJ

16 hours ago, RaijinFJ said:

Oh, these seem to be nice running routes! I've copied the pictures and am studying them on Google maps.
All the way to Changi, that seems fun!!!

Thanks to posfe2 & kohpapa! 😊

please contribute your post on anything you have run to this sub-forum

thank you for your contribution, enjoy your running experience 👌