Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run Singapore 2020 - Postponed to 2nd Half

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Latest Update: 24 Mar 2020

I admire Pink Apple perseverance but maybe they should just take the financial hit and cancelled the race outright.

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no choice, they are stuck with this in their Rules and Regulations for years...

clauseba070a0282ca3687.jpg

maintaining NO REFUND status is going to lose more Loyalty Runners....who says the 2xu compression race is over and out...perseverance...postpone...postpone....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

As expected.... so we will see a packed b2b 2nd half of the year... which is better than no race... 

Bro, you repeat this again...so I will reply the same thing again also...

 

On 3/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, AutumnRunner said:

2md half will be cluttered....

 

On 3/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, beast said:

It has always been cluttered, even before any runs from 1st half postpone to 2nd half. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 12:15 PM, beast said:

Bro, you repeat this again...so I will reply the same thing again also...

 

 

 

😅 so true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup... maybe I should add the word "exceptionally cluttered"... and i got a feel that the races will be more overwhelmed than before... cause runners feel the deprived need to race... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am less optimistic. I say all large scale organised events for the next 6 to 9 months will probably not be held.

All these events (sporting or otherwise) being pushed to the '2nd half' are probably making the same assumption about COVID-19 that is probably going to be wide off the mark. The expectation that like SARS it will just died off, or with the onset of the summer, the virus will be less contiguous etc.

Increasingly, if any meaningful comparison is to be made, it is the Spanish Flu which lasted from January 1918 to December 1920 (a full 3 years!) Perhaps, with our current level of medical technology, we can develop a vaccine faster but looking at the outbreak numbers, expecting things to be back to normal by the 2nd half of the year is unrealistic. 

 The economic impact of the virus will also probably last for several years. Race participation is a discretionary expense. In the immediate aftermath, even if races are organised, many may not join if the race fee is what it has been for the last 3 to 4 years. It's hard to justify paying $50 for a 10K race or $80 for a HM when you have other concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

The economic impact of the virus will also probably last for several years. Race participation is a discretionary expense. In the immediate aftermath, even if races are organised, many may not join if the race fee is what it has been for the last 3 to 4 years. It's hard to justify paying $50 for a 10K race or $80 for a HM when you have other concerns.

Agree. And somemore the race routes are identical.

I will probably still sign up when the races are back on, but only selectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I am less optimistic. I say all large scale organised events for the next 6 to 9 months will probably not be held.

All these events (sporting or otherwise) being pushed to the '2nd half' are probably making the same assumption about COVID-19 that is probably going to be wide off the mark. The expectation that like SARS it will just died off, or with the onset of the summer, the virus will be less contiguous etc.

Increasingly, if any meaningful comparison is to be made, it is the Spanish Flu which lasted from January 1918 to December 1920 (a full 3 years!) Perhaps, with our current level of medical technology, we can develop a vaccine faster but looking at the outbreak numbers, expecting things to be back to normal by the 2nd half of the year is unrealistic. 

 The economic impact of the virus will also probably last for several years. Race participation is a discretionary expense. In the immediate aftermath, even if races are organised, many may not join if the race fee is what it has been for the last 3 to 4 years. It's hard to justify paying $50 for a 10K race or $80 for a HM when you have other concerns.

100% agree. Luckily stuck with two events only. Most likely will not join any further this year unless situation is stabilized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Seeing more and more unlinked cases just made me losing hope on any possible race this year...

Not having to take part in any race this year should be the least of all concerns...

People's livelihood are being severely affected, businesses are shutting down....these are more pressing issues that the society at large needs to address when this thing is over, rather than whether or not a mass run can still be organized....

If die die still need to run a race, you can always do so virtually: https://web.42race.com/events

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Facebook Feedback: force majeure has never been enforced yet in Sg; Virtual Run to get the medal and finisher tee; Refund; Transfer of slot to 2021 (option) is still available...

feedback.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 3:09 PM, beast said:

Not having to take part in any race this year should be the least of all concerns...

People's livelihood are being severely affected, businesses are shutting down....these are more pressing issues that the society at large needs to address when this thing is over, rather than whether or not a mass run can still be organized....

If die die still need to run a race, you can always do so virtually: https://web.42race.com/events

Indeed... the people u meant here might include me very soon too... let's stay positive here everyone... and run socially responsibly too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...