Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run Singapore 2020 - Postponed to 11 Apr 2021

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Frankly, I doubt cancelling outright would be any cheaper than postponing the event. Maybe they don't want to go down the route that EPIC-ESR did (no refund and convert to virtual event) and may not be in a financial position to offer a refund like SDM and Income Eco Run. 

Personally, I think quite likely they may not have the financial position to refund. 2XU is a very popular race with participants easily more than 10K. 

Posted (edited)

These are the Pink Apple exclusive races postponed in 2020 (unfinished) at this moment...

pinkapple.jpg

These are the races which are the 2XU Compression Run Series (2020 and 2021) for  participants to transfer Race Slot (without any refund)...

transfer-race.jpg

Of course, many participants affected by the new dates (and future new dates) want refund...

2xu.md.jpg

Financially, if postponed events in 2020 are not to be refunded, it will be very challenging ahead in 2021.

justrunlahe22951b1d4a7da44.jpg

(info extract: JustRunLah)

No new races have been announced since 2020...and if looking at events of the past...some "popular ones with special themes" had definitely commanded premium entry fees which were profit-making...that is, if these events can be announced soon, will they be able to attract mess participation in 2020 like in the past?...Covid-19 pandemic has definitly affected them all ....with MOH (local authority) recommendations (legal).

SDM and Income Eco Run, these races are "uniquely popular" respectively.  Both Organizers of these races are also quite financially capable in moving on to 2021 because they have no (NTUC ) or partial (Sundown - 4FU Pte Ltd) financial obligation simply they have cancelled their events in 2020...with Full Refunds...😷

It is good to be transparent in Financial Accounting for Organizations - to be prudent and wise to minimize future liabilities especially it is known that Covid-19 will definitely cause an impact on races due to having to take Outbreak Preventive Measures with future costs and expenses; and the size of grouping for Events also limit the level of participation, the last time it was 250, can it meet 10,000?

What SDM and Income Eco Run did positively, because of the uncertainty of Covid-19, it was a better decision to take social responsibility - Cancel and Offer Full Refund to All Praticipants who Paid Entry Fees with Loyalty and Goodwill, even though there were costs and expenses incurred with losses. 😷

Edited by kohpapa

Pink Apple has been one of the popular organizers. Will your confidence in them shaken if they refuse to refund? Will you still be participating in the races they organize in future?

Just seeking your opinions. For myself, I would still participate if it is a race I really want to participate.

1 hour ago, starfinder said:

Pink Apple has been one of the popular organizers. Will your confidence in them shaken if they refuse to refund? Will you still be participating in the races they organize in future?

Just seeking your opinions. For myself, I would still participate if it is a race I really want to participate.

Not at all. Even if the race has to be cancelled and no refund is offered, my confidence in Pink Apple will largely remain intact. But that is on the basis of how they have organised races in the past. I mean, moving forward, if they start screwing things up, then it will be a different consideration.

Posted (edited)

Sharing the same thought, uncle had an opportunity to work with Pink Apple once with a Multi-Sports Event as a Sanctioned Official. Had been to their office, or working premises. Had attended their organizing plans because as a Sanctioned Official, we want to make sure the Medical and Safety, plus the Conduct of Participants must be properly complied. Example, participants' attire must be proper (Tri Suit - Swim, Bike and Run - must be zip up front for both bros and sis), no mp3 allowed on Bike and Run, no barefoot on Run, no abusive/foul language against Rules towards Officials otherwise...kena "enforced"...sounded like Uncle was Covid-19 Sports Ambassador...yes, actually..lol.

Yo, You (participant), your chest exposed, zip up. Aiyoh, nowadays, so much to see.

Then, uncle had look forward to wondering who was the popular Pink Apple that gave us so many of these popular and wonderful Run Events...notably...Safari Run, and if remembered...once there was Energizer Night Race Singapore...often as a warm-up for TNF-100 Ultra Trail Races (day and night).

Well, what uncle saw was just a tables with teams in-charged of popular events. They were merely Event Management Organizers (Teams) with varied porfolio.

I was impressed with Safari Run, so asked who was in-charged. Someone responded, also in-charged on X, Y and Z events. Uncle was encouraged, yo, uncle, you want to sign-up or not...looking at Mega Posters, look good, sound good, but Uncle no money always...so never commit to any. 

What is in the past, what happens now, and what will happen in the future, depends on Loyalty and Goodwill.

This was demonstrated by two notable organizers (they are already very popular and who knows may get even popular after Covid-19) who came forward with Full Refund (without specifying No Refund policy). Btw, a Full Refund had been administered with 3-4 weeks.

Participants are right to request for Full Refund from other Race Organizers since this is a very unusual "Covid-19" testing time, safety and health is at stake, today, and even the days coming, even months or years later. Simply ask WHO or MOH (Local Authority), they will say...Are You Sure? You God or What? Coming Dec, some experts saying 2nd Wave more deadlier than this on in 2021, and don't know a repeat happens in 2022...unless a vaccine is found...meantime..testing, tracing, testing, bring down the curve..coming into the 2nd Half of 2020 in coming weeks.

We stand firm on what will be the most sensible decision, and not on what is the most popular choice or preference on these race organizers once were the most popular. What is their decisions on hosting events in already cancelled and still postponing and still postponing..

Covid-19 has changed that equation - Who will be the Fairest amongst All shall be crowned the Most Popular Choice in 2020.  

2021...we have yet completed 2020...some more...postponed dates are differed to 2nd half of 2020...so it is not to late to offer Full Refund right?

So, are there other popular local races announced yet? What about the popular ones from Pink Apple coming soon?..uncle would gladly eager awaiting...no money always...

Edited by kohpapa

10 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Not at all. Even if the race has to be cancelled and no refund is offered, my confidence in Pink Apple will largely remain intact. But that is on the basis of how they have organised races in the past. I mean, moving forward, if they start screwing things up, then it will be a different consideration.

agree.. they have built up their reputation over the years and as compared to some organisers, we can see who fares better... As for the refunding of fees, i am sure they have protected themselves in the terms and conditions.. 

It was inevitable but at least now it's official.

2XU Compression Run 2020 has now been officially postponed to 11 Apr 2021.

No offer for refund but all race slots automatically transferred to the 2021 race. And we still receive the race entitlements for this year! :startle:

Wow. Nice surprise. But I can already hear all the other race organisers reaction :crazysmile:

spoil-market-meme-400x300.jpg

Beo @lonewolf has updated the 1st post very efficiently, the updates from 2XU (wordings below) is that registered runners slots will be transferred to 2021 Apr and we will still get the goodies promised for 2020... that sounds like good deal....

[2XU Compression Run Asia Series 2020 (Singapore, Malaysia & Indonesia) will be postponed to 2021]

Dear Runners,

The 2XU Compression Run team is grateful for your support and we appreciate your understanding during these challenging times.

The 2XU Compression Run Singapore 2020 is officially postponed to 11th April 2021. The dates for the 2XU Compression Run Malaysia/Indonesia 2021 will be updated at a later period. All registered participants will automatically have their race slots transferred to the new race date with a Race Entry Pack Collection (REPC) for 2021.

You will still receive your race entitlements for the 2XU Compression Run Asia Series 2020 despite the postponement with REPC details to be announced in early August 2020. Participants who registered before 8th January 2020 and 31st March 2020 will receive a 2XU Training Shoe Bag & 2XU Hip Pack respectively. For enquiries, please contact our support team for assistance at singapore@2xurun.com.

It’s not an easy journey, but with everyone’s efforts to remain vigilant and disciplined, we are positive that we can pull through this together. In the meantime, we are working on some exciting plans for you, runners!

For now, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Yours Sincerely,
The 2XU Compression Run Team

I wonder if those registered for HM will also get the finisher shirt?

My personal feel is although the registrants are able to get this year's entitlements, somehow there may be an 'empty' feel as the race have not been run. I would have prefer a full refund.

5 hours ago, starfinder said:

I wonder if those registered for HM will also get the finisher shirt?

My personal feel is although the registrants are able to get this year's entitlements, somehow there may be an 'empty' feel as the race have not been run. I would have prefer a full refund.

Well, I guess you can't really complain with what Pink Apple is doing. Refund or no refund.

We know that refund is probably untenable as a lot of the registration fee would have been used to pay for a lot of the race logistics. Hence, they probably decide that since all the stuffs are already produced, let's just give it away.

Those who have the 'empty' feel can opt not to collect the race entitlements. Personally I understand where you are coming off. I'm not sure if I need another singlet And I probably wouldn't want a finisher tee and medal for a race that I have not run. (I remember I did the same for the cancelled YRPR in 2015 because of the haze). I wouldn't mind the Hip Pack though but I think I will get the training shoe bag which I have no need for.

So yeah. I probably won't bother with collecting the race entitlements either. 

I just read their replies to some runners' queries in the FB. The HM finisher shirt will only be given to the runners upon completion of the 21 km race, which is next year April.

Safari Zoo Run is also organized by Pink Apple. Don't know what they will do for this one as this year is supposed to be the last as the area is being re-developed.

22 hours ago, starfinder said:

I just read their replies to some runners' queries in the FB. The HM finisher shirt will only be given to the runners upon completion of the 21 km race, which is next year April..

This meant that probably they have not printed the finisher's tees yet i guess.... let's just hope that by next year April, we can really have the race in a safe environment..