Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run Singapore 2020 - Postponed to 11 Apr 2021

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Latest Update: 24 Mar 2020

I admire Pink Apple perseverance but maybe they should just take the financial hit and cancelled the race outright.

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no choice, they are stuck with this in their Rules and Regulations for years...

clauseba070a0282ca3687.jpg

maintaining NO REFUND status is going to lose more Loyalty Runners....who says the 2xu compression race is over and out...perseverance...postpone...postpone....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

As expected.... so we will see a packed b2b 2nd half of the year... which is better than no race... 

Bro, you repeat this again...so I will reply the same thing again also...

 

On 3/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, AutumnRunner said:

2md half will be cluttered....

 

On 3/17/2020 at 11:35 AM, beast said:

It has always been cluttered, even before any runs from 1st half postpone to 2nd half. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 12:15 PM, beast said:

Bro, you repeat this again...so I will reply the same thing again also...

 

 

 

😅 so true!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup... maybe I should add the word "exceptionally cluttered"... and i got a feel that the races will be more overwhelmed than before... cause runners feel the deprived need to race... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am less optimistic. I say all large scale organised events for the next 6 to 9 months will probably not be held.

All these events (sporting or otherwise) being pushed to the '2nd half' are probably making the same assumption about COVID-19 that is probably going to be wide off the mark. The expectation that like SARS it will just died off, or with the onset of the summer, the virus will be less contiguous etc.

Increasingly, if any meaningful comparison is to be made, it is the Spanish Flu which lasted from January 1918 to December 1920 (a full 3 years!) Perhaps, with our current level of medical technology, we can develop a vaccine faster but looking at the outbreak numbers, expecting things to be back to normal by the 2nd half of the year is unrealistic. 

 The economic impact of the virus will also probably last for several years. Race participation is a discretionary expense. In the immediate aftermath, even if races are organised, many may not join if the race fee is what it has been for the last 3 to 4 years. It's hard to justify paying $50 for a 10K race or $80 for a HM when you have other concerns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

The economic impact of the virus will also probably last for several years. Race participation is a discretionary expense. In the immediate aftermath, even if races are organised, many may not join if the race fee is what it has been for the last 3 to 4 years. It's hard to justify paying $50 for a 10K race or $80 for a HM when you have other concerns.

Agree. And somemore the race routes are identical.

I will probably still sign up when the races are back on, but only selectively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lonewolf said:

I am less optimistic. I say all large scale organised events for the next 6 to 9 months will probably not be held.

All these events (sporting or otherwise) being pushed to the '2nd half' are probably making the same assumption about COVID-19 that is probably going to be wide off the mark. The expectation that like SARS it will just died off, or with the onset of the summer, the virus will be less contiguous etc.

Increasingly, if any meaningful comparison is to be made, it is the Spanish Flu which lasted from January 1918 to December 1920 (a full 3 years!) Perhaps, with our current level of medical technology, we can develop a vaccine faster but looking at the outbreak numbers, expecting things to be back to normal by the 2nd half of the year is unrealistic. 

 The economic impact of the virus will also probably last for several years. Race participation is a discretionary expense. In the immediate aftermath, even if races are organised, many may not join if the race fee is what it has been for the last 3 to 4 years. It's hard to justify paying $50 for a 10K race or $80 for a HM when you have other concerns.

100% agree. Luckily stuck with two events only. Most likely will not join any further this year unless situation is stabilized.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Seeing more and more unlinked cases just made me losing hope on any possible race this year...

Not having to take part in any race this year should be the least of all concerns...

People's livelihood are being severely affected, businesses are shutting down....these are more pressing issues that the society at large needs to address when this thing is over, rather than whether or not a mass run can still be organized....

If die die still need to run a race, you can always do so virtually: https://web.42race.com/events

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Facebook Feedback: force majeure has never been enforced yet in Sg; Virtual Run to get the medal and finisher tee; Refund; Transfer of slot to 2021 (option) is still available...

feedback.jpg

Edited by kohpapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2020 at 3:09 PM, beast said:

Not having to take part in any race this year should be the least of all concerns...

People's livelihood are being severely affected, businesses are shutting down....these are more pressing issues that the society at large needs to address when this thing is over, rather than whether or not a mass run can still be organized....

If die die still need to run a race, you can always do so virtually: https://web.42race.com/events

Indeed... the people u meant here might include me very soon too... let's stay positive here everyone... and run socially responsibly too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2020 at 10:43 PM, kohpapa said:

Facebook Feedback: force majeure has never been enforced yet in Sg

Event and tourism-related contracts under new Bill - COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Bill...

agree.jpg

this could be the reason for refund 😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Refund is not happening for this run yet as I think they are still trying to make it happen in the 2nd half of the year...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Event and tourism-related contracts under new Bill - COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) Bill...

agree.jpg

this could be the reason for refund 😷

What we paid was not a deposit but the full registration fee.

I do not think the legislation applies to mass running events. 

But of course, I could be wrong. :crazysmile:

IMHO, I think the 'old radio' issue of 'refund-or-no-refund' should be put to rest.

If the race is cancelled and the organiser offered a refund, then good. I considered that a goodwill and will definitely considered them favourable in future.

If they are not in a position to do so, then the least I expect from them is a simple explanation why they could not do so. If they do, then again, I will take it in good faith and considered them favourable.

Race organier who refuse to entertain refund (as they are entitled to do so) and just throw the R&R at us, that's fine too. But I will remember. And I will definitely avoid their events in future. Provided they survive the pandemic of cos. :crazysmile:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, beast said:

Refund is not happening for this run yet as I think they are still trying to make it happen in the 2nd half of the year...

 

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

What we paid was not a deposit but the full registration fee.

I do not think the legislation applies to mass running events. 

Race organier who refuse to entertain refund (as they are entitled to do so) and just throw the R&R at us, that's fine too. But I will remember. And I will definitely avoid their events in future. Provided they survive the pandemic of cos. :crazysmile:

 

straitstimes.com-Parliament-Proposed-law

Clarified from The Straits Times report...Thank you for replying and responding.

In recent days, many changes due to Covid-19...full fee payments are not deposits...what is cancel and postpone and no refund...even though with force majeure event.

New Bills, new Rules, new Laws....full of difference in interpretations, agreements and disagreements...from sources of information...during Covid-19.

At least, discussions here have made us "more awakened" to what are our rights as consumers to Race Organisers in their R&Rs. 😷

Avoid or Boycott their races in future when we are Covid-19 Free.

Edited by kohpapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lonewolf said:

What we paid was not a deposit but the full registration fee.

I do not think the legislation applies to mass running events. 

But of course, I could be wrong. :crazysmile:

IMHO, I think the 'old radio' issue of 'refund-or-no-refund' should be put to rest.

If the race is cancelled and the organiser offered a refund, then good. I considered that a goodwill and will definitely considered them favourable in future.

If they are not in a position to do so, then the least I expect from them is a simple explanation why they could not do so. If they do, then again, I will take it in good faith and considered them favourable.

Race organier who refuse to entertain refund (as they are entitled to do so) and just throw the R&R at us, that's fine too. But I will remember. And I will definitely avoid their events in future. Provided they survive the pandemic of cos. :crazysmile:

 

I view it as how well you want to argue this. For me I would actually consider our "full registration fee" as "full deposit", because the service that is promised to us was not yet delivered when we make the payment. Hence the payment can be viewed as a as a pledge of contract in the form of deposit, where we pay first and expect the service that we paid for to be delivered later. 

If we can take it from that perspective, then I believe the new legislation can outlawed the force majeure clause.

But of course, I am no lawyer.:crazysmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The only local race that returns 100% Refund - NTUC Income EcoRun 2020

facebook.com-Income-Eco-Run-page-001.jpg

Entry fee was the financial transaction which we agreed to take part in the race with the stipulation of R&R agreed with the organizer on the force majeure clause.

Hence, I believe the new legislation can outlawed the force majeure clause...

Uncle stands firmly on this because the act of force majeure is enforced in SG (revoke on the obligation of previous agreement to the force majeure clause of No Refund). Any dispute of Full Refund can now be settled with the Law Minister for consideration in this new legislation.

Question is how many would want to stand up collectively?

Thanks to @beast, you sounded like you can be in the legal professional.

Again, any consideration of Refund is definitely good for Loyalty Participants as well as those who are on the sideline looking at how Race Organizer (aka Pink Apple Pte Ltd) responds as an obligated professional contractual service to Runners during Covid-19.

Will the same professional service rendered in the past be the same in the postponed races in the future?

Uncle doubted with much reservation because of the expectation that new "sanitized" races of the future will involve more administrative cost due to enhanced measures to make sure races are complied to local authority new guidelines for events.

Such example could be restrictions to Events from Thousands to only Hundreds to only Tens. Then how?  In current CB, we are not to meet for any non-essential reason. Then we cannot gather even with up to 10 (That was how the second postpone due to Covid-19 was the reason). Previously was we cannot gather even with up to 250 (That was how the first postpone due to Covid-19 was the reason). 😷

A year ago in 2019...Past Event

Race results for the 2XU Compression Run Singapore 2019 held April 7 have not been released due to payment issues

(info - https://mybestruns.com/running-news.php/3221)

mybestruns.com-Race-results-for-the-2XU-

mybestruns.com-Race-results-for-the-2XU-

 

mybestruns.com-Race-results-for-the-2XU-

 

mybestruns.com-Race-results-for-the-2XU-

Please, none of the competitive prize money has been paid (according to the report), don't punish the runners was in 2019.

Now this is the time to fulfill your contractual obligations for Full Refund in 2020 to 10,000 - 15,000 participants.

If at just $70 per participant, you are obligated for up to $1 million for Full Refund...wah...no wonder under force majeure clause...what if it is revoked?

Edited by kohpapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, beast said:

But of course, I am no lawyer.:crazysmile:

Could have fooled me. 

You can be one! :crazysmile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thelonelyrunner said:

I will believe there weren't be any refund for this event? 😕

Why should they, they are protected by the clause under force majeure clause which all runners have signed up with Full entry fee, agreeing that regardless of Covid-19 or otherwise, NO REFUND.

But, there is possibility transfer for slot to 2021 if no postponed race can be organised on 2nd half of 2020 according to FB response from Organizer...

transfer.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kohpapa said:

Why should they, they are protected by the clause under force majeure clause which all runners have signed up with Full entry fee, agreeing that regardless of Covid-19 or otherwise, NO REFUND

OhMyGod believe

Not only must Justice be done; it must also be seen to be done.

If a contract is 100% advantage to 1 party, then is can be void.

Anyone can bring the case to court.

OhMyGod,

No Refund, No SignUp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Die die.. dun wanna cancelled. :crazysmile:

Frankly, I am a little flabbergasted by Pink Apple's optimism. Given the current trajectory of the pandemic, even when CB measures are eased, I doubt that any large scale events would be allowed until a vaccine is widely available or if the virus just goes away like SARS did. Neither of those looks likely to happen this year. 

Frankly, I doubt cancelling outright would be any cheaper than postponing the event. Maybe they don't want to go down the route that EPIC-ESR did (no refund and convert to virtual event) and may not be in a financial position to offer a refund like SDM and Income Eco Run. 

 

Edited by lonewolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...