Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run Singapore 2020 - 05 Apr (Sun)

Registration has opened!

1st post updated with fee, entitlements, pen etc

I guess to address the issue of over-crowding, Pink Apple finally has decided to introduce a pen system for next year race. And those registering for Pen A (2h 10m and below) need to submit proof of their timing. And those found to not qualify will be bump down to the next Pen. So not like SCSM where you can just self-declare your timing without proof. 

Pen A and B are also restricted to 2,500 runners in 1 wave so the number will be more manageable.

Wave allocation  for Pen C (2 waves) and Pen D (3 waves) are on 1st come 1st serve basis. 

Also finally, there is going to be an e-cert for next year making the HM a Trinity Run. @activerun will be pleased! :crazysmile:

So with the above changes, will those who has skipped/planning to skip reconsider your decision? 

Edited by lonewolf

3 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Registration has opened!

I guess to address the issue of over-crowding, Pink Apple finally has decided to introduce a pen system for next year race. And those registering for Pen A (2h 10m and below) need to submit proof of their timing. And those found to not qualify will be bump down to the next Pen. So not like SCSM where you can just self-declare your timing without proof. 

Pen A and B are also restricted to 2,500 runners in 1 wave so the number will be more manageable.

Wave allocation  for Pen C (2 waves) and Pen D (3 waves) are on 1st come 1st serve basis. 

Also finally, there is going to be an e-cert for next year making the HM a Trinity Run. @activerun will be pleased! :crazysmile:

So with the above changes, will those who has skipped/planning to skip reconsider your decision? 

I don't think this will really resolve the major issue of the run, which is oversubscription of runners wanting to take part of the run.

They mention that Pen A and B will be restricted to 2,500 runners, but never state how many runners each wave in Pen C and D is going to be? Will it be 2,500 like Pen A and B? Assuming that is a yes that will bring the total runners to 17,500, which will be roughly about 10-15% less than 20,000+ runners in the previous editions. It is still going to be a crowded run, so for those who think this run has too many runners, it most likely won't do anything to steer them to reconsider their decision.

6 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Registration has opened!

Does previous race like AHM or Eco run in 2018 or 2017 still holds our past running results ? To show as proof.  

Next time I got to screen shot all the results of all races I participate to keep record. SCSM might go this way going by this year many pen B and C runners lag behind Pen D or even Pen E runners. 

7 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Registration has opened!

i find pink Apple cute lah, lets say i have a good timing for a race, but i dun screen shot the timing, By 2020, most website would have refreshed with a new work year, and all your old results will be erased. Unless they have a database of my timing. And not all race issue E-cert too. So not everyone can produce a timing of their past runs. I dun keep my running results too. Except in my Garmin watch, it stores my race day time. But i can't proof its run by me, bec its just a watch wore, not a E-cert. 

Regarding Standard Chart people "Kelong" and declare faster timing, this SCM to me is plain lazy, they should have at least a database of results stored tagged to the NRIC of the person. Storing one excel results spreadsheet and tagging to NRIC isn't difficult at all, i think even a poly student can do some simple software codes to tag it, but they dun...just let u suka suka declare. End up everyone kelong and go in front. To me is just plain lazy. 

11 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Registration has opened!

Thanks lonewolf!

In order to "wash" away runners' bad memory about this year's Super Slow Result Released tussling between "Time Keeper" and Title Sponsor and to win back the "Angry Bird" runners, finally PinkApple organizer or the title sponsor kowtows to the runners with "Trinity Run" incentive. 

Early bird HM pricing so expensive. I’ll pass and go for the simpler and cheaper HM in April

15 hours ago, Ender said:

Does previous race like AHM or Eco run in 2018 or 2017 still holds our past running results ? To show as proof.  

Next time I got to screen shot all the results of all races I participate to keep record. SCSM might go this way going by this year many pen B and C runners lag behind Pen D or even Pen E runners. 

I don't think race organizers will bother to check everyone's records unless you are an elite runner wanting to go to the first or second pen with timings like sub 1.45 HM or sub 3.30 FM. They would want these runners to have the best possible race experience as these are the runners likely to sign up for the run again. For the rest of us, I don't think they will really bother.

15 hours ago, AdiZero said:

i find pink Apple cute lah, lets say i have a good timing for a race, but i dun screen shot the timing, By 2020, most website would have refreshed with a new work year, and all your old results will be erased. Unless they have a database of my timing. And not all race issue E-cert too. So not everyone can produce a timing of their past runs. I dun keep my running results too. Except in my Garmin watch, it stores my race day time. But i can't proof its run by me, bec its just a watch wore, not a E-cert. 

Regarding Standard Chart people "Kelong" and declare faster timing, this SCM to me is plain lazy, they should have at least a database of results stored tagged to the NRIC of the person. Storing one excel results spreadsheet and tagging to NRIC isn't difficult at all, i think even a poly student can do some simple software codes to tag it, but they dun...just let u suka suka declare. End up everyone kelong and go in front. To me is just plain lazy. 

You mean tagging runners and pre-allocate them into pens based on their past SCSM results? 

That is possible, but it could potentially opens up more cans of worms:

- For those who missed previous year's SCSM, DNF or DNS how do you determine their timing?
- If a runner gets a lousy timing last year, but trains very hard and could potentially increase his timing by a lot, how do you get him to start in an earlier pen?

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think most if not all of the other marathons around the world also rely on runners to provide their own timing and then allocate them into pens accordingly. They would expect most runners to be truthful about their timings and those who lied to get into an earlier pen belong to the minority. As mentioned above, these are also not the runners that race organizers place priority on, and they can live with this minor issue.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:08 PM, lonewolf said:

Yeah. I tend to agree with you. After reassessing the expected flight time, I probably won't have sufficient rest even for the 10K. And the 10K is not really that cheap either. 

So I'm just going to have an awesome time in Taipei and forget about the streak. Thanks for sharing your opinion! :thumbsup:

Hey, maybe if I do successfully go through with it, I may share what event it was that I attended when the time comes around. :crazysmile:

Agree too with your decision... and just enjoy...