Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

2XU Compression Run Singapore 2020 - 05 Apr (Sun)

655821133_2020-04-052XUBanner.thumb.jpg.dfa50e999b3e507b9ff3e6b29ed3d97c.jpg

1151260883_2020-04-052XUFee.thumb.jpg.daf6208369b0adca07f81a071c7a99a3.jpg

2079089479_2020-04-052XUPenjpg.thumb.jpg.724806edd37edac4ab76341008062df3.jpg

Runner's Entitlement

• Singlet
  • Finisher Tee
  • Finisher Medal
  • E-Certificate
  • Training Shoe Bag * (2XU Compression Run Training Shoe Bag (worth $22) for registrations before 31st Dec 2019, 2359hrs)

singlet.png

• Finisher Tee

finisher.png

Race Entry Pack Collection

DATE: 27th - 29th March 2020
TIME: 11am to 8pm (27th Mar) & 11am to 7pm (28th - 29th Mar)
VENUE: Marina Square Level 2 Central Atrium, 6 Raffles Blvd, S039594

[COMMENT] Sadly I have to miss one of my streak races for next year. :( But hey, I will be doing something that I have been dreaming of doing for a long time so it's all good. :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf
  • Like 1

2018 - waited 50mins at start pen even though I’m in the 2nd wave. 

2019 - boycott and glad I boycotted it

2020 - continue to boycott 

I also boycott this many years. I last did them when they had their first and last Full Marathon. After that stop participating becoz it getting too expensive.

I think 2XU has been a good race for some years, even though this year was my first participation. It is more expensive than other HM such as Marina Race probably because of its brand and location.

This year is also my first year of participation. Don't remember any negative experience... Maybe need to check back on my this year's experience, to decide whether to sign up.

16 hours ago, AutumnRunner said:

Well... what's the dream about? A marathon major race?

I am also keen to know what is bro lonewolf's dream that made him unable to join this next year...

15 hours ago, starfinder said:

I think 2XU has been a good race for some years, even though this year was my first participation. It is more expensive than other HM such as Marina Race probably because of its brand and location.

It has always been relatively well organized (not great but also no major hiccups)... the major complaint for this run had always been that it is severely oversubscribed, making the race more crowded than the other HMs and also late flagoffs due to the the large number of waves. Also it has been around for a very long time, making it one of the popular HMs to run. 

To my understanding many runners join due to the good quality of 2XU apparel, and there were no track records of any major issues with the race organization thus far. Pink Apple had gotten away with charging a premium pricing of this race for many editions, and no surprise that this race will still be $60+ next year.

15 hours ago, sicklycat said:

This year is also my first year of participation. Don't remember any negative experience... Maybe need to check back on my this year's experience, to decide whether to sign up.

Among the complaints last year:

- Sharetransport hiccup (I think some runners bought shuttle bus tickets but not reflected in the app)

- Overcrowded (as per the same issue in the previous editions)

- Inaccurate distance (vast differences in the distances tracked by different people different GPS app/watches)

- The famous results delay due to KPI not paying Pink Apple on time

21 hours ago, stalky79 said:

2018 - waited 50mins at start pen even though I’m in the 2nd wave. 

2019 - boycott and glad I boycotted it

Thank you for sharing. I had almost the same experience as yours, so I need to seriously consider about next year... 

1st post updated with pricing from SCSM Race Expo. 

Those who registered onsite has 10x chance to win a pair of compression tights. 

Please share @lonewolf what is the dream??? Haha... I’m curious.

I’ll be giving this race a miss in 2020 because I’ve already committed to an overseas event. 

2 hours ago, lonewolf said:

1st post updated with pricing from SCSM Race Expo. 

Those who registered onsite has 10x chance to win a pair of compression tights. 

So the top prize of a lucky draw is only a pair of compression tights? Wah lau....

2 hours ago, prisangel said:

Please share @lonewolf what is the dream??? Haha... I’m curious.

I’ll be giving this race a miss in 2020 because I’ve already committed to an overseas event. 

Not running related. So will not be sharing. :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

8 hours ago, beast said:

- Sharetransport hiccup (I think some runners bought shuttle bus tickets but not reflected in the app)

- Inaccurate distance (vast differences in the distances tracked by different people different GPS app/watches)

Thanks, beast!

I read through this year's event forum reviews, and for me personally, the only negative should be the poorly lit route - which resulted in route hazards not being clearly visible. Am wondering if organizers will improve their sense of safety next year.

Edited by sicklycat

On 11/27/2019 at 11:08 PM, sicklycat said:

Thanks, beast!

I read through this year's event forum reviews, and for me personally, the only negative should be the poorly lit route - which resulted in route hazards not being clearly visible. Am wondering if organizers will improve their sense of safety next year.

I don't actually remember the route being too poorly lit. 

Pink Apple has been organizing runs for a long time and if it is just certain parts of the route that needs to be lit up more due to negligence, it should be an easy fix.

I did the HM this year. Think the only area where it was not brightly lit is Marina East Drive area. Any race which uses this route will have the same problem so I personally don't see it as a big issue. 

7 hours ago, beast said:

I don't actually remember the route being too poorly lit. 

Pink Apple has been organizing runs for a long time and if it is just certain parts of the route that needs to be lit up more due to negligence, it should be an easy fix.

Yes, some parts of the route - I also forgot, till I re-read last year's forum thread :)

Regardless easy fix or difficult fix, I just hope they do fix it :)

Edited by sicklycat

for those who ran the SCSM last night would experience another unlit portion of the GBTB East.... so it is not uncommon... just that organisers need to take the budget to lit it up better to ensure runners are aware of any foreign objects or uneven ground.

On 11/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, beast said:

I am also keen to know what is bro lonewolf's dream that made him unable to join this next year...

It has always been relatively well organized (not great but also no major hiccups)... the major complaint for this run had always been that it is severely oversubscribed, making the race more crowded than the other HMs and also late flagoffs due to the the large number of waves. Also it has been around for a very long time, making it one of the popular HMs to run. 

To my understanding many runners join due to the good quality of 2XU apparel, and there were no track records of any major issues with the race organization thus far. Pink Apple had gotten away with charging a premium pricing of this race for many editions, and no surprise that this race will still be $60+ next year.

I agree, Great pointers, Actually 2XU run is quite well organized, except overcrowding issues, there are really many walkers and "leisure runners" aiming to complete the race just to get the 2XU tee, If anyone is aiming for a PB, my frank opinion, dun go for 2XU, there are really many rich "T-shirt collector runners"! U end up very frustrated bec u are blocked by groups of Teenagers, youngsters.

On 11/26/2019 at 9:52 PM, AutumnRunner said:

Well... what's the dream about? A marathon major race?

On 11/27/2019 at 2:36 PM, beast said:

Well, like I said, it's not running related so it's definitely not going overseas for another running event or anything like that.

And it's still very tentative as only the date for the event has been fixed on 03 Apr. But it is happening in Taipei which I have never been to before (but going to Taipei per se is not the dream). I can still fly back on 04 Apr and still take part of cos but it will not be ideal and likely the HM is definitely not tenable. So if I do that, it will probably be for the 10K but not sure if its worth it just to keep the streak alive. 

Anyway, nothing is cast in stone yet I still have time to think about it. 

4 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Well, like I said, it's not running related so it's definitely not going overseas for another running event or anything like that.

And it's still very tentative as only the date for the event has been fixed on 03 Apr. But it is happening in Taipei which I have never been to before (but going to Taipei per se is not the dream). I can still fly back on 04 Apr and still take part of cos but it will not be ideal and likely the HM is definitely not tenable. So if I do that, it will probably be for the 10K but not sure if its worth it just to keep the streak alive. 

Anyway, nothing is cast in stone yet I still have time to think about it. 

I will say go for your Taipei event, whatever that is, and have a good prolonged holiday there since it is your first time there.

2XU streak isn't worth sacrificing an overseas event for. Time to free yourself haha. 

1 hour ago, beast said:

I will say go for your Taipei event, whatever that is, and have a good prolonged holiday there since it is your first time there.

2XU streak isn't worth sacrificing an overseas event for. Time to free yourself haha. 

Yeah. I tend to agree with you. After reassessing the expected flight time, I probably won't have sufficient rest even for the 10K. And the 10K is not really that cheap either. 

So I'm just going to have an awesome time in Taipei and forget about the streak. Thanks for sharing your opinion! :thumbsup:

Hey, maybe if I do successfully go through with it, I may share what event it was that I attended when the time comes around. :crazysmile: