Sign in to follow this  
lonewolf

Income Eco Run 2020 [CANCELLED]

10 hours ago, kcslchin said:

happy to see the finisher tee. I'm still wearing their earlier grey ones to sleep¬†ūüėä

The grey one is quite comfy... I wore it out ... haaa

Champion the green cause with Income Eco Run 2020! ONE day till the end of SUPER Early Bird rates.

incomeecorun.sg-Income-Eco-Run-2020-Run-

Early Bird Starts from 15 Jan 2020

incomeecorun.sg-RACE-CATEGORIES-page-001

incomeecorun.sg-RACE-CATEGORIES-page-002

Edited by kohpapa

Huat are you waiting for? Use '8ECO' for $8 off Income Eco Run Early Bird rates from now till 31 Jan!

huat.jpg

Cheaper than Super Early Bird rate. It pays not to sign up too early. Huat Lah! Unless those that get it for only $0.50 promo.

Edited by kohpapa

On 1/22/2020 at 3:07 PM, kohpapa said:

Huat are you waiting for? Use '8ECO' for $8 off Income Eco Run Early Bird rates from now till 31 Jan!

huat.jpg

Cheaper than Super Early Bird rate. It pays not to sign up too early. Huat Lah! Unless those that get it for only $0.50 promo.

this makes some happy and some unhappy

7 hours ago, kcslchin said:

this makes some happy and some unhappy

You can't make everyone 100% happy 100% of the time. -_-

I'm one of those who signed up during the Super Early Bird and $42 (policyholder rate).

Frankly, I'm ambivalent about the extra discount offered  by race organiser. It's good for those who are sitting on the fence and may need the extra discount to entice them to sign up. If it works, then good for them.

If it helps to maintain the financial sustainability of the race in the long run, then it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Of cos, I'm also sure many of those who signed up during Super Early Bird probably dun think like me and feel that they have been short changed. :crazysmile:

On 1/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, lonewolf said:

I'm one of those who signed up during the Super Early Bird and $42 (policyholder rate).

Frankly, I'm ambivalent about the extra discount offered  by race organiser. It's good for those who are sitting on the fence and may need the extra discount to entice them to sign up. If it works, then good for them.

If it helps to maintain the financial sustainability of the race in the long run, then it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Of cos, I'm also sure many of those who signed up during Super Early Bird probably dun think like me and feel that they have been short changed. :crazysmile:

I think $42 is low enough for a half marathon... so I think it's ok lah... 

On 1/26/2020 at 11:36 AM, lonewolf said:

I signed up Super Early and at policyholder rate. 

I feel 'cheated' though that's too strong a word.  :fish:

Keep thinking in future shouldn't so gan cheong sign up

13 hours ago, kcslchin said:

I signed up Super Early and at policyholder rate. 

I feel 'cheated' though that's too strong a word.  :fish:

Keep thinking in future shouldn't so gan cheong sign up

The thing is there is absolutely no guarantee that such generous discounts will pop up later.

So if its one of my streak races (like this one) I would probably  just go ahead and sign up.

If its for a race that I feel is not especially cheap, not one of my streak races and a generous discount pop up, then of cos I will consider signing up then. 

I wonder if such 'pop up discounts' are a sign that there is not enough participants and this is why the organizers offer bigger discounts to attract more sign-ups?

On 1/31/2020 at 1:42 PM, starfinder said:

I wonder if such 'pop up discounts' are a sign that there is not enough participants and this is why the organizers offer bigger discounts to attract more sign-ups?

Good question!

On 1/31/2020 at 1:42 PM, starfinder said:

I think it is definitely... if it sells out, there is no need to go to such extent...

Posted (edited)

Is anyone really surprised?

Damn steady though. Dun even need to 'apply for refund'  >> Your entry fees will be automatically refunded to you via the same mode of payment used at sign-up.

I think all the other race organisers see this sure damn upset: "Wah liao ehh.. spoil market!" :crazysmile:

Edited by lonewolf

Damn steady though. Dun even need to 'apply for refund'  >> Your entry fees will be automatically refunded to you via the same mode of payment used at sign-up.

I think all the other race organisers see this sure damn upset: "Wah liao ehh.. spoil market!" :crazysmile:

THIS is how every race should be instead of transferring to next year or making me fill up form or write in to ask for refund.

Income350 has always been well managed, even in the year thunderstorm forced a cancellation of HM.

Haha, I spent so much effort to delay my lunch for the 50 cent race... Now refund 50 cent. LoL. 

I wish they give the option to runners to habe a place for next year race.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, RunWalkRun said:

Two thumbs up for the organisers for making things so fuss free. Will look forward to the 2021 edition.

$$$ refunded must be returned within a reasonable period, because it is very important to all who have paid. In case if this condition is not met, there imust have an option to enquire and assurance that an efficient mode of transaction must be effectively transacted.

Income Eco Run is organised by NTUC Income Insurance Co-operative Limited, hence, we would expect making things so fuss free.

Establishing great "Loyalty Runners" with Refund Policy (spell it out in Rules and Regulations on Races) shall be the Best Policy for all future races. Otherwise, OMG! no refund, no signup.

Edited by kohpapa

20 hours ago, lonewolf said:

Is anyone really surprised?

Yeah, not surprised... This is totally expected, with all the announcements, and considering who are the organizers of this Run.

Posted (edited)

uncle is affected by the cancellation, but very clearly, after announcement from the FB...

Immediate info from website:

Announce earlier will make sure that international runners can still try to refund/rebook their plane tickets and hotel reservations.

All Participants, including the public at large, are aware of the standard Refund Policy and Process.

Kudo¬†ūü§ó

Edited by kohpapa

On 3/16/2020 at 11:55 AM, lonewolf said:

This is the race that I paid for the least $$ for the registration... 50 cents only... Actually I was hoping whether the organizer could reserve the slot for 2021...¬†¬†I think I'm too¬†greedy....¬†ūüėÖūü§£

Posted (edited)

better luck next year, bro...100% cancellation means everyone has a fair chance to pay the right $$ for registration for 2021 (Loyalty Runner, Early Bird, Special Promotion, 50cent - if any)...like uncle got $3 saving due to CNY Special Promotion...I think I'm too greedy....in every golden opportunity...all makes sacrifice..

On 3/16/2020 at 6:39 PM, Ender said:

Haha, I spent so much effort to delay my lunch for the 50 cent race... Now refund 50 cent. LoL. 

I wish they give the option to runners to habe a place for next year race.

with this regard, you can read previously uncle posted on Q&A on why Income Run 2020 decided not to postpone...because of Covid-19...

meaning no option of participants transferring their slot purchased to 2021, for you don't know what is the future...financially, no one owes anyone $$$...a fair transaction for 2020...ALL participants with lobang paid 50 cents...Special Promotion - Saved $3...Early Bird...ALL refunded...

otherwise, this forum thread will be carried forward to 2021...who gained from 50 cents...saved $3...Early Bird...we would be "marked" as we are too greedy and damned lucky in 2020.... if 2021 race fee is adjusted upward...then new entry 2021 participants will feel "cheapened"...if 2021 race is adjusted downward..some of us would feed damned too greedy and damned unlucky in 2020 

once again, kudo to Income Run 2020...fairly and decisive...automatically refunded to you via the same mode of payment used at sign-up

unlike another race SDM 2020...they offer Actually I was hoping whether the organizer could reserve the slot for 2021...for Refund, write email...Otherwise...Move on to 2021...[opt out] email Refund...by default [opt in]...slot reserved for 2021.

financially, the race organiser kept your money till 2021...

Edited by kohpapa

Those who have signed up for the race. check your credit card statement (should be in the unbilled section).

The refund came in on Sunday (12 Apr)