Sign in to follow this  
SG RED DEVIL

50 HRS NON STOP RUN 2020 (10-12 APR) CANCELLED

On 7/23/2020 at 12:23 PM, AutumnRunner said:

I am 50-50 Ultra and Marathons as i have a few friends who stepped into the Ultra journey and got stuck to it all the way... The way to run Ultra is quite different from Marathon as timing might not be the primary consideration. In Ultra, there is a strong sense of comradery where everyone chat and talks to one another during the pit-stop or even during the run... in Marathons, it is lesser seen, except to your training buddies...

50-50? The number of times you ran ultras were the same as you ran marathons?

The memory I had about you was that many people of this forum tried to get you run Craze Ultra but you were like no I want to save my legs to focus on getting PBs for marathons....

21 hours ago, beast said:

50-50? The number of times you ran ultras were the same as you ran marathons?

The memory I had about you was that many people of this forum tried to get you run Craze Ultra but you were like no I want to save my legs to focus on getting PBs for marathons....

now i read again what i typed and indeed my language doesnt make sense... pardon me....

what i meant by 50-50 is that I always have a 50-50 mindset to join Ultras as compared to a Marathon race.... hahah

On 7/27/2020 at 8:58 AM, AutumnRunner said:

now i read again what i typed and indeed my language doesnt make sense... pardon me....

what i meant by 50-50 is that I always have a 50-50 mindset to join Ultras as compared to a Marathon race.... hahah

Uh I still don't understand what is your definition of 50-50 mindset... 

Isn't it always a 50-50 mindset to join a run? It's either you join or you don't join...there is no 3rd option...

1 hour ago, beast said:

Uh I still don't understand what is your definition of 50-50 mindset... 

Isn't it always a 50-50 mindset to join a run? It's either you join or you don't join...there is no 3rd option...

He probably means he always hesitates and think here think there whether to 'upgrade' from full marathons to ultras or not. In the end also never right bro Autumn?  I still waiting for you to join Craze Ultra...

18 hours ago, wonderfulblevic said:

He probably means he always hesitates and think here think there whether to 'upgrade' from full marathons to ultras or not. In the end also never right bro Autumn?  I still waiting for you to join Craze Ultra...

Really? I have always thought he was quite adamant about not joining ultras... The only one time he said he will consider joining Craze Ultra and you guys have been at it forever haha....

On 7/28/2020 at 8:03 PM, wonderfulblevic said:

still waiting?? mai lah mai lah... my old legs giving up on me twice during this CB period..... must be telling me something.....🙄

22 hours ago, beast said:

Really? I have always thought he was quite adamant about not joining ultras... The only one time he said he will consider joining Craze Ultra and you guys have been at it forever haha....

that's right @beast, i recalled it was around 2014 or 2015 period where i sustained an injury and forgo the registration. I had in fact registered for the 101km category but gave up in the end cause of injury.

On 7/30/2020 at 1:03 PM, AutumnRunner said:

still waiting?? mai lah mai lah... my old legs giving up on me twice during this CB period..... must be telling me something.....🙄

Thanks for clarifying that you are not considering joining ultras anytime already... and so I guess you no longer have any of your so-called 50-50 mindset of joining... which I am still confused what exactly do you mean.

Anyhow, never mind explaining that anymore. We are going off track from the discussion of this run already.