ZZIZZ

Safari Zoo Run 2020 - Second Half of 2020 [Postponed]

9 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I dun see how they can proceed and comply with MOH's latest directive.

Ticketed events with 250 participants or more to be deferred or cancelled under COVID-19 social-distancing measures: MOH

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-coronavirus-social-distancing-ticketed-events-250-people-12534488

Oh no. Very likely to be postpone or cancel.

22 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Oh no. Very likely to be postpone or cancel.

I don't think can be postponed. They need to cordon off the area for the Mandai Project already...

Also it is not compulsory for them to cancel it.

If tickets have been sold for these events, organisers must demonstrate that satisfactory precautionary measures are in place before they can proceed, the ministry said.

If they stagger start times well apart from each other, and provide adequate hydration and wet towels, there is still a slight chance it can proceed? Not from MOH, just thinking aloud if these will constitute as "satisfactory precautionary measures".

Edited by beast
20 hours ago, beast said:

Also it is not compulsory for them to cancel it.

If they stagger start times well apart from each other, and provide adequate hydration and wet towels, there is still a slight chance it can proceed? Not from MOH, just thinking aloud if these will constitute as "satisfactory precautionary measures".

Even though it is not compulsory to cancel, I think most organizers will be more cautious and just cancel - There's already a government advisory...... and given the current situation, no one will blame them for cancelling.

The worst possibility that can happen is to push through with the event, then realise that one person became a confirmed case (with symptoms on event day), and passed it to others during the event...... There were already a few clusters in SG, due to the same reason.

Edited by sicklycat
On 3/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, lonewolf said:

I dun see how they can proceed and comply with MOH's latest directive.

Ticketed events with 250 participants or more to be deferred or cancelled under COVID-19 social-distancing measures: MOH

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-coronavirus-social-distancing-ticketed-events-250-people-12534488

please SGRUNNERS lonewolf my kind request is learn to read whole article before here. why? because you are the voice of sgrunners, you say event cancel, event will cancel. 

clearly below says committed events who sell tickets ready can go on.

thank you

On 3/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, bookie said:

please SGRUNNERS lonewolf my kind request is learn to read whole article before here. why? because you are the voice of sgrunners, you say event cancel, event will cancel. 

clearly below says committed events who sell tickets ready can go on.

thank you

He never says the event will be cancelled...

The article says "If tickets have been sold for these events, organisers must demonstrate that satisfactory precautionary measures are in place before they can proceed,"

It is safe to assume that it is hard to demonstrate satisfactory social distancing in a way and the easier way is to cancel... 

Well, even assuming they get a green light from the authorities to proceed, I don't thnik any race organizer would risk the ignominy of being blamed for causing an outbreak if clusters of infections are traced back to the event! 😬

If they won't give a refund, on the bright side at least you'll be getting some of your registration fee back by way of some benefits/entitilements. 😅

Edited by RaijinFJ

Well, runners do get additional complimentary entry to the Night Safari and Bird Park. This is a good gesture, at least to me, as I am not a wild life member and thus save money in visiting these places.

But I do feel disappointed not able to run in the zoo. Locally, this is one of the unique race apart from Yellow Ribbon where the running venues or finisher point is really different.

1 hour ago, starfinder said:

Well, runners do get additional complimentary entry to the Night Safari and Bird Park. This is a good gesture, at least to me, as I am not a wild life member and thus save money in visiting these places.

But I do feel disappointed not able to run in the zoo. Locally, this is one of the unique race apart from Yellow Ribbon where the running venues or finisher point is really different.

I can relate to that. I really miss running at places like Mandai for the Energizer Night Trail Run and Changi Exhibition Centre for past Sundown...

this has been a "theme" run and that involves family with children...mostly, you are allowed to walk and sightseeing...and if the "theme" has become you want to be "immerse" with animals, and decide to stop...there is actually no competitive reason...because it has be family-oriented event...

it is such unfortunately, that on the Last and Finale Edition, this race is postponed...

zoo.jpg

spread over different routes...and since there will be upgrading and renovation of new Zoo (which also will include Bird Bird in the near future)...

so all participants would never be bothered with the postponement...because they are looking forward....new routes that will be definitely be more interesting because nobody would know what to expect then...

so no, there will definitely no substitution for Mandai Trail run...Central Catchment Nature Reserve or PCN around it...

simply...family-oriented run/walk/tour objective is never to visit Central Catchment Nature Reserve...it is a journey of seeing Animals, Birds, Reptiles...Water Mammals...and more...together...friends of Animals/Birds/Reptiles...

but again mess gathering of crowd is not a norm at the current Covid-19 pandemic..

so look forward...Postpone is actually good news...participants will be entitled to the "missing" event till until the new Zoo is ready...why not...surely anticipation...future "Zoo race" to be run/walk/visit will be much better than present one...right?

Edited by kohpapa

Entitlement...wah...uncle wants that monkey...FREE ADMISSION...

001eedd5ceb5c55121c.jpg

E-Ticket...GOES VIRTUAL!

00238e8358def92e4da.jpg

What's new...Can Register as New Participant..go FACEBOOK...update...

Safari Zoo Run '20 Virtual Experience (New and Existing Participants)

step1.jpg

00394526baf2d3de44e.jpg

go here and see >>>> https://www.safarizoo.run/digtalprogramme.html

safarizoo.run-Safari-Zoo-Run-2020-The-Fi

safarizoo.run-Safari-Zoo-Run-2020-The-Fi

All registered participants get to enjoy exclusive virtual classes!...join our Safari Zoo Run: Virtual Experience closed group to enjoy the classes!

what.jpg

means what...join Closed Group(s)...do what

ah meng

so Stretching and Flexible Exercise like Ah Meng the Orangutan...uncle makes sure 3 Oct and 4 Oct must book in and with Closed Group...ok, BOOK...3 Oct..

0041ee5af4212a56fec.md.jpg

You mean...running with Orangutan Exercise Closed Group or running a "designated route"..enjoy digital program Experience...Admission with Booking with Race Bib Experience ...VIRTUAL Run Edition FB TBA...

ok, the truth is...

trutheb7b41ca9416d9b8.jpg

Run or Walk at any location and at anytime starting from 1 Oct to 15 Nov...

that is what your e-Ticket is for the Virtual Run is all about...

read on..

fb.md.jpg

for New Participants...otherwise, existing...Mail Delivery...understood...

005a643e6fd506e0f62.jpg

all must book time slot...Virtual Experience...e-Ticket...GOES VIRTUAL! (RUN Edition)

18b0ea528ca1cdcfc.jpg

2b02f75c777ad470c.jpg

384e4e1d0fe0ed3cd.jpg

4dff7c22638a4e997.jpg

5144406c1b58ba6a0.jpg

looks cool...Enjoy. Don't miss it if you have not registered...FB TBA...

at least this race can finally END in 2020...Virtually...move on to 2021...😀

Edited by kohpapa

uncle happy to understand the Virtual Race Format...

0081e54c28d618c76a.jpg

understood..so no "designated route" at zoo...

price...

15b5ff49dae7c5e95.jpg

3a068627afcfb9a84.jpg

how it works...as explained and detailed in previous post...

about82e590901849b42e.jpg

Important note: Back of your race bib...visual ID* for visits...

384e4e1d0fe0ed3cd.jpg

so tracking of entitlements...

291dedc8e45334991.jpg

Edited by kohpapa