Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

Safari Zoo Run 2020 - Second Half of 2020 [Postponed]

9 minutes ago, lonewolf said:

I dun see how they can proceed and comply with MOH's latest directive.

Ticketed events with 250 participants or more to be deferred or cancelled under COVID-19 social-distancing measures: MOH

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-coronavirus-social-distancing-ticketed-events-250-people-12534488

Oh no. Very likely to be postpone or cancel.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, starfinder said:

Oh no. Very likely to be postpone or cancel.

I don't think can be postponed. They need to cordon off the area for the Mandai Project already...

Also it is not compulsory for them to cancel it.

If tickets have been sold for these events, organisers must demonstrate that satisfactory precautionary measures are in place before they can proceed, the ministry said.

If they stagger start times well apart from each other, and provide adequate hydration and wet towels, there is still a slight chance it can proceed? Not from MOH, just thinking aloud if these will constitute as "satisfactory precautionary measures".

Edited by beast

Posted (edited)

I agree with @lonewolf - With the new 250 participants guidelines, I think this event will not proceed...... Unless they have less than 250 runners for each race/ distance?

Edited by sicklycat

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, beast said:

Also it is not compulsory for them to cancel it.

If they stagger start times well apart from each other, and provide adequate hydration and wet towels, there is still a slight chance it can proceed? Not from MOH, just thinking aloud if these will constitute as "satisfactory precautionary measures".

Even though it is not compulsory to cancel, I think most organizers will be more cautious and just cancel - There's already a government advisory...... and given the current situation, no one will blame them for cancelling.

The worst possibility that can happen is to push through with the event, then realise that one person became a confirmed case (with symptoms on event day), and passed it to others during the event...... There were already a few clusters in SG, due to the same reason.

Edited by sicklycat

On 3/13/2020 at 2:44 PM, lonewolf said:

I dun see how they can proceed and comply with MOH's latest directive.

Ticketed events with 250 participants or more to be deferred or cancelled under COVID-19 social-distancing measures: MOH

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid19-coronavirus-social-distancing-ticketed-events-250-people-12534488

please SGRUNNERS lonewolf my kind request is learn to read whole article before here. why? because you are the voice of sgrunners, you say event cancel, event will cancel. 

clearly below says committed events who sell tickets ready can go on.

thank you

On 3/15/2020 at 10:55 PM, AutumnRunner said:

2md half will be cluttered....

It has always been cluttered, even before any runs from 1st half postpone to 2nd half. 

On 3/15/2020 at 9:08 AM, bookie said:

please SGRUNNERS lonewolf my kind request is learn to read whole article before here. why? because you are the voice of sgrunners, you say event cancel, event will cancel. 

clearly below says committed events who sell tickets ready can go on.

thank you

He never says the event will be cancelled...

The article says "If tickets have been sold for these events, organisers must demonstrate that satisfactory precautionary measures are in place before they can proceed,"

It is safe to assume that it is hard to demonstrate satisfactory social distancing in a way and the easier way is to cancel... 

10 hours ago, ZZIZZ said:

The subject has been updated. Thank you guys. 😊

Thank you for the update.  :thumbsu:

Can you also update the Marina Run thread which has also been postponed (with no firm date at the moment)

Thank you very much for your reminder. I updated that the subject of that thread. 😊🤗