Sign in to follow this  
ZZIZZ

Safari Zoo Run 2020 - 29 Mar 2020 (SUN)

Key words - "Final Edition"... "…… After the 12th edition of Safari Zoo Run 2020, we will be taking a break to make way for the upcoming Mandai Project ……"

Edited by ZZIZZ

Will probably go for this run. Had always wanted to go but put off by the price even though it includes admission.

If not, got to wait for some years before they organize again.

Only joined this run once since the price is on the high side (not a fan of repeated visits to the zoo).

But since this is the final edition, keen to run it for one last time.

The problem is........... it clashes with the Forest Force 50 run that I am also keen to take part....... Sigh.

Just now, beast said:

Only joined this run once since the price is on the high side (not a fan of repeated visits to the zoo).

The problem is........... it clashes with the Forest Force 50 run that I am also keen to take part....... Sigh.

Well, go for zoo run then. Or else got to wait a few years...

On 11/6/2019 at 2:05 PM, beast said:

Hi Beast if i'm in your shoe, i would choose Zoo run over Forest Force 50. Rational 2 reasons: 1) Zoo finisher medal is ELM whereas Forest Force finisher medal is not. 2) Zoo run is taking a break whereas there is always Forest Force 50 2021.

I didn't know this event is so popular...

I've always avoided it, coz its expensive... and I thought the air may not be fresh/ may smell unpleasant :sorry:

Edited by sicklycat

2 hours ago, sicklycat said:

I've always avoided it, coz its expensive... and I thought the air may not be fresh/ may smell unpleasant :sorry:

The event is unique becos this is the only we can run in the zoo. 

Actually if registered with kids, it is worth it as it doubles as a family outing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sicklycat said:

You are right about the air! 

It does smells funky! :crazysmile:

Nonetheless, I would highly recommend running it at least once, if you had not done so because it is really a unique place to have a run. In term of race location, I think it may even rival YRPR for uniqueness.

The race fee is indeed expensive but if you consider that entry to Zoo and safari river park comes with the fee, then it's reasonable. But only if you have to intention to visit the zoo. Else if you are one of those who just run and go home after the race, then maybe it may not be really worth it.  

On 11/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, lonewolf said:

Nonetheless, I would highly recommend running it at least once, if you had not done so because it is really a unique place to have a run. In term of race location, I think it may even rival YRPR for uniqueness.

The race fee is indeed expensive but if you consider that entry to Zoo and safari river park comes with the fee, then it's reasonable. But only if you have to intention to visit the zoo. Else if you are one of those who just run and go home after the race, then maybe it may not be really worth it.  

yes totally agreed. e reg fee is on the high side. it really make sense to visit e attraction post race. i go with my kids annually n enjoyed e zoo or river safari. merchandise is good too.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:45 AM, lonewolf said:

I don't intend to visit the zoo after, so ok, I'll skip this one then, and avoid the scent :bad:

Thanks for the advice! :wave:

Edited by sicklycat

Look thru the entitlements. The final edition like nothing extras. 

I ran the first, and skipped the rest. Not very memorable run, but the main thing is the price. Not a fan of the zoo either, so the free entrance to the zoo doesn't entice me.

Will skip the final one too.

8 hours ago, Ender said:

Look thru the entitlements. The final edition like nothing extras. 

I ran the first, and skipped the rest. Not very memorable run, but the main thing is the price. Not a fan of the zoo either, so the free entrance to the zoo doesn't entice me.

Will skip the final one too.

ya. if no kids are involved then it is concur that you save ur money for other races. Nothing fancy for adult to run or experience..

1 hour ago, stalky79 said:

there is a booth to sign up at SCSM REPC

This race will clash my overseas race in 2020... 😤💔

4 hours ago, starfinder said:

Which oveseas race you going? 😀

Seoul marathon? :(

Edited by stalky79

16 hours ago, stalky79 said:

Seoul marathon? :(

Not really. A race held in China, will be running on a highway - 40KM straight highway... Sounds interesting.

It's said that the road condition is very good because all the way straight and flat, but just because the straight and flat road is too long, it cannot be qualified to be IAAF label race...

Edited by ZZIZZ